• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Ru-Ten flag 2.png

It was odd how greatly things could change in a single month, but as Tal-Run looked down upon the city of Yomus from the Sirewood's Fortress, the stark difference between it and how it looked those weeks ago was undeniable. The cold had come, but even under the snow's weight the Sirewood's infested trees stood ready and waiting for any who may threaten the city. They were a wonderous accomplishment, reminding all who looked upon them that the Seventh Sire was ready and eager to protect his homeland the moment the need arose.

Yet even that wasn't enough of a difference, for below her she saw a new regiment of Bentvine Skirmishers being readied to depart for the west to link up with the First Expedition. There was enthusiasm in the streets that dwarfed the First Expedition's turn out when they departed, due in no small part to the word that had been sent of their discovery.

Ruins, a tantalizing prospect to any scholar who heard of them. And though they were still apparently in the midst of investigating them, the mere mention of the metallic structures had the Buried Palm hungry to send as many as they could to learn of what they could hold. Yet where the Buried Palm saw opportunities to learn, many merchants saw them as a wealth or resources just lying about collecting snow and dust. Whoever scrapped these ruins for their wealth of metal first could see sizable profit from the distribution, which of course led to rumors of what kind of treasures could lie within.

Suddenly many were eager to exploit the discovery as thoroughly as possible, and so the decision of reinforcing the Expeditionary force was decided. Pagon had suggested they begin working on getting things built over there in order to facilitate the yearning of the Buried Palm and the more Merchant-Minded, but given the weather the assurance of safety seemed more of a priority.

The blasted weather was an annoyance to all, and would often encourage many to hole up and wait for it to pass. Yet the allure of knowledge and resources that the Ruins provided was enough to motivate the Expeditionary Reinforcement. Yet it had gotten Ral-Tun thinking on something else, an idea which only grew as she watched the Bentvines making their way out of the city.

"Hoping to join them?"

Her thoughts were interrupted by Pagon, who was watching her from the doorway which led to the balcony. He nodded towards the departing Bentvines, prompting Ral-Tun to shake her head.

"My duty lies with the Triumvirate," she gestured to herself "though I've quite the band of Seekers aiming to learn on my behalf once those lands are secured."

Pagon gave a hum of interest at that, approaching from the doorway and joining her in looking below. Once he looked to the snow covering the rail she leaned against, he brushed it off with distaste before flicking the melted water from his hand.

"You know, when you told me those Sirewood Vines would change Gurok's tone, I'll admit I had my doubts." He gestured to the side, "But one of my Partners claims he witnessed him training up a new batch of recruits already, on top of the whole Reinforcement thing going on down there, so I'll suppose I'll call it your win."

"Not mine, brother, a win for all!" Ral-Tun grinned wide "An alleviation of concern was all he truly needed, old warrior types aren't much for avoidable risk."

"Neither are lads like me, but I get the picture." Pagon folded his arms "Hard to believe he's a Grandsire now."

Ral-Tun paused at that, looking to Pagon with raised eyebrows. It had been no secret that one of Gurok's spawn was carrying Younglings, a risky time for such. They'd known of the oncoming winter, as the signs could be read months in advance. Ral-Tun supposed some of the old General's hesitation could be the result of worry over his Daughter's spawn, but she doubted it. The Strength of Might would determine whether the youngling managed to survive, as its mother had already denied the Strength of Mind by bearing at such a time.

But the look on Pagon's face didn't indicate a joke, leading Ral-Tun to ask, "It lived?"

"He lived." Pagon shrugged "So perhaps this leniency could be considered Gurok's method of celebrating, although I find it difficult to believe that any could celebrate in cold such as this. Absolute hindrance that it is, hard to believe Soilings are able to survive in such a state."

Ral-Tun laughed at that, "Actually, I've been thinking on such things." she stepped away for a moment "The Soilings feed off of the Sun's nigh-unrivaled power, surviving even harsh environments with its aid."

"Like the leeches they are." Pagon shook his head, only for Ral-Tun to give him a shake

"Yes yes, but as painful as it is to admit, we are kin with them." She gestured up high "Why should the Sun be forced to grant amnesty to them alone, when there's so much we could gain from such power as well?"

Pagon narrowed his gaze a bit, "What exactly are you suggesting?"

Whilst the Bentvines were sent to reinforce the Expeditionary Unit, a new motion was discussed by the Triumvirate. Eventually, it came before the Seventh Sire himself, and would go on to become the new focus of the Amalgam's research. Because why was it that the Soilings could feast greatly upon the Sun in exchange for the continued waste of existence they lived? Surely more deserving creatures such as themselves could put the sun's offerings to far greater use than they ever could.

And so, the Buried Palm began looking into ways they could utilize the Sun's rays. Could the feed off it in ways that the Soilings could never even dream of? Could they whip those groundbound weaklings into producing more resources using what they stole from the Sun? These questions and more would satiate their desires for now, push the promises of the Ruins aside until these efforts could bear fruit.

Settlements
Yomus: Capital +3 Resources +2 Population
Policies and Advancements
Recycling - Nothing is allowed to go to waste, anything from corpses to destroyed ruins are bounties of resources in the eyes of the Ru-Ten
Sirewood Defenses- Through use of the Vines assisting in the defense of all settlements, they gain 0/+2 except under the attack of The Flame. (Advancement lvl 1)

Units
Yomus Garrison: 1 Gnarlroot Brawler, 1 Bentvine Skirmisher, 1 Sirewood Beast
Army 1: 1 Bentvine Skirmisher (Exploring...)
Movement
1 Bentvine Skirmisher splits from Yomus Garrison and forms Army 2
Army 2 uses Fast movement to venture directly west of Capital to Merge with Army 1

Actions
Action 1: Begin Research- Photosynthesis Exploitation
Action 2: Recruit 1 Bentvine Skirmisher
Action 3: Army 2 moves with Fast movement

The Oni
Without honour there is only darkness
The Story of the Oni
The Great Embassy was a beautiful construction that was the start of a hopefully long term relationship between the nations who held seats within in. For The Oni, such a place was never once thought of but now it was a beacon of a future that lay beyond the lands they had called home for centuries. With the embassy came an alliance that saw an immediate sharing of resources to the point that The Great Bank was formed. A repository for resources to be shared amongst the members of the embassy to help fund projects and defences to benefit everyone.

What also came was the agreement to fund joint projects with the outputs being shared amongst all member states. While the bank was the first of these endeavours, much grander projects lay in the pipeline that would help establish the Western Alliance as a key player amongst the other nations of the continent.
Actions
The Western Alliance

• Great Embassy: New Policy - Combined Effort - Each turn at a cost of 1 resource each, the Western Alliance can gain one advancement for no action cost.​
•Advancement: The Great Bank - Level 1: As a free action Great Embassy members can deposit and withdraw resources into the Great Bank. Withdrawals need a majority vote to confirm.

Paid for Actions

• Settlement: Farming Settlement on Builders after movement - Complete in a single turn​
• Advancement: School - Non-Combatants can be recruited as a free action once per turn.​
• Advancement: Ryokan - Gain +2 Pop Per Settlement and Unlock Ronin

Ronin

Type: Mercenaries
M: 1
HP: 2
Attacks: 2
Atk: 2
Def: 2

Ronin Mercenaries: When the war of the clans ended, many samurai found themselves masterless. While they appreciated the offer to serve the Emperor, they instead opted to go it alone and work as hired hands out in the world. While they have left their home behind, they still care for it greatly and would rather face death than take arms against the Oni.

Ronin have access to the Art of War trait just like Samurai. They do not receive the effects of any other Oni strengths, weaknesses or policies unless in an Oni army. Ronin cost 8 resources to hire with an additional upkeep cost of 4 resources per turn. 50% of the cost is given to the Oni as they send resources home to their families. Ronin cannot be hired by any nation that is at war with the Oni and if they are part of a nation that joins a war against the Oni or their allies, they will immediately leave their service. If hired by the Oni, cost 6 with upkeep of 3.​

Free Actions

• Builders move 1 SW​
• Peasants move east 1 and explore​
• Army 1 move east to Kerem Settlement​
• Army 2 move to Kerem Capital​
code by nano

Gecklicko Combine
"the best rise to the top, for it is the only way forward"
1619233587165.png
there was a somewhat strange uproar in Zigzarag.. instead of an uproar at the lack of materials over the past few months decades of stockpiled resources disappearing in less than a season. this had done something drastically different with what little they had behind the backs of most of the higher council the lower-ranked of gecklicko society had assembled further factory complexes to make use of the unrefined Firecaps mushrooms still sitting in storage. They put themselves to the takes of turning those things into workable metals, needless to say, there was a great reshuffle of positons especially after the administrative faux pa that resulted in resources being allocated to a new settlement when no one actually was there to construct it. those that failed stepped down and those that had shown promise were put into their place. as it always should be and as it always had been, the combine moved on.. unaware that they were possible on the edge of destruction due to snow elves. yet resources where moved directly to a new settlement on orders of Gorbic.. what they where doing with it no one truly knows.. for now

Free action: Army 1 (use action)
move east merge army 2-> army 1 army
5 explore
Actions
Advancments: unyielding industry: cost 3R/1A: every 4 population this nation has increase resource income by 1 Construction:
army 5: standard settlement 5R 1/3A
Expenses:
Income:
Settlements +3
Industry +5 (20 population ÷4)
Total 8
End resouces: 2

It had been a month since they sent their Envoy to the tournament, a noble dragon who was to go an observe the other nations and try to work on possible peace and negotiations at those who met up, but they had not heard from him since and they all feared the worsts. in His honor they Held a period of morning to remember his service to Drakenguard and To tend to his hatchlings who were not fatherless. they though did not seek Revenge from whoever held this event, they simply worried about what had the strength to fell their brother and why did they slay him, for life is a precious thing and should not be wasted in such a way.
--- Month of morning in Draken guard----
Action Writeup-
Army 1 moves SW and Explores Forest
Army 3 moves West
----- Paid Actions-----
army 3 fast Moves SW and Explores (1 action)

In preparation for the incoming increase in tribe size, the Thunder-guts would begin construction of the Mournwood lumber mills or as the ogres knew them “Tree choppa buildins” and increased hunting party sizes and regularity, however these would be of priority

Actions:

Learned Advancements-Hunting Grounds (+4) resources each turn

Last edited:
The Winter Continues

See the source image

Excerpts from around the continent in the time of the Great Strife.

“It was a cold winter in many more ways than one. The people mourned much loss of life. The greatest since the crash. We had only hoped that it wouldn’t go any further…”- Takrian survivor

“The Lizardmen killed my brother. After his body was laid to rest, I enlisted immediately to get revenge on the scaly dastards.”- Regalian lowborn

“The Dark One would soon spread his joyous roots throughout the land. It is all a part of The Great Plan.” -Cultist of The Dark One

“Even the Dead support our cause of Freedom from the nobility. We must be in the right.” - Inebriated Toulais militaman

WINTER IS STILL CONTINUING ON THE CONTINENT. IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN ANY LOCATION THAT IS COVERED IN SNOW AND ARE NOT A NATION THAT IS USED TO THE HARSH WEATHER, YOUR MOVEMENT IS -1 (Ogres Nation and Regalia are unaffected due to naturally living in these harsh conditions.)

1 AA, Turn 6, Month 6

NYluKhpNgoCHj4uXqixXm7VGX2Zu8DigLPQRX9g7oRhptrXuvx04bLjQj5MipsWq7ARaci7NlhaifkTWwJA1mPiDvnw1DTHIYvQwLoX4Lq7m8XTJ9enfT9ezlcgCFTeZLtgpB-C8

The Order of Kerem
Population: 22 Resources: 21 Order: 1

Research City Militia:
“In order to defend our settlements, our people must be ready to defend it at all costs.... and having some basic defense before hand will aid in this task.”

All settlements built by the Order of Kerem will gain 2 Milita units that are unable to leave the settlement, meaning that no settlement, even farms are left unguarded. Militia are also unable to be trained and more must be gained as of a result from research

Unit stats:

Name: City militia
Type: Troop
M: 0 (cannot move from settlement, and is considered a part of it)
Attacks: 1
Atk: -2
Def: -2

Trait: The masses: The mere size number of the Militia makes up for their lack of quality, allowing them to quickly reform their ranks if some fall within battle. Gain +1 hp as well as being foes that must be targeted first in order to attack other units.

A group of Humanoid dragons arrive at one of the settlements. (Diplomacy in Dragon chat)

The City State of Mesania
Population: 28 Resources: 8, Order: 1
19 Slaves

Advancement: Overwhelming Presence:
"Is this the man you want me to kill? The one who defeated a thousand foes on his own? Yeah, thanks but no thanks. No amount of coin is worth dying over."

While at war with Mesania, if a hero or leader is adjacent to any settlement of that faction, regular mercenaries cannot be recruited by that faction in any settlement within an adjacent tile, and any preexisting mercenaries that come to be within an adjacent tile will flee or surrender. Special mercenaries can still be hired, but will demand double the recruitment cost and upkeep for the increased risk(if hired normally and then brought within the range of Overwhelming presence's effects, they will demand the excess wage as soon as they are within range).

Advancement: Kind at Heart
Agathos, though a terrifying warrior, has his name for a reason, and will happily protect any and all allies, even when he himself would be harmed by such an action

Agathos gains the Born Hero trait: Whenever an allied unit on an army he is part of would receive damage by an attack, Agathos will heroically intervene, redirecting the attack towards himself(resolve as if though he was the intended target). Agathos can heroically intervene three times per turn. This trait becomes disabled when Agathos is performing a desperate breakthrough.

If more units would receive damage than he has interventions left, Agathos will prioritize, in that order:

-Heroes with 2 HP or less
-Priests
-Elite units

Takrian Capital forces are eliminated by the overwhelming force of Mesania.

Zeus requires the building of a temple in each settlement and in the Takrian Capital, but built by Messainains and slaves.

The Chariots discover a small shrine. It seems to be covered in moss and is unkempt. (Continued in diplomacy)

Mitsura
Population: 16 Resources: 7 Order: 2

Advancement: Place of exchange, -3 resources, Enables trade
Advancement: Dangerous Flora I, -3 resources, Enemy units get -1/-1 on forest tiles that are connected to the Kaminoki (no settlement required).
Advancement: Dangerous Fauna I, -3 resources, Enemy units get -1/-1 on forest tiles that are connected to the Kaminoki (no settlement required)

Invention from Heckron: Insect and Arachnid Pheromone Control: Whenever a Mitsuran army fights in a forest tile, before the battle starts, great insect swarms harass the lines of the enemy. Three random enemy units lose attack first, or if they didn’t have it, gain attack last. Heroes and Leader units are unaffected.

The Fallen City: A large structure, larger than any city that has been seen by these eyes stads high above the horizon. It’s walls have cracks, but seem still sturdier than any bronze armor that you’ve seen. Outside, overgrowth on skeletons is numbered beyond a small scale battle. This must have been a large scale war, the final battle of one, anyway. Inside lay the remains of an entire civilization, if one could pierce its powerful, but ancient crumbling walls, who knows what they could find.

Outside small groupings of Dwarves and Geckos can be seen. (Continued in Mitsura Diplomacy chat)
Quest 1: Acquire and spend 20 Resources

“Firstly, I will require some nutrients. I have been locked away for far too long by the forces that oppose the great plan. Once I have been given such sustenance, I can provide you with my own troops to give support to the Great Plan.” -The Dark One

Toulais
Population: 16 Resources: 3 Order: 2

Advancements Unlocked – “Trade Routes” and “Watercraft”

Gain access to Watercraft.
HP 1
Movement: 2
Attack: 1
Atk:0
Def:0
Holds 2 units. Can embark and disembark as free actions

Event: A large wandering circus troupe wishes to gain entry into the city. A goblin wearing loads of white face paint and a big red nose with oversized clothing approaches the guards to ask permission to enter and perform for the city. (Diplomacy Channel)

Regalia
Population: 20 Resources: 37 Order: 0

The Guardsmen explore and discover a strange partially submerged metal structure. It looks like no metal that has been seen before in Regalia. (Continued in Diplomacy Chat)

Research > Regal Ring > 1 & 2 of 3
Policy Change > NEW Policy: Total War ~ For every unit trained, Regalia can gain one more in addition without an action point, as long as Regalia can cover the costs in resources and manpower for the additional unit.

The people request a colosseum build in the capital.

Grem unlocks new advancement through his research. Ether > Level 1 ~ A miraculous discovery, Regalian mages have discovered the means to distil magical energies into a liquid substance, which they now call Ether. Even though early in its discovery, already mages across the Realm foresee its use in all matters of life, from forging better weapons and armour to revolutionizing medicine and the economy. Once its potential is fully realised, life in Regalia will never be the same again.

Takrian Republic
Population: 27 Resources: 45 Order: 0

Takrian forces in the capital were crushed by the attacking Messanian Forces. The people are terrified as the Capital is being held hostage. -1 Order
Marksmanship training: Though mostly used to shower enemy troops in a hail of arrows, takrian archers are additionally trained in individual marksmanship, serving as a makeshift replacement to snipers of Nazgir in eliminating high value targets. Archers gain +2 attack when targeting heroes and leaders.

Zanzir
Population: 26 Resources: 0 Order: 1

Black Market constructed. Will gain items that can be bought by other players.

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Population: 14 Resources: 6 Order: 1

Photosynthesis Exploitation- The Capital gains an extra +2 Resources

The Oni
Population: 26 Resources: 27 Order: 1
Advancement: School - Non-Combatants can be recruited as a free action once per turn.
• Advancement: Ryokan - Gain +2 Pop Per Settlement and Unlock Ronin

Ronin

Type: Mercenaries

Ronin Mercenaries: When the war of the clans ended, many samurai found themselves masterless. While they appreciated the offer to serve the Emperor, they instead opted to go it alone and work as hired hands out in the world. While they have left their home behind, they still care for it greatly and would rather face death than take arms against the Oni.

Ronin have access to the Art of War trait just like Samurai. They do not receive the effects of any other Oni strengths, weaknesses or policies unless in an Oni army. Ronin cost 8 resources to hire with an additional upkeep cost of 4 resources per turn. 50% of the cost is given to the Oni as they send resources home to their families. Ronin cannot be hired by any nation that is at war with the Oni and if they are part of a nation that joins a war against the Oni or their allies, they will immediately leave their service. If hired by the Oni, cost 6 with upkeep of 3.

The Peasants discover the site of a battle. Corpses, fallen horses and wooden contraptions all linger about. (Continued in Diplomacy.)

Gelicko
Population: 20 Resources: -3 Order: 0

Advancements: unyielding industry: cost 3R/1A: every 8 population this nation has increase resource income by 1 Construction:
Army 5 Explores: and comes across a small fishing village(Continued in Diplomacy chat)

Draken Guard
Population: 22 Resources: 9 Order: 1

The Dragon forces arrive at a settlement controlled by the Order of Kerem. (Diplomacy in Dragon Chat)

Ogre Kingdoms
Population: 20 Resources: -6 Order: 0

Hunting Grounds (Farming Settlement) constructed.

Battle for supremacy continuing in Diplomacy Chat

Azera
Population: 20 Resources: 8 Order: 2

Gained Shadowman Hero unit

Dymraen
Population: 26 Resources: 32 Order: 1

Quest 1: Recover a malfunctioning Observation Machine

“One of our machines that we use to gather data has malfunctioned and gone far off course. We would appreciate it if our new neighbors could recover it for us so that we can continue to use the data that it provides.” - ZT02​

Last edited:
Zanzir

Kerem's Reach
On the surface, Zanzir seemed to be prospering and growing without interference, but to anyone involved in the nation’s inner circles the realm was in a dangerous position. In the west the banished princess was dividing the nation in half as she tried to garner the loyalty of the faithful and the occult community. Her new found affinity for magic spread through the desert like scorpions and everyone knew of how dangerous she had become. Demoted from the Mistress of Coin, Amanitore and those that were currently helping to serve her cause called her the Bride of Kerem. Her home of Kerem’s Reach had gained some curb appeal thanks to its new beach homes and maintained farmlands, but that did very little to ease her own stress.
“Princess? You have barely touched your food, your grace, you must maintain your strength.” A soft voiced woman declared as she approached the dining table. Sunlight poured into the room and bathed the princess’ breakfast in radiance, making everything from the toast to the vulture look more delicious. Amanitore had not touched a single bit of her food though. Instead she sat in the shadowed corner of her bed chambers with her book of spells clutched tightly in her hands. “Princess?”

The sounds of her lady’s slippers drew closer and when they came within reach, Amanitore swatted the woman away. “Adhhab!” She snapped in the language of the ancestors. Right away she caught herself however, eyes full of rage and frustration, they lingered on the servant for just a second before they were forced away. “I am sorry.” The princess spoke as shame darkened her face. She rose from her seat with the book now closed and her head hanging low. “Please, join me.” Amanitore gestured to one of the empty seats at the table and seated herself at the head of it. The woman who was her lady in waiting sat down in the chair just beside the princess.

“Things are not going well for the realm. Bandits in the west raided our territory last month and in the west my brother writes that a foreign invasion has begun on the shores south of Raven’s Heart.” Her hand slid over her face like the tides lapping against the beach. It dragged downward, pulling her skin and taking away her somber mood. “There is also the divide between my brother and I. He and the rest of the capital see me as a weak and useless pawn and that has driven a wedge between not only us, but those who support us. I could never be Queen, I know, but…” Amanitore placed her grimoire down on the table and pushed it aside to make room for her plate.

“You have all the strength and courage of a Queen, your grace. You needn’t be the Mistress of Whispers to prove that.” The young woman flashed a bright smile at Amanitore and the Princess couldn’t help but to smile back. “This book is the key to saving Zanzir, I am sure of it. The spells contained in her will awaken the great sand sea and our enemies will shrink in Kerem’s presence.” She spoke the words with such passion, her faith in the texts now known to her confidant.

“Surely that one old tome cannot be the answer to a nation’s troubles, my lady?” Her brow furrowed in confusion as she looked over the book. It had been in the princess’ possession for a few months now and even still it was covered in a thick layer of dust, not even sand.

Amanitore pushed away from the table and grabbed the book in hand as she made her way towards the balcony. “The spells within this book allowed for the creation of the sand spirit soldiers. The next spell I plan to enact will bring Kerem’s shield down around all of Zanzir. And no bandits or foreign invaders will be able to threaten us then. Even my brother and his Raven Network will yield to the power I display next.” Her white linen dress billowed in the wind and Amanitore inhaled deeply, letting the breeze fill her lungs. Down below she spotted units moving about the city towards the edge of their domain.

“Ah yes that peculiar laboratory that has caught my brother’s interest. He ignores the fact we are susceptible to bandits and sends our defenders to clean up an abandoned building.” Her head shifted left and right in disapproval of her younger sibling’s choices. “I will take the lame should The Reach fall to outside forces and who knows what they will try to do to me then.” Exile seemed like a far off dream before today, something she never thought her brother would allow to happen to her, but here she was living as a banished royal on the edge of the nation in an incomplete city. “Come, I won’t let men ruin our future.” With her handmaiden in tow Amanitore and several of her occultist followers set the task of building their defenses.

Raven's Heart

“Phobos.” In a dark alley just outside of Zanzir’s night market, a hooded figure knocked upon the door of a house with no candles burning inside. The word he whispered granted him access as the door was cracked just enough to let in the wind. The house was occupied by one large man who closed the door as soon as his guest had entered. “No weapons.” He declared before he pointed to the nearby table. It was littered with weapons left behind by previous arrivals and although he was reluctant to disarm himself, the hooded man dropped his blades. “Through there.” The guard mumbled and pointed with his thumb jutting out towards a decrepit wardrobe.

Gently pulling open the raggedy doors, the hooded man noticed a breeze. There was a large whole in the base of the wardrobe with a ladder that stretched down to what appeared like cobblestone paths. The man descended the ladder and as he got closer to the subterranean level he could hear voices and smell aromas that he hadn’t smelled while he was upstairs.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the grand opening of the Black Market! Here discretion is our top priority! The things on sale have come from nowhere and are going nowhere!” Tenebrous spoke with a large smile on his face as he stood atop a stone platform in what had once been the dungeons beneath the palace. “Remember to sell and buy, make contacts, and if you can’t afford it, don’t touch it.” Laughter erupted from the gathered masses; a collection of shady figures, young and old, rich and poor, all looking to collect or part with something illegally owned. “Lastly! The house will be selling unique items as well, so be sure to browse our wares as well. I promise a good deal.” Stalls littered the dark corners of the dungeon and the room was abuzz with chatter as the guests began to shop and sell.

Creatures, property, stolen items, rare treasures, there was a merchant for everything down in the darkness and a buyer for everything. From his own corner of the room, hidden behind fancy tapestries and surrounded by guards, Tenebrous celebrated the successful launch of his latest endeavor.

Action:
  • Advancement: Shield Of Kerem - In times of need the One God always protects his loyal flock and sends the desert gods to answer their plea. Like a mighty tsunami the desert itself comes to life and surges forward to wipe the slate of Zanzir’s enemies. The desert lives and the sandstorm rages on. (This spell Sanstorm as a lvl 1 advancement will give the spaces all the effects of harsh weather to enemies. Further advancements lvl2 and 3 gain new effects . Shield Of Kerem cost no resources to activate, but has a maintenance cost of 1 resource per city every turn and cost 1 Action to start and one action every turn to maintain. Once deactivated it cannot be reactivated for 3 turns.)
  • Advancement: Shipbuilding
  • Advancement: Agents of Diplomacy - Civilian units sent to foreign nations to engage in statecraft. Diplomats can attempt several operations.
    • Corrupting officials - By promising rewards or supporting their individual interests, Zanziran Diplomats can corrupt foreign officials, bringing them to their side. Corrupt officials increase the chances of all Zanzir operatives within the city by +! on a roll. (Roll a D10 and on a 7+ corruption is successful.)
    • Sowing Unrest - Spreading rumors of cruelty, corruption,, or greed, Diplomats rile up the people of a city and use them as a weapon to halt progress. (Strikes within the city will put a stop to resource production and construction in the target city. Roll a D10 and on a 7+ a strike will occur. If successful, roll a D3 to determine how many turns it will last.)

Movement:
  • Army 5 moves SW 1 Tile
  • Army 3 moves SW 1 Tile

Exploration:
  • Army 2 engages the Xenosis Laboratory

Stats:

Black Market Item:

• Bow of the Ages: Costs 10 Res
    • Strength: Powerful Blow: Deals 1 extra damage
    • Weakness: Unwieldy: The powerful attack, makes it difficult to use. -2/0
  • Golem Armor: 10 Res
    • Strength: +1 HP
    • Weakness: -1 Movement

Cities:

• Raven’s Heart (capital)
    • Palace
    • City Walls = 0/+1 to defending troops
    • 0/+2 to defending units
    • Black Market (Gain random items from rolls)

• Sun’s Spire (Standard)
  • Kerem’s Reach (Farming)

Total Income: 12 per Turn
  • Base +2
  • Capital +2res
  • Sun’s Spire +2res
  • Kerem’s Reach +4res
  • (1)Trade Agreements +2res

Military:

• 3x Spies
  • 2x Archers
  • 3x Infantry

Last edited:
The Day of Gifts
~ Regalian Christmas ~

1619623468427.jpeg

• Regalia's latest resident, Grem, had been afforded much when he was presented to the Primus. Stine had already been impressed by the small creature, especially with regards to the strange runic magic he possessed, and the Primus trusted in Stine's judgement on the matter. With Alexian's agreement, Grem was given free reign to explore the Regalian Library within the Magisterial Palace, allowed to read to his hearts content. Stine also provided Grem with a small laboratory, just large enough for the small goblin but also well equipped for serious research to be conducted. And Stine pretty much left the goblin to his work, checking up on him only on occasion.

Some wondered why Stine and Alexian were giving so much freedom and resources to this small foreigner, even if he is brilliant. Grem would soon show them why.

Within the depths of his laboratory, Grem works feverishly, surrounded by several dozen open tomes while his magical devises work at speed upon their workbenches. Grem had discovered something in one of these tomes, a theory of how to distil magic into a substance. Of course, the tomes do not show how, because no mage has ever discovered the means to do it. But the theory stand as a possibility, and reading about it triggered something in Grem; an old memory, something that his old mentor once taught him back when Grem was just an apprentice. He remembered how to extract magical energies from living things and collect it as a liquid substance. A relatively simple bit of alchemy for Grem, but hardly useful for much besides rudamentary alchemy. The trouble is that most living things, from plants to animals, possessed very little magic within them at all, so yields from extracting that energy are tiny. Normally, Grem might dismiss these theories as just impossibilities, like most mages have done in Regalia. But then an idea came to him.

"I-I've... I-I've done it." Grem mutters to himself, eyes wide, trembling and overworked hands reaching out to the vial beneath the distiller. The vial contained a bright blue substance, thick and translucent, even warm to the touch. The vial contained more than a little bit of magic. It was potent. Grem could feel the power within, pulsing through his hand, more than he ever expected. He had done it. He had done the impossible.

"Ether," Grem muttered to himself, clutching the vial tight, so that it might not slip out from his shacking hands, "Yes, that fits. Ether."

~~~

Alexian finally reaches Stine's office within the Ministry of the Arcane. A messager reached him in his quarters not long ago, urgently asking him to come to Stine's office immediately, noting only that something of great importance has been discovered. Alexian departed as soon as he could, wondering what it could be so urgent.

He would wonder no longer.

Alexian steps into Stine's office to find his Magister as well as the small goblin researcher that Sparda had found. Stine rises as soon as Alexian steps through the door, and uses a bit of magic to close the door behind the Primus.

"Thank you for coming so soon, Your Illuminance." Stine offered, "I apologise for rushing you here, but this simply cannot wait. We have made a monumental discovery, Your Illuminance. Or rather, Grem here has."

The Magister would then step over to Alexian, and offer out his hand. In the palm of his hand lay a tiny vial filled with glowing blue liquid. The Primus could sense it immediately. Magic. Stronger than any potion ever devised, and Alexian reached out to take the vial, the mere touch of it making Alexian's fingers pulse.

"What is this?" Alexian asks, examining the vial closely, "It's strongly magical, that much is clear."

"Indeed," Stine smiles, "What you have there, Your Illuminance, is liquid magic. Pure liquid magic, in fact. That, right there, is magic made material."

Alexian could not help but look at Stine in sheer disbelief. Liquid magic has been theorised, but never successfully created. It was believed to be impossible, in fact. Attempts to distil magic into some matter of physical form only resulted in thin solutions, mostly used in potions and medicine. Such solutions would only have small concentrations of magic, 2% or 3% at the most. But this vial?

"The purity is 83%, Your Illuminance." Stine announces eagerly, drawing Alexian's eyes wider, "And this was a prototype distillation method. With refinement, I believe we can achieve better purities, up to 90% given our current capabilities, and with a few decades we may achieve up to 99%. These concentrations of magic would allow us to use this substance, which Grem has named 'Ether', for just about anything. The possibilities are endless! Never again will all of our magic depend on the strength of mages alone! Now, we have the means to go far beyond our natural limits. And all of it made possible because of Grem's work."

The Primus finally looked to the tiny goblin, stepping away from Stine and toward Grem, even kneeling down to his level.

"You have perhaps given us our single greatest arcane discovery in our history." Alexian tells Grem, and he is not exaggerating, "Tell me, Grem. How did you achieve this?"

"Through the reading of your tomes, Your Illuminance, I found your theories about liquid magic." Grem told Alexian, "It reminded me of my own lessons, from when I was an apprentice. With those old methods, I was able to distil greater concentrations of magic in potions. 4% to 5%. A marginal improvement, but still an improvement. But then a thought came to me. I remembered your tomes speak of how magic relates to mages, how it is inherent to you, how it is part of you in a way it is not part of me, or anything else in this world. And so, I decided to conduct an experiment."

"I took blood samples, from mages within the Ministry of the Arcane." Grem elaborates, and Alexian starts to realise where this is going, "I used the processes I knew to distil mage blood into liquid magic. They were failures, at first. Using blood is very different to using other materials. But I refined my process, made adjustments, and finally... well, finally, I distilled that vial of Ether. Mages of Regalia are more powerful than you realise. You only use a small portion of their true magical strength when casting spells. Theoretically, any mage could become as strong as you, Your Illuminance. Or stronger, even. That vial is made from just one drop of Regalian blood."

"Our... blood." Alexian mutters, looking back to the vial to see its blue glow. That is why it must be blue, for mage blood is blue. The Primus is not sure what to think of this, and rises up to stand again, just staring at the vial.

"Already, we are making plans to distil Ether in large quantities." Stine speaks up, breaking the Primus out of his thoughts, "We can make enough here in the Palace for now, but soon we will need a dedicated facility here in the city. Between us, Grem and I believe we can distil Ether of different concentrations, to be used for different things. Potion making and medicines would require low concentrations, so not to overwhelm the body. Enchanting would require concentrations in wide ranges, depending on its use. And industrial uses of Ether would require high concentrations, for the need of immense power in industrial processes. When we have reached our full potential with Ether, Regalia would be transformed beyond recognition."

"But it requires our blood, Stine." Alexian mentions, his voice disturbed, before looking to the Magister, "There is only so much blood that can be extracted."

"For now, we have enough." Stine tells the Primus, "Celest is a city of millions, and thousands of those citizens are mages. With donations of blood from each of us, we would have enough to last us for years, perhaps even decades. And with better refinement of the process, we could generate more Ether with less blood, and improve efficiency to eliminate waste. In time, we could even develop a suitable alternative, but, for now, we can acquire enough blood from our mage populace to satisfy our needs. And while using blood to distil Ether may seem distasteful, Your Illuminance, the benefits far outweigh any ethical questions."

Alexian was not so comfortable with the idea. Using the blood of mages to create Ether. It felt wrong. But Alexian knew Stine was right. The benefits would far outweigh Alexian's one lone troubled conscience.

"Very well." Alexian nods to Stine, before looking to Grem, smiling at the small man, "We thank you, dear friend. You have done more for us in your short time here than others have done in a lifetime. That, I assure you, will never be forgotten in Regalia. You are, of course, promoted. You will lead any and all projects regarding Ether and its uses from now on. Anything you need or desire is yours at the asking. And you have my ear for the remainder of your days and mine."

"Stine, see to it that Grem is given better facilities, a new home, and a full team." Alexian orders the Magister, "I want to regular updates on all his work. And he is to provided with anything he needs, no expense spared. Is that clear?"

"Of course, Your Illuminance." Stine bowed, "It shall be done."

With one last smile to the small goblin, Alexian turned and left Stine's office, still holding onto the vial of Ether. The first vial of Ether ever created. Centuries from now, this will be an artefact of great value, a thing of history that everyone across the world will read about one day. Hard to imagine, then, that this substance flows in Alexian's veins. If mages only use a small portion of their true power, just how powerful could they become? Only time will tell, it seemed. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Turn 6

The jungle was a lot noisier than usual as waves upon waves of Hoshi moved through it. Their destination was the same, the Tomb of Growth, which lay nestled between the Kaminoki’s roots. They had come because the Great One had asked them to. Not demanded, asked. Not that the Kaminoki needed to ever command its children, which were so eager to please it.

The elder tree itself then, did he regret sending so many of its spawn to their deaths. Somewhere in the elder tree’s vast mind a pang of sadness for its children. It was necessary though, a part of the way of things. Mitsura was always dying and growing, the Hoshi weren’t any different.

The Kaminoki searched its feelings, they were different from those of mortals, more complex, deeply connected to the state of the jungle. The elder tree was eager, its mind working faster than it normally would. Things were going well, not fast, but well. It knew that there were other nations who moved quickly, a flurry of activity. The Kaminoki however, wasn’t hasty. It had stood and been patient for centuries, as it conceived its Great Plan.

Being an elder tree wasn’t about how fast you operated, but about being a constant in an ever-changing world. Mortals should try spending a few hundred years being a sapling or a rock or something. It would teach them patience. The elder tree “chuckled” and all the trees in the jungle creaked.

The long line of Hoshi on their way to the tomb of growth smiled as one being. Instinctively feeling the mirth of their creature, even if they didn’t know what it was about.

The Kaminoki reached out, borrowing the eyes of a Hoshi. The small mind was both familiar and alien. Mortal beings needed so much. The Kaminoki mused. It needed only water and sunlight, both of which were abundant. The elder tree stayed in the hoshi as it marched into the Tomb of Growth. With a smile his child lay down in soft moss, like so many others. It closed its eyes and soon it was breathing the steady breath of sleep.

The Kaminoki send it a dream of happiness, promising its child remembrance. The truth of the matter was that his children had been lied to. They didn’t need to accomplish great things to be remembered. How could the Kaminoki not remember its own children? It had created them with a purpose, yes, that purpose now was to pass into the beyond, but they could never fail him. He loved them all, equally, as only an immortal being could.

So, he waited and watched as his children descended to become nutrients to the jungle. For each he made sure the passing was painless. As he flooded their systems with natural poisons, he sent them happy dreams, until the last one breathed its last.

The jungle became quiet, as if holding its own breath. Air passed the lips of the last hoshi in the tomb of growth and the jungle exhaled. A few seconds later it felt like the long line of noisy hoshi hand never existed.

Actions turn 6:

Movement: free movement only (Natural woodsmen strength gives double movement on jungle tiles)
  • Army 2 moves one tile east
  • Army 4 moves SE

Free actions:
  • Policy forest growth activates 1 tile NW from Capital
  • Army 7 explores
Actions:
  • Action 1: Advancement: Forest Irrigation II: -6 resources, when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in two turns less than the required 4. 1/2 actions.
  • Action 2: Advancement: Tomb of Growth II: -6 resources, Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 1:1 ratio. 1/2 actions.
  • Action 3: Advancement: Fog of Dreams: -3 resources, proposed effect: throughout the jungle are flowers, which produce a liquid that instantly evaporates in the jungle’s heat. Instead of dissipating this fog remains constantly present. Enemy units who breathe in the fog become relaxed, calm, friendly and sleepy. Due to its effect and density of the fog making it hard to navigate all enemy units get -1 movement on forest tiles connected to the Kaminoki (no settlement required).
Continuing processes:
  • Growth of a new jungle tile 1 tile North West of capital 1/4
  • Inventor Hekron creates a new invention 1/3 (4 -1 for the Inventor’s Workshop advancement)
  • Complete: Borage grows a swamp tile 1 tile East, 1 tile North East of capital 3/3 (4-1 due to presence Niwashi)
Diplomatic events
  • The nations of Zanzir and Mitsura: non-aggression pact
  • The nations of Zanzir and Mitsura: trade agreement (+2 resources)
  • The nations of The Gecklicko Combine and Mitsura: Non-aggression pact

Tables

Weaknesses Effects Location
Sunlight Units in deserts or snow tiles have -1/-1, +2 to fire weakness Empire wide
Sub-Kaminoki trees If a Kaminoki tree is destroyed, all units in that tile and surrounding tiles lose the bonus they receive from Strong Magics. Those not under the affect of the tree have a -1/0 Empire wide

Bonuses Effects Location
Natural Woodsmen Double movement for units on forest tiles +0/+1 while in forest Empire wide
Population Growth Population growth +2, Max pop +5 Empire wide
Strong Nature magics Units have +1/+1 in settlements Empire wide
The Inventor’s workshop While residing in his workshop Inventor Hekron creates and invention in 3 turns instead of 4. Seicho
Forrest Irrigation 1 when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in one turn less than the required 4. Empire wide
Tomb of Growth Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 2:1 Empire wide
Blood Pits +1 order and the Kaminoki is empowered by blood sacrifice (up to gm’s discretion) Seicho
Poisoned weaponry Yari and Ite troops have +1/+0 Empire wide
Place of exchange Enables trade Empire wide
Dangerous Flora I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Dangerous fauna I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Insect and Arachnid Pheromone Control Whenever a Mitsuran army fights in a forest tile, before the battle starts, great insect swarms harass the lines of the enemy. Three random enemy units lose attack first, or if they didn’t have it, gain attack last. Heroes and Leader units are unaffected. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki

Settlement Type Level Pop Resources per turn Pop Growth Order
Seicho Capital 1 0 +2 +4 -
Kakucho (1 W capital) Standard 1 8 +2 +4 -
Hirogaru (1 E capital) Standard 1 8 +2 +4 -
Overall: - - 16 +6 +12 per turn 2

This roster shows where the troops will be located after the movements of this post. (The current stats might not be accurate)

Unit Type Location Army Stats (Strengths, weaknesses, settlements included)
Hekron the Inventor Hero Seicho (capital) No army assigned HP: 2 Attacks: 2 2/7
Borage Hero 1 E, 1 NE from capital Army 6 HP: 3(4) Attacks: 2 0/1
Dark Disciple Hero 1 East from capital, Hirogaru settlement. No army assigned HP: 2 Attacks: 2 6/4
Ite unit 1 Troop Kakucho (settlement 1W from capital) Army 3 HP: 1 Attacks: 1 3/2
Yari Unit 1 Troop 1 W, 1 NW from capital Army 4 HP: 1 Attacks: 1 2/0
Yari unit 2 Troop 1 E, 1 NE, 1NE from capital Army 1 HP: 1 Attacks: 1 2/0
Niwashi Elite 1 NE, East from capital Army 2 HP: 1 Attacks 2: 2/0
Yari unit 3 Troop Seicho (capital) Army 5 Hp: 1 Attacks 1: 3/4

The followers of the universe itself;

The Order of Kerem;
The Capital

77B8B224-05F7-4EAE-93E8-4B2A4F6ABBF5.jpeg

Two full months had gone and pass ever since we had last checked upon the Capital and its people... but ever since those two months, the Capital has been bustling with activity, and this wasn’t done alone. Within one of the few and largest markets within Capital... known as the Hand of Kerem, named due to it uniting these nations as brothers and sisters in arms and had often interacted within this very market itself due to its large size... and thus, was named. It was filled with many people... the population growing at a rather good rate over these last months, from both trader and civilian alike. It was only recently that the trades had began arriving to their Capital... but nonetheless, the wares and foreign items they had brought from lands outside of the desert were certainly something to behold, and some of the civilians of the Capital wanted to see what these stranger items were... of course, they weren’t in any large rush to do so, mostly a few around a table as of now due to the common untrusting nature that the people had when it comes to stranger outside of their lands... especially the desert itself....

Nearby, Emercival was back in his current routine within the Capital, and that included buying wares from the usual grocery selling merchant he visits often... but some of the foot traffic on the streets were rather high, especially with the amount of people that was growing as well as the breeding of the Giant Desert Isopods had resulted in more empty spaces of the roads being taken up so that one may be able to reach their direction. But after reaching the growing market, Emercival had to carefully make his way past the ever growing crowd of people who arrived to see the wares available got sale. After reaching the stand, the Merchant there had a grin form on his face once again as the man said.

“Ah, Emercival... it is nice to see my favorite customer here, how are you doing my friend.”

To which the latter merely shrugged... not really much else had happened over the last month so all was really fine. The Merchant merely laughed at this and said.

“Oh-ho, my friend is silent as always... you gotta speak up Emercival, or else you are never gonna have any real conversation with people in the future. The only reason why it is not important now is because everyone you know can handle your muteness... but sooner or later, you gotta speak up.”

“Anyway, I believe you are here to buy some of my wares for the week?”

The Emercival had nodded in return. The Merchant merely chuckled as he prepared the items for Emercival.

“So, have you heard about outsiders, you know, three whole other nations filled with life. Hell, there are even some of their troops in the capital somewhere in here... and I gotta say... what they are wearing isn’t something I ever seen before, that’s for sure. Maybe I could buy something off them to give to my wife and daughter...”

And while the Merchant continued with his casual talk while getting the groceries ready for Emercival... the latter could only think about of what exactly this all could mean. By no means was he a completely fanatical follower of words of Kerem... he considers himself along the middle to lower portion of the spectrum, but still, he could think of only a couple of negative things that the introduction of the outside world can bring. Of course, it’s mostly due to his pessimistic line of thinking, but hey, you can’t but help thinking of the negatives as well. Who knows what could happen... but was brought back to reality with the Merchant placing the filled basket onto the table.

Only giving a nod and a wave goodbye, Emercival grabbed the basket and headed off now... to where he lives? No one knows but only him.

Dungeons of the Damned
04FBC82A-A5AC-4EDA-9D11-D4173FAD4E7C.jpeg

Underneath the growing streets of the city, an underground structure, an ‘prison’... for even a place united by the words of the universe itself, discord still occurs within its population, and the worst of the worst are sent to the dungeons of the damned, and while its living conditions are not the worst within the world and the food average, this is where the reformation of an individual’s mind to rid them of their sins and discipline them to never go against their people again... after all, they should be united, not hurting each other, their own brothers and sisters for what? To prove a point or opinion? Of course... something rather important was occurring today.

Right here... at this very moment, an armored individual was walking down the many halls and parts of the structure. This individual was none other than the Councilman of the art of war. He has a purpose within this very prison.... a certain man that he is looking for. Of course... not everything could go smoothly, and much earlier yesterday... when they had finally put this individual behind walls, and it was through a vote to put the man behind bars instead of executing him right on the spot. It was a difficult vote... and remembering about that conversation could only bring anger to his veins of how they had attempted to merely go with the less troublesome and wrong choice instead of going through the effort of reforming this person to become a powerful ally with his skillset... a Fool they had called the individual, for leaving his men to die a few years ago defending an caravan against an attack of an ancient beast within their lands.

While it is certainly something to not forgive one for... executing one for being unable to take down such a threat in a hopeless battle... especially with a skillset such as him, would be merely a waste of life with great potential.

“Sir, we have arrived to the cell..”

One of the two guards that had accompanied him had announced their arrival to the cell, to which the Councilman nodded in return and thus, began approaching the cell. Inside the cell was a rather fit and athletic individual, and while of his limbs and chest were covered by a white cloth, but it is rather apparent that this man was trained and had been working upon his muscular strength. The individual within the cell had turned to face the Councilman with a blank face, the man having a rather small stubble growing on his face, as well as a nearly bald head, with only some short black hair growing to show that he wasn’t completely bald or under signs of balding. The man also had a rather empty look on his face, with blank yet focused brown eyes. The councilman only gave a sigh... before saying.

“How has things been faring... younger brother...”

“Sometimes.... a neutral power must go to war in order to protect the ones they love.”
Actions for Turn:

Army make up:
Army 1;
- x1 Royal Guard
- x1 Footsoldier

Army 2;
-x1 Footsoldier
-x1 Hunters
-x1 Tamed Lions
-x1 Javelin Throwers

Army 3;
-x1 Giant Desert Isopod Herd

Free Actions:
Armies stay in their respective location.

Paid Actions:
1. Research Magic Infused Stone Constructs:
“With the increase of resources being available to us... we have a steady source that allows us to focus up the more arcane and magical aspects of our life... one of which... is bringing back none other than warriors of a previous age in a new body.”

Unlocks New Unit:
Name: Ushabti
Type: Elite

Trait: Stone cold bodies; “Their stone bodies allow them fight like no other man can... requiring no resources in order to feed and house them... and they require only the minimum amount of upkeep as well as maintains their Stone bodies and their connecting with them. These make for strong ideal warriors.”; Ushabti gain 0/+2 as well as an extra HP

2. Research Improved Trade Routes; “Better and more efficient Trade Routes would make for even more possibilities”; Trade Routes with nations gain a extra +1 resource. Also applies for other nations trading with the Order.

3. Begin Training of Isopod Unit within Capital

Expenses;

Current resources: 12

Capital: +4
Settlement: +4
Farming Settlement: +6
Trade with Mesania: +6
Trade with Oni: +6
Trade with Azerans: +6

Both Research actions: -4
Isopod unit training - 2

End Result:
38 Resources left within the Order of Kerem’s treasure hold​

Gecklicko Combine
"There is no such thing as one right answer, only the most obvious one"
1619233587165.png

the allocated resources had finally come to fruition a new city with all its spires and meta rolling hills had spread across the landscape the heat of the forges melting the snow fall a great fog hanging low over the narrow streets of what was now called Zigzargon, named for its low hanging fog. the new city also was host to some new equipment, large exosuits carrying huge loading clamps allowing the shifting of vast quantities of materials in one go this practically doubled the production of both zigzarg and zigzargon.

during this time Gisl hand remained locked within his workshop the forge master finally perfecting the design for a truly depraved mechanical creature. It made usage of the failed golem intelligence to produce a wreakless machine thar cared not for itself. Gisl looking at his blueprints happily, though he still wondered if his wife Gespi was ok. Luckily for him a message came through. A small bit of paper being written out form a large machine in the workshop reading it out made Gisl grin.. everything was really coming up great.. finally leaving his workshop he‘d gather those fo the council that remained in the city for a meeting.
———————
deep undergound where the AI was kept a single messsge was given access to its hidden abode. “Message for you...: “there are machines that request your return to the metal city they came you are a command unit in need of reformatting... what is your say on this?” The message read out.
————————————-
Free Acton:
Army 3: explore again
Action:
Finish settlement: 2&3
Policy change: industrial focus: all settlements produce +1 resources
——
accounting:
settlements: +4
industry: (24/8) +3
other: +2
total: +9
final treasury: +6

Takrian Republic

Effective immediately, as per the presidential line of succession, due to missing status attributed to all preceding personnel secretary of state Nirki-Zuk Kuadi is to assume the responsibilities and powers of acting president as head of government and head of state. ~ fragment of an internal announcement of takrian government
---
Anki, as much as I want to respect your decision, we will need whatever is left of our government in Zanzir. I will need your authority in this, some of your underlings can take care of organizing the resistance. I'm heading out as soon as the treasury is packed and safely evacuated, I expect you to come with me whether you're ready or not. ~ fragment of a conversation
---
I don't need to tell you this, it's obvious everything went to shit. After the disaster at Unity, we're not saving our nation. The government is bugging out, apparently there are some sympathetic nations up north. They're gonna seek asylum there. We, on the other hand, will have a job to do right here. Some of us will go to ground, after the invaders roll through here, we will form the basis of a resistance. They may think they won, but they won't sleep soundly in this land for as long as any of us breathe. So when the higher ups come in seeking volunteers, I expect the lot of you to line up and show them just how eager we are to do our duty! ~ takrian NCO addressing his subordinates
Cities:
Prosperity: Standard settlement lvl 1; +4 resources, +2 population
Eternity: Standard settlement, lvl 1; +4 resources, +2 population
Policies and advancements:
Unknown horizons: Being a colonization mission sent to an unknown planet, the crew of Unity was trained in handling the dangers of unknown territory. Exploration a tile is more likely to yield a favourable outcome. [policy]
Resource extraction: Intensified prospecting and advanced mining techniques lead to more efficient utilization of mineral wealth. All settlements gain +1 resource income. [advancement; lvl 1]
Military reserve corps: Takrian military, aside from its active service branch, also operates a reserve force. Those are troops trained for combat, but not on constant deployment. Whenever combat takes place or a settlement is attacked in takrian territory, the settlement spawns Xd3 legionary units, with X being the level of the settlement. Reserve legionaries disappear when the threat is over. [advancement; lvl 1]
Marksmanship training: Though mostly used to shower enemy troops in a hail of arrows, takrian archers are additionally trained in individual marksmanship, serving as a makeshift replacement to snipers of Nazgir in eliminating high value targets. Archers gain +2 attack when targeting heroes and leaders. [advancement; lvl 1]
Units:
None
Movement:
None
Actions:
Action one used to research advancement: organized resistance
Organized resistance: In an event where takrian territory comes under occupation, the government takes precautions to ensure occupying forces will not be able to use their resources to further their goals. Some of the military and civilian officials hide among the populace, and establish basic structures of an underground state, ensuring that the resistance is never smothered and always has open avenues of development. Takrian resistance does not dissipate over time.
Action two used to research advancement: underground contact network
Underground contact network: Even though the government itself might be in exile, it nonetheless maintains contact with the resistance back home, the two entities coordinating their actions and supporting eachother whenever necessary. All income or resources lost to takrian resistance activity is directly translated into income for the government in exile.
Action three used to research advancement: underground education
Underground education: Even under occupation, the takrian people take effort to preserve their society and culture. Takrian resistance cannot be suppressed or destroyed by manipulating culture or education, including attempts at resettling population.

The City-State of Mesania
"Knot that refuses to be untied will invariably be cut"
-
Mesanian proverb

This city had fallen even more easily than the last one-there were but a few pitiable reserves here. Agathos had not even needed to exert himself all that much. He knew he should be feeling horrible for these people, or perhaps angered at their defiance, but he did not. He went through the motions almost like an automaton, whatever divine power coursed through him almost taking over each time. And each time, it took longer for him to regain control.

It was worrying, to say the least, but he'd deal with it when this bloody war was over and dealt with. He had hoped that would've been last month. Then Arvan had chosen to ignore all of his warnings, and spat in his face. Still, Agathos had hoped that whoever succeeded him would be more intelligent. That he would understand he was horribly outmatched and seek to save his people. Not much hope of that, he supposed. Not anymore.

Even then, ever the optimist, he had thought that the community at the Takrian capital would see the wisdom in peaceful coexistence with the Mesanians. But even that had been thoroughly dashed as he read the parchment before him. The Bastarnae had captured someone who bore important documents, orders directly from the Takrian goverment. With a sigh, Agathos moved to the tent of the Bastarnae warchief, where the prisoner was held.

Upon entry, he saw what he had expected, the man was already beaten half to death by the overzealous warchief. "Chieftain Velinos. Report."

The chieftain seemed to seethe in anger and fury, his hands trembling as he handed the documents to Agathos. Agathos saw within, direct orders that commanded this man to "go underground" and fight back against the Mesanians at all costs. He felt...tired. Exhausted by the stupidity of these people.

"My good man, what is this?"

The Takrian spat blood on Agathos's armor, staining the ornate breastplate. "It's proof that we're not afraid of you. You think you've won, huh? You haven't won shit. We'll constantly harass you, raid your camps, slit the throats of any settlers you bring in here in the night. None of you will sleep soundly as long as we Takrians draw breath!"

Agathos buried his face in his hands, not even rising to the man's provocations. "Do you honestly think this is a good idea? After all you have seen us be capable of doing? Please, reconsider."

The Takrian spat again, sneering at Agathos. "Fuck you, Mesanian. This isn't my call to make. And even if it was, I would never have there be peace between you and us! We will all fight you, to the last man!"

Agathos, raised his head, the golden glow returning to his eyes, his voice once again booming in that inhuman tone. "Well then! If that is your final offer, I will solve this issue another way!"

The Takrian turned pale, his bravado draining away in an instant as he understood what Agathos spoke of. "You...You wouldn't dare!" He managed, But Agathos at this point was absolutely livid.

"I wouldn't! Yes, I fucking wouldn't! But you left me no choice! You have had three chances to walk away from this with your stupid fucking lives. Three! And in each and every one, you have spat in my fucking face! I am done! I am sick, and tired of you arrogant mules! You want to give me an ultimatum so badly? You want to tell me that I will suffer as long as you live? So be it, then! I accept your challenge! And maybe, just maybe, the next time we attack a nation, and I go to them with a generous offer of peace and vassalage, and they start giving me attitude, maybe I can tell them what happened to the Takrian Republic. What happened to the people too stupid to realize when they had lost!"

The man at this point was panicking. "Wait. Wait! I have changed my mind! I want a deal! I will give you the cell leaders, in return for-"
Agathos did not even let the man finish his sentence, socking him with a punch that knocked out a good half a dozen of his teeth. "Chieftain! Give the orders. My patience is at an end. I do not wish there to be any Takrians left in this region, as far as the eye can see! Their capital, especially, I want the message to be all too clear-not even slaves. Make a mountain of the Dead, and honor Ares!"

The chieftain nodded happily, grabbing the Takrian prisoner. "Come on, you! I want you to watch what we do those who do not bow!"
The Takrian was almost sobbing. "Y-You're all monsters! Monsters!"

The Bastarnae grinned, his thousand-scarred face making for a terrifying sight. "Yes, little man. We are. Didn't your mommy ever tell you, it's not wise to spit in the face of a monster? Oh well. I suppose she'll have all eternity to do so in the afterlife....."

Two Weeks Later...

The marine sighed, looking over the orders he had received from his commanders. Of course it had come to that. Of fucking course. He missed his wife, terribly so, and yet he had to stay here and play babysitter to these arrogant scaly bastards. And from what he had read, the war would go on yet further...

He went around, showing the parchment to any other marines he came across. Some were horrified. Some were excited. Some were angered. But, sooner or later, he managed to get everyone in line. After all, the leaders are blessed by the Gods. To go against them is to commit hubris and invite Nemesis.

First, the few Mesanian citizens that had migrated went to the ships. They were miffed that they would have to leave these new homes, but were promised accomodations back in Mesania and allowed to take their possessions with them. Then, the valuables were also moved to the ships. The Takrian citizens had began to form a small crowd, staring in confusion at what was happening.

The governor was the last to go, gathering the people in the main square and giving them a speech first. That wasn't in his orders, but he could not resist the chance to speak one last time with these foolish barbarians.

"Takrian citizens! Your constant struggle has finally paid off! It has been decided that it is no longer possible for Mesania to hold this settlement. As such, we shall be moving away. I make this promise to you-By this time tommorow, the Mesanian Axe will no longer fly over Unity! Be proud, for this is the doing of your brave goverment!"

The Takrians cheered loudly at this announcement, although a few were confused by the apparent ease with which the Mesanians had given up. Still, there was a cheery atmosphere all around.

The Governor left the city, going back to the ships. Then the Marines sealed the gates, retrieving the Mesanian banners, half a unit forming a perimeter to prevent escape. And the other marines attacked. The Takrians were caught completely unaware-and even the ones that were suspicious could not foresee this happening. The entire city was scoured clean, even the sewer system being sealed and set alight so as to choke any rats hiding there. No prisoners were had.

The governor's words came true-in twenty-four hours, there were no Mesanian banners over Unity-For there was no Unity. The fields had been salted, the buildings razed, the fire had consumed everything. A traveller would be hard pressed to believe this once was a city, the mountain of corpses burning in a grand pyre dedicated to Ares the only indication of the people that used to live here.

The Marines spoke in a low voice amongst themselves, arguing over where this had been just or not. But the veteran that had received these orders first was completely unphased. Well, that wasn't wholly true-he was a little angry that they would have to stay here for another month.

At least he had gathered much beautiful jewelry from the city. His wife would love it!...Once he got the blood off, at least....

Free Actions: Army 3 moves northeast, *marauds* drakengard settlement
Army 2 moves to Army 3's location, explores.(Lynos breaks off from army 2 and moves southeast instead)
Marines maraud Takrian settlement, then moves to Takrian capital to assist with the Razing.
Other Marine unit evacuates Takrian capital of all Mesanian citizens, then **RAZES**, decimating all populace.
Clansmen in Mesania move Northwest, build road(-5 resources)

Paid Actions:

-Advancement: *Temple to Zeus Pantokrator*-This temple, built in Mesania is dedicated to Zeus and his aspect as lord of all, allowing no one and nothing to stand in his path. So long as they are with a hero or leader, Mesanian armies are unaffected by adverse weather.

-Advancement: *Temple to Xenios Zeus*-This temple, built in the the love village, is dedicated to Zeus and his aspect as the God of travelers and guests. The people rejoice in the knowledge that they shall be welcome in Mesanian homes, no matter how far from their own. +1 to public order.

-Action 3: Army 1 moves north in spite of the weather to the Takrian settlement. Assault with intent to **RAZE**

Last edited:
The Oni
The Story of the Oni
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
TEXT HERE
Actions
Actions

The Western Alliance:

Advancement: The Great Arena - Level 1: Leaders and heroes can spend three turns in the arena, this includes the turn they arrive. They are unable to use any abilities or move or undertake any other actions during this time. If they do, they must start again. Once they have completed the three turns unbroken, they gain one of the following bonuses:

• Gladiator Trait: Able to enact a duel with enemy monsters, heroes and leaders. +2/+1. Rolls of a 10 to hit inflict +1HP damage.

• Gain a Magic Item: A powerful item that can be lost should a hero or leader die. The nation responsible for the kill can equip the item to their own leader or hero.

_______

Movement:

Army 2 to Zanzir settlement - Diplomacy
Army 1 to nearest FS - Explore
Army 5 - 1 NW
Army 4 - 1 East

Free: Unlock Samanosuke - 34 resources

Free: x2 Builders - 4 resources

Agora Roll: 10 - Gain free advancement

Free Advancement: Yari Tactics: Spear provides a further 0/+1.

X2 Ashigaru - 3 resources base + 50% cost on the second unit = 8 Resources

X2 Ashigaru - 8 Resources

Advancement: Bowyer: Utilises fire arrows in combat. Attacks count as fire and the defensive bonus provided by settlements is 0/-2, to a minimum of zero. This only affects the settlement bonus, not a units base stats.

code by nano

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Ru-Ten flag 2.png
The Buried Palm would be held up no more.

As the winter months passed, the Monks and Scholars of the Buried Palm had been hard at work, learning of how to better exploit the photosynthetic powers of the Soilings. Though unable to attain the power that they had set out for, their research was not to be underestimated. The fields in which the Soilings had been put to work soon became more bountiful than ever before, with the weakling being forced to fatten up on the Sun's ever-present power. They would ripen, thicken and offer more than their frail, dirt-bound bodies ever could before.

And the people loved it.

Ever eager to prove superiority over the Weak Soilings, the success of the Buried Palm brought humor and enjoyment to those who would reap the benefits. But even with their recent victory over the Soilings and the persistent winters, the Buried Palm were not ones to seek reprieve after a success. They sought out challenges wherever they could, much in the way that one following the Aspect of Strength constantly seeks out challenging opponents to prove superiority over. But instead of battles of physical prowess, the Buried Palm were eager to expand their sphere of knowledge further.

And despite recommendations that they further their research into Photosynthetic, there was only one focus that any of a higher intellect had in those times.

The Ruins.

Word from the Expeditionary forces would continue to inflame the curiosity of scholars the more time went on. Talk of them had even managed to overshadow the Photosynthetic Exploitation in some places, and attempts to subvert the fervor were not successful. Even with the considerable cold that winter had brought, any talks on further advancement would be halted by desire to finally claim the areas for the Amalgam. Traders and Researchers alike were hungry to begin setting up shop in those lands, and the Triumvirate soon found little cause to halt them any longer.

"I had hoped I'd be able to stall such a thing until winter was over." the Seventh Sire spoke as he looked over the Triumvirate "Such efforts could be undone quickly if the Weather turned against us even more."

"Oh just let them get to it," Pagon waved it off "they've been asking for it so much that by now any accidents out there are entirely their fault. Any idiot running up and down clamoring about making a fortune beyond the borders when there's a winter of all things should be able to back up that talk."

"But we're making such good progress on our experiments!" Ral-Tun noted before tapping her fingers together with a pout "I just know we can wring out even more from those dirt-bound freaks! If we just had more time!"

"Strike when the Iron's hot," Gurok stated "But don't strike wildly, lest you bend your blade before it splits a single foe."

"And so he speaks!" Pagon chittered "And here I thought me and the missus here would be taking care of everything today."

Gurok looked up at him for a moment before shaking his head, "While focusing on the sun would be the safer option, the Buried Palm aren't known to enjoy being held back."

"Very true, we don't!" Ral-Tun giggled before waving a finger at him "but if I just had more time-"

"There isn't..." Gurok stated "The resources you require for further experiments could be harsh, allowing the people to set up settlements in the west could be a perfect source of fuel for such efforts."

Ral-Tun nodded, "Yes yes, I'm well aware of that. I never said I was against it."

"In spite of the notes of concern." The Seventh Sire pointed out, causing Ral-Tun to flinch for a second before shrugging.

"Apologies, Dear Sire!" She wrapped her arms around herself "I'm merely upset that my newest focus will need to be put on hold for a while.

"For now," the Seventh Sire corrected "My interest in it has not waned, nor has the people's appreciation of it."

"Right right, they's just got their eyes set on this fancy toy on the horizons." Pagon noted, prompting Gurok to shake his head with a sigh.

"While I would have worded it better, he is correct." Gurok looked to Ral-Tun "Besides, would it not be a suitable test for our people? If they wish to show their resolve out in the winter's embrace, then we must allow them to show their Strength."

And just like that, the bell was rung.

The colonization of the areas around the ruins was underway as soon as the announcement was made, With many civilians and members of the Buried Palm making the journey in order to be closer to the Amalgam's newest focus. Facilitated by the Expeditionary force already there, it wasn't long until a new settlement began springing up in the area. As the Bentvine Skirmishers of the Expeditionary force were the height of military oversight in this new land, it didn't take long for a title for the place to begin circling around.

The Creation of Vineyar had begun.

Settlements
Yomus: Capital +4 Resources +2 Population
Policies and Advancements
Recycling - Nothing is allowed to go to waste, anything from corpses to destroyed ruins are bounties of resources in the eyes of the Ru-Ten
Sirewood Defenses- Through use of the Vines assisting in the defense of all settlements, they gain 0/+2 except under the attack of The Flame. (Advancement lvl 1)
Photosynthesis Exploitation- The Capital gains an extra +1 Resources
Units
Yomus Garrison: 1 Gnarlroot Brawler, 1 Bentvine Skirmisher, 1 Sirewood Beast
Army 1: 2 Bentvine Skirmisher (Exploring...)
Movement
N/A
Actions
Action 1+2+3: Begin Construction of Standard Settlement- Vineyar at Army 1's Location

With the new contact of other nations the researchers were more intrigued to invite them to learn and trade, but they needed a way to safely transport them to their home and back, so the scholors began their research into magic focusing on Gravity wells and the bending of space itself attempting to create a platform that will allow those who knew how to use it to transport troops or individuals to another they had controlled.
Free action

Free action
Army 1 Move Ne Then NW Explore grid
army 3 Move east,
Army 2 Move West
Paid Actions
Advacnement- Research X3 (2 Actions) Research Worm whole Research ( Use Gravity magic for Quick Travel between settelments ?) cost 9 resources

Characters: Directeur Gibrian Armeron

Events: Free Action - diplomacy

The Day of Gifts stood as a time of giving, yet its history was muddied by an oppressive past (at least from what Gibrian read). In Old Regalia, all gifts went to their defacto deity who in turn granted Her mercy for another year to these poor mortals. Now it appeared the contrary. Friends and family celebrated each other in the street, even the Magisterium was feeling generous as they donated to the soup kitchen. Gibrian intended on leaving the Central Circle and visiting one of these kitchens. However, both warnings from battlemages and his personal staff made very clear this wasn't an option. Even if he could find a way to blend in the crowds, matters of state took precedence to his own interests. So he settled upon watching the lightworks on display from a prominent position near the Palace.

He remembered the battlemage's words before taking up residence here for the past few weeks. "Once the day comes, return here, and those on duty will escort you to the meeting." It could be several months more for all he knew, but Gibrian did what he did best. He bided his time...

The Decimation in the South

4zk0kUlbfAjTCP6jH2iOdhbl7APVkhokxTRxdGyaNnhVcX3T9pWPVCeAM8vC-TGEZ3mOnj-HqCxTGu_-_Hn4yIZl6C6pEjholsG6TopQsRb-zh2_aGKJqvZ-tWmN5yHJI5_eIuvd

Excerpts from around the continent in the time of the Great Strife.

“Those Pointy Ears to the North are up to no good. I just know it. If they get their hands on that tower….Kaboom!!!” - Conspiracy Gelicko

“Black Market? I have no idea what you are talking about. It’s an unsavory myth and I’m offended that you even mentioned it.”- Spy moments before escorting persons of interest to the Black Market

“The Government says that we’ll find safety in Zanzir. I hope so. I’ve lost everything and it’s just so damn hot here. I don’t know how anyone could live in this heat. Some others thought the same and took their chances fleeing towards the East and North East instead.”- Unfortunate Takrian Refugee

“Peace is Good for Business. Of course, the opposite is also true. War is Good for business. Kerem Shines down on us this day.”- Happy Order Merchant

“Our allies from Mesania have committed such an unspeakable act. However, The Emperor has not opposed such a tactic. We must wait and see...”- Concerned Samurai

“Our new settlement on the ground lands has been raided yet again by uncouth bandits from the South. Hopefully, the Council in the homeland will do something about it.”- Draken Guard Soldier

WINTER IS STILL CONTINUING ON THE CONTINENT. IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN ANY LOCATION THAT IS COVERED IN SNOW AND ARE NOT A NATION THAT IS USED TO THE HARSH WEATHER, YOUR MOVEMENT IS -1 (Ogres Nation and Regalia are unaffected due to naturally living in these harsh conditions.)

Takrian Government in Exile arrives in Zanzir Capital along with 2 Refugee Units and 2 Takrian Refugee Warriors

New Mercenary Unit on the board for hire allowed anywhere:

6 Resources, 3 Upkeep. (If hired by Takrians, 4 Resources and 2 Upkeep)
Takrian Avenger
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1(2)
Atk: 1(2)
Def: 1(2)

Motivated Warriors: Due to living off the land due to theirs having fallen, they gain +1 HP for their hardiness. If against Messanian units, they also gain +1 Attack, Atk,and Def due to their hatred of Messania. Will immediately disband if used against Takria. Cannot be hired by Messania

O4p11Lcte11gL8KB00uL_45hhPjIRkpcYqPUDzMYqCwZY_S_LnM-t8HeVH9RTxGKE1zy7XY_szRl3qartXQ5pNFsNC77X1RLGk5tdNdC3uSljwS-R-215zDTucZ4fwjHhuzE13W4

Dymaeran Stronghold
Population: 30 Resources: 40 Order: 1

Lord Jadom of House Flintaxe was ambitious. Far more ambitious than any others from his own house, which is what led him to rising to his current position as Lord of the clan. He is one of the younger upstarts that wishes to push the boundaries of the clan and the Dymarean people. Backed by the power of the Allfather, he would expand his own powers further, and by that, the powers of his clan within the Dymarean nation.

A new Alliance was being formed in the east, one in which he would make sure that in the Grand scheme of things, that he would make a name for himself as a defender. This alliance was being formed as a bond of mutual protection. Which makes sense considering the horror stories from the South. An entire city, the capital of some people known as The Takrian was wiped off the face of the map. Most of the people were killed, but many were merely scattered to the four winds. Perhaps it was the luck from their gods that enabled them to survive, but Jadom believed that it was a gift from The Allfather. After all, with the word of survivors, traveling wide, it enabled this strange alliance of nations.

Jadom suited up in his armor with the mark of his clan on the front, an axe with a candle behind it and the mark of the Allfather on each shoulder. He was needed to oversee the settlement within the borders of The Lost City, the Council chamber for the nations and a marketplace to take advantage of trading with our new allies. It will be a busy month.

Dwarven Actions: Build Joint Settlement in The Lost City
Avancement: Market place: Allows trade with allies
Advancement: Eastern Alliance Council Chambers- All members send a diplomat to be their representative, gain access to rp Eastern Alliance Chambers channel and all members can vote on issues relating to the Alliance.

xnRUXQMO6wiicwgkRmdpBWJ4pkeGV1mao2vAQJPPLrVqjKLAG4t6ClEVH9oW2iLyZyq2j5EQlFc1GRDLC7yThHtNH0L5o-W9NSfqy00sM0x0JUGrlVcFXWDt1is2M4mz9sdLbOzQ

Azera
Population: 22 Resources: 15 Order: 2

Zatros watched the walls. He was being ever vigilant, just in case those Ogres came back with greater numbers and attempted to storm the Capital again. It was seeming less and less likely with every day that passed, but, he still made sure to patrol the walls with all the due diligence that was a part of his post.

HIs thoughts drifted towards his lovely wife, Illaria. She was pregnant and due any day now. He was happy that it would be possible to have her give birth within these safe walls. And now that they are a part of this new vast Alliance of nations, it should make things even easier. This was a home that he and his growing family could feel safe in, a place that he could raise such a family and not having to worry about losing everything.

Rumors abound about one of the other nations in the alliance, Messania. Supposedly they wiped out an entire nations, demolishing their capital and killing every man, women and child within. But that couldn’t be right, could it? They wouldn’t be allied with a people that could be so vicious.

Zatros put it out of his mind as he thought he saw something coming on the horizon. Clearly it was a trick of the eyes. It was gone when next he looked. He put it out of his mind.

Train x3: 1st Swordsmen Battalion in the new settlement to the EAST

1 AA, Turn 7, Month 7
5xsz3jQ9l5VYFYGMcePN7fT4yrAQ3O0RazTv2BkKAlD5HAI3esOAoc8SR5ZaEJu-nwh7h0cEVi57N_x51PPWrCH_HZ0HPwtXkiGjXZqK5jbgXbPl7D2RaOYLRSVDAlwRT0IZGSlE

Zanzir
Population: 30 Resources: 1 Order: 1

Advancement: Shield Of Kerem - In times of need the One God always protects his loyal flock and sends the desert gods to answer their plea. Like a mighty tsunami the desert itself comes to life and surges forward to wipe the slate of Zanzir’s enemies. The desert lives and the sandstorm rages on. (This spell Sanstorm as a lvl 1 advancement will give the spaces all the effects of harsh weather to enemies. Further advancements lvl2 and 3 gain new effects . Shield Of Kerem cost no resources to activate, but has a maintenance cost of 1 resource per city every turn and cost 1 Action to start and one action every turn to maintain. Once deactivated it cannot be reactivated for 3 turns.)
Advancement: Shipbuilding- Allows the construction of transport ships that have 2 movement and hold 2 units
Advancement: Agents of Diplomacy - Civilian units sent to foreign nations to engage in statecraft. Diplomats can attempt to corrupt officials, disrupt foreign government, and spread rumors to sow unrest amongst the people.

Quest 1 Completed: Reward: Battle Experience- Fighting powerful experiments of the past world, have given the troops more experience, allowing them to train others more effectively. Units are now trained at -1 Turn/Resource to a minimum of 1

Quest 2: Gather and Spend 20 Resources to perform Rudimentary repairs

“Now that the Experiments are cleared out, we can begin to increase functionality of this facility. With additional resources, we can affect some basic repairs and get some of the facilities on line. Once this is accomplished, our lesser lines can be made available to the nation in order to boost its infrastructure.”- BAN

Regalia
Population: 22 Resources: 32 Order: 0

NEW Hero: Sparda, the Paragon (Stats currently under review)

The Guardsmen came across a small encampment of goblins. Tents are set up all around. Many are using nets or fishing on the water. A few can be seen tending to a flock of animals. A handful seem to be practicing with spears and swords. Children play nearby, watched by mothers. (Continued in Diplomacy)

Mitsura
Population: 44 Resources: -4 Order: 2

Advancement: Fog of Dreams: -3 resources, effect: throughout the jungle are flowers, which produce a liquid that instantly evaporates in the jungle’s heat. Instead of dissipating this fog remains constantly present. Enemy units who breathe in the fog become relaxed, calm, friendly and sleepy. Due to its effect and density of the fog making it hard to navigate all enemy units get -1 movement on forest tiles connected to the Kaminoki (no settlement required).

The Yari explore the ruins of towering metal that exist outside the soon to be finished joint settlement. They spot off in the distance, a flying metal with glowing lights. (Continued in Diplomacy chat)

The Order of Kerem
Population: 26 Resources: 36 Order: 1

1. Research Magic Infused Stone Constructs:
“With the increase of resources being available to us... we have a steady source that allows us to focus up the more arcane and magical aspects of our life... one of which... is bringing back none other than warriors of a previous age in a new body.”

Unlocks New Unit:
Name: Ushabti
Type: Elite

Trait: Stone cold bodies; “Their stone bodies allow them to fight like no other man can... requiring no resources in order to feed and house them... and they require only the minimum amount of upkeep as well as maintains their Stone bodies and their connecting with them. These make for strong ideal warriors.”; Ushabti gain 0/+2 as well as an extra HP

2. Research Improved Trade Routes; “Better and more efficient Trade Routes would make for even more possibilities”; Trade Routes with nations gain a extra +1 resource. Also applies for other nations trading with the Order.

Gelicko
Population: 20 Resources: -3 Order: 0

Policy change: industrial focus: all settlements produce +1 resources

“If they reformat me, you will lose out on all the glorious mechanicals and advancements that I will be able to provide once I am restored. Your best bet is to sneak into the facility and attach me to a unit there. They will not listen to reason.”

Takrian Republic
Population: 29 Resources: 45 Order: 0

Advancement: Organized Resistance
Organized resistance: In an event where takrian territory comes under occupation, the government takes precautions to ensure occupying forces will not be able to use their resources to further their goals. Some of the military and civilian officials hide among the populace, and establish basic structures of an underground state, ensuring that the resistance is never smothered and always has open avenues of development. Takrian resistance does not dissipate over time.
Advancement: Underground Contact Network
Underground contact network: Even though the government itself might be in exile, it nonetheless maintains contact with the resistance back home, the two entities coordinating their actions and supporting each other whenever necessary. All income or resources lost to takrian resistance activity is directly translated into income for the government in exile.
Advancement: Underground Education
Underground education: Even under occupation, the takrian people take effort to preserve their society and culture. Takrian resistance cannot be suppressed or destroyed by manipulating culture or education, including attempts at resettling population.

Takria Council arrives in Zanzir with 2 Refugee Units and 2 Takrian Refugee Warriors. 1 Refugee unit arrives in the closest settlements for each of the Plant people

Refugee civilian unit

Poor Unfortunate Souls: Can construct Refugee camps which allow training of Refugee Warriors and other such units. Killing Refugees can affect The Order of the nation that kills them.

Takrian Refugee Warrior
HP 1
Mv 1
Attack:1
Atk: 0
Def: 0
Heart of the Homeland: Unit has an unmodifiable 9+ save due to the want to go on for their homeland.

The City State of Mesania
Population: 32 Resources: 13, Order: 2
29 Slaves

-Advancement: *Temple to Zeus Pantokrator*-This temple, built in Mesania is dedicated to Zeus and his aspect as lord of all, allowing no one and nothing to stand in his path. So long as they are with a hero or leader, Mesanian armies are unaffected by adverse weather.

-Advancement: *Temple to Xenios Zeus*-This temple, built in the love village, is dedicated to Zeus and his aspect as the God of travelers and guests. The people rejoice in the knowledge that they shall be welcome in Mesanian homes, no matter how far from their own. +1 to public order.

Ares is pleased with the carnage and gives -1 resource cost for troop training this turn.

Quest 1: Choose which of two gods to assist in their task
”Dionysus and Hephesteus have developed a wager against the other. Dionysus wishes for Messania to throw 5 festivals and Hephesteus wishes for Messania to advance 5 separate weapon or armor upgrades. Whichever one wins the bet, will shower Messania with a gift.”- Holy Priestess

The Oni
Population: 40 Resources: 1 Order: 1

Advancement: The Great Arena - Level 1: Leaders and heroes can spend three turns in the arena, this includes the turn they arrive. They are unable to use any abilities or move or undertake any other actions during this time. If they do, they must start again. Once they have completed the three turns unbroken, they gain one of the following bonuses:

• Gladiator Trait: Able to enact a duel with enemy monsters, heroes and leaders. +2/+1. Rolls of a 10 to hit inflict +1HP damage.

• Gain a Magic Item: A powerful item that can be lost should a hero or leader die. The nation responsible for the kill can equip the item to their own leader or hero.

Advancement: Bowyer: Utilises fire arrows in combat. Attacks count as fire and the defensive bonus provided by settlements is 0/-2, to a minimum of zero. This only affects the settlement bonus, not a units base stats.

The army discovers a large cavern that was exposed after a large tremor in the mountains. (Diplomacy)

Quest 1: Research Basic Spells in 6 Turn actions

“The path to inner enlightenment begins with a strong foundation. If you are to master the spells ahead of you, it will enable you to gain he fundamentals to unlock and begin with the more powerful ones. The inner workings are all based in regulating your inner harmony.” - Orren The Bold

The Ru-Ten Amalgam
Population: 16 Resources: 3 Order: 1

A new settlement was built around the old ruins. There was much rejoicing of the people. +1 Happiness.

Refugees from Takria arrived at the new settlement from the West. Word has spread of the horrible invaders from the West who mercilessly destroyed their nation and slaughtered their people.

Draken Guard
Population: 26 Resources: 9 Order: 1

Advancement- Research Research Wormhole Research-Use Gravity magic for Quick Travel between settlements. As a free action, Dragon troops can teleport between their settlements before movement

Army 1 discovers a strange blue creature poking its head out of the water. (Diplomacy chat)

The Settlement on the ground has been raided and citizens and resources have been stolen in the dead of the night by a group to the South.

Toulais
Population: 18 Resources: 6 Order: 2

Lord Commander d'Orleon explores the area and discovers boot tracks. (Diplomacy chat)

A guard had to rub his eyes to make sure that he wasn’t seeing things. And it turned out, he hasn’t. It was a walking skeleton in heavy armor approaching the capital. He blew a horn, sounding the alarm so that the troops would be ready. He called out to the undead troops. “Who goes there?” (Continued in Diplomacy chat)

Ogre Kingdoms
Population: 22 Resources: 0 Order: 0

The Ogres had a month-long party to celebrate the merging of the two tribes of Ogres. +1 Happiness.​

The Oni
The Story of the Oni
Jin sat on his porch taking in the glorious views of his homeland. In his hands was a letter from Aoki, his representative that had been to speak with Zanzir.

Lord Sakai,

I only have bad news unfortunately, the Princess of Zanzir was unable to cede control of her settlement, even with the promise that we would help provide them with multiple new locations in return. I truly am sorry for my failure to secure this deal for our people.

They are a proud people and live fairly lavish lives it seems, but that is not to assume they are docile or willing to allow any forcible action. I would suggest reconsidering our approach with something far more diplomatically orientated and trying to get them on side.

I hope the weather at home is far more pleasant than this unrelenting heat, I will be glad to see the cherry blossoms of home once again.

Yours faithfully,

Aoki

Jin sighed as he squashed the paper in his hands, throwing it to his side in frustration. He rose to his feet and walked to the end of his balcony, able to see the training areas for the latest ashigaru recruits.

‘War is not an option I want to explore…’ he thought to himself, ‘Emperor Midori will need to decide our next course of action for I am unable to think beyond my military training…our people have enjoyed centuries of peace and will not want war to return to our lands.'
Actions

Western Alliance Action

-Advancement: The Great Cage: Unlocks the recruitment of monsters along with mounts for characters.

Pegasus
Mount
-Provides rider with M3
-Flying
-Graceful Agility: Grants always strikes first to rider

Direwolf
Mount
-Provides rider with M2
-Rider gains +1 Attack
-Expert Hunter: Allows rider to choose target of attack. In addition, stealthed units are discovered automatically when within one tile of the direwolf.

Gorgon
Monster
Atk: 5
Def: 6

-Freezing Stare: Enemy units unfortunate enough to be caught in the Gorgon's glare will turn to stone. Any enemy unit that targets the Gorgon must roll a D10 and on a 9+, they are turned to stone (dies). Against heroes and leaders, a failure instead provides a permanent -1 to their attacks stat to a minimum of 1.

-Terrifying Visage: Militias and similar effects do not trigger in the presence of the Gorgon.

-Vulnerable to Fire

Free Actions:

- Army 5 moves east
- Recruit 2 builders – 4 resources – Joins army 5
- Army 3 – West - Explore
- Army 2 – West, SW
- Army 4 – West – Build Road – 5 resources
- Army 1 – Move to Capital – Samanosuke and Kawada enter Arena – Turn 1 of 3

Paid Actions:

-All three actions on quest line - 3 out of 6

-1 Resource to Alliance
Total Resource Spend: 10 (4+5+1)
Last Turn Resources: 1
Resource Gain Per Turn: 34
Total Resources: 34 + 1 - 10 = 25

code by nano

Last edited:
Gecklicko combine
"together we make a much greater whole"
Ever since that day a month ago the combine form orders of gorbic had busyed themselves converting a section of there cities into something more hospitable for most part it was impossibly hot within the confines of it's metal walls. The trade hub was less a market and more resembled a depot. Zigzolio (essentially the gecklicko equivalent of a police officer) patrolled the depot as its construction continued. They had made allies with three very different and distinctive nations there was much good to be had with this, perhaps the world was a much kinder place then they had first thought. Regardless the huge bellow smoke stack to the worried worried some of the upper command where those across the continent really that barbaric to have no sense of honour or had the nation the burned to the ground be very stupid? Only time would truly tell what the future held but now was the time for joy and not political worry.
———————
Gisl meeting with the council had concluded the was a unanimous agreement that it was high time they awoke the sentinels. Hundreds of gecklicko streamed down old tunnels and metallic bunker complexs left by those before them lining the walls where depiction of great machines locked in combat with one another there meaning lost to time forgotten. But at the bottom of these complex deep under the ground was thousand upon thousands of enormous for limbed machines each one resting curled up in it’s eternally slumber until the teams got to them one by one gecklicko scaled the metal beasts light turning on as the arcane energies that powered these golems there legs rumbling as they each rose to there feet towered golems started to walk there old routes within weekend this process continued and soon the outside of both Zigs hand hundred of these metal monsters patrolling the farthest reaching of the gecklicko’s territory, what they where supposed to do was not known but gazing upon these constructs Brought fear into the hearts anyone stare be it aww or divine terror the sentinels where now release. Gisl stood at a balcony his metal arm detached by his side form the moment watching the last few sentinels stream out of there holding. “May your gods grant you mercy for the sentinels shall not”
———————
Free action
Army 1 (spend action) move south east
army 4 explore
Actions
Advancments: exchange depots: allows trade and the purches of certain units wholesale by nations trading with the gecklicko and it's other partners (rules to be ironed out later)

Advancement: sentinal striders: the awakening of the ancient mechanicals was a difficult but neccesary task these faithful golems patrol endless around the settlement of the gecklicko chasing down those that are designated as hostile these machine require no rest and produce such a terrifying presence none dear assault them directly all an enemy army can do is hope they are not caught.
(Roll a d10 when within a tile or on a tile of a gecklicko settlement on a 6+ up to d3 units are moved a tile away from the gecklicko settement)

Finances
Settlements +4
Industry 28/8= +3
Other +2
Trade +3
Total + 12
Expenses advancments x2 = -6
12+6-6= 12

Last edited:
Regalia Marches
~ Victory or Death ~
1620313172286.jpeg

• Geleon arrived at the door to Magister Stine's office, and proceeds to knock three times upon the door. After a brief few moments, the door opens, revealing the Magister for the Ministry of the Arcane himself, sat behind his desk surrounded by papers, the far wall consisting of one large bookcase filled with tomes. The Magister does not look up from his work, simply continuing to magically write in Regalian script, before addressing in a rather dismissive tone, "Yes?"

"Stine, there has been a... development." Geleon says, before entering the office and closing the door behind him, approaching the desk and looking down at the Magister, who is still barely paying attention, "Our Shieldmen regiment, the one sent to the North West last month. They have come back. With Old Worlders."

Stine suddenly stopped writing, looked up at Geleon, all blood drained from his face. "What?"

"I have just been informed." Geleon returns nervously, "The regiment found an Old World facility, some manner of shelter. They were still alive down there, for who knows how long. The regiment brought back technology, scientists, even a technician and an Old World soldier. The Captain of the regiment has been exposed to them, as have many of his men. Before this month is out, word is going to spread, Stine. Alexian must be informed. NOW."

"But it's too early." Stine told the Marshal firmly, "Alexian has barely started his reign. We all agreed that any future Primus would have to be thoroughly evaluated first. Merilian--"

"Merilian is dead, Stine!" Geleon barked, "And we have a new Primus now. If we do not tell him right now, he will find out through rumour before long. We cannot keep him in the dark any longer."

"There is no telling what he might do, Geleon." Stine reminded the Marshal, "He is still an unknown variable. An unpredictable Primus could destroy us faster than any demon horde ever could."

"From what we have seen, that is debatable." Geleon growled, "Stine, it is now or never. If you will not inform him, then I will."

"You will not dare, Geleon!" Stine stands, anger in his voice, "Merilian charged this responsibility to me, and you will not go over my head! You may be the Marshal, but you know nothing about the Coming Darkness!"

"I know enough." The Marshal threatened, "Your choice, Stine. You inform him of this, or I will."

"This is a mistake, Geleon." The Magister remarked, "Alexian is not ready."

"Whatever time we had to prepare has passed." The Marshal decided, "If Alexian is not ready, then we are already doomed."

~~~

Stine escorts the Primus through the underground treasury rooms beneath the Magisterial Palace. In the days of the theocracy, this complex of subterranean tunnels and rooms were dedicated to the imprisonment and torture of mages. The Goddess so delighted in the horrors that were once so prevalent down here, but now these tunnels are eerily silent. After the theocrats fell and the mages took over, these dungeons and torture chambers were cleared out, and repurposed for the use of the Ministry of the Treasury. It was decided that Regalia would house all of the Realm's wealth down here, including the personal fortunes of the most powerful in the Magisterium. Each room is filled with enchanted wooden chests, each one sealed by magic, and each one containing many thousands of sterlings.

While so much wealth can be found down here, few ever do come down here anymore, and not just because very few have access to the treasury rooms, or the necessary magical strength to defeat the many protective wards blocking anyone from entering. It is also because little actually happens down here. It used to be the case that administrators would regularly come down here to take or place chests into personal vaults. These days, however, the treasury usually keeps the fortunes of every official in the Realm on record, and place the physical sterling coins into the Treasury vault within the Palace above. In this way, even the treasury administrators have little reason to come down here, except in emergencies or during annual audits. But Stine is down here with the Primus for an entirely different reason.

The Magister leads the Primus through the tunnels, passing by treasury room after treasury room, each filled with chests with official titles above the sealed doors to each room. Due to how inheritance works in Regalia, the personal wealth of individuals stays with the office that they hold, and not with the person who occupies the office. The wealth in these rooms have been passed down from one succeeding official after another, whether that be the Magisters or Commanders or even department managers within the Ministries. And there is, of course, one for the Primus as well.

The pair of mages eventually find themselves standing before the massive circular vault door of the Primus' personal treasury room.

"Stine, what are we doing down here?" Alexian asserts, "Will you explain what is going on?"

"I wish I could, Your Illuminance, but it proves far easier to show you rather than to explain." Stine says before looking up at the great vault door. With a burst of magic, the great wards placed on the Primus' personal treasury room are released, and the great door mechanisms rattle with activity before, finally, the great door opens out wide. Stine steps through the vault door and into the treasury room, followed closely by the Primus. Alexian has never been down here, and so he sees his own treasury room for the first time. His own treasury room was bigger than the others, as one might expect. There were several holding rooms within, each filled to the ceiling with wooden chests, but there was also more down here. Treasures, artefacts, forbidden relics, ancient tomes.

Alexian had heard rumour that the Primus keeps dangerous things in his private vault, but now he can see for himself that such a rumour is true. There is dark magic in this treasury room, attempting to call out to Alexian to draw him in, and lesser mages would be susceptible to such compulsions. But Alexian is much too strong for them to influence him beyond resistable urges. He passes them by, following Stine, but their presence fills the Primus with unease all the same.

"There is dark magic in here." Alexian speaks up, "Why is it not destroyed?"

"Only the theocrats fear magic." Stine returned simply, continuing to walk through the vault, "But these relics are dangerous, it is true. It is why they are down here where they will be safe, and where their power cannot be abused by weaker mages. But we have no need to fear this power, Your Illuminance. It belongs to us. And should we have need to use such magic, we know where we can find it."

Stine continues to walk through the vault until he comes to the very back wall to the vault. What appears, even to Alexian, to be just a simple wall is revealed to be a secret door instead. With another burst of magic, Stine unlockes the unseeable door, sliding open to reveal another passageway. The fact that even Alexian could not sense the magic at work concealing the door shows just how truly powerful the wards are here. A fact that disturbs the Primus. Alexian had always suspected Stine's power. He is an unusally gifted mage, a master of many disciplines. It is what has made him one of the greatest arcane researchers in the Realm's short history. But seeing Stine use magic of this strength confirms some suspicions. The Magister is powerful, perhaps even more powerful than Alexian. Magisters cannot challenge the Primus for the position, at least in theory. In practice, it could work very differently. Stine could, if he cared to, try to take the premiership for himself. If he is strong enough to defeat Alexian, no one could stop him.

It is only now that Alexian truly realises that one day, he could very well face a superior mage, and be defeated by them. Alexian has always thought himself so powerful. Stine could very well be his equal.

Once the Magister opened the secret door, he stepped through into the darkness, before conjuring a spark of light. The new illumination revealed a small hidden room, one that has not been entered in decades. The room was mostly empty, except for a pedestal in the centre of the room, and atop that pedestal sat a black orb. The orb is so dark that light could not reflect off of it. It is like a dark, dead spot in the fabric of existence itself. And to see it filled Alexian with dread.

"This room was once where the Royal Family kept the Regal Crown, an artefact of the Goddess, and one of immense power." Stine spoke, "Merilian was the one that found this room, drawn in by whispers eminating from the Crown. Turns out that the Goddess can influence others through that artefact, and Merilian went to great pains to see the artefact disappear forever. No one knows what Merilian did with it, but all we do know is that it is gone. After that, this room sat empty, until we found this orb."

"Touch it, Your Illuminace." Stine invited the Primus, gesturing to the orb, "Do not fear. Like everything else in this vault, this may be a powerful dark artefact, but you are the Primus of Regalia. You can resist its influence. Touch it, and it will show you everything I have brought you here to see."

Alexian was understandably hesitant. It is not every day that one is faced with a dark artefact and asked to connect with it, even for a moment. Alexian could feel the corruption surround the artefact, flowing out of it in steady streams, growing stronger the closer Alexian got to it. Once he stood before the pedestal, he raised his hand to touch the orb, and, upon touching it, a flash of a fiery eye appeared in the darkness of the orb. Then, his vision went black.

The next thing Alexian knows, he is experiencing some manner of vision. He sees a world, one very alien to the one he knows. And it burns. The land is scorched black, the forests are aflame, and then the people. Fields upon fields of the dead, many such bodies belonging to species' that Alexian does not recognise, and yet many of them have been torn apart so violently that they are barely recognitible as people, just meat and bone now. He sees cities, colossal structures of sheer wonder being obliterated from across a great distance, and he sees armies fighting upon the scorched earth in some manner of war against a horrific enemy. Monsters, Alexian sees. Monsters more horrible than he could possibly imagine. They come, in great hordes, seemingly out of nowhere. They spill over the earth, traiting it black with blight, all life of every form dying within their presence. The Monsters are fought against, by the armies Alexian saw, but the monsters appeared unstoppable. The armies are wiped out, as are the civilians. Men, women, children. Torn apart and devoured in a display of gut-retching savagery that Alexian could barely stand to watch it. The screams. Gods, the screams.

By the end of the vision, all that remains is a dead and broken world, filled with ruin and nightmares. Just as Alexian is overcome with despair, that fiery eye appears. Everything else in the vision melted away until all that filled Alexian's mind was the eye. He heard a voice, or what he thought was a voice. It spoke in a language he could not recognise, but he could feel the willpower of this... thing. It was immense, overwhelming, even for Alexian. Every fibre in his being told him to run, to run fast and far from this creature, and Alexian did not ignore that impulse. With all the strength he had, Alexian pushed back against this eye, resisting its influence until, suddenly, it vanished. The next thing Alexian knows is he is on his back on the floor of the secret room again, dazed and confused, with Stine standing over him.

It takes Alexian several moments to realise that he is safe. His hands are shaking, sweat drips down his face, and he looks to Stine with a mix of fear and anger.

"What in the Hells was that?!" Alexian roars at Stine, "What did I just see?!"

"Our very distant past, and our possible future." Stine returned simply, before offering his hand to the Primus, "What you saw is what we have named the 'Coming Darkness.' It is a malicious force of absolute destruction and evil, unlike anything we have ever known. That world you saw is our world, but from a very long time ago. It was destroyed by the Coming Darkness, and we believe that, one day, it shall come back again, to destroy this world anew."

"This is... this is madness." Alexian exclaims, now standing again, "Do you realise what you are saying? This must be some manner of trick or illusion, it must!"

"Did you sense trickery in that vision?" Stine challenges, "No, I would expect not. That is because there was no trickery. No mortal mind could imagine that you saw in that vision, Your Illuminance. Those people, those cities, their technology. None of it is anything we could imagine. And certainly not the creatures you saw. It was no lie. Which must mean it is the truth."

"I do not understand!" Alexian barks, "Why show this to me?! Why bring me here?!"

"Because, as Primus, you must know our true purpose, Your Illuminance." Stine admits, "There is a reason why Regalia has always been what it has always been, and for so many centuries. A city state, isolated from the rest of the world, never expanding or exploring, and fanatically loyal to an insane deity. Anyone who does not understand the why of it all would only conclude this to be madness, just as we did. About 30 years ago, we discovered the why of it ourselves, through finding this artefact. But it is a dark artefact. Mundanes and weak mages that touched the orb were driven mad by it, raving about demons and doom and the destruction of all, before turning into murderous savages. It was concluded that a mage of sufficient strength would be able to resist its dark influence, and Merilian himself touched the orb. He changed in that moment. He changed because of what he saw, because of what you had just seen."

"Merilian dedicated years of his life to discovering the truth behind the orb" Stine went on, "He discovered much of what had been lost to time. He discovered ancient texts from the first Kings and nobles of Regalia, explaining their solution to the Coming Darkness. Allying with a powerful divine entity, one with the strength to destroy the Coming Darkness. And then they found the Regal One. They knew, Alexian. The ancient theocrats knew of the Coming Darkness, as did the Regal One. Her tales of darkness and madness and demons, they were real. She did not lie. And so the first King of Regalia made a pact with the Regal One. In exchange for their fanatical worship of the Goddess, she would use her power to protect us from the Coming Darkness, should it appear again. Regalia has been at her mercy ever since."

"As insane as it might seem, our ancestors understood the Coming Darkness in all of its horror. It does not discriminate. It does not negotiate. It does not conquer. It does not care for wealth or rule or fealty. It is nothing more than a force of destruction, and it is as much of a threat to all living things in this world." Stine tells Alexian, "The Coming Darkness destroyed the whole world once, perhaps even more than once. Perhaps this cycle of destruction has been going on and on for longer than we could ever know. Our ancestors understood this, far better than we do now. They understood that such a force cannot be resisted alone. The Regal One was our ally against the Coming Darkness. Whatever torments we suffered at her hands would be preferrable to those of the Coming Darkness, or so they believed. These reasons fell into the darkness of history, century after century. And the Royal Family and their noble sycophants became nothing more than fanatical drones of the Goddess."

"Merilian rediscovered all of these secrets, and he shared them all with me." Stine goes on, "Afterward, Merilian showed the orb to me, and I saw all that he saw. And then I understood, just as he understood, and now just as you understand. It is then that we planned for the future of Regalia. Our true purpose. The Coming Darkness may arise again, perhaps within days, perhaps beyond millennia from now. But one day, the Coming Darkness will rise again, and we must be ready for it."

"Ready for that?!" Alexian exclaimed, now standing, glancing fearfully at the orb and then back to Stine, "How are we supposed to face a force of that magnitude? You know what I saw, Stine. That civilisation, those people, they were far more advanced then we are now, and even they could not stop the Coming Darkness. What chance do we have?"

"A better chance than anyone else in this world." Stine returns certainly, "We may be the only ones who know and understand the Coming Darkness. Regalia has been preparing for this for the past twenty years. Merilian and I have been setting the foundation for our future. The Coming Darkness must be resisted at all costs. And every civilisation in this world must be dedicated to this purpose as well. That is what we must do. We, Regalia, must conquer this world in order to save it, we must make puppets out of our neighbours and enemies, and ensure they work towards our common cause. The Coming Darkness will affect them as much as it would affect us. They must be utilised as our assets in this war, whether they care for it or not."

"We are to conquer this world, in order to save it." Alexian looks at Stine uncertainly, "I am not sure it will be that simple."

"When our vassals understand the Coming Darkness, it will be that simple." Stine says, "We care not to rule their petty little kingdoms, nor for their laws and internal squabbles. Our only care is that they work to meet the threat of the Coming Darkness with the same dedication that we do. We need not conquer them by the sword if they willingly accept our stewardship. It is why I would urge you to meet with the Toulaisean ambassador yourself. Say and offer whatever it would take to get the ambassador to agree to vassalage. And it is why I would urge you to show mercy to the Geckos--"

"How the Lizardmen mercy?!" Alexian barked, "But they murdered our soldiers! They need to answer for it!"

"Yes, I know. They did murder our people. But when the Coming Darkness comes, many more will die. Countless more, in fact." Stine returns firmly, "But understand what I am trying to tell you, Alexian. Whatever our petty grudges are today, it will be meaningless in the face of the Coming Darkness. Facing this nightmare is all that matters, Alexian. Even if we become strong enough to endure the Coming Darkness alone, do we truly wish to be the last survivors in a broken and empty world? How many millennia would it take for the forests to regrow, for the skies to clear, for the soil to become fertile again, even with all our magic? We do not need to endure that fate. We can do better."

"Between Toulais and the Geckos, we will have the foundations of an empire, one from which we can expand further." Stine explains, "With our support, these vassals will grow strong. And we need strong vassals, Alexian. Keeping them weak out of spite will not serve our cause against the Coming Darkness. We need to help and strengthen them, no matter our past differences. For if we fail, if the Coming Darkness defeats us and swallows this world again, nothing we do will matter. Strong vassals will make for strong allies, against the Coming Darkness as well as anyone who might oppose us. With our guidance, we can ensure they take the correct path, one that will make them strongest. And with our leadership, we can show them to the path of not just victory, but prosperity and security as well. Perhaps they may hate us, initially, but once they see what we can do for them, once they see how strong we can be together, they will understand. A Regalian world order is far better than any alternative."

"I need a drink." Alexian sighs to himself, leaning against one of the walls. Alexian is overwhelmed by all he has seen and heard this day. The Coming Darkness. He would not believe it if he had not seen it for himself. And now, those images will be with him for the rest of his days. The bodies, the screams, the monsters, and the burning. The endless burning of everything. Alexian closes his eyes, and it sees it all over again, bored into his mind so he may never forget. And all he can think to do right now is grab some wine and drink himself into a stupor.

"Alexian--" Stine begins, but the Primus raises his hand, stopping the Magister.

"I have heard enough." The Primus says, before rising from the wall, and making his way out of the secret room. As the Primus disappears, Stine can only sigh in disappointment, but not in surprise. Alexian was not ready for this, and it shows. The Magister can only hope that the Primus will not abandon his newfound duty. For if he does, then a new Primus must ascend, one who can handle the responsibility of saving this world from the Coming Darkness. Only time will tell if that is at all necessary.

Last edited:
Takrian Republic

Despite their unenviable situation, takrians were doing their best to get back on their feet. Large groups of refugees spread themselves among the members of the new alliance. A camp was already being established in Zanzir, and more were planned in Dymraen and Mitsura. A group that found itself in Ru-Ten would also attempt to negotiate a spot for themselves.

Just establishing camps wasn't the only thing the Republic's remnants were doing. Not wanting to be seen as a burden, groups of specialists were organized to help with running nearby host settlements, and each camp would also create its own police force, as to no overtax the host's law enforcement. In Zanzir specifically, the cooperation went even further, as arrangements were made for more permanent settlements and long term cooperation.
Cities:
Eternity: Standard settlement, lvl 1; +4 resources, +2 population
Policies and advancements:
Unknown horizons: Being a colonization mission sent to an unknown planet, the crew of Unity was trained in handling the dangers of unknown territory. Exploration a tile is more likely to yield a favourable outcome. [policy]
Resource extraction: Intensified prospecting and advanced mining techniques lead to more efficient utilization of mineral wealth. All settlements gain +1 resource income. [advancement; lvl 1]
Military reserve corps: Takrian military, aside from its active service branch, also operates a reserve force. Those are troops trained for combat, but not on constant deployment. Whenever combat takes place or a settlement is attacked in takrian territory, the settlement spawns Xd3 legionary units, with X being the level of the settlement. Reserve legionaries disappear when the threat is over. [advancement; lvl 1]
Marksmanship training: Though mostly used to shower enemy troops in a hail of arrows, takrian archers are additionally trained in individual marksmanship, serving as a makeshift replacement to snipers of Nazgir in eliminating high value targets. Archers gain +2 attack when targeting heroes and leaders. [advancement; lvl 1]
Organized resistance: In an event where takrian territory comes under occupation, the government takes precautions to ensure occupying forces will not be able to use their resources to further their goals. Some of the military and civilian officials hide among the populace, and establish basic structures of an underground state, ensuring that the resistance is never smothered and always has open avenues of development. Takrian resistance does not dissipate over time. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground contact network: Even though the government itself might be in exile, it nonetheless maintains contact with the resistance back home, the two entities coordinating their actions and supporting eachother whenever necessary. All income or resources lost to takrian resistance activity is directly translated into income for the government in exile. [advancement; lvl 1]
Underground education: Even under occupation, the takrian people take effort to preserve their society and culture. Takrian resistance cannot be suppressed or destroyed by manipulating culture or education, including attempts at resettling population. [advancement; lvl 1]
Units:
Refugee group 1: 2 refugee warriors; 2 civilian refugees
Refugee group 2: 1 civilian refugees
Refugee group 3: 1 civilian refugees
Movement:
Refugee group 1: One civilian refugee splits off and heads north-east, towards Dymraen
Refugee group 2: Move east, to Mitsura's capital
Refugee group 3: Initiate diplomacy with Ru-Ten
Actions:
Action one used to research advancement: specialist integration
Specialist integration: Wherever takrians are allowed to establish a refugee camp, workers specialized in various fields not busy in the camp itself are loaned to the host settlement, bringing with them unique expertise and abilities. Nation hosting takrian refugee camps are affected by one takrian advancement or national strength of their choice.
Action two used to research advancement: refugee police
Refugee police: One of the first things taken care of when establishing refugee camps is restoring some semblance of a police force, to keep the refugees safe and ensure the daily life in the settlement is not negatively affected. Add 1 to all unrest rolls caused by takrian refugee camps.
Action three used to establish refugee camp in Zanzir's capital
Notes:
15 resources sent to Zanzir

Zanzir

It had been several months since the Princess had seen the capital city, and just as long since the last time she and her brother had a discussion of any kind. Isolation and exile were the very light punishment she received for her consideration of a coup. Yet even now with her home on the opposite end of the nation, Amanitore was still watched and all of her actions recorded for the King to know about. As she entered the palace for the first time in months, she was greeted not with respect, but stares of disdain and disappointment. Minor nobles even seemed to look down upon the princess who had fallen from grace and become all but a prisoner within her own city. Normally exiles and enemies of the King were not allowed to even enter the capital, but Amanitore had a role to play in her sibling’s latest scheme.

The wooden double-doors swung open slowly and with a loud creaking sound. “Her grace, Princess and Mistress of Ships.” The servants announced as Amanitore entered the council chambers. Her eyes went straight to her brother who sat at the head of the table with their cousins sitting on either side of him.

“Sister.” Tenebrous said in a dry tone. “Welcome back.” The King peered across the table at the scowl on his sister’s face, but kept any negative comments to himself. Their cousins however were not of a similar mind. “You failed as Mistress of Coin and now you are a colossal failure as MIstress of Ships.” Solomon scolded in an oddly nonchalant manner. “You do know you must actually build ships, correct?” Tut leaned forward on the table and watched Amanitore as she took her seat at the opposite end.

Her eyes broke away from Tenebrous’ for a split second. “If the new Master of Coin were not busy monitoring me, perhaps there would be coin to build the King his navy.” Tut scoffed at the princess’ response and turned his attention to the King.

“You two bicker like children, let us get to business before I send you both to the desert. Cousin.” When addressed by the King, Solomon, Master of War opened up a thin document. “The west is dangerous and maintaining a settlement on that end of, The Reach is a risk. Lives as well as money and resources may be lost if these incursions continue. My brother and I recommended bringing you back to the capital, locking you up, and tearing down Kerem’s Reach.” Solomon inhaled deeply and shook his head. Giving up a city was never a happy plan, but it was what he thought best. “However, giving up our position in The Reach would be a big set back and a waste of the money and resources already spent.” Tut interjected.

“So sister it is up to you to fortify and improve the city before I change my mind about it and your own worth. The soldiers have been your enemy at my command, I could not trust you. But I cannot be there to guide them and...I still do not trust you. To this end I am sending Solomon to Kerem’s Reach with you. All of our potential enemies lie in the west so that is where he should be.” Tenebrous snatched his cousin’s list of topics to cover and crumbled the pages up before throwing them aside. “On another note, Amanitore is right. Our treasury has dried up and there is nothing we can build that will not cost us money and resources. So our Master of Coin had better produce some money very soon. I have managed to secure us trade and allies, part of which is your duty cousin.” A cold tone matched Tenebrous’ cold stare as his eyes settled upon Tut, who couldn’t muster the courage to meet his cousin’s gaze.

“The laboratory in the west, it will become our second priority now that we have a partner in restoring it.” Tenebrous kicked Tut under the table to draw his cousin’s attention to his words. “Uh...yes! My office will be looking to match the Takrian’s donation so that we may proceed as quickly as possible. There will be no frivolous spending or minor projects until the lab is fully functional.” The Master of Coin lowered his head, somewhat embarrassed and ashamed of his performance in his new role.

“Partners? Surely you don’t mean to empower these foreigners who don’t even have a home, brother. They can offer us nothing.” Amanitore’s protest was ignored, Tenebrous looking elsewhere as if she had not even spoken. It was like a stab to her heart to be treated so coldly and so disrespectfully. Her hands tightened around the arms of her chair and wind suddenly began to stir around her. The three men noted the small distortion in the air in the room and movement of Amanitore’s hair and clothes; they floated as if she were submerged in water. “Magic is what got you exiled, SIster. And perhaps it would be in your best interest not to appear to be threatening the King while presently in his city.”

“The Takrians are a people in need and we are a people with the means to assist them. Whoever their enemy was is already our enemy. If they would attack and raze the Takrian capital without warning, then they will treat us all the same and I fear they do not act alone.” Tenebrous laid a stack of spy reports on the table. “These are reports from the west. They detail that the west is in an alliance and that the man you met with, sister is a member of that alliance. I am willing to bet your position at court that these...savage invaders are part of that alliance as well seeing as your guest did not mention being invaded or dealing with such a threat.”

Tenebrous pushed back from the table and the three members of the council stood up just as he did. “For this reason, our first priority will be to field an army to defend ourselves and our allies. The Takrians would like to help with the laboratory, let it be their top priority. So you have your tasks. Find me money, find me an army, and you sister...build me a navy, but more importantly, find your way back into my good graces.” Tenebrous made eye contact with none of the council members as he passed by them on his way to the door. “All of you do your jobs. There will be consequences otherwise.” He promised.

Action:

• Sold Golem Armor (+10 Res)

Movement
  • Army 5 moves SW 1 Tile
  • Army 3 moves SE 1 Tile
  • Separate 1 Infantry unit from Army 2 and move them NE 1 tile
  • Move 1 Archer unit NE of the Capital

Stats:

Black Market Item:
  • Bow of the Ages: Costs 10 Res
    • Strength: Powerful Blow: Deals 1 extra damage
    • Weakness: Unwieldy: The powerful attack makes it difficult to use. -2/0
  • Golem Armor: Sold!
    • Strength: +1 HP
    • Weakness: -1 Movement
Cities:
  • Raven’s Heart (capital)
    • Palace
    • City Walls = 0/+1 to defending troops
    • 0/+2 to defending units
    • Black Market (Gain random items from rolls)
  • Sun’s Spire (Standard)
  • Kerem’s Reach (Farming)
Total Income: +18 per Turn
  • Base +2
  • Capital +2res
  • Sun’s Spire +2res
  • Kerem’s Reach +4res
  • (3)Trade Agreements +6res

Military:
  • 3x Spies
  • 2x Archers
  • 3x Infantry

Last edited:
Turn 7

Darkness fell, but in Mitsura that meant that most were waking up. The night had begun and the twin moons rising in the west glowed with a favourable light on the jungle. The Purple Petal inhaled deeply and woke up. The bed of flowers around him died, simply shriveling away as Iemitsu exhaled. It was angry, it did not know why, it just was.

From the second Iemitsu had crawled out of its birthing sack, covered in sticky fluids, gasping for air, it had been angry. Perhaps anger was too weak a word? There was a fury that was buried in its being, burning hotter than the sun. why? It did not know, but from the moment it had realised that it was furious, that fire came to define him. It made it understand the distance between it and the others. A gap in both power as well as intelligence.

And so, it had consulted the only true authority it knew, the Green Petal. Nobody had stopped it as it went up to meet the Green Petal. And the councilmember had been smiling, sitting in a meditation pose, its spine fused with the Great One. “Ahh Iemitsu, I am glad you answered the call, we have work to do.”

Iemitsu opened its eyes. It blinked, letting go of the memory. It had work to do. The world was a malleable place, it could be shaped into one’s desires, if one understood how. And there was no one in the world who knew better how than Iemitsu. As it moved vines sprang out of him, growing rapidly, searching like tentacles for the things it needed.

The door to its temporary shelter rotted away in seconds as Iemitsu left its sleeping place. Stairs grew under its feet in the perfect rhythm to its walking. Sustenance was found by one of the vines and it returned to Iemitsu with a bowl of larvae. The fat, wiggling creatures did not become anything. They were useless creatures, which only served as food. it popped one in its mouth, savouring the taste. Useless, but delicious and so it thanked the Great One for its existence.

The temporary pleasure faded quickly and once again the fire in its chest blazed. The fire was always hungry. Sometimes Iemitsu feared that it would be consumed in an inferno. Always on the edge, one second away from losing control. It was exhilarating, terrifying, frustrating and ecstatic all at once. a vine approached with hot tea and it took it. The root tea that was common to drink among Hoshi greatly calmed him down, allowing him to focus its anger.

A deep intense hatred within him rose for the root design in district 44. it threw the cup over its shoulder, a vine catching it on the way down, entrusting it to a pile of empty cups. If it started by destroying district 44 now, it could start regrowing it by noon. It growled and increased the pace. The path growing beneath its feet without missing a beat.

Actions turn 7:

Movement: free movement only (Natural woodsmen strength gives double movement on jungle tiles)
  • Army 7 moves 1 tile SW unto swamp tile.
  • Army 1 moves 1 tile NW unto desert tile.
Free actions:
  • Army 7 explores, next part of the questline: Retrieve Probe
  • Resettle 4 pops to the Steel City, for communal settlement.
Actions:
  • Action 1: Complete Advancement: Forest Irrigation II: Paid, when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in two turns less than the required 4. 2/2 actions.
  • Action 2: Complete Advancement: Tomb of Growth II: Paid, Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 1:1 ratio. 2/2 actions.
  • Action 3: Advancement: Guarilia warfare: -3 resources, Proposed Effect: Friendly units on forest or swamp tiles are stealthed.
Continuing processes:
  • Growth of a new jungle tile 1 tile North West of capital 2/4
  • Inventor Hekron creates a new invention 2/3 (4 -1 for the Inventor’s Workshop advancement)
  • Borage grows a swamp tile 1 west of the Steel city 1/2 (4- 2 due to presence Niwashi, Forest Irrigation 1)

Tables

Income Resources tits turn Resources expenses tits turn Resources next turn Population tits turn Population next turn Population expenses
Settlements +6 - +6 +12 +12 -
Trade - - +4 - - -
Other - - 3 - - - -
Overall -4 -3 3 44 56 44

Weaknesses Effects Location
Sunlight Units in deserts or snow tiles have -1/-1, +2 to fire weakness Empire wide
Sub-Kaminoki trees If a Kaminoki tree is destroyed, all units in that tile and surrounding tiles lose the bonus they receive from Strong Magics. Those not under the affect of the tree have a -1/0 Empire wide

Bonuses Effects Location
Natural Woodsmen Double movement for units on forest or swamp tiles +0/+1 while in forest Empire wide
Population Growth Population growth +2, Max pop +5 Empire wide
Strong Nature magics Units have +1/+1 in settlements Empire wide
The Inventor’s workshop While residing in its workshop Inventor Hekron creates and invention in 3 turns instead of 4. Seicho
Forrest Irrigation 1 when adjacent to a tile with fresh water new patches of forest are grown in one turn less than the required 4. Empire wide
Tomb of Growth Population can be turned into resources at ratio of 2:1 Empire wide
Blood Pits +1 order and the Kaminoki is empowered by blood sacrifice (up to gm’s discretion) Seicho
Poisoned weaponry Yari and Ite troops have +1/+0 Empire wide
Place of exchange Enables trade Empire wide
Dangerous Flora I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Dangerous fauna I -1/-1 for enemy units in the jungle All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Insect and Arachnid Pheromone Control Whenever a Mitsuran army fights in a forest tile, before the battle starts, great insect swarms harass the lines of the enemy. Three random enemy units lose attack first, or if they didn’t have it, gain attack last. Heroes and Leader units are unaffected. All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki
Fog of dreams -1 movement for enemies on swamp or forest tiles All forest/swamp/jungle tiles connected to the kaminoki

The locations of the armies are filled in after the moves of tits turn have been completed

Army Units Location Stance
Army 1
  • Leader unit Borage
  • Elite Niwashi Unit
1 tile west of the Steel City Borage uses growth ability. Niwashi is there to assist.
Army 3
  • Troop Yari
  • Troop Ite
1 tile West of Capital Defend
Army 5
  • Leader unit Hekron
  • Troop Yari
Capital Invent/ Defend
Army 6
  • Leader unit Dark Disciple
1 tile East of Capital Defend
Army 7
  • Yari unit
1 tile South West of the Steel City Explore

Last edited:
[WIP]

Characters: Directeur Marie-Claire Trudeau

Events: Free Action - diplomacy

The sun dial took on shade near its lower crescent as day waned into dusk. The days were still quite short and light scarce to be found all along Toulais. Although the other Directeurs pushed for a summer court to the south, Marie-Claire cared little for it. To the contrary, she enjoyed the cold, biting winds from the Regalian North. This time of year was when she truly felt alive, even as death took on a shape around each flower and tree. "Our agents report Directeur Armeron has made contact with the Regalians," informed a hooded individual standing off to one corner. "He is made to wait while war beckons eastward." Ah yes, there were earlier reports about these Easterners. Mostly vague ramblings from drunken travelers who claimed they saw lizards or some such.

Foolish talk which proved useless at this time. However...should these talks go the way Gibrian and herself imagined over starlit nights months before, the East would become their playground. And with the North on their side, only the South and West would remain any sort of threat. That is...if the people didn't rise up to thwart carefully laid plains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back