• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Birth of Nations

The Rebirth

• Introduction

Welcome to Birth of Nations, a hybrid RPG where you not only roleplay as your nation but pick actions and make choices that will decide their fate. There have been three previous iterations of Birth of Nations with each getting more complex as we moved forward. We have now decided to revert to a less is more approach meaning that players can focus more on the roleplaying aspect and less on the game mechanics. That being said it can be daunting when you go over to the rules page because of the amount of text involved but that is more to help explain everything and to answer all questions. However, please do not be put off by it. As long as you have a basic understanding of the rules we are more than ready to help in the Discord server with any questions you may have.

The aim of the game is to build your nation and to see how it grows amidst the hopefully, many other player nations. Player interactions are encouraged and whether you want to form alliances or start a war or may something in between, they are all viable options in this game.

Meet your staff

TrekTek: Lord of All, creator of Birth of Nations and all round sound guy! (This wasn't written by Trek, he isn't that smug)

CaptainSully: Lord of the Map...apart from that he's a bit of a dick

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

♡design by latte, coded by uxie♡

Nations:
Draken Guard- Paleo_Rex Paleo_Rex
The Order of Kerem- Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Regalia- Obsidian Obsidian
Kyngdom of Khazar Dymraen- Just_a_loneley_pilgrim Just_a_loneley_pilgrim
Zanzir Aka The Waste- LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Mitsura- Verus Verus
Gecklicko Combine- Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
The Oni- CaptainSully CaptainSully
The City State of Mesania- Athanas Athanas
VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator
TeaMMatE11 TeaMMatE11
DapperKnight DapperKnight
Martydi Martydi

Last edited:
How detailed would you like a race to be? Cause I'd like to play Ogre's in this and I've got like a whole doc of lore on standby
As long as it fits within the small amount of lore that's been given out about, then you can be as detailed or not as you like. To be fair the more detailed you are, the better personal quests Trek can design for you.

How detailed would you like a race to be? Cause I'd like to play Ogre's in this and I've got like a whole doc of lore on standby
Absolutely what Sully said. As long as it fits into the tiny amount of lore that I've placed up, the more information on your race and nation, the better. There will be personalized nation quests and events so additional info on the part of the player makes things even better for me. :-)

As long as it fits within the small amount of lore that's been given out about, then you can be as detailed or not as you like. To be fair the more detailed you are, the better personal quests Trek can design for you.

Awesome, btw the Ogre military force and every day to day life requires two things

A cold mountainous area with lots and lots of dangerous megafauna, I suspect that you can fulfill the first part and not the second, to which I say that I can submit and write up the lore for each monster and don't worry I understand balancing, I suspect every race will have some kind of natural advantages over one another

Humans have versatility

Elves have marksmanship and swiftness

Dwarves have raw strength and their enginnering

etc etc

Awesome, btw the Ogre military force and every day to day life requires two things

A cold mountainous area with lots and lots of dangerous megafauna, I suspect that you can fulfill the first part and not the second, to which I say that I can submit and write up the lore for each monster and don't worry I understand balancing, I suspect every race will have some kind of natural advantages over one another

Humans have versatility

Elves have marksmanship and swiftness

Dwarves have raw strength and their enginnering

etc etc
Time for the Humans to rise. The Kingdom of Cadia will get the torches ready
I'll pm you guys the discord link so we can chat more details about your nations. :-)

Though I am interested in this, I do have a concern.

Where exactly does the roleplaying aspect come into this? Your OP reads much more like a manual for a strategy game, and though I love strategy games, I do want to roleplay. I want to be able to create characters, write their personal journeys, spin narratives, form relationships with other nations and their characters beyond trade and alliances, and so on. Will we get to do all these sorts of things?

Though I am interested in this, I do have a concern.

Where exactly does the roleplaying aspect come into this? Your OP reads much more like a manual for a strategy game, and though I love strategy games, I do want to roleplay. I want to be able to create characters, write their personal journeys, spin narratives, form relationships with other nations and their characters beyond trade and alliances, and so on. Will we get to do all these sorts of things?
You are able to as a free action once per turn, explore any area of the map that you have a unit on. Sometimes this leads to grand adventures that play out on discord which can end up with you finding out more about the world around you, your own nation, or even inviduals and groups.

Also when you interact with other players in diplomacy, that interaction happens in character on the discord as well.

Each turn, time passes in the world and events human and will happen. You are building your nation, role-playing its growth through the stories you write and are intertwined with the events that happen.

In essence, you will be able to roleplay in this game. The rulebook is more just so that there is an outline for combat and building. But I can assure you that RP is first and foremost what I focus on the most.:-)

Cadia? Oh yea your the 40K guy, Im so sorry dude I got so wrapped up in my personal life I completely forgot I was interested in your roleplay, is there anyway I can still join?!
Sorry, too much lost interest man. I might try again in the future, but if you really want to support me I have a Vietnam War Rp looking for people

In alot of fanasty settings people end up making elves just "Hippie humans who live a long time" which I personally feel is a diservice

Warhammer elves are a great example of how to do them justice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back