• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Quick question

THe HP on your troops seems a little low? Like a standard statesman has 1HP, while humans aren't exactly durable in comparison to fanasty races, a human in armor I feel like deserves a bit more HP than 1?

Is there a guide to what a stat correlates to? For example how strong is 1 strength? Is 3 strength like enough to crush a boulder?

The rules for unit creation are in the interest check. But basic troops start at 0/0 for attack and defense. However you can have your ability give one of them a +1 and depending on your nation strengths and weaknesses, you might start with more than that.

The rules for unit creation are in the interest check. But basic troops start at 0/0 for attack and defense. However you can have your ability give one of them a +1 and depending on your nation strengths and weaknesses, you might start with more than that.

Hm...check dms

Great, great! I'll start thinking up a concept for my nation then!
Just for awareness of the current confirmed concepts:

-Crash landed aliens
-Geckos
-Greeks
-Indians (as in India)
-Samurai
-Ogres
-Dragons
-Dwarves

I may have missed some but just thought id give you a heads up

I'm thinking of doing Crab creatures who rises up from the depths in search of safer lands.
Sounds like a great concept. Looking forward to seeing the Nation Sheet. I just sent you a link to the discord chat so that we can discuss things further. The Discord is also used for Diplomacy and Exploration during gameplay.

Every time i see a post for birth of nations , it gets more detailed. It's urging me to join but i always feel like i'm going to mess up somewhere along the line :(
=========
But if i may give it a try , Can i add a custom race :)

This is certainly an interesting concept, and it’s something that catches my interest... is there room for another rper to throw a hat into the ring?

Every time i see a post for birth of nations , it gets more detailed. It's urging me to join but i always feel like i'm going to mess up somewhere along the line :(
=========
But if i may give it a try , Can i add a custom race :)
If anything we've toned it down, it just seems complex due to trying to over explain everything lol. When it comes to the first turns, there's a few of us who can help you out so don't feel put off. All are welcome. As for custom races, they're fine too.
This is certainly an interesting concept, and it’s something that catches my interest... is there room for another rper to throw a hat into the ring?
Come along and join the fun

If anything we've toned it down, it just seems complex due to trying to over explain everything lol. When it comes to the first turns, there's a few of us who can help you out so don't feel put off. All are welcome. As for custom races, they're fine too.
I guess i would have to swing the custom race by the mods , what else could be customized ?

Come along and join the fun
Alrighty then, thank you for letting me to join in the rp and participate in it. As for now, I have a few faction ideas, but for the most part, I have two which I’m currently fond of, which are:

-Desert Inhabitants, seeking to continue expanding their land and living peacefully in ignorance: A growing kingdom of those who favor the desert, they are made up of mostly humans, with some exceptions of other races included. They are rather unwelcoming towards outsiders, unsure of their true intentions unless time goes on, and would rather keep to themselves and stay neutral within the world of war. And towards non-humans, this unwelcoming nature increases, as they are considered less ‘human’ by their people, and while allowed to enter their lands for trade without problem, unless one is of a merchant, they wouldn’t gain the same rights of those of a regular citizen, and unless they prove their right to have the same laws, they would be less of a priority than the regular citizens.

However, instead of being aggressive towards other nations, they rather stay neutral in a political standpoint, and wouldn’t fight against an enemy force unless struck first, and from there, their passiveness ends. But still willing to do trade and hire mercenaries from other lands. They are led by a council of the most experienced and wise members of their nation, their ages and sizes varying but the youngest to have joined their council was 34.

-A wandering Viking tribe of raiders, seeking new lands to pillage and new foes to fight: This one is a no-brainer, basically a group of Vikings settling upon foreign land to continue their journey of finding worthy opponents as well as becoming more stronger to gain favor with their gods and feast amongst the many heroes within the great halls of Valhalla. Mostly made up of the most aggressive of humans and species such as Orcs, they are all bonded together under two things, the thirst to seek a worthy challenge and battle, as well as the idea of loot.

They fight with fury and intensity that no sane man should have... doing actions that would have been thought of as reckless or too risky, for they hold no fear, and they will rip and tear anything that comes across their path. Guided by a single ‘Chosen’ of the Gods of war, they follow where their leader goes. But, even with their fury, they are willing to make alliances, especially those who want them to fight an worthy foe for them... and perhaps a true alliance can be formed.

Alrighty then, thank you for letting me to join in the rp and participate in it. As for now, I have a few faction ideas, but for the most part, I have two which I’m currently fond of, which are:

-Desert Inhabitants, seeking to continue expanding their land and living peacefully in ignorance: A growing kingdom of those who favor the desert, they are made up of mostly humans, with some exceptions of other races included. They are rather unwelcoming towards outsiders, unsure of their true intentions unless time goes on, and would rather keep to themselves and stay neutral within the world of war. And towards non-humans, this unwelcoming nature increases, as they are considered less ‘human’ by their people, and while allowed to enter their lands for trade without problem, unless one is of a merchant, they wouldn’t gain the same rights of those of a regular citizen, and unless they prove their right to have the same laws, they would be less of a priority than the regular citizens.

However, instead of being aggressive towards other nations, they rather stay neutral in a political standpoint, and wouldn’t fight against an enemy force unless struck first, and from there, their passiveness ends. But still willing to do trade and hire mercenaries from other lands. They are led by a council of the most experienced and wise members of their nation, their ages and sizes varying but the youngest to have joined their council was 34.

-A wandering Viking tribe of raiders, seeking new lands to pillage and new foes to fight: This one is a no-brainer, basically a group of Vikings settling upon foreign land to continue their journey of finding worthy opponents as well as becoming more stronger to gain favor with their gods and feast amongst the many heroes within the great halls of Valhalla. Mostly made up of the most aggressive of humans and species such as Orcs, they are all bonded together under two things, the thirst to seek a worthy challenge and battle, as well as the idea of loot.

They fight with fury and intensity that no sane man should have... doing actions that would have been thought of as reckless or too risky, for they hold no fear, and they will rip and tear anything that comes across their path. Guided by a single ‘Chosen’ of the Gods of war, they follow where their leader goes. But, even with their fury, they are willing to make alliances, especially those who want them to fight an worthy foe for them... and perhaps a true alliance can be formed.
Both ideas sound great. :-)

I like the second idea, Norsca with orcs is something I can get behind? will you user ice age monsters to crush your enemies as well?

This reads more like a total war/Civ campaign map.

How exactly are battles decided? Are the units on creation the only units we'll be able to train or will there be research trees or other methods of advancing a... well... civ?

I always wanted to try my hand at this sort of rp but it looks confusing as all hell lol.

This reads more like a total war/Civ campaign map.

How exactly are battles decided? Are the units on creation the only units we'll be able to train or will there be research trees or other methods of advancing a... well... civ?

I always wanted to try my hand at this sort of rp but it looks confusing as all hell lol.
Hello. Glad that you're interested in BoN. 🙃 Battles are decided based on GM rolls and troops and stats are upgraded over time.

The plan is that nations will start in the bronze age and move forward. If this all interests you, I'll send you a link to the discord where all diplomacy and exploration will take place.

There is a heavy element of role-playing involved and adventures to be had by exploring the landscape. Plus, each nation has their own quests.

Hello. Glad that you're interested in BoN. 🙃 Battles are decided based on GM rolls and troops and stats are upgraded over time.

The plan is that nations will start in the bronze age and move forward. If this all interests you, I'll send you a link to the discord where all diplomacy and exploration will take place.

There is a heavy element of role-playing involved and adventures to be had by exploring the landscape. Plus, each nation has their own quests.

I have no concept of a nation just yet, I just stumbled across this.

I'm on discord, A_TeaM_MatE#5273

You can find me in the RPN discord server as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back