• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Birth of a Region [Pokémon Semi-Quest]

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Red, Blue, Green....

Leaves, Diamonds, Rubies....

As time goes on, so do the character we all hold close to our hearts, as well as the creatures he hold in our pockets. GameFreak has made one of the most influential series of games and media in modern pop culture, with 122 titles in total. And yes, they have some customizable experiences in them, especially with some of the newer releases.

But what if YOU, the player and dreamer, could make their own game, their own region, and still have fun playing in it?

Welcome to
Birth of a Region
A semi-Quest where the audience creates the world then adventures into it.

But Squad, you may ask, how would this work? Aren't Quests storyline already created by the author, i.e. you?
Well, dear reader, it's more simple than you think.

The way I'll be holding BOAR is simple: When it begins, I will ask a few questions then let the audience react. However, these questions aren't 'What do you do,' no, they are the likes of 'What Pokémon, originally and freely created in your own head, exists on this region?' or maybe 'What towns exist in this region? Gyms?', and I think you get the rest.

The Audience creates the region. Maybe it's serious, mystical, or maybe even just filled with unfunny dad jokes, but nonetheless there will be almost complete reign over the details of it's creation.

But Squad, you may ask, how would we play a Quest in it, then? Wouldn't we already know everything about the region?
That's true, yes, you would know a great deal about the region, evil teams, gyms and legendaries.
But tell me truthfully, after making an entire playpen, would you not want to experience it yourself?

You'd get to design the two starter characters, then vote on which one you'd play as, and then explore your own creation top to bottom. Dice will be used minimally, and Pokémon battles will be more action-oriented (such as the anime), but still have stats and moves.

And that's it. From birth to adventure to conclusion, BOAR is designed to give you the ultimate customizable Pokémon Experience.
The only question you should be asking yourself...

BEGIN GAME?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back