• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Birth By Sleep (Closed to Za Warudo)

RoseOfDreams

Magic Eight Ball
Terra stood in front of the mirror in his room, examining his dress uniform with a critical eye. He normally didn't care what he wore but he hadn't donned the uniform since first coming to the Land of Beginnings, and he was afraid it was beginning to become short in the cuffs. The pants he didn't care about since he could hide the shortness there with his knee-high dress boots.
The uniform itself was black, with gold embroidered from the collar, which looped and swirled from the high-necked collar to his shoulders and joined in the middle.

All in all, the look wasn't too bad, he thought, and maybe he could get away with it? The pads sort of broadened his shoulders a little bit.
No... it made him look -

"Austere," he said, "Ridiculous."

"Oh come on, Terra, it's not that bad," Ventus said from his spot upon Terra's bed, who was absentmindedly swirling his wooden keyblade about, "Besides, at least you're guaranteed to have a partner. I'm too young and short. No one will dance with me."
"Aqua will," Terra said, tugging at the bottom of his uniform. It did try to ride up a little.
"No way, I'm like her little brother! That's like a pity dance, you know?"

Earlier that week at breakfast, Master Eraqus had dropped the bomb that the Keybearers' Ball was coming back in, and everyone in the institute was expected to learn how to dance by the end of the month. Well, today was the first lesson and Terra could not have felt less prepared in his life. Fighting, he understood. The dance in terms of blocking his opponent's attacks and parrying the blade, and the footwork involved in that? He had a good understanding of watching someone and predicting their next move. Dancing was not like that. Dancing was personal closeness and looking into their eyes and making small chit chat.

No, no, that was absolutely foreign territory.

So for now, he could partake in territory that didn't actually terrify him: comforting a friend.
He sat on the edge of the bed next to his blond friend, looking at the golden sunlight falling across the floor reaching their feet.
"It isn't pity," he said to Ventus, "It's love. And if you asked her, she'd say it was no problem at all, to dance with a friend she loves."
"You think?" Ventus said, a hopeful tone in his voice. "I hope so."
"I know so," Terra laughed, reaching over to ruffle his hair. "Now let's go to that lesson."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back