• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Swan

Sad Aries Baby
Hewuwu!

My name's Swan and I'm an intermediate roleplayer, I'd describe my writing style as cinematic and humorous! I've stopped trying to write "prettily" and just started focusing on making people laugh. Though I can also be deep, like THE ABYSS deep (if you get that reference ilu)

I'm looking for chill fantasy roleplays, maybe something medieval or historic? I've also roleplayed animals most of my "career", so that's also something I'd be open to. Basically I just wanna have fun, have my character make meaningful connections with other characters and let others enjoy my writing without feeling unpopular or unwanted.

OH! And hopefully there would be no need for pictures in the application process, idk why but FCs just make me uncomfortable and taking pictures off the internet makes me feel queasy because of cc reasons. I'm really sorry but I'm totally down to roleplay a blob if that's the only picture-less thing available.

Thanks and take care of yourselves!
Toodles <3

I don't know you, and you don't know me, but we're friends now. B)

A chill fantasy roleplay sounds like just what I'm looking for. Were you looking to be in a group roleplay with 3+ people? I've sort of had an idea brewing for a while that involves some fantastical creatures and a lone tavern in the middle of a desert...

I don't know you, and you don't know me, but we're friends now. B)

A chill fantasy roleplay sounds like just what I'm looking for. Were you looking to be in a group roleplay with 3+ people? I've sort of had an idea brewing for a while that involves some fantastical creatures and a lone tavern in the middle of a desert...

Oh hello, new friend! And YES! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

Oh hello, new friend! And YES! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

Sweeeet. I'm hoping to make a proper interest check soon, but I'm looking for input first!

Basically, I have a detailed setting in mind, but no idea how to keep the story interesting, or any story ideas at all! The initial idea is of a desolate, post-war world, with humans and creatures of all sorts (even robots!) coming together to try and pick up the pieces. Kind of a sci-fi / fantasy mix. There's no immediate threat, but the war still hangs a bit heavy.

Luckily, there's a tavern in the middle of a desert where people have started to gather called the Red Herring Inn. It's a little small, but the staff are friendly and the food is good. People travel from far and wide to stay at this so-called haven, and find out what's so special about it.

...that's all I have. I was planning to be a GM of sorts, giving story directions, but I don't really have a story so far. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them, otherwise let me know what you think! ^^

Sweeeet. I'm hoping to make a proper interest check soon, but I'm looking for input first!

Basically, I have a detailed setting in mind, but no idea how to keep the story interesting, or any story ideas at all! The initial idea is of a desolate, post-war world, with humans and creatures of all sorts (even robots!) coming together to try and pick up the pieces. Kind of a sci-fi / fantasy mix. There's no immediate threat, but the war still hangs a bit heavy.

Luckily, there's a tavern in the middle of a desert where people have started to gather called the Red Herring Inn. It's a little small, but the staff are friendly and the food is good. People travel from far and wide to stay at this so-called haven, and find out what's so special about it.

...that's all I have. I was planning to be a GM of sorts, giving story directions, but I don't really have a story so far. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them, otherwise let me know what you think! ^^

Ah I see! I think it's a good idea to have it a bit open-ended? I really like the idea of having like a "hook" for the players and then we can all build the world together! Maybe there's a sand storm or something that brings all the characters to the inn and then something happens that BAM sets off the action. Since there's no immediate threat maybe we could do a little fetch quest/road trip where the characters travel together and get to know each other? :3

Ah I see! I think it's a good idea to have it a bit open-ended? I really like the idea of having like a "hook" for the players and then we can all build the world together! Maybe there's a sand storm or something that brings all the characters to the inn and then something happens that BAM sets off the action. Since there's no immediate threat maybe we could do a little fetch quest/road trip where the characters travel together and get to know each other? :3

Ohh that's a good inciting force. I was thinking of having the RP centered at the Inn, but we can definitely go on outings and have the tavern as a home base.

Wouldn't it be funny if the characters that were stranded had to pay for their lodgings by working at the inn?? I like having a lot of comedy in my RPs and keeping things relatively light-hearted.

"Oh hey guys, we uh, ran out of milk. Could you please travel 400 miles out west to the nearest farmer's market?" - is what I'm imagining.

And I get ya, open-ended RPs are more appealing. I'm just not experienced with group RPs and tend to stick to a plot. I do like where this is going, though! Band of misfits end up snowed (sanded?) in and end up doing odd jobs for the manager.

I also think the idea you two are talking about is really interesting. sullen sullen , if you’re looking for a robotic waiter for your desert-bound inn, I would be happy to throw my hat in the ring for the rp! Also, Swan Swan , I love your ready to rp attitude! I look forward to rping sometime if we get the chance to. :)

Ohh that's a good inciting force. I was thinking of having the RP centered at the Inn, but we can definitely go on outings and have the tavern as a home base.

Wouldn't it be funny if the characters that were stranded had to pay for their lodgings by working at the inn?? I like having a lot of comedy in my RPs and keeping things relatively light-hearted.

"Oh hey guys, we uh, ran out of milk. Could you please travel 400 miles out west to the nearest farmer's market?" - is what I'm imagining.

And I get ya, open-ended RPs are more appealing. I'm just not experienced with group RPs and tend to stick to a plot. I do like where this is going, though! Band of misfits end up snowed (sanded?) in and end up doing odd jobs for the manager.

OMG I love the concept of characters having to pay for their stay at the inn and working there!!! Definitely allows for some fun shenanigans. You can totally have a plot too if it makes you feel more comfy! And thank you, Vexumin Vexumin I look forward to rping with you too! PLEASE play the robot waiter 8D I'd love to meet 'em.

Heck yeah, robot waiter!! Vexumin Vexumin That's quite a coincidence since I was planning to make the Innkeeper a robot as well! There's some history to that, too, which I'm excited to reveal over time. 👀 I would love for you to join us once it's ready.

Swan Swan I do crave me some plot ;w; though it can be more of an overarching one, with little subplots and quests in between. What I love most is writing histories about worlds and having characters and interactions reflect the setting. Like how the world is war-torn and some characters may have belonged to enemy factions, but now have to work together.

Oof I have a lot of writing ahead of me. Thanks for your input! I will definitely ping you both when I have everything together! 🥰

sullen sullen Could I sliiiiide my hat into the ring of interest for your rp? What you guys were talking about sounded super interesting! On first impressions, I was thinking of playing a young bratty harpy that had a foul mouth but actually had a very kind heart.

sullen sullen Could I sliiiiide my hat into the ring of interest for your rp? What you guys were talking about sounded super interesting! On first impressions, I was thinking of playing a young bratty harpy that had a foul mouth but actually had a very kind heart.
Sounds great! I'll update ya, might need a week or so. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back