Idea Biotic - A futuristic roleplay

Khadame

thugdere
As RPN seems to not have a lot of futuristic RPs that are both interesting and cyborg oriented, I figured I could just make my own and roll with it. With the recent release of Nier: Automata , and the ideas I got from Cytus and League of Legends, I tried my hand at making a plot that I tried to make coherent enough to provide a good backstory for a RP.

- Tensions in the world rise due to climatic change and pollution, citizens protesting due to new laws that further this development by funding companies responsible for the pollution

- Automata founded and funded by the government to further advance robot technology to help against the crisis by reducing these problems and running without any energy required

- Using an unknown test subject, Automata creates the first Operator model, Ophelia

- Operators serve as robot servants and personal computers – they store and look up information, can complete simple and complicated tasks alike and are also capable of learning and developing a personality

- Ophelia goes on the market, is a huge hit, and funds another 3 generations of Operators – Andromeda, Cassandra and Calypso

- Automata obtains the funds to experiment on cyborg advancements

- The first PROJECT: Velocity line is brought into life, using the impaired body of the CEO’s daughter, Camilla

- PROJECTs are primarily meant as military weapons

- Camilla is put into cybernetic sleep

- PROJECT: Velocity is completed without any known problems; the amount of missing person cases rises and Jin investigates with the help of Nathaniel

- Camilla joins the ranks of the military and helps the state fend off enemy militants and spreads propaganda for Automata and the government, masses

- Automata announces the next line, PROJECT: Force

- Nathaniel and Jin find the cause of the disappearances to be Automata and try to forward the story to Macha, a freelance reporter

- The story spawns a huge controversy, but Automata avoids any punishment by blackmailing Macha into discrediting her own story

- Nathaniel gets abducted by an unknown party after trying to convince people of the story’s truth, Jin and Macha get arrested after they try to spread the word of his disappearance

- Some people rebel against their arrest and get both women out, Jin decides to form a rebel group to protest Automata’s ethics

- 8 years’ pass; Automata has five new PROJECTs in the late development phase, Force about to be finished, the Rebellion has been declared a terrorist group and any contact with them will result in prison time

- The Rebellion planned an attack on their biggest factory on the outskirts of the city

- Operation is successful, and the group manages to rescue several Operators containing inside data, Defectives (unsuccessful experiments to perfect the PROJECT line) and two non-activated PROJECTs, a disc was found with Nathaniel’s name on it

- Two months after these events, the story starts

- The long-term goal: Destroy Automata or change their ethics for the better

I figure the plot still has some things (a lot) that bug me (like the beginning, which seems a bit unrealistic). I absolutely appreciate any criticism and help I can get.

Thanks for the suggestion <: I figured that was kind of missing as well, so I'm currently working on that.

Notes for World:

- The story plays around Europe, not much different from what we have currently
- Despite robots running around, the cities are in the middle of being completely rebuild, there are a lot of buildings falling apart, and barely any of the advancement seen
- Not a lot of animal species are left, and the wildlife is limited to common birds, animals and some irradiated types of mutants, same thing with vegetation

- The timeline changes on the 27 October, 1962 - a mistaken reaction from a Soviet officer, who believed that the USA had attacked them, and subsequently launched a missile onto the enemy
- The war escalated and nuclear attacks were traded back and forth, eradicating the USA, Canada, the UDSSR, China and the Middle East completely and leaving them inhabitable
- Europe still suffered from the events of WWII, with no way to rebuild the society and bring the economy back
- Asian countries unable to develop due to missing support from USA, as well, and soon, a lot of immigrants come to Europe in hope of a better life
- European government (now one big parliament, the EU was never founded) decides, in a last ditch effort, to build a huge amount of factories in mildly radiated areas, and introduces the Euro as a new currency
- 2010s arrive - the factories are ready for deployment, and bring thousands of jobs, but with considerable health risks
- The economy stablizes, and a better life standard has been made, even though technological advancement is at an all time low
- South America and Africa have been claimed and made part of Europe due to their vast resources, any remaining savages on the continents are hunted and driven out of their lands
- 2100s arrive - slowly, ideas from old science-fiction novels and existing technology are being realized, and scientists are working feverishly on a way to protect against radiation
- Toxic gases from factories, farms etc. are damaging the ozone layer, and earth becomes rapidly hotter
- 2200s arrive - development on AIs and robots is in it's prime, and efforts to rebuild the outdated factories are being made, but it takes a lot of energy that is impossible to get with the dwindling coal and oil resources on the continents
- People are getting increasingly upset again - the radiation clouding the factories has not become any better, and a lot of diseases are spreading
- Using an astronomical amount of funds, the government decides to found Automata with a highly intelligent team of innovators, a company which will focus on solving the current issues plaguing the earth
- Reports surface of strange creatures near Russian radiation zone
- 2300s arrive - Automata has succeeded in claiming the first limitless energy source: light, which slowly takes over as the main source of energy
- With this development, they work on creating fully-automated androids that take over the work of the common people and are able to explore radiated areas, at the same time, ideas of cyborgs are floating around
- Reports from previous years have been investigated, and the claims have been proven - the investigation team sent returns with five people less
- 10 years later, the first Operator is built
- And so it continues...

The changes to the previous story would be the following:

- The PROJECTs are units to explode heavily irradiated areas and defend themselves against any unknown lifeform
- There is no military per se, but rather a glorified investigation team, though this can quickly change in the event of the dooming civil war
- Camilla spreads propaganda for volunteering for Automata's PROJECTs, not for the government

Users who are viewing this thread

Back