• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Big Time Rush (girlband rp)

_em_

hufflepuff

• N
    SERIES

BIG TIME RUSH: REDONE

Four regular, teenage, Minnesotan girls get the opportunity of a lifetime when they have a chance encounter with an LA producer. Will they sink or swim among the rich and famous?

TV-MA

POPULAR SCENES:

NETFLIX
HOME
PLOT
ROLES
RULES

ADULT

intro:

Four regular, teenage, Minnesotan girls get the opportunity of a lifetime when they have a chance encounter with an LA producer. Will they sink or swim among the rich and famous?

plot:

‘An episodic adventure following the shenangians of a friend group who somehow found themselves in a professional startup girl band’

I debated whether I should actually put effort into this and write some sort of narrative, but then I remembered I’m lazy and decided not to do that. Plus, I needed to explain my ideas more. So here we are rip.

All I want is to write about a chaotic group of friends who find themselves in LA recording demos; they live at the Palm Woods Hotel, which is home to everyone from kids to adults trying to make it big. I can’t stress enough that the girls we’ll be creating aren’t your typical famous wannabes; they prefer sweatpants and singing was never something on any of their radars- well, except for the star.

Point is: these girls wreak of chaos and abnormality, which is exactly why they’re going to make it big. The plot is going to be more of an episodic thing rather than a freeball thing, and no I don’t have any specific ideas, but if there’s enough interest I’ll start actually thinking stuff up lol.

roles:

the leader- Natural talent with zero will to be in the spotlight. The only reason she decided to try the girl band thing was because everyone told her she’d be dumb for turning it down. Surprisingly witty and has a knack for organized chaos.

the star- Chasing pop stardom since the moment she was born. Obsessed with her appearance, but not overly narcissistic. Their producer made it clear that they don’t like her but she could care less.

the clutz- Can barely get dressed without accidentally falling over. The only business she has being in the band is her ability to dance. She can also drop some mean puns, and she has a mean obsession with wearing ridiculously colored beanies.

the brains- Studying for a doctorate while trying to learn how to sing and dance, both skills that she’s never possessed, is slowly sucking her soul. Not to mention she often seems to be the only level-headed one.

rules:

LITERACY

Advanced literate, 18+, lgbtq+ and diversity friendly. There is no post requirement per week, I know we're all busy, but all I ask for is updates on schedules every once in a while. Honestly, I've gone months without getting a reply and have had no problem picking up right where we left off. There isn't a paragraph or word requirement, either, but if you're a one-liner kinda person this isn't the rp for you.

PLOTTING
Please be the type of person who loves to plot more than you love to actually write!! And also love character development!! And aesthetic stuff!! In case it wasn't clear, this rp is based off of the show Big Time Rush, but knowledge of the show isn't required at all. I'm pretty sure we're going to be taking a lot of inspiration from the show's plot, though, so if you are familiar that would be great.

OOC
Honestly, I don't care where we write or chat ooc as long as it's super chill and fun! My initial inclination is to write on a thread here and chat on Discord.

Last edited:
i'm going to make a character application thread sometime today! i'll tag you all when it's up. thank you SO MUCH for your interest c:

Guess I'm to late... Right? I love this idea honestly a genderbend of one of my favorite shows... Loved Big Time Rush growing up still do to this day especially the music.

Guess I'm to late... Right? I love this idea honestly a genderbend of one of my favorite shows... Loved Big Time Rush growing up still do to this day especially the music.
not too late at all! make a character sheet to try out c:

not too late at all! make a character sheet to try out c:
Oh cool, I guess brains is all that's left so I guess I'll try my best to be this groups female Logan I was hoping to be the clutz since real life me gives me tons of experience.... Ha ha kidding I swear... But I'll try my best to be our Logan.... Um I may not be able to get a picture till tomorrow though... Yes I have Wi-Fi but it's super slow cause it's actually my mom's hotspot.

Oh cool, I guess brains is all that's left so I guess I'll try my best to be this groups female Logan I was hoping to be the clutz since real life me gives me tons of experience.... Ha ha kidding I swear... But I'll try my best to be our Logan.... Um I may not be able to get a picture till tomorrow though... Yes I have Wi-Fi but it's super slow cause it's actually my mom's hotspot.
actually! it's not first come, first serve, there's an application process so you can try out for whoever you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back