• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Big Fat Search Thread

Sash

Wooden spoon of justice
Hi, everyone! My name is Sash and, just as the title states, this is my big fat search thread.

Some things about me:
  • A genderless blob of meat, fine with playing males, females, robots, ghosts, aliens and whatnot as long as it’s fun and the plot is involved. I prefer my plots to be platonic, but there are no strict limitations to the kind of relationship that the characters might develop. However, if romance is a must for you, you might have to take the initiative because sometimes I am also an insensitive brick of wall.
  • An adult that has seen some pretty striking shit. If you’re sensitive and would like to avoid certain dark themes and topics, warn me beforehand and I won’t mention any of them. But if you have some messed up bloodbath horror plot ideas that you can’t play with other players because too much for their fragile minds, bring it on and let’s see who cries for mommy first. Hehe.
  • I don’t double. Partially because I don’t see roleplay as a way to satisfy my personal cravings, but rather as a cooperation between people that are having equal fun and pleasure. But mostly because it’s just a weird thing to do.
  • I like to think of myself as literate, or at least trying to be so. I’m a non-native, so you guys do the judging. Anyway, my posts go four paragraphs and above. I can go shorter if that’s an issue, but I would prefer not to. Details are important.
  • I don’t do character sheets because they suck the intrigue off the plot.
  • I don’t do any of the following:
    • Fandoms. No. Nope. Nuh-uh. They’re other people’s creations, and I’m here to violate my OCs only.
    • School/university themed roleplays. Tend to get bored with those.
    • Anime-themed RPs. It’s all in the past, I swore on my honor.
    • Edgy vampire/werewolf stories. They’re too much even for a drama queen like me.
    • Angels/demons, because it’s never done originally, is it?
    • Fluff, peaceful slice of life, romance for the sake of romance, all of that rainbow cotton candy just isn’t what I write for, man.
    • I may seem proud of my critical and cynical ass, but it’s a mere illusion. In reality I’m not only proud but also a little bit smug.
  • I don’t use face claims because I suck at finding them. If I have a face in mind, I’ll describe it.
‘Ight, this part I’m done with. Now hop onto the plot wagon, it’ll take you to someplace nice. Hopefully.

They were rumored to come from the underworld, like a plague or a disease. It was said that they are children of no mother, sculptured in mud and animal bones, decorated roughly with fur, moss and scars of their infinite battles. They worshipped foreign, warped images of cruel gods, nothing alike the human All-Father or the elven Mother Nature. They called themselves "orcs" - or at least that's what humans heard through the growl and roaring that is their language. They were despised, and, according to many, should have remained so.

There was a war, and it lasted long enough for everyone to get tired. The swamp-green creatures raised their axes and proclaimed "Freedom for the Brotherhood!", and everyone stood against them, not knowing what "Brotherhood" meant and how little freedom everyone had in this carnage. Until finally the world's leaders put a stop to it.

Well, not really a stop, more like a pact. A century old wound was stitched with pretty promises, and as long as orcs stayed out of trouble, they were allowed in the human cities and elven forests, like equals in the eyes of the law. But people's beliefs were yet to be questioned.

MC was an orc, a soldier like everyone of his kind at that dark and difficult time. The end of the war reached him when he was imprisoned by humans and sentenced to death, and sure enough they let him out the very next day, with little enthusiasm and a promise to "finish the job" as soon as the royal families change their minds about "the greens". So, denied the glory of victory, with no other mastery other than war, he was let free in the world that was neither willing nor ready to accept him.

He turned to mercenary work, quickly realizing that folks were always in need of a strong pair of hands and a quick axe - to deal with wild forest beasts, to teach some bandits a lesson, to protect a group of vendors traveling from A to B... He even joined a mercenary guild - nothing like his Brotherhood, but gave him the feeling of living in a society nonetheless. It all seemed like a fine idea until YC came along.

They weren't exactly enemies - people stop having enemies at this age. They just didn't like each other very much, and being assigned to the same task seemed like a less than necessary pain in the butt. YC was brought up believing orcs to be bloodthirsty savages, and MC, too tired of prejudice at that point, didn't bother to live up to defy this reputation. The task, however, is an exceptionally dangerous one, and soon enough they will have to learn to work together, whether they like it or not.

YC is a young enthusiast who is fascinated with the gift of magic they possess. They know, however, that magic is forbidden, and whoever to use it will immediately be arrested and executed. The law against all kinds of magic was enforced by the king himself, and although the reasons for such severity are vague and strange in the hot heads of the young generation, nobody is bold enough to doubt them.

However, as soon as YC hears a rumor about a retired mage - and not just a mage, but a famous royal guard - stopping in a nearby city for a night in a bed and a pint of beer, they rush to meet him.

The utter disappointment strikes them as they find their hero in a pitiful state: dressed up poorer than beggars, arguing with the bar owner to the last grimy coin, trading his gloves for a refill only to be thrown away a few minutes later for having nothing to pay for the night with. But YC is a stubborn one, so they still decide to test their luck and try convincing the all so desperate man to go illegal and pass on his forbidden knowledge.

YC is a well-known healer who's been arrested for supporting the rebellion. They are sentenced to death by hanging and ordered to be brought to the nearest big city for public execution. The local army, running out of free hands to deliver such precious catch, decided to hire someone to do that for them, not caring much if the healer dies in the process since they've already got paid way above their heads.

MC is the sword for hire they chose - a foreigner who's barely aware of the political disaster that is YC's country. Knowing nothing of the rebellion, not caring much about anything but the task, rarely even speaking because of how difficult the local language is to him, he's the perfect candidate for such job. The road takes three days, four at worst. Is this time enough for YC to convince MC to change his mind and free the prisoner? Will they even try to, or does running away seem like a simpler option? And if the warrior does free them, will they continue their travel as friends or part ways like enemies?

Character A and Character B are childhood friends. Their lives are pretty normal, as normal as it gets, with the most extraordinary thing being news reports that pop out from time to time screaming about yet another unfortunate fellow suddenly gaining superpowers and being exterminated for the sake of humanity. But it seems so far away and unreal that neither of them pays too much attention to it.

That is, until Character A causes a can of soda to explode by the touch of his right hand. From that moment on, everything they touch with that hand tears to pieces, sets on fire and turns to ashes, and it scares the living hell out of them.

Same day, about at the same time Character B discovers they are immortal.

All kinds of anti-mutant squads and police departments are on their tail. Now Character A has to cope with their new talent while struggling not to kill anyone, and if they accidentally do so, it's up to Character B to keep them from descending into madness.

Character A was devastated. The perfect life they've built, the career everyone dreamed of, the goals, the plans - stricken by tragedy, none of this mattered anymore. One rainy, gloomy evening they found themselves all alone, wandering the streets, searching for a relief - whatever that might be - because the search for reasons to live was over and the result was an empty void. And Character B offered such relief.

It wasn't the noblest way to deal with problems, but for all Character A knew it was the only one they haven't tried. Character B was what could be called a low-life, though they themselves preferred the term "free spirit". They didn't care much about the future, owned a bike and a trench coat with the capacity to hold at least seven glass bottles in the pockets without clicking one against another, and seemed generous, suggesting Character A a shot, a ride and a company. So Character A agreed.

This is the point that starts a sequence of events: a few days, if not weeks, of careless drunk adventures in the suburbs, an unhealthy amount of time to fix everything they've done and then a brave attempt to get out of such miserable life. The outcome is uncertain.

YC has had supernatural powers ever since they were a kid, but self-preservation instinct kept them from telling anyone, which turned out to be a very wise idea. Of course, it has occurred to them that there might be more people gifted in such a supernatural way. But as long as they could keep themselves and their loved ones out of trouble, it didn't matter, and the idea of actually searching for evidence seemed ridiculous.

The evidence itself found them accidentally at an underground auction they were attending. Illegal business with a few hundred rich folks present, no photographers and reporters, no particular interest on YC's part until the very last deal that caught their attention almost immediately.

It was a humanoid creature that resembled a fish: all covered in blue-green scales, with a pair of red gills on each side of its neck, membrane on his fingers and toes and a weird-shaped head, it stared blankly at the audience, not moving an inch even when the crowd went crazy and things got too hectic. The second YC saw the creature, they knew they must free it; otherwise they will never get closer to the nature of their powers. But how? Buy it? Distract the guards? Break the iron cage and fight their way out?

Character A is possibly the last of their species. Their planet is now home to a race of mindless predators that almost exterminated the peaceful sentient beings. The sole survivor of the animals' feast, they are hiding in the desert, struggling every day until eventually they run out of food and strength to escape their natural enemies.

Character B is an alien who's spaceship crash-lands on Character A's planet, in the desert where Character A finds them. They don't understand each other's languages and have to communicate in gestures while joining forces to fight off the predators and fix Character B's ship.

That's all for now, folks. If any of these plots caught your attention, please PM me. Hope to hear from you soon!

The Care and Convoy plot catches my eye first, with Aliens and Don't Hug me, I'm Scared close behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back