• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Biblical End Times RP?

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
I'd like to start an RP based on the biblical end times. Because the end times take place in the future, I'll also be adding a sci-fi sort of setting with cybernetics and robots and all that jazz.

The plot will go something like this:

The End is Nigh.

20 years ago, the Great Cataclysm occurred.

Billions of people, in a single instant, disappeared across the world. Vehicles crashed, important machines went unoperated, it was a catastrophe. However, what only made it worse was humanity's response to the disaster. Mass Chaos ensued, and governments soon found themselve's overwhelmed. Many nations were faced with Economic collapse, and turned on each other. This only made things even worse than before. Untold amounts of people are dead.

The Global Welfare Confederation formed in this disaster, to calm things down. While initially benevolent, it quickly became the target of corruption. One of its council members, one Adrian Delmore, managed to negotiate a peace treaty that ended the most terrible conflict between Russia and the Middle Eastern Powers. In addition, he's also begun rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem.

As Adrian Delmore's popularity grows, so does his power. He is now the de facto dictator of the world. He's attempting to set up global banking institutions with a single currency, create a one-world state, and he's even made a global state religion.

However, not all are happy about Delmore's rule. One group in particular, the Yeshuite Coallition, has proven troublesome to Delmore. A cult of people who have readopted "antiquated" ideals from before the cataclysm, and their allies. They are violently opposed to Delmore's rule.

Our characters would be members of the Yeshuite Coallition, who are attempting to organize a rebel militia against the GWC.

I'm going to be using a custom system for this RP, a relatively simple system that I made myself. Here it it is:

(WIP)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an idea with potential.

Is there a particular interpretation of the Abrahamic canon you'd be using?

Grey said:
That's an idea with potential.
Is there a particular interpretation of the Abrahamic canon you'd be using?
It'll mostly be told from a premillenialist protestant interpretation of the canon, simply because that's what I know the most about. There may be occasional nods to Catholicism and other views, though. We'll run into characters with names like "Azrael" for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Grey said, an idea with potential. I would easily find this interesting.

However, if you're going to be Biblical about it... The whole point of the end of the world, or Armageddon, is that we don't know when it's scheduled. It could be next month in December 2014, or it could be in ten years from now. A hundred? I doubt it's too long, because one thing has been said about it: That the Maker would not allow mankind to destroy the Earth. And given how perilously close we are to that, I'd say it could even be during our lifetime (in order to prevent this).

I suppose it's not unrealistic to assume we could reach the technological era of sci-fi before that happens, but what I can't deduce from your introduction is whether the RP takes place just before the End, or if the Great Cataclysm was the End, thus it has already come to pass. In case of the latter it's not Biblical at all, since the world is not supposed to look like what you've described afterwards.

Protestantism and Catholicism both fall under Christianity (together with Orthodoxy). As far as the End is concerned, all three should be no more than a couple pages apart - assuming that we're all reading from the same book, that is *woof*

Technically, just before the end. "The end" hasn't happened yet.

The Cataclysm is what people in this world call the Rapture, which is an event that takes place before the end. We're about 7 years before the world actually ends, a period that's referred to as the Tribulation.

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Oh. Then what caused the Cataclysm? Third World War?

[/QUOTE]
The cataclysm is the Rapture, an event where God takes the saved up to heaven.

Aha! I see. I didn't link it at first because I didn't know that's what it's called in English (which is not my native language).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back