• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beyond the Gate of Death - Dark Fantasy RP

Bunesh

Filled with DETERMINATION
The idea is one that's - I'll admit - pretty ambitious and so will likely require a partner who is able to take the reigns and not just passively follow along. Inspired by Manga such as Berserk and Ubel Blatt, and games such as Dark Soul and Demon Souls, the hook is that there is a Kingdom, one that is starting to discover magical weapons that are a proxy for cannons, though their implementation is still crude. Humans cannot use magic by themselves in this world, requiring an external element to harness the power and unleash it, while the long-lived fair folk has always had magical powers.

The emperor's wife is dying of a terrible disease, one that wracks and tortures the body for months before it finally kills them, and he is determined to save her, no matter the cost. Long have the Fair Folk refused to share the bounty of Yggdrasil, an ancient tree gifted to them by the gods, a tree that grants those who sample its fruits new life. Taboo has prevented kings and rulers from stepping across the threshold of the Dark Forest and claiming the tree and the secrets of the Fair Folk for themselves, until now. Unheeding of the warnings from priests and sages, the King breaks taboo and marches an army across to save his wife by taking the fruit of Yggdrasil.

Ultimately, they are victorious, pushing the Fair Folk out of their ancestral home and claiming the tree but as the king and his generals enter the massive tree to take the fruit, one general has a change of heart, feeling a great sense of wrongness about this. He pleads for the king to reconsider, warning that this will anger the Gods and when the King ignores he issues a threat.

The other general cut him down, under the king's eye, but then they take it a step farther... and kill the king, sewing a false history of betrayal, and how he has avenged the king. To solidify his position as a bringer of justice, he turns his men upon his fallen fellow general's family and their estate, slaughtering them and taking the rich lands for himself.

That was 20 years ago.

Now, the kingdom has prospered greatly under the tree, but a woman has arisen; a woman of unearthly beauty and with pointed ears marking her as descended from the Fair Folk, one hellbent on killing the emperor and all those who supported him and profited from his actions.

Your character would be the offspring of the old emperor - a son or daughter - who was raised under the story that your mother and father were killed by the traitor, and that the new king avenged them both. We can discuss specific details in private

Hmmmm, I'm not familiar with both the mangas and games but I'll give it a shot since the plot is really cool! I'll pm you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back