• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Beware the Red

Raku

Four Thousand Club
New York City
The infection has ravaged the city and many other places in the world for a few hours now. Military forces are beginning to pull out the city and police forces are dead for the most part. Most survivors have moved out of the city, the others are probably dead. Its everyone for themselves, or is it?

Sidney
"Frack!!" was what he had said after the constant hours of shooting lurkers that shambled outside of the small office building. It was one fox, versus at least 15 to 20 lurkers. With the main doors out of question and more lurkers heading towards the site of his gunfire, Sidney needed a plan and fast. Spotting an intact car in the middle of the lurker horde, he took aim at the spot where the fuel tank should have been, and fired. Suddenly a huge cloud of smoke and flames erupted from the now burning sedan and a good chunk of the ever growing horde of lurkers turned towards the sound of explosion. "That will distract them, but I need to still get the hell outa here." Sidney thought as the whole horde went towards the burning car and began to crush it into bits. Quietly as he could, Sidney opened the main entrance to the building and was about to step outside when his tail accidentally hit the bent metal door frame. "FRACK!" Sidney said louder than usual, Then at least 4 to 5 sprinter lurkers spotted Sidney exiting the building and immediately gave chase. Without turning around his ears had picked up the sound of fast paced shambling, "Frack Frack Frack!!!" Sidney said as he burst forward with speed and away from the city outskirts and into the outskirts of the nearby jungle... (An even worse place to be)

GidgetHome/Her ApartmentOh my God where are they?!

Gidget paced across her penthouse loft apartment. She moved towards the window and looked down at the commotion before. They needed to get out of the city. It was going to be hard from where they were at, but the shortest route was east. Jumping over the roofs and scaling the walls before making it to a parking garage near the edge of the city. Gidget already had the plan in order she was just waiting on her roommates. "Where are they?!!" She looked over at her pack wondering if she should just leave them. Clutching her paw into a fist she shook her head, "no, they're my friends. I cant leave them." she turned back around and continued to pace.

Scratching her head, her tail twitched furiously as she paced. She was so antsy she was close to staring to bite her nails again after years of trying to stop. What is taking them? Could they have been killed? Should I just go? Hearing the familiar rustling of the separate lift to their apartment Gidget sighed in relief as finally her friends were back and they could get moving. She couldn't wait any longer if she tried.

(open for interaction)

Daniel Walters
"Davis is down!" Daniel shouted putting another magazine into his rifle. He fired a few more rounds into another target running towards him. "THERE'S TO MANY" a soldier yelled over the sound of gunfire. They formed a defensive line as transports were loaded with civilians behind them. "Changing mag!" another soldier shouted out as he reloaded. "Gotcha!" Daniel said as he covered the cat. More and more zombies were flooding into there position. The MG was running low along with the rest of the ammunition. "Damn! I'm out! Switching to sidea-" a soldier was saying before he was cut off by a zed tackling him to the ground. "Fuck! Simons is dead!" Daniel shouted. They were losing too many men too fast. The sound of tires screeching away meant that transports were leaving. "Last mag!" Daniel shouted as he loaded in his final magazine for his rifle. "29...23...20...18" he counted how many bullets left as he shot. The sounds of screaming pointed out that he just lost another squadmate. "FALL BACK." he shouted before running back to the Humvee. Out of nowhere a zed jumped onto the window. He pulled out his handgun and stuck his arm out the window and fired a few more rounds into the zombie. "We can't get out in this! We have to run!" the driver said as he opened the door. The wolf was quickly hit by another zombie. "Shit!" Daniel shout as hit open his door, bolting for an alley. The MG gunner was too slow and was killed. "FUCK!" Daniel shouted as he tore off his vest. He kept running down that alley way and out onto the next street. It wasn't much better. He turned back, looking for a fire escape. He grasped his rifle in one hand as he pulled himself up a ladder. More zeds were coming down the alleyway. He climbed quickly. He stood on the first level of the fire escape and looked at the horde below. 3 hours, and this happens. What would happen in a few days?

Richie Howard
Richie was scared, confused, worried, all of the negative emotions were bundled up in one mess in his throat as he stood on the edge of a building. He watched as military checkpoints were overrun, transports burning rubber as the zoomed down the street, as so many people died. "How?" he thought. "How could it happen so fast?". More importantly, where is his family?

Sidney​

Stopping to catch a breath Sidney perked up and gazed around, "Shit" he thought, "Not the jungle." The sound of moaning and the cracking of twigs got his attention, the lurkers had followed him to the jungle. "What to do!? What to do!??" Sidney thought as the groans and cracks of branches and undergrowth grew louder. Peering to the right, Sidney spotted a cave which lay just below a small cliff, it looked man made. "There!" He thought out loud and dashed quickly into the cave like entrance. With very little light to come through Sidney let his eyes adjust to the darkness, but instead of finding an empty cave, he instead was met with what looked like a prepper stockpile. The walls were lined with shelves each one labeled something different. "Canned Food, Water, Ammo, Medical Supplies, Backpacks. I'm starving, lets see what's left." Sadly though, most of the food was spoiled through, although he did find a fresh can of beans, as well as a small roll of bandages. Peering to the right of the cave he searched the rest of the shelves and managed to scrounge together 1 bottle of water and a backpack attachment as well as three 9mm rounds. "I'd better fortify this place" Sidney thought as he set to work...

(Open for interaction)​

(Please don't wait for me.)
GidgetHome/Her Apartment
As the lift rose to the top she quickly opened the heavy metal doors. Out toppled one of her two roommates her arm bleeding profusely. "OH my God! Dani! Are you alright?!" Looking back in the elevator she saw it was empty. "Where is Rose?"

Helping her bleeding friend to the couch she went into the back to get some bandages that she hadn't already packed. Coming back she saw Dani begin to cry as she gripped her arm. Sitting beside her, Gidget began treating Dani's wound as she asked calmly. "D where is Rosie? What happened? Please talk to me." Looking at the cleaned wound she saw that it was clearly a bite mark from someone. Ignoring it she listened as she started wrapping the bite wound tightly with the bandages.

"It was awful Gi-gi there were so many of them and they were so fast! I.....They.....They got Rosie....I couldn't protect her. I barely got out of there alive. I....I'm so sorry..." She burst into tears.

Finishing bandaging Dani's wound she placed a gentle hand on her back. "Hey Dani it's alright. You did what you could and you're alive. This isn't your fault, but now we really gotta move. This place isn't safe anymore. We need to go alright?"

Dani nodded and Gidget smiled, "Good let me just grab my pack and we'll jump from the balcony. Don't worry I've done it before it's not that bad. You can do it." Getting up she made her way towards the kitchen where her packs were.

( Raku Raku What's the rule with being bitten?)

(It will take a few minutes for the infection to take effect. The first symptom will be nausea, then vomiting, then the eyes will become bloodshot. After about 10 minutes the aggressive, mindless actions will take place.) The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Daniel Walters
Daniel arose to the roof. He looked upon the smoke stacks of what he could assume was crashed cars catching fire or other flaming attempts to hold the horde. He hooked his rifle to a strap on his side and walked over to the side of the building. Daniel looked down upon the remains of his checkpoint. "Damn" he mumbled as he ripped his eyes away from the site. Many different messages came through his radio. "This is Sergeant Daniel Walters, give me a sitrep. Over"he spoke into his radio. Multiple communications came through but he picked out the important one. "Walters get out of there! The city is being abandoned, we are falling back and regrouping to hold the horde!" another soldier came through. "I'll do what I can. I'm a little stuck here!" he shouted back. No more messages came through. He began to walk down the rooftops, looking for anymore survivors.

Richie Howard
Richie lifted himself from his lowered position. The city looked like hell. Smoke rising from the flames of who knows what and the screams of people being attacked by whatever those things were. Richie thought that any of those screams could be his family. The gunfire began to fade as military forces started to leave the city. He was shocked by this. Even the military couldn't stop what was happening. He was unarmed and scared, how was he to survive?

Desta Ch'ohe--

Desta stood atop of the state's EPA building, her lab coat blowing in the wind as she looked over what had and what was becoming of the city. She should have felt more panicked than she was; however, survival was her middle name, and while the adrenaline rushed, fear was just a whisper in the back of her processing mind. She needed a game plan.

Up high was good...for now and only as far as she knew. Did the infected ones have enough wherewithal to climb? How long would it take before more made their way into the building? They were in the middle of a meeting with the CDC when the first breech of security occurred and - even against their training and better judgement - everyone scrambled. Desta's first thought was to go up. She recalled a couple of others following her, but lost track of them - which was probably to her disadvantage more than anything. She could only imagine how infested the building must be at this point.

As non-military government workers, she and the others were offered one of the first buses out. Most of them left, but the few of them stayed behind to see if they could figure out how to cure this thing... Well, cure or at least slow the effects. In the few hours that this had been a problem, they had ideas of concoctions - some possibly on the verge of something. However, there were several flaws to their experimenting as they really didn't know what they were dealing with and obtaining any 'test subject' would have been a risk not worth taking unless they really had confidence in a supposed antidote. Perhaps their wishful thinking had their heads a little too in the clouds to think they could come up with something and work the kinks out in time.

In any case, that was all beside the point now. She needed to move. She didn't know how long it could take before the zombies could rampage the lab and do enough damage with mixing chemicals that the building may catch on fire...among the many other ways it could be lit aflame. Desta swiftly buttoned the lab coat - as she figured its material could come in handy later - then patted down her cargo pants for her weapons and other little supplies. With everything in order, she began her careful move across building tops (meanwhile thinking of a more efficient way to avoid the ground as long as possible). If she could just get out of the city or to the nearest wooded area, she could hold her own...

GidgetHome/Her Apartment
Sliding the pack over he shoulder she turned back to see Dani try to get up but stumble. "Here Dani let me help you." Assuming it was from the stress she moved over to Dani and helped her to her feet. Leading her over to the balcony they looked over at the edge. She knew it would be a long shot with Dani, regarding her friend's fear of heights, but this was a life or death situation, Dani could over come it.

Dani took a step back and groaned, vomit suddenly covered the tiled floor. Gidget knew Dani was afraid of heights, but this looked serious. She took a few cautious steps towards her friend. "Dani, I know it's high and you aren't feeling well, but I've done this before it's safe I promise." She placed a hand on her back and looked back into the loft. "We have a few minutes to spare, let me get you some water or something." Helping her friend sit down and handing her a trashcan she made her way back into the kitchen.

Turning on the sink she wondered how long it would take for whatever those monsters to follow Dani back. Maybe we should wait it out here. Shaking her head, she put the glass into the water and let it fill up. No, we have to leave. We can't stay in the same place for long. We've already run out of food. There was barely any to pack and Rose didn't make it when she went out for supplies. Her hand shook and she looked down realizing that the water had overflowed the cup. Quickly turning it off she drained the glass to a reasonable amount and made her way back over to Dani.

She placed the glass into her friends hand and smiled at her. Dani's face was hiddened underneath her long bangs. "Don't worry I've got you. We can do this Dani." She saw her friends hands begin to shake as she held the glass. Taking a step back her paw slipped in the vomit. In a usual case she would have freaked out about such a situation, but as her friend shattered the glass in her hand and lunged at Gidget she didn't have much time to complain.

Looking into her bloodshot eyes she stepped back as her friend lunged towards her with rage. "Whoa!" Slipping in the vomit she tumbled over the balcony rail and began to fall quickly towards the ground. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" She was going to die, become a splatter on the sidewalk. Then she remembered the awning from the store beside her, if she could position herself to brace the impact. Hitting the awning she used the split second she latched herself onto the building wall. Heart nearly beating out of her chest she climbed up to a nearby second floor balcony to catch her breath. "Oh my god I almost died." Her hand shook against the handrail as she saw them, the monsters these people became. "I....I....need to move. It's not safe....Dani....and being....Why can't my legs move?" She was in shock.

Daniel Walters
Daniel had ran for a few moments, stopping to look down at the streets below a couple times as well. What he saw could only be described as hell. At on glance he saw two infected slamming into a door across the street as screams of children could be heard from inside. He wanted to shoot the two zeds but he knew it would only attract more. Daniel jumped to get another building and looked down at the streets, no survivors in site.

He was about to hop over to another roof when he heard someone shouting nearby. He looked around for the source, and he found it. From where he was standing, he must have just passed by as she "arrived" at that spot. Daniel walked back several steps until he was in her view. He raised one "hand" to signal he was friendly and looked to the street below. It was beginning to fill with infected. He looked back up to the woman across from him and said in a projected voice "You ok!?". She seemed to be a little shaken up, like she just saw a ghost or something. Daniel looked up and saw a figure at the balcony near the top of the building. "She must've escaped from that" he thought as he awaited a response.
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Sidney
City streets (Near where Suspicious character has been injured)

"Where is my division!!?" Lifting the radio to his ear, Sidney shouted into the comms. "Hey? Where are you??!" Then a loud crash caught his attention, Readying his Thompson and quietly avoiding a few sprinters he made his way to the sound of a voice. "Female at least in her early twenties I think" He thought as he rounded another corner. Taking an alleyway and rounding yet another building's corner Sidney saw from the corner of his eye the source of the voice, up high on a second floor awning was a figure, a female figure. "Hold on!! I'll be up there in a quick minute!!" Bursting through the building's entrance and climbing a maintenance ladder, he was able to make his way to the female citizen who was clinging to the side of a building at the second floor. "Watch out ma'am!!" he said as he busted down the window over her head and reached down for her hand...

GidgetHome/Her Apartment
Still shaking she took a few deep breaths, he tail was bristled and sharp as if she had been electrocuted. Trying her best to calm down she nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard someone speak up. Looking around she saw a fox raising a hand. So there are other survivors...I need to pull myself together. Raising her own free hand she nodded, "y...yeah! I'm just shaken up." Slowly shifting her weight she could feel the huge dent in her backpack that took the impact of her fall. She didn't want to even think about how dead she would be if she hadn't stuffed that backpack like crazy. Looking down she saw the awning destroyed and the collective amounts of zombies growing around the area. Raising her tail close to her, she had to find a way to get higher, she could climb the building, being a squirrel has it's advantages.

However, before she could leap to start climbing a loud voice boomed overhead. She covered her face from the glass and looked up at the paw extended to her. Taking his hand she hopped into the room and looked at him, (not sure what he looks like so I'm going to skip this). Carefully picking the glass off her she spoke a bit annoyed, "Thanks for the hand, but I had it under control. Shouting and breaking glass is just going to alert whatever those things are to our position." She stopped as her ears twitched and she looked over at the doors. She looked to the stranger, "did you see another exit when you came in here?"
Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. Raku Raku

Daniel Walters
Daniel let out a sigh as the squirrel said she was alright. She definitely seemed a little shocked as her tail made it look as if she touched an open wire. He began to think of ways he could get over there safely but before he could speak another voice became evident. Daniel watched as another fox had rushed into the building and to a window above the squirrel. The newcomer appeared to be in military outfit but his weapon did seem a little strange, possibly a pick-up. Daniel adjusted the rifle in his paws he spoke to the two. "I'll be over in a minute. Hold tight!".His gloves weren't rubber so climbing on a electric wire wasn't even a possibility. He could go to ground and spend a few bullets, a little risky. To bad his grenades were with the rest of the equipment he threw away. It seemed that the most plausible way over was the street. He knew it would leave a few more shells on the ground, but they would be well spent for a rescue. Daniel turned around and walked towards a roof access door, rifle ready.

Richie Howard
Richie kept cursing himself, telling him to move on. He was too scared to move, and too worried to leave. He was on a 6 story building over looking a series of lower buildings. To his surprise (and relief) he saw a fox who seemed to be carrying a military grade firearm. The fox seemed to be conversing with someone else in the building across from him. Richie need to find a way to this "group". He looked at the building the other person(s) must have been in and searched for an entry point. "Bingo" he said as his eyes fell upon a window near him. It was 6 stories up, but it was a usual jump for him. Richie took a few steps back, ran forward, and jumped through the window.
Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Sidney
"I did see climb a maintenance ladder to get here and I saw a fire escape out back, however though, when we get to a safe place I need to ask you a few things that are extremely important." Looking back at her, Sidney beckoned her to follow him, after all those things would be honing in on them and they needed to escape, fast. Sidney then let his eyes adjust to the darkness and he led the possibly injured Squirrel towards the fire escape. The sound of footsteps told him that someone was coming, spinning towards the direction of the footsteps Sidney raised his voice slightly and said "This is Sergeant Sidney of the Military!" Then loading the Thompson SMG with a 40 round disk magazine, he got ready to pull the trigger in case it was another of the things instead of it being a living person...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back