• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kir

"How will I ever get out of this labyrinth?"
High school is rough, breakups are harder.

In this story you will live through the eyes of high school students and relive the drama which comes with adolescence. The story will be a combination of instant messenger, in person, and text conversations.

It's summer of 2008 going into your senior year of high school. How will you decide the fate of your senior year?

iphone-Vvay.png

Highschool RP? Lots of interpersonal drama, romance and other of the interesting things that go along with a good highschool roleplay? Where do I sign up? I wanna join!

Also, a few questions:

1 - How many characters are allowed per roleplayer? I prefer roleplaying multiple characters, and generally get bored when limited to just one.

2 - What are the requirements for character sheets? I don't do faceclaims, but I can provide textual character descriptions if required.

Additionally, since I've arrived quite early, I'd like to offer myself to help with anything you need in order for the roleplay to go smoothly.

Highschool RP? Lots of interpersonal drama, romance and other of the interesting things that go along with a good highschool roleplay? Where do I sign up? I wanna join!

Also, a few questions:

1 - How many characters are allowed per roleplayer? I prefer roleplaying multiple characters, and generally get bored when limited to just one.

2 - What are the requirements for character sheets? I don't do faceclaims, but I can provide textual character descriptions if required.

Additionally, since I've arrived quite early, I'd like to offer myself to help with anything you need in order for the roleplay to go smoothly.

Hey!

I'm stoked to see someone is interested in this.

To answer your questions:

1. I think 2 characters would be a good cap.
2. I'll work on a CS template soon depending on how much interest we receive. It wouldn't be super intense. Face Claims are not needed but there will be some extra jazz in the CS. It won't be your average one, that's for sure. Expect screen names, pfps, etc. No BB code needed.

I look forward to working with you on this. Hopefully we gain some interest in the upcoming days.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I really love highschool roleplays. I find they're a lot of fun, I specially love exploring the different characters and how they interact with each other. Romance, friendships, rivalries, drama and more.

1 - 2? Hm... kinda tight, but I can work with it.

2 - Got it. Thanks for not making the faceclaims a requirement. I've legit had to quit really good roleplays over this before. And thanks also for not requiring BB code. That's another reason I've had to drop from pretty good roleplays. I think I can work pretty well with just about anything else you add into the character sheet template. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, I hope more people see this thread and get interested. I'm really looking forward to this.

No BB code or faceclaims required is always pretty great! I'm intrigued by the texting concept. May i ask what amount of paragraphs/words/line are required per post?

AlienLover AlienLover Hey great question. This is something that is kind of hard especially with instant messenger and texts. I'm not a fan of the one line texts but can understand in certain circumstances. I just want it to flow. I usually write at least a paragraph. I'm open to ideas.

Maybe "texting" could have it's own little section while actual physical interactions have another one? Could be nice for if characters are in different locations but don't want to leave those locations. Would also prevent the issue of being left out.

That might be good cause then the characters could text however is appropriate for the character, but we won't have to resort to one liners for actual interactions, which I've always hated personally.

Another good thing about having a seperate texting section is that then if we do have a writing requirement, no one has to try to shoehorn a really boring description of them scratching their nose before hitting send on a text just to meet the requirement, which is also annoying in it's own right

That's a good point. I'm usually a pretty detailed writer - describing the thoughts that are going through my character's head when he/she are speaking. But I hate writing long posts that feel forced. As far as a separate section, I would hate to have multiple pages for people to have to flip between depending on their interaction. We could however break it up in the post. For example; if you and I are texting, but I'm having another conversation with someone in person we could use a divider of sorts.

Example:

My pocket buzzed loudly as we sat quietly next to each other, honed in on the screen in front of us. My face went warm in embarrassment, it was almost like those sitting around me could see how red it was in the darkness of the theater. Glaring eyes and faces of disgust stared at me as I slowly removed my phone from my jeans.

AlienLover 10:45 PM: I'm really interested in this idea

It was about the RP.

I quickly typed away a short response, hoping not to ruin the immersion of those sitting around me.

Kirwinning 10:45 PM: hey im glad ur interestedd, i hope we get some other peeps! gtg!

Red nudged me, "Nice one dude." They said, almost in a hissing tone.
"Sorry, sorry. It was uh.. My mom." I replied quietly, making up an excuse on the spot.

Obviously we won't be writing for other characters but you catch my drift.

That could work too. Curious to hear if anyone has any ideas or opinions on this. In any case, I'm sure it'll be fun ^~^

Tell all your friends and shizzz - I'm probably hopping off for the night. Depending on the type of feedback we get tomorrow / overnight, I'll probably throw up a super cool CS tomorrow evening.

Love yall

~ K.

I still haven't slept. Don't ask me why. Oh yeah CS is up. Let me know if you want some tweaks etc.

AlienLover AlienLover draconicheart draconicheart Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Let me know if there's anything wrong with my form! Very excited for this ^~^
Side note: Will make another character if we need more or if there's a huge gender imbalance. Idk why gender balances are important to me, but just putting that out there

Kir Kir By the way can we raise the character limit to three? I have three characters in mind I really want to use, and I'm finding it hard to pick just two and leave the third one out.

Got it. I'll get to work right away then!

Update: I finished making my character sheets. You can check them out and let me know what you think of them. I'm really excited about this roleplay, and I hope you like the characters I have for this roleplay.

Last edited:
Hey we shore are!

I'm back from my weekend shenanigans but pretty sure I'm still drunk. I'm interested in starting this whenever you guys are :)

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean As of right now I don't think there's really an underlining plot. I figured we could do seasons to break things up. I wanted to start in the Summer, a few weeks prior to school starting and just work forward from there. I feel like each character can have their own individual plot, whether that be to get the girl, get into a good college, etc.

I'm completely open to any ideas you may have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back