• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Better Than Me

Max outside of the gym waiting for her husband to get out from his training. She had been with Clay for over a decade by now and things recently had been going pretty good for the two of them. Both of them had decent jobs, they were able to rent a house now instead of dingy apartments. She prayed he could keep this job though. When they were younger he had a run in with gangs and drug dealing costing him 3 years of his life and now everywhere they went that record followed causing it to be difficult to find work. She hoped soon though if everything stayed sane they could start on a family and make something stable of their lives.

Jon stood in the gym punching away at the bag lettimg out his frustrations and angers on it. Things had been getting harder and harder for him and his family as of late. With the economic decline and him not being able to hold down a job to save this life they were barely making it. He knew his with and daughter were coming back from a minivacation from seeing her side of the family and he was not looking forward to having to tell her that he had to sell the TV to pay off a few bills. Through it all though, this gym was his get away. He was still trying his best to become a boxer and get in on legit fights but yet again he was at a stand still on it all.

Carmen smiled some as she crossed county lines and was officially just ten minutes away from home, Luna was asleep in the back as always on a car journey longer than half an hour and she sent a quick text to Jon to let him know she was gonna come pick him up from the gym so he didn't have to walk. They only had one car between them and she had felt bad keeping it for a whole weekend. "Hey pumpkin, you ready to see Daddy?" She asked her five year old as she eventually pulled up to the gym and Luna was waking up.

Clay sighed quietly, rubbing at his face after splashing water on it. He needed to tell her the truth about his job and he needed to do it sooner than later but the excitement on her face when they'd got the keys to the house they were living in was stopping him now from telling her he had no job anymore. Someone had called in to his boss and given him a detailed description of Clay's past life and gotten him fired. He'd been out of work for almost two weeks now and it was getting harder all the time. He headed out to the main floor again and glanced over at Jon nodding to him. Jon had told him about a couple of underground rings he could try and join and he was going to be heading over to his place tomorrow to discuss details.

Max sat outside smiling wide when she saw Carmen pull up with Luna in the back. She ran over and waved happily after had cut her car off "Hey girl!" She said happily looking over at Luna and waving at her as well "Hi there sweetheart." She murmured before turning her attention back to Carmen "How was the trip to your family?" She asked

Luna grumbled some as she woke up but smiled at the mention of her dad "Yes! I wanna see daddy." She said happily. When she saw Max come by she waved and waited patiently only squealing loud when she saw Jon come out "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!!!" She exclaimed reaching for him when he opened the door

Jon saw his phone light up as he finished up and sighed heavily seeing her text. He took gis gloves off and nodded to Clay as he saw him leaving before he made his way back to the lockerroom to freshen up. Once that was done he made his way outside already seeing Max and his wife talking eachothers ears off while Clayton sat in his car "Hey babe." He said softly before he looked at his daughter and opened the door "Hey there princess! Oh I missed you!" He said happily giving her a big hug. He may not have been happy with his life at the moment, but he could say that his daughter was the best thing to happen to him.

Carmen smiled some and chatted with her a little, waving to Clay who seemed grumpier than usual but let it slide until Jon finally came out and she said bye to Max, headin over to Jon and slipped her arms arond him tightly, "Hey there handsome, we missed you... I brought you back some of my Dad's cookies." She smiled kissing him gently, "You survive a weekend home alone?" She asked him quietly and got in the car to drive them home finally. She knew they weren't in the best place right now but she loved him more than anything and she knew their little family just worked so much better as a unit than it would broken up.

Clay smiled some at Carmen but got in the car, crossing his arms over his chest until max got in, "Let's just get straight home." He mumbled, rubbing at his face a little. He was stressed beyond belief with everything and Max being in sucha good mood lately was just making it worse becasue he didn't want to be the reason that ended.

Max saif goodbye to Carmen once Jon came over and went over to Clay smiling happily "Hey baby." She said softly but soon frowned when she saw his demenour "Whats wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked as she started to drive with them home. She had no clue what was going on with him but it was starting to worry her. He always seemed on edge around her and especially when she would ask how his day was.

Jon held her close for a moment kissing her cheek gently before he got in the car nodding some "Yeah I did." He murmured giving a heavy sigh before he turned to look at Luna letting her chat his ear off about all the things they had done with her grandparents. He was quiet with Carmen lately, not knowing what to really say to her these days.

Carmen smiled tiredly as they finally got home and she helped their little girl get her stuff up to her room and she took her own bag up to theirs before heading back down to get a drink, pausing once she got in the kitchen, backing up and looking at the bare wall in the lounge "Jon!" She called to him on the back porch "Jon... where the fuck is the TV?" She questioned him frowning.

He flinched a little and looked at her nodding "Yeah, everything is uh, it's all fine." He mumbled "Why'd you ask?" He jumped out the car when they got back and headed straight inside, grabbing the mail off the mat and passed her the stuff for her before taking his upstairs and going through it in the study privately, jumping out of his skin when she came in.

Max frowned as they got home and sighed heavily when he ran inside. She followed him into the study and sat next to him "Clay baby talk to me....you're starting to worry me." She said softly taking his hand in hers rubbing the back of it with her thumb "Talk to me my love."

Jon sighed heavily as they.got home and made his way to the back porch to.chill out. He frowned when he heard her yell and sighed heavily "I um...I had to sell it to keep the lights amd water on." He admits running a hand over his face before he lit up a cigarette "I'm going to a few open interviews tomorrow."

She frowned staring him down "How much did you lose this time?" she muttered watching him. He'd got lucky the first few times he'd gambled and there on in just went downhill. "Jon... We're going to end up on the streets if you can't stop." She mumbled, kissing his cheek, "I don't know why you don't just go to the gym and ask them to give you a trainer position." She pleaded, holding onto him tightly, "Me and Luna need you." She told him.

He frowned taking a deep breath and just gripped at her hand for a minute, swallowing heavily. "I lost that job." He mumbled. "Two weeks ago... Someone called them up and told them about my past and they said they couldn't have someone working there who might cause trouble." He muttered

Max frowned deeply and gave a heavy sigh "Well....we will make this work. We can find you another job and it'll work out." She said softly before she leant over and kissed him lovingly keeping herself close to him "I love you so much Clay, don't hide these things from me okay?"

Jon gave a heavy sigh taking a drag from his cigarette "I lost enough...I know okay! I'm fucking trying! I don't know what to do." He said shaking his head some more "They would never take me. They say I'm not stable enough." He muttered

She frowned, cupping his face and looking at him, "Bullshit. You know your stuff." She muttered "Why don't I talk to Mark? He can help you get in there... The first thing they would do is put Luna in the system away from us and I'm not losing my daughter." She told him seriously, kissing his cheek. "Go get showered, I'll find something for dinner okay?" she coaxed, going back inside and to the kitchen, shaking a little from the stress of everything.

He frowned some, "No you don't... No one will fucking hire me!" He snapped. "Trust me I've tried." He muttered "That was my last fucking option.... Nobody wants an ex convict." He muttered "Face it, I'm fucking useless!" He snapped, standing up and going downstairs again and out of the house to go for a walk before he really snapped on her

Jon gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Alright I'll talk with him." He murmured before stomping out his cigarette and going to take a quick shower. He made his way down after smiling wide as Luna ran over to hug him "Hey there princess how are you?" He asked happily before picking her up

Max sighed more and shook her head some "Clayton wait!" She called as he started to leave running after him "What about the gym?! I'm sure Mark would hire you!" She said moving to hold him "Come on babe please."

"I get a job there and Jon would murder me himself! He's been trying for a year!" He snapped at her "Walk away... Walk away before I hurt you." He told her seriously and kept walking down the street, feeling the anger rising in him like it used to.

Luna smiled reaching to be picked up and cuddled him tightly "Daddy how come you didn't come see grandma and grandpa too?" She asked him curiously. Truth was Carmen had spent the whole trip arguing with them about why she was still with him and why she was still making things work and they hadn't liked him from the start. They'd not even shown up to the wedding.

Max stepped away from him and frowned more before she ran off crying quietly to her room crying. She hadn't seen that side of him since he had gone in and it scared her. It wouldn't have been the first time he had laid his hands on her but she had forgiven him.

Jon held her close and gave a small sigh "Well baby I had to do a few things here." He said softly kissing her cheek. He knew his relationship with his in-laws was strained to say the least and he knew he was not welcomed at their house. He could never tell Luma that though, she wouldn't understand any of it.

She accepted that and just held onto him tightly until carmen called that dinner was ready, getting down and went to get her food happily, sitting at the head of the table while carmen passed out plates of chicken nuggets and fries that she found in the freezer. “I’ll do some groceries in the morning.” She mumbled, rubbing Jon’s back while she sat next to him tiredly.

Clay walked for what felt like ages before he headed home again and checked the time seeing it was now almost 10pm but he walked in and headed up to bed seeing all the lights were out, going to lay down with her, pulling her in closer and buried his face into her hair.

Jon gave a small nod and sighed softly "Food stamps came in yesterday so we should be okay." He said softly shaking his head some as he looked at her. She deserved so much more than what he gave her "You deserve better." He whispered to her giving her hand a squeeze before he ate. Once they were done and Luna was bathed and in bed he layed with Carmen just falling asleep immediately next to her.

Max got herself dinner and up to bed not waiting up for him at all. She frowned when she felt him come to bed "Goodnight Clay.." she whispered before she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep

She frowned when he fell asleep before she could say anything but gently slipped her arms around him and fell asleep snuggled into his chest.

Clay frowned some kissing her cheek pulling her in close to his chest, “I love you.” He mumbled falling asleep with her.

Jon woke up in the morning and sighed softly looking over at Carmen. He frowned more when he heard crying and footsteps running into the room seeing Luna come in "Hey hey whats wrong?" He asked softly pulling her to sit on the bed with him

Max woke up early that next morning and got up to make breakfast for Clay sighing heavily. She glanced over at him once she heard him come in and waved "Hey breakfast it almost done, coffee is ready."

Luna frowned pouting at her dad and shook her head. “Daddy I had bad dream that you got taken away.” She cried quetly as carmen was starting to wake up rubbing at her face some but kissed both their cheeks and got up to get ready for the day.

Clay frowned and kissed her cheek. “Thank you.... Jon texted me last night. He got both of us a job for tonight. Cash in hand kinda thing. That might have to be what I do for a while but it’s better than nothing. I’ll be out late so don’t wait up for me okay?” He murmured holding her close.

Jon frowned and held her ckose shaking his head some "Oh no baby I'm sorry. I promise you I'm not going anywhere okay?" He said softly to her and soon took her downstairs for breakfast

Max gave a small nod not making eye contact with him "Be careful....and if its illegal...please don't get caught. I can't do another three years without you." She said softly before shw turned the stove off and made plates for the two of them

He frowned kissing her cheek. “I love you. I’m gonna make this work.... max I am not letting you lose this house.... it’s not gonna happen.” He promised lifting her chin to make her look at him. “I love you.”

Carmen came back out to the kitchen a short while later sending Luna back up to get dressed for school. “You’re coming to the store with me.” She told jon kissing his cheek. “You overdo it yesterday? You conked out pretty quickly last night” she murmured swaying with him. “You know I swiped some condoms from my brothers room yesterday... we could have some fun tonight.” She winked kissing his nose.

Max looked at him and shook her head softly "I just don't want to loose you." She whispered before she kissed him gently and went to sit at the table with their food

Jon nodded some and chuckled softly as he swayed with her "Yeah a little." He murmured before pecking her lips "Oh really? Well I definitely will never be apposed to that." He murmured

She smiled and kissed his cheek. “I love yo- oh hey you ready?” She asked Luna happily as she came down and kissed her head. “Let’s get you to school.” She’d at least get free meals there. She piled them both into the car before heading out.

Clay smiled and kissed her head. “You’re not going to.... promise.” He murmured and kissed her cheek, starting to place kisses all over her face neck and shoulders smiling as she got giggly.

Max giggled some as his beard started to tickle her face and neck "You better stop mister or else we'll end up naked in here again." She teased pushing on him lightly

Jon smiled happily as Luna came down for school and followed Carmen out to take her to school "I've got something going on this evening with Clay...I'll be home late alright?" He said softly once they dropped off their daughter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back