• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Better Than Me

Max gave a small nod as she leaned into him a bit "Yeah I have a quick family shoot at the studio." She said softly before closing her eyes and relaxing under the hot water "How did you sleep?"

Jon thanked her for the food and went to sit down with her. Though he frowned when he heard her say Luna had been crying "I'll walk and get her if need be, its not too far away." He murmured softly to her. He was thankful that her school was only a block or two away from them, it made things easier with only having 1 car

“Not great. My body is sore. It’s been so long since I’ve been in the ring.” He grumbled a little and kissed her head gently, swaying with her some.

she nodded thanking him quietly and kissed his cheek, sitting down with him. “You know... with work not pulling in as much as it should... I could always go back to the club.... Norman would take me back no questions asked.. it takes in the cash.” She pointed out.

Max gave a small nod and kissed him gently "Take the day off from the gym today okay? Let you body rest and heal properly." She murmured softly to him

Jon frowned more and shook his head some "No...no I told you that once you left that place you would never have to go back." He muttered taking a deep breath kissing her gently "I won't let you be that way again."

“I gotta go in to collect my money. I couldn’t stick around last night cause... well I just couldn’t.” He mumbled rubbing at his face some. “But I’m only gonna do a run today. What do you wanna do for dinner tonight?” He asked her, scrubbing himself down.

she frowned kissing his nose. “I will do what I need to to help my family. I wouldn’t suggest it if I wasn’t comfortable with it.” She promised kissing his head and sat down with her tea.

Max gave a small nod before she started to wash up as well giving a shrug "Well its only breakfast time so I haven't really thought much about dinner yet." She said before laughing some "Anything in particular that you want?"

Jon gave a heavy sigh and nodded some still hating the idea of her having to go back to work there "I'll find a job babe, I promise." He murmured giving her hand a squeeze before he finished eating

She smiled and pecked his cheek “I’ll see you later okay? Get some ice on your knuckles.” She murmured going to get changed and head in to go to work at a local Denny’s.

“I know but I’m already hungry for dinner. I don’t know.” He grumbled a little and washed down, getting out and going to get into some joggers and nothing else if he was gonna be at home.

Jon gave a nod and smiled some as she came back down the stairs "Have a good day babe. I love you." He murmured kissing her goodbye while he walked her to the door

Max nodded some and got out with him before she started to get dressed for work after she dried her hair "Can you take the trash out and do the dishes for me while you're here?" She asked as she started to rush to get her shoes on once she saw the time.

He gave her a salute and smiled some watching her go "Yes ma'am." He told her yawning some and going to get himself some cereal and watch TV for a little while until he got bored and he got ready to go for his run, getting the quick chores done first though. He was really working hard to make sure she had no complaints for him on anything else except the job situation.

The schol called the house a couple hours later when they couldn't get ahold of Carmen's cell and got through to Jon "Mr. Bernthal, Luna needs to be picked up early, she's been poorly all morning and we think it's best if she goes home. Her teacher can e-mail your wife to give her the work she's missed." The receptionist told him and agreed she'd have her ready and waiting in the front office for him.
She was half asleep and just looking a little paler than usual while she sat with her backpack and coat, looking up when he got there and perked up just a little, reaching for him to pick her up "Daddy I was sicky." She mumbled.

Jon stayed at home doing a few chores so that Carmen didn't have to later before he got on the computer and tried to find jobs. He sighed heavily when he got the call from Luna's school quickly making hid way up there afterwards. He gave her a sad smile and nodded softly "I know baby, come on lets go home." He murmured before he signed her out. He picked her up as they walked out and started their walk home

Max came home after her shift smiling wide at the chores done and Clay asleep on the couch in his running outfit. She went over and shook him lightly "Hey handsome, I'm home." She said softly to him

She frowned and held onto him tightly, watching the way the administrator looked him up and down and asked for ID even though he'd been a hundred times to pick her up. She rest her little head on his shoulder while he carried her home though and watched the ground "I'm sorry for getting in the way." She mumbled, pouting some.

He groaned a bit and looked up at her, rubbing at his face, "Hey.... What time is it?" HE mumbled, slowly pulling himself to be sat up and stretched out, going to pull his clothes off to go in the laundry, walking back to her in just his boxers and slipping his arms around her

Jon frowned some and held her close to him "What are you talking about princess? You're not in the way." He said softly rubbing her back a bit while they kept going "You're never in the way."

Max smiled some "Its almost 5." She murmured before she folded up the blanket he had been using "Thank you for doing the dishes." She said happily while she swayed with him "Do you need to car to pick up the money?"

She frowned some and just held onto him, sniffling a bit "Daddy I don't like being sicky. The other kids told me I have to go play by myself so they don't catch it." She whimpered some, just holding onto him tighter and burying her face into his shoulder.

He shook his head, "Not yet. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow cause I'm down there anyway." He murmured, pulling her in close "Mmm... Work go okay?" He asked her quietly, running his fingers through her hair.

Jon frowned more as he listened to her and shook his head "Baby girl they just don't understand." He said quietly kissing her cheek gently "You are perfect in everyway understand me? Don't ever let them make you think different." He said quietly making her look at him

Max gave a small nod and kissed him gently "It was fine, did you figure out what you want for dinner?" She asked wrapping her arms around his neck and swaying some with him

She just nodded and waited til they got home, getting snuggled up on the couch with him while he was on his computer, attached to her Dad's side all afternoon until Carmen got home and rushed straight through to their bedroom, missing him and Luna completely while their little girl had fallen asleep.

He shook his head, yawning some, "No... Figured you could decide." He murmured,stretching out again and went upstairs to get different comfy clothes on, coming back down in a muscle shirt and sweats, sitting on the couch and pulling her in close.

Jon smiled some when he heard Carmen come home. He moved Luna out of the way gently before he went to his wife "Hey beautiful how was work?" He asked quietly before he pulled her in close kissing her gently

Max rolled her eyes and laughed softly "Cheeseburger Mac n Cheese it is then." She said softly before he left to go get changed. She made her way to the kitchen to start on the food

He grumbled a little when she wasn’t in the lounge and followed her to the kitchen, laying his arms over her shoulders from behind. “Mmm... you smell nice today.” He mumbled kissing up the side of her neck.

she shrugged a little and kissed his cheek, setting her tips on the dresser. “It was decent enough.” She frowned some. “They called me to let me know she’d been picked up... she okay?” She asked, just feeling stressed

Max tensed softly as she felt his lips on her neck and smiled softly "Mmm thank you. Can I help you?" She asked with a small smirk while she continued to cook

Jon nodded some giving a heavy sigh "Yeah....she wasn't feeling well. They told me she had thrown up." He murmured shakimg his head a bit "She told me the other kids were picking on her, saying she couldn't play with them because she was sick." He explained startinf to get a bit ticked off at it "Had my fucking daughter so upset she tells me she is sorry for being in the way...like she is a goddamn burden to us."

Carmen frowned and watched him some, "I have a meeting with the principal tomorrow, I can talk to him then." She mumbled, rubbing at her face some. She'd always wanted a big family but their finances would never be able to cope at the moment and she loved her daughter more than anything so to hear that she was miserable was devastating. "I might keep her off til the weekend... If I went back to the club... both of us would be around at different points... Maybe home schooling is the way to go for her." She frowned some, just worrying about her.

He smiled some, "I'm just kissing my wife... Enjoying her being home... Feeling better that there's no more secrets between us." HE mumbled, starting to nibble at her sweet spot when he heard the doorbell go and he groaned a little, going to answer it but frowned when he saw who was on the other side. "Babe! Your parents are here with suitcases!" He called to her as he opened it "Hey, this is a surprise." He said with a strained smile.

Jon frowned shaking his head a bit "Home schooling? How would that work if I have a fight one night? Or if I can't do much for her because of it?" He asked taking a deep breath "Fuck I'm a worthless goddamn father." He muttered with his head in his hands "I can't even provide properly for my family."

Max laughed lightly and smiled happily as he continued to kiss her. She pouted when she heard the doorbell and went wide eyed when she heard it was her parents. She turned the stove off and rushed into the room giving a smile "Mom! Dad!"

She frowned, moving around the room and getting out of her work uniform, gently pushing him to sit down on their bed and kissed his cheek. "Hey, hey look at me... I don't wanna hear that alright? It's just one solution of many okay? We will find what works best but no matter what you are the best father she could ask for." She promised him, kissing his cheek and kneeled behidn him once she was in her sleep shorts and tank, massaging his shoulders, "We both love you so much." She murmured to him.

He frowned some a little and quietly, slipped away to upstairs to try and hide for while but eventually came back down to hear that they were making their way around the country and they'd thought they'd stop here for a surprise visit for a week. "A week? Are you sure? I mean both of us are gonna be working and-" He was cut off by Max and just sighed a little watching her.

Jon sighed heavily and squeezed her hand gently keeping her close to him "I love you too....I just...I want you to be happy and to have a good life. Not scrounging by with barely anything." He mumbled

Max listened to her family and smiled happily at them "Nonsense Clay it'll be okay." She said happily. She hadn't seen her parents in years and she was happy to see them again.

She frowned and draped her arms over his shoulders and pressed her face into the top of his head. "I am happy. I have a husband who puts himself through hell to provide for us and who loves his daughter more than anything and me, our little girl has her ups and downs but she's perfect to us." She murmured, rubbing his chest gently, "Stop worrying... The only way you can really help me be happier... is if you can quit the gambling." She mumbled, seeing the receipts on his dresser while she kneeled behind him. "Please... That would make my life easier." She mumbled.

He just nodded and tok their uitcases up to the guest room, heading back down and going to help Max finish up dinner, "I have a fight tomorrow babe... This is not going to end well." He warned her despite the fact that when it came to her parents she never listened to a damn word he had to say. They didn't trust him for a moment and had made that abundantly clear over the past ten years.

Jon gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "I'm trying babe I promise you I am." He mumbled before he leaned into her a bit and kissed under her chin "How did I ever grt so lucky?" He asked quietly to her

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "Its going to be fine, if they have anything to say I'll deal with them." She murmured kissing his cheek before she set out dinner

She smiled some, "Walked into the wrong bathroom on your first day.... Blushed bright red as I've ever seen." She winked at him, "You were adorable... And then you sealed the deal when you hurt him." She frowned some, holding him tighter for a moment, burying her face into the crook of his neck til she heard movement coming from the living area, heading in to go see her little girl, "Hey there princess, how you feeling? You think you can keep down some of Mommy's soup and toast?" She asked her, sitting with her and pulled her in close as she could.

He sighed a little but nodded and kissed her head, going to sit down at the table and endured the conversatioin about him not having a job again but explained he was using the time to do the housework and be at the gym, asking about a job every day, clearing the table when they were all done and heading up to bed early, his back starting to ache after yesterday.

"Sweetheart, how much longer are you going to put up with this for? At this rate you'll never be able to afford buying a house of your own together and you won't be able to afford a child." Her mother warned her frowning some, "I know you love him, I understand that but sometimes that just isn't enough to keep something together." She muttered.

Max frowned at her mother shaking her head some "Not only do I love him mom but I am happy in my life with him. We are finally starting to get on our feet. My job is good for bills and ge will find one." She explained giving a heavy sigh "We're making things work."

Jon smiled some as Luna immediately reached for cuddles and gave a small nod "I'll get it all set up for you." He murmured knowing it was just simple chicken noodle soup but Luna refused to eat it if Carmen didn't make it herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back