Beth Byrne

Dusky

Succubus
.bethbyrne { position: relative; background-image: url('https://i.gyazo.com/fb27e525e3dce2130174b2830fb40f21.png'); background-repeat: repeat-y; background-size: 10%; background-position: left; padding: 15px 15px 15px 11%; } .bethbyrne .head { position: absolute; z-index: 2; width: 89%; } .bethbyrne .body { margin-top: 150px; } .bethbyrne .bubble { height: 100px; width: 100px; border-radius: 50%; overflow: hidden; float: right; margin: 0px 10px; transition: height 2s, width 2s; z-index: 2; } .bethbyrne .bubble:hover { height: 300px; width: 300px; } .bethbyrne img { border: 0px; margin: 0px; } .bethbyrne .bubble img { position: relative; top: -2px; left: -2px; min-width: 104%; min-height: 104%; } .bethbyrne .info { background-color: #D5D8DC; color: #5a5a5a; overflow: hidden; max-height: 0px; z-index: 2; transition: max-height 2s ease 3s, transform 2s ease 3s, padding 2s ease 3s, width 2s ease 3s; } .bethbyrne th:hover .info, .bethbyrne .info:hover, .bethbyrne span:hover + .info, .bethbyrne span + .info:hover { max-height: 300px; overflow: auto; padding: 10px; transition: max-height 2s ease 0s, transform 2s ease 0s, padding 2s ease 0s, width 2s ease 0s; } .bethbyrne span:hover + .info, .bethbyrne span + .info:hover { width: 74%; } .bethbyrne h1, .bethbyrne h2, .bethbyrne h3 { font-family: IM Fell DW Pica; } .bethbyrne .chart { max-width: 100%; overflow-x: auto; } .bethbyrne td, .bethbyrne th { padding: 0px 5px; min-width: 75px; } .bethbyrne th { text-align: left; font-family: IM Fell DW Pica; min-width: 75px; } .bethbyrne th:hover, .bethbyrne th:hover + td, .bethbyrne td:hover { background-color: #D5D8DC; color: #5a5a5a; } .bethbyrne .complete:before { content: url('http://www.copyright.com/resources/commerce/images/icon_circle_green_check.png'); } .bethbyrne .interview { max-width: 600px; margin: auto; display: block; } .bethbyrne .text { max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 2s; } .bethbyrne .interview:hover .text { max-height: 500px; overflow: visible; transition: max-height 2s; } @media (min-width: 500px) { .bethbyrne .info { position: absolute; right: 10px; transform: translateY(-50%); width: 33%; } } @media (max-width: 499px) { .bethbyrne .info { position: absolute; left: 25px; margin-right: 25px; } }

large.the_defeated_soldier_of_autumn_by_nataliadrepina-d6v2e2a.jpg.3d70f5b83b0243aea0cd846e4cba536e.jpg

large.october_winds_by_gothessa-d31ejsk.jpg.4c57a0c9c055186a872d3f49e8dee2ac.jpg

large.buried_autumn_by_nataliadrepina-d6v2d4t.jpg.af5dcfef79a9ebd1abd2559de28ca7fa.jpg

Beth Byrne

Obsession

What happened to Phoebe?

Wisdom

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◇◇◇

Gnosis

Concept

Taciturn Detective-of-Sorts

Virtue

Truth-Seeking

Vice

Arrogance

Path

Moros

Order

n/a

Legacy

n/a

Size

◆◆◆◆◆ 5

Health

Size+Stamina

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ 7

Speed

5 + Strength + Dex

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ 9

Willpower

Resolve + Composure

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ 7

Initiative

Dex+Comp

◆◆◆◆◆◆ 6

Defense

(Wits or Dex, whichever is lower) + Athletics

◆◆◆◆ 4

Order, Legacy, Rotes, and Praxes all n/a for the time being.

Aspirations

Long Term

Make peace with the (metaphorical or literal) ghost of the spurned boy who committed suicide in her Junior year of high school.

Short Term

Make use and discover the limits of this new power.

Short Term

What's up with this white ribbon she found and the ghost man she followed to it?

Attributes

Primary
Mental

Secondary
Social

Tertiary
Physical

Intelligence

◆◆◆◇◇

Presence

◆◆◆◇◇

Strength

◆◆◇◇◇

Wits

◆◆◇◇◇

Manipulation

◆◇◇◇◇

Dexterity

◆◆◇◇◇

Resolve

◆◆◆◇◇

Composure

Awakening +1

◆◆◆◆◇

Stamina

◆◆◇◇◇

Skills

Primary
Mental

Secondary
Physical

Tertiary
Social

Academics

◆◆◆◇◇

Athletics

Specialty: Running

◆◆◇◇◇

Animal Ken

◇◇◇◇◇

Computer

◆◇◇◇◇

Brawl

◇◇◇◇◇

Empathy

◇◇◇◇◇

Crafts

◆◇◇◇◇

Drive

◆◇◇◇◇

Expression

◇◇◇◇◇

Investigation

Specialty: ???

◆◆◆◇◇

Firearms

◆◇◇◇◇

Intimidation

Specialty: Stare Down

◆◇◇◇◇

Occult

◆◇◇◇◇

Larceny

◇◇◇◇◇

Persuasion

◇◇◇◇◇

Politics

◆◇◇◇◇

Stealth

◆◆◇◇◇

Socialize

◇◇◇◇◇

Science

◆◇◇◇◇

Survival

◆◇◇◇◇

Streetwise

◆◇◇◇◇

Weaponry

◇◇◇◇◇

Subterfuge

◆◆◇◇◇

Merits

Common Sense

Your character is exceptionally grounded and pragmatic, and can usually be depended upon to make sound, straightforward decisions after a few moments’ thought. The Storyteller can make a reflexive Wits + Composure roll once per chapter for your character if he is about to embark on a disastrous course of action, or if you find yourself at a point in the story where you are completely stumped for ideas. If the roll succeeds, the Storyteller may point out the risks of a particular course, or suggest possible actions that your character can take that might get events back on track. Note:While you are free to ask the Storyteller for a Common Sense roll when you’re out of ideas, he is under no obligation to comply. It's an aid, not a crutch. Available at character creation only.

◆◆◆◆

Eye for the Strange

While your character does not necessarily possess a breadth of knowledge about the supernatural, she knows the otherworldly when she sees it. By perusing evidence she can determine whether something comes from natural or supernatural origin. Roll Intelligence + Composure. With a success, the Storyteller must tell you if the scene has a supernatural cause and provide one piece of found information that confirms the answer. With an exceptional success, she must give you a bit of supernatural folklore that suggests what type of creature caused the problem. If the problem was mundane, an exceptional success gives an ongoing +2 to all rolls to investigate the event, due to her redoubled certainty in its natural causation.

◆◆

Danger Sense

+2 to detect ambush

◆◆

Direction Sense

Character can always sense where North lies.

Trained Memory

Memorize information perfectly; roll to memorize for entire scene (i.e. everything a character could sense in a given moment) instead of specific information or sensory input

Arcana

Death

Ruling Arcana

◆◆◆

Fate

Matter

Ruling Arcana

◆◆

Mind

Prime

Time

Inventory

Pure Flavor

WHITE RIBBON

A ribbon found on the lid of a low, dark mausoleum after following a man who seemed oddly out of time into a graveyard. Beth is not superstitious, exactly, but she keeps the ribbon on her in case she runs into that man again.

LEATHER JACKET

A small act of rebellion – Fi Byrne, her grandmother, and Cael Byrne, her grandfather, ostensibly opposed all things vaguely reminiscent of Alanna Byrne, her mother. That this extended into the realm of clothing materials was, to Beth, silly. In a fit of brattiness, Beth purchased the jacket as Fi stormily looked on, donned it as Cael admonished her, and her grin never faltered. “You look like one of those kids now, Beth,” lamented her poor grandmother.

She had not planned for it to dissuade the more cowardly souls from approaching her – this was a pleasant surprise.

NOTEBOOK

Rosalyn watches the dark-haired girl rise from her peripherals. Silently, she pushes her chair out and stalks out of the door. Not a word to anyone. As the hinges bring the door swinging back shut, Rosalyn lets out a sigh and returns her attention to her work, squinting at the laptop screen.

She could at least-

“She could at least say something, you know?” says Priscilla, Rosalyn’s other roommate, mirroring her own thoughts exactly. Rosalyn turns to look at the voice and sees with surprise that she is fingering what appears to be Beth’s jealously guarded notebook.

“What’s going on in your head, Beth…?” mutters Priscilla, opening the pages.

Later, Rosalyn will wish she had told Priscilla to put Beth’s things away and mind her own business. She does not. She instead moves to sit next to Priscilla and peer over her shoulder.

The page falls open to – a leaf? Flitting through the notebook, it becomes apparent there are many leaves, collected and pressed tightly. Huh. Never thought her the sentimental sort. The pages themselves are full up, doodles and the odd equation punctuated by journal-style entries.

Jan 1

Out with the old in with the new

Why this feeling something broke? And what?

I should continue studies.

Feb 3

Some days are more wrong than others.

Variation caused by proximity? Variation czd by intensity? Surging, travelling?

But what?

May 18

The answers do not exist. It is a nameless feeling. Not sure I can accept this.

“Uhh…” Rosalyn is about to suggest they simply put the journal back where they found it and avoid Beth for the duration of their remaining college careers when Priscilla turns the page again, greedy eyes scanning for more. This is a list. It does not appear to be written in any order except that by which Beth had thought of them – so, roughly categorical, if you have a critical eye.

Research:

ESP

Trajectories

Height of Farfax Condominium building

Falling Acceleration

Neurological action at death

Local rumor – try social media?

Malaise

Schizophrenia?

Emotional Dependence

W. H. Auden

Family history?

Weather

Recent trends

Prediction

Just as Rosalyn thinks she can’t take much more, a hand pulls the book from Priscilla’s lap. She looks up in surprise. Dark eyes framed by impossibly long eyelashes. Shock of tangled black hair. Reproach written on a deceptively soft face. But the lips do not move to scold. Beth simply takes the book without a word, sits at her desk, and begins to scribble in it with an old fountain pen.

FOUNTAIN PEN

Just something about the way the ink is drawn from between her fingertips. Like it’s the black inside her coming out. Fountain pens do bleed more easily – but that’s exactly why she likes them.

HAND SANITIZER

Cleanliness is next to godliness, and Beth always did think highly of herself. She didn’t always clean herself so frequently, though. Sometimes she still sees the explosion of red.

SUNGLASSES

She’s good at keeping her thoughts to herself, but the sunglasses help, and they dissuade people from talking to her. Nobody knows if she’s looking at them, either.

An Interview

large.questions1.jpg.8e0d732fe8aeb8ca807dac196cd4fcaf.jpg

What is the worst thing you've ever done?

Look... I'm only answering this because I'm compelled by an outside force. Introspective honesty with others is uncharacteristic of me. Got that? Great. It wasn't the cheating that was bad of me. It was the whole... thing. I can't say I ever loved him, but I let him love me as it suited me. It was nice to be respected and it's not like I ever asked for it and - look. I didn't know he would kill himself.

large.questions2.jpg.e906ae3df213499b7cdb70c377e0c05a.jpg

What is the worst thing you can imagine yourself doing?

Well, violence is an emphatic no. Far too involved. But I do very little good, either... I may deny someone at a crucial moment, may be more invested in my own ends than in someone else's well-being. And maybe not for a good reason, either.

large.questions3.jpg.9fc124e5e90879983a87421ef527655f.jpg

What is the worst thing you can imagine someone else doing?

Ignorance is a sin - of the fundamental variety, rather than biblical. The worst thing a person can do is turn away, in mind or in body, from what any part of them knows is there.

large.questions4.jpg.5a089a4bffcc5bdac27412899f4b5dbe.jpg

What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to you?

We're really getting to know each other, aren't we? He jumped. He landed. At my feet. I don't have any more to say about it.

large.questions5.jpg.ce90733b960b0c0440f142cbeecce2c7.jpg

Strange things happen in every life - what have you forgotten?

The hell's that mean? How am I supposed to tell you if I've forgotten? It's a moot point, regardless; I don't forget things. Ever. (She got so used to it she doesn't even register it anymore, the way the shadows move for her. Their dances are consigned to sub-consciousness.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grey I, uh... I got a little carried away making edits to her sheet...

But this is pretty much done, besides the Investigation specialty I PMed you about.

Oh, and when in doubt, or if you want more info, or whatever, hovering usually pulls up more info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back