News BETA: HTML Is here! (Big Code Update) Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it in your private workshop first?  And we don't instaban for accidents, we know there's a certain learning curve going on.  Mainly we're looking to prevent hostile and malicious actions.

Also, I recommend using the Preview button to see what your posts look like on other devices.  Sometimes copy/pasting can add a preset width to posts, which (although they look fine on your end) make them stretch the page on smaller screens.  (Note: we know this is generally an accident so you won't get banned for that either!  But repeatedly doing it long after someone tells you it's happening may result in warning points.)

If you do "break" something in your posts and aren't sure how to fix it, make a post in the Site Questions and Information section with a link to the post and we'll help you sort it out.  (This includes private workshop threads because staff can see them; however, other users won't be able to even if you post a link.)

So when will the beta be done? I'm not saying I have anything against 500 post (I'm willing to do it,/at the cost of a school life)

and just to clarify, i need it to make my CSs and intros look nice not my writing. it wouldn't hurt to make it look  neat.

Besides, a little bird told me that BBCodes may be returning.

You have no idea how much that sentence made my heart happy. I despise how complicated HTML is and the bbcodes were so much easier to use. I know, I know, the concept is the same, but I learned bbcode first a long time go and you know what they say about old horses and new drinks... or something like that XD

and just to clarify, i need it to make my CSs and intros look nice not my writing. it wouldn't hurt to make it look  neat.

You don't need HTML to make a CS and/or intro look neat.

When the August RPN update first rolled around and there was no HTML/CSS I used Photoshop mixed w/ Google Docs to make my stuff look nice. And in my posts, I didn't even use Photoshop and went straight to Google Docs. There're many alternatives to making something look nice; I know someone on this site who uses Google Slides for her CSs and they often times look better than coded CSs.

(EDIT: Ahhhh I just realizes these're all old posts...)

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't need HTML to make a CS and/or intro look neat.

When the August RPN update first rolled around and there was no HTML/CSS I used Photoshop mixed w/ Google Docs to make my stuff look nice. And in my posts, I didn't even use Photoshop and went straight to Google Docs. There're many alternatives to making something look nice; I know someone on this site who uses Google Slides for her CSs and they often times look better than coded CSs.

Like what Pyo said, there are tons of other ways to decorate CSs other than html/css. You can easily make nice visuals by formatting tables on google docs and pasting that into the button editor. Google slides is my go to when I'm not in the mood to use any coding, since you can easy arrange boxes, pictures, and text to create nice effects. Things like picmonkey and canva work as a good alternative as well (free unlike photoshop), although you can't really edit it.

iirc, @Legend:D also used some separate program to create some nifty looking CSs.

Edit: Welp, there we go vvvvv

Like what Pyo said, there are tons of other ways to decorate CSs other than html/css. You can easily make nice visuals by formatting tables on google docs and pasting that into the button editor. Google slides is my go to when I'm not in the mood to use any coding, since you can easy arrange boxes, pictures, and text to create nice effects. Things like picmonkey and canva work as a good alternative as well (free unlike photoshop), although you can't really edit it.

iirc, @Legend:D also used some separate program to create some nifty looking CSs.

Edit: Welp, there we go vvvvv

I hate to be a female dog, but, how will other users be able to replicate it and before you say the same can be said for code, this different. can google docs do scrolling capabilities, formatting, or anything that HTML can do. I'm well aware of that but I still hold my case. for the mean time, I'll use it but it won't better as the main, standard product.

also, just know that it depends on the person on how to really get most of it. so i don;t see your point, but I'm not here to start a flame war concerning on if i really need HTML coding in my life.

so, code went away it seems

CSS/HTML is now not available and BBCode will be returning after transfer; announcement here:

The HTML beta is over.  See the link in Fyuri's post, above, for more info.  Locking this thread since it's now obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread