Anime & Manga best psychological anime recommendations?

dr0yd

i feel like there's not enough good psychological anime out there. if anyone knows any good ones, hmu

I second Psycho-Pass--but only the first season, Evangelion is really good-- if you haven't seen it it doesn't necessarily seem psychological at first but it really is. I haven't personally seen Serial Experiments Lain, but I hear that's really fantastic.

From the New World/Shinsekai yori is definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet. It follows a group of students growing up in a far future society of people with psychic powers. You see the characters at different points of their life as they deal with the various truths behind their world.

I second Psycho-Pass--but only the first season, Evangelion is really good-- if you haven't seen it it doesn't necessarily seem psychological at first but it really is. I haven't personally seen Serial Experiments Lain, but I hear that's really fantastic.
The second Psycho-Pass season was alright I suppose. It’s just that the one chick -I forget her name- was so annoying that it made it hard to get through. The movie was pretty good, too

Steins;Gate counts, right? It's one of my favorites and definitely worth a watch if you're patient enough for a slow burn.

Also, Monster will mess you up. Great, underappreciated psych thriller.

Hmm. Something like Code Geass or Steins;Gate would suit ya. Maybe Blast of Tempest. Shinsekai Yori, Btooom!, Parasyte, Elfen Lied, Kotonoha no Niwa.

I'd recommend Mirai Nikki but it is kind of a cheap psychological thriller. Couldn't get into death note so I can't recommend that

Akame ga kill if you like lovable characters that die every 2 episodes.

I third Psycho-Pass. Just not the 2nd season movie was better though as a sequel.

Steins;Gate counts, right? It's one of my favorites and definitely worth a watch if you're patient enough for a slow burn.

Also, Monster will mess you up. Great, underappreciated psych thriller.
Absolutely love Monster probably tied with Gintama for favorite anime of all time. Monster is a MASTERPIECE, Naoki Urasawa is an under appreciated genius. Steins;gate really isn't, it's more of a sci-fi thriller. But it's very excellent nonetheless.

Hmm. Something like Code Geass or Steins;Gate would suit ya. Maybe Blast of Tempest. Shinsekai Yori, Btooom!, Parasyte, Elfen Lied, Kotonoha no Niwa.

I'd recommend Mirai Nikki but it is kind of a cheap psychological thriller. Couldn't get into death note so I can't recommend that
None of those except Parasyte (another masterpiece) and maybe Elfen Lied are psychological thrillers. But Death Note isn't as good as those two, imo it is very good 2nd half though it starts to fall apart. But is very good in considering morality between two gray characters and what "justice" truly is.

(I know of Code Geass, Steins;gate, Mirai Nikki but none of those are Psychological Thrillers)

Ergo Proxy (classic), Mononoke, Perfect Blue (movie), Mahou shoujo Madoka Magica (don't be fooled by its name or appearance), Mousou Dairinin (really good), Kino no Tabi; the beautiful world (can only speak for the original series as that's the only one I've seen), Gunslinger Girl and Jin-rou (another movie).

...Kino no Tabi; the beautiful world (can only speak for the original series as that's the only one I've seen)...

The Beautiful World is an incredible anime would recommend as well as the original. Even if you arent into the metaphysical aspect of the show. The action and animation is gorgeous and sometimes hilarious.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of LaPlace is also a good psychological anime as well. Its a surreal detective drama that is outright one of the weirdest yet most interesting I've seen in a while.

I am not sure if it really fits the theme, but Speedgrapher. It's not new but interesting.

Unsure if anyone recommended this or not. But Monster is great anime centered around psychology. It’s slow though and you have to pay attention to a lot of subtle clues to understand the plot.

Dunno if this counts, but it's really good: Requiem for the Phantom. The opening is so pretty.

I'd recommend the anime movie called "Colorful"
Its not a series, but it's a really great anime movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back