Experiences Best person you’ve roleplayed with?

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I’ve noticed that there’s been a lot of negative “venting” threads in this subforum, and I think it’d be a nice change of pace to talk about some positive experiences instead.

So rather than the worst person you’ve roleplayed with, let’s talk the best person you’ve roleplayed with. What made them the diamond in the rough throughout all of your roleplay experiences?

Ah, the best? That's easy to answer. My dude. I haven't met anyone else that has stuck by me as a writing partner for going eight years and I probably never will again, he's one of those rare partners you are lucky enough to come across.

For starters I never had to worry about him controlling any character I created at all because he's a great enough writer to move the story forward without needing to control them. We brainstorm a lot and contribute to a plot, throw in plot twists, talk about characters and ultimately open with one another about what does work and what doesn't. Characters he creates are unique while at the same time flawed and interesting without coming across overpowered, gary-stu, etc.

Most of all I actually have fun. I don't feel pressured to post right away. I know that when we do write together it won't be one person doing all the work.

All my current rp partners are straight up geniuses. I’m so selfish in not wanting to share them with anyone else that I’m hesitant to tag them but whatever, just leave them alone and DON’T TOUCH THEM.

Chrysanthemum Chrysanthemum
Girl got plot. She introduces the most nuanced, though-provoking, magical, and intriguing plots points, arcs, and resolutions. Her writing — whether in action scenes or intimate character interactions — is cinematic, emotive, and poetic. We have two years-long RPs active because that’s how much I adore writing with her.

We play with complex themes of politics, forbidden love, untraditional familial relationships, equality, morality, and more.

Bless.

🙌🥰🧜🏻‍♀️🌊✨🚀

giphy.gif

Erica Erica
She created one of my favorite RP characters to play against because of how multifaceted and human her OC is. We have one of the most organic plots I’ve ever played out in an RP and it is so exciting! Our characters feel so tangible within her meticulously crafted world. Her writing is like breathing fresh air, with economy and clarity and artistic brevity.

😍😭⛪⚔️🌬

giphy.gif

peritwinkle peritwinkle
One of my newest RP partners, she presented a plot idea that stuck in my head till I couldn’t let it go. Her writing is wonderfully atmospheric and conjures up a sort of dark magic that is already written into the threads of our story. The artistic focus of her posts capture the tone of both the narrative and character situation and it’s so fun to write against. I can’t wait to continue our story (and yup it’s my turn lol oops)!

🥺💕🔮🌨👑🏰

tenor.gif

BONUS GUSHING: all of my partners are incredibly patient with my two work schedules (full time plus seasonal) and my (occasionally) short, disappointing, or stagnant posts. I never feel pressured and get amped up with every OOC discussion we have.

Idea Idea Is one of the most patient and kind partners I have ever been given a chance to RP with. Not only is he kind and has a deep understanding for literary devices, but he also knows how to make a damn creative and fun storyline. I don't know many people who manage to be overall perfect. He is also one of the only people who have respectfully debated me on a few topics I have posed on writing and literature in general. Not to mention he is understanding of my delicate mental status so he never pushes me for a post even when I am taking forever and a day. He also is very nice about all the little mistakes that I make. I currently actually have to correct a post I made, haha (I'll do that after finals week, bud!)

local cryptid local cryptid Needs no introduction. Yet another person who understands when I take forever and a day to do things. We have been roleplaying together for around two years now, I believe, and it has been two years of a lot of fun. We have shared laughter and tears through the RPs we have made and I would not trade them for the world. One of the kindest people I have ever met in my entire life, I have to say all the love is deserved.

Asteria Asteria What can I say? Stunning. Absolutely stunning. From how she writes to the way she treats people is absolutely stunning. I am so happy I have run into so many nice people on here, haha. She has been a long running partner as well, and she and I have crafted a world that I have to say, is probably one of my favorites. Everytime I see a post from her, I am excited to jump in there and write a response. I always felt that she challenged me literarily and has helped me become a better author. In fact, the current book series I am working on has been helped along by her, so I must say that she should be as proud as I am about the world and characters that are being created in it. I absolutely love this girl, and though we both have very busy lives, and since we are both very detailed writers this can get in the way, I think she is definitely one of the great ones and I could not imagine being without her as a partner ;)

Wayward Wayward Though she is a very new partner for me, she is quickly becoming one of the favorites. I really love her writing style and the additions she has been making to the plot I have put forth. She is both creative and easy to talk to. I look forward to seeing where our RP goes from now and I am beside myself with excitement.

Also I want to thank OP for posting something that is very positive! While I like venting, remembering the good things is great as well!

Last edited:
Ah, just this random dude I met on a different roleplay site five years ago. He and I were in a group roleplay together (he was the GM), and oh boy, this guy excels at coming up with amazing plots. He's made quite a few roleplays after that, and every single one had something different. His characters, too, were also unique, and nothing like I had ever seen before. The two of us had a 1x1 of our own as well, and the sheer amount of work he put in his writing and the plot was just... ugh. Hats off.
I wish I could get a chance to roleplay with him again. He was also pretty flexible with my preferences, and I can easily say he literally led me by the hand throughout our roleplay.

Found her on another site and traded discord accounts with each other. Not sure if shes on here. The RP only lasted like 3 days but god did we get along well. She just kinda vamoosed. God I miss her and I hope shes okay :(

My cousin, actually.
We'd always been good friends, and when I was a young teen, I introduced her to RPing and explained how it all worked. She, being a writer, got really excited at the idea of writing just for fun along with me. We created some characters and some plotlines and started RPing.

I fondly remember RPing with her over email - or sometimes when she'd visit me in person, we'd grab a notebook and take turns writing in it. She'd write a post for her character, then show the notebook to me, and I'd do the same. Rinse and repeat for hours. d:

One of our RPs in particular lasted a long time and we actually finished it. Completed the storyline and defeated the big baddie. We loved every minute of it and our characters' interactions and everything; it was amazing. One of the only RPs I've ever finished.

We worked so well together and I look back with a lot of nostalgia on those years we RPed. I wish we could go back to it, but she's not doing well lately, and our friendship just... isn't the same anymore. So our fun experiences sadly have to remain in the past.

There’s been a few actually, but the one that has really stood out was this person that I can’t remember their name unfortunately, but this was years ago, off of the server.

We had this really detailed and interesting Fruits Basket roleplay that to this day has been my favorite besides one. The Sohma god which was their character requested to see mine, who was the cursed monkey Sohma. Things had progressed as they slowly got to know each other and eventually got engaged and then my computer stopped working and I lost touch.

The second was a person named M. A. Sigma, who I and a group did a Tokyo Mew Mew roleplay where my character was Mew Mew Ruby and his character was an alien like Kishu and the others. My character showed him around her part of Earth and changed his mind. I ended up creating a large group of gem based mew mew characters.

The third would go to Night Gray, who was amazing at roleplaying characters I loved from the Harry Potter universe. I had a ball roleplaying Severus Snape, my favorite character for her character, which was a Noir inspired character I believe.

Unfortunately I lost connection with all of these wonderful people but these are the roleplays I treasure most.

Late to the party, but my best rp partner was someone I met anonymously on Omegle back in the days when that was how you found quick rp partners with ready-made roleplay prompts. It was a fandom rp for a fandom that I was, and am still, passionate about-- albeit more in the nostalgic sense nowadays. It was around 2014 when I started the roleplay and we exchanged e-mails. It continued for a solid 3 years, almost the entirety of my high-school career. I remember getting so excited when I saw that she sent a response, we'd often get in 2-3 novella-length responses in a day.

We'd talk OOC a lot, and would even send Merry Christmas/Happy New Year messages to one another. I kinda regret not exchanging further info with her so we could chat outside of our e-mail. One day she just stopped responding and it's been about 2 years now. I don't hold it against her as we certainly made it far longer than I ever expected and she brought a lot of joy to a hard time in my life. I have all the responses archived into a folder in my e-mail and every once in a while I'll get nostalgic and read all of them in order, as though it were an unfinished book that I patiently await an ending to.

There was this one roleplay, way back on the old Warrior cats forums, back in 2013. It was called Hazeclan and it was just a fun time y'know? We had a ton of really nerdy crossover plots with Doctor Who and shit and it wasn't anything like. High brow but it was really really fun and I miss it. There were two folks I got pretty tight with there, Ivy and Nim, and I just. Miss them a lot. I was closer to Ivy but Nim was rad too. Those forums shut down a while ago and we never exchanged anything to keep in contact outside of them, so the friendship just sorta. Ended. I've looked and tried to hunt them both down over various sites and fandom spaces but no luck. I don't even really wanna rp with them any more I just wanna get the chance to catch up and stuff. Like. These folks helped get me through some pretty rough patches in my life and it just sucks that it ended so abruptly and there's nothing I can do about it.

There was a woman whose username I forgot on one of my first accounts. I had a plot that would be recycled and added to but writing with her was great because said plot progressed further then it ever has before.

Where characters started family’s and experienced loss. We fell out of touch and that bothered me a tad as My favourite characters ended up having their tale somewhat completed.

I’d also like to shout out to my friend I haven’t spoken to in a bit. I know her name but I won’t reveal it... I also forgot her rpn username.

Some mentions because I remember their names...
Rurnur Rurnur
The guy is good,
Juju Juju
the name is as good as the posts. The posts are good.
Idea Idea
heard this guy is well liked
@music&liquor
Pretty inspirational

elusivethought elusivethought I enjoy your explanations of your writing partners. I won't attempt to steal them but I shall ask you if you are free to write, considering if our preferences match or not haha

--- cheeky edit,
Join one of my rp's and you'll soon be posting my username here ;)

Last edited:
There was a woman whose username I forgot on one of my first accounts. I had a plot that would be recycled and added to but writing with her was great because said plot progressed further then it ever has before.

Where characters started family’s and experienced loss. We fell out of touch and that bothered me a tad as My favourite characters ended up having their tale somewhat completed.

I’d also like to shout out to my friend I haven’t spoken to in a bit. I know her name but I won’t reveal it... I also forgot her rpn username.

Some mentions because I remember their names...
Rurnur Rurnur
The guy is good,
Juju Juju
the name is as good as the posts. The posts are good.
Idea Idea
heard this guy is well liked
@music&liquor
Pretty inspirational

elusivethought elusivethought I enjoy your explanations of your writing partners. I won't attempt to steal them but I shall ask you if you are free to write, considering if our preferences match or not haha
I feel so honored! OwO thanks for thinking of me!
We should RP together again sometime!

I can think of three on this site:
-Cojemo: Easily one of the best writers I've ever had the pleasure of RPing alongside with. His posts were intricate yet they were always easy to digest. I believe he came first or second during a RP tournament here in RPN.

-White Masquerade: Such a creative GM. I still remember the RP that he/she made where the participant's would be role-playing as themselves (With their appearance being determined by their avatar) while also controlling a character from a random franchise to fight the rest of the participants. Such a unique idea that I wished I would've been able to see more of.

-Lucem Tenebrism: Can't say much about him seeing how we didn't really properly interact with each other, but the quality of his posts is something that pushed me to try to better myself as a writer.

-LifeNovel: Finally we arrive at easily the best person in this whole site for me. Beyond being an amazing writer Life was a great person, always respectful and amazingly friendly. Hope he/she is doing fine.

I doubt any of them would remember me, hell I bet the majority has even left the site. Still, when it comes to memorable people regarding RPN they always come to mind.

ColoredSparkler ColoredSparkler
Such a boss, easily one of my favourites of all time and the friend whose username I couldn’t think of earlier.
We spell coloured differently...

I had a rp partner for like a decade. We met on, oh god, AIM, and really clicked. We did so many plots and just vibed so well. Whenever something wasn't holding our interest we'd either try to make it exciting again or come up with a different plot. We weren't afraid to try different genres or venture into crazy shit! We had our OCs that we loved and would talk damn near everyday. Then with college and adulthood we just unfortunately drifted apart and I stopped rping for a few years. I wouldn't even know how to find her again, but the time we had together was wonderful and really helped my rp skills! I miss ya Debbie!

Last edited:
I don't think he's a member here, but a man named Antaric.

He was the best all-round role player I have ever had the distinct honor of writing alongside. From creativity - which matters most to me - to literary skill, to story telling, and combat, Antaric was the hands down master. I will spend the rest of my days trying to find anyone who can hold a candle to his talents, pound for pound.

He was my friend, surrogate brother, and in many ways he was my mentor. I am ashamed to say that most of what he taught me by example has left me to the years of inactivity and lack of practice.

I often wonder where he is, what he is doing, and if he still puts that masterful talent to work.

This one's for you, Rob. I miss ya like hell, brother.

giphy.gif

NanLia NanLia

I fell in love with her style of writing and GMing as soon as I joined her Supernatural RP and we've clicked in every RP we've participated in together since. Then we got to know each other outside of RP and have spent the last 2+ years in a relationship. I just got back from visiting her 900 miles away. Being with her and us RPing together has made me the happiest I've ever been.

And now that I've tagged her she gets to come to this thread and see me gushing :P

This is the sweetest thread ever and I love it <3

Met a dear friend 6ish years ago on the chicken smoothie roleplay forums lol. It was an NBC Hannibal RP and boy was it fantastic. Our writing style and personalities meshed so well, we chatted constantly in PM's. Eventually chickensmoothie started catering more towards the younger crowd so us older users kind of had to move on. I think we both transitioned to DeviantArt for a while but between her getting her degree and me dealing with mental health issues we kind of drifted apart. We chatted through Snapchat for a while but that kind of died out too. Not sure what she's up to anymore but I imagine she's well on her way to her masters and I hope she's doing well!

I still look back and fondly remember our RP and all the times we shared, so this one goes out to Fennecaroon/Amber c:

Obsidian entertainment.
They had this one plot called New Vegas...
Had some problems but overall the most charming and engaging story teller

Never Never
My first thought was this person. They're really chill and fun to write with, and don't act like they're afraid to tell me when they don't like an idea or would rather do another one. I've been off and on writing with them for a few years and I don't regret writing with them at all. Yes, even the teen-cringe years of writing.

kibou kibou aergie aergie Life. Life.
I haven't had a lot a of experience writing with you guys, but I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Kibou is funny, creative, and detail oriented. The amount of thought he put in to writing his character was awesome, and I love reading his posts. His style really inspires me and his jokes are top quality.

Aergie is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. Really, she's amazing. I love her writing, characters, and her being willing to let me help her. I always felt like I was being invasive, but I don't regret it because we got to write together more behind the scenes.

Mauve is another awesome writer I've had the honor to meet and rp with on RPN. Our time in a group was short, but her writing style and ability amazed me. She's also kind to others and fun to talk to out of character.

A used to rp with a friend that I knew in high school. We already knew each other and loved hanging out. So, when we got into rping, IT WAS AMAZING. We worked what we both wanted to happen into the plot, which always made it flow but exciting! The more we rped, the more depth our characters became and didn't mind jumping from slow building conversations to dangerous trials. And each moment was vital towards learning something about the characters or plot. It started out with two teenage characters and ended with FIFTEEN non-rushed, special characters that all grew up and were either married and about to have a family, engaged, or happily single and pursuing what they wanted in life (until we had romantic interests later for them). Even when we put two characters in a relationship, it didn't seem forced or just for the plot. The chemistry between them was always important and obviously there, and they even had dreams and goals for themselves as well and not just there to be a partner. But sadly, me and that friend had to stop being friends due to personal reasons.
My rping has slowed down since then due to not having many people to rp with. I've never had anything like that since...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back