Video Games Best old games that no one talks about anymore

Imaginiaria

Let's take a little nostalgia trip and talk about what you think we're the best games you ever played from PS2, PS3, GameCube, ect.

Spyro!

But now it is Skylanders...ugh. Well those games are actually kind of fun, but not like the original Spyro.

I wonder if anyone knows the Ape Escape series on PS1-PS2. If you want a stupid, colorful adventure platformer game with a nice soundtrack and fun mechanics, then this is for you.

I wonder if anyone knows the Ape Escape series on PS1-PS2. If you want a stupid, colorful adventure platformer game with a nice soundtrack and fun mechanics, then this is for you.
Yeah I actually remember playing that, and then having it move to PSP but it was like two player and single player party games.

Finally, someone remembers those games! I felt like it was pretty obscure since everyone I asked about it had no idea what I was talking about.

I remember I spent hours just doing the pod racing, and trying to collect the little collectible things in that level.
As a child it was so hard to do ANYTHING on that level. The respawn points were poorly placed for someone with no reflexes. For everyone else they were fine tho.
I would watch my dad play and be like "woah he's so good. He must have played these as a kid."
No. No he didn't.

Ugh. Education.
I don't need no education.
Death Note taught me philosophy.
Halo taught me religion.
Lego taught me architecture.
I'm a fine arts major, 110%
Yeah! I personally want to be an artist for video games, movies, cartoons, etc. Or to learn coding.

I like watching speedruns of it at SGDQ or AGDQ

Oooh, so... Save or kill the animals? XD

But anyways, an obscure game... I remember playing this Godzilla game on the PS2 a bunch, and then there was that Yu-Gi-Oh game with chess pieces I think? It was called Capsule Monsters or something like that lol, but I had fun playing both of those~

I guess this isn't as out there as the others, but I did play a bunch of Digimon World Dusk for the DS.

I'm not sure just how obscure it really is , but Star Wars : Republic Commando on the original Xbox is the only shooter game I've ever played that I loved enough to go back and play a second time. It's such a shame it probably won't ever get a sequel , because the idea of having Squad mates that were as skilled and useful as the actual player character was just so refreshing and ahead of it's time. In that vein I could mention Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic and SW : KOTOR II : the Sith Lords , but I feel like those get talked about more beingfjat they're commonly considered among the best Video RPG games ever made.

Shining Force and Shining Force 2 for the SEGA Genesis. I still replay those two sometimes, they're just so great. I want more Shining Force games, but I don't have the platforms for the newer ones. Also for the Genesis, Vectorman and Vectorman 2. I replay those too. Oh, and Outrun! Outrun was fun even though I never got too far past the first section. And Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg for GameCube. That game was great. I still want a sequel.

I never got into any of the big horror game franchises like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etcetera... I keep meaning to try them one day but it hasn't happened just yet. But there is one horror game that has a really big spot in my heart, and that's Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. I loved the storyline taking place over thousands of years with all the different characters and locations and the different fourth-wall breaking fakeouts the game employs from time to time. I haven't actually played it in over a decade though so I don't know how well the game holds up, though.

I'll also always have a soft spot for Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete on the PS1, a game I bought solely because it had anime artwork on the cover and a big box full of extra goodies. What I got was a really engaging 2D RPG with a fun cast and storyline. At least that's how I remember it, it's been such a long time... and I still haven't played the first Lunar though, whoops.

Geez, I grew up with a lot of good gems, but a few of my favorites :

Monster Rancher (PS2 and PS1, not those awful handhelds)
I know that it wasn't exactly the most intense or action packed game series in the world, but it had so much charm! And towards the later games they let you interact so much with your monsters both while during training and on adventure mode. Not to mention, while it drove me nuts that you couldn't revisit locations in EVO, I thought having your monsters participate in your circus performances was pretty cool. I remember being so heartbroken when you'd get the message saying your monster was towards the end of their life and little me would put them in hibernation and unfreeze them one last time for their birthday so I could give them their favorite foods and praise them one last time before it was time to fuse them into the next monster. I was a weird kid. But seriously, did anyone else like this series? Just me?

SaGa Frontier (PS1) :
A game where Squaresoft went (You know that thing called the RPG? What if we threw it out and reinvented it?) and it was surprisingly great! Each character had their own distinct stories with multiple endings, each taking place across the timeline, which meant if one character died during one of the campaigns that takes place earlier, they'll still be dead in any campaigns taking place later. And usually you hear games advertise unique story campaigns when it's all basically the same story with slight variations, but not this game. For example : You'd think Red and Blue would have a connection, but you'd be entirely wrong. Red is a young man who turns into the superhero Alkaiser as he chases after an evil organization to avenge his scientist father. Blue is a mage trying to find all the magic he can learn so he can become powerful enough to crush his brother Rouge under his boot. Let us all be honest, though. His campaign was the hardest, but the best plot premise goes to Lute the bard. His mother kicks him out of the house and tells him to go get a job.

Parasite Eve (PS1) :
Full disclosure here : I'm a sucker for the weird, bizarre and over-the-top ridiculous. I find it hilarious. And if you're like that at all and haven't played this game, please do. It's so out there and sometimes just straight up stupid, but you can't help but appreciate it for what it was. Good dumb action fun that dresses itself like a bullshit biology lesson.

Infamous (Early PS3) :
I feel like the first two are old enough to mention in this thread. Even with Second Son (which I'll admit I haven't gotten to play yet), I feel like no one talks about the start of this series. A shame because it was a lot of fun and I remember being pleasantly surprised because it was the first game I played where you sort of organically grew into being a super hero/villain rather than the game just being like "Origin story. Superpowers. Your new job is to babysit this city."

Folklore (Early PS3) :
And I mean early. It was one of the first games I got for the system. But still, your hard pressed to find video of this game (save for Cry's playthrough, which was admittedly great) let alone hear people actually talk about. Which is sad because the art design was gorgeous and allowed for a lot of experimentation with the folks. It had its flaws, but I still thought it was really fun. Am I the only person who remembers this?

The games I grew up playing in the arcade were best.

Tetris. Frogger. Q-Bert. Joust. Augh, I miss Joust.

No one mention odd world yet? i very rarely hear people talk about that one beautiful gem of a game! I remember playing it on the PS1 my brother own! loved the puzzles but overall was weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back