Literature Best Book Series?

Captain_Sheriarty

Consulting Criminal
Best book series. Can be anything personally I love Goosebumps, The DaVinci Code, and The Collector series. As you can see I like creepy and mystery books and novels.

Umm... If manga counts, Pokemon Adventures v01
(Don't judge me. Pokemon's cool)

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, All For the Game by Nora Sakavic. These are equally amazing when it comes to 'young adults finding their place in the world (though trigger warnings for AFTG).
I loved historic (can I call them that?) when I was 11-15; mother Earth, Father Heaven by Sue Harrison, The Immortals by Tamora Pierce, Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn.

I still love the last three, but it was a while ago I re-read them.

The Malazan Book Of The Fallen is a ten book series that you definitely ought to check out — likable characters, immersive world, but a slightly weak ending. It, more or less, fits the now forgotten Sword & Sorcery genre, the precursor to fantasy; though Steven Erikson's interpretation included more stronger backdrops and major refurbishment, it still has this classic tilt to it. A very good series, indeed.

The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is a damn good book, with a sequel out and another coming soon. You should definitely give this one a read — it's riveting and never fails to grab your attention. It chronicles the entire life of Kvothe the Bloodless, a legendary hero, and how he learned to speak the name of the wind — any more than that, and I'd be ruining the story. Just give this one a read — it's interesting, compelling, and of course, has an original take on magic.

Also, as a side, the Cormoran Strike series, by JK Rowling (under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith). It's an intensive detective/mystery tinged with mystery and interesting characters — though the blend of antique literary devices with modern slangs can be somewhat disorienting. The first book was, honestly, mediocre, the second was more better, and the third even better. There are more coming out, or have been released, but I've only read the first three. Be warned though, it doesn't, even in the slightest, resemble Harry Potter — there's a reason she's using a pseudonym.

Frank Herbert's Dune series was really good. The first three books are so fun, but I don't recommend venturing further.

The fourth one was a resounding "meh, okay I guess." The fifth and sixth ones are an absolute waste of time, just dreadful. Thinking about how fantastic the first half of the series was compared to the last half destroys me inside.

Not necessarily a book series, but if you like creepy true crime stuff, Ann Rule is pretty good. She worked with Ted Bundy for a bit and wrote a book all about it, it's super spooky. I also like "Small Sacrifices," about a woman who attempted to murder her children. The subject matter is awful, but it makes for some delicious reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back