• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Ben 10 Based RP

Darth Tangent

Time Lord
So I've been rewatching various Ben 10 episodes, from the original to Omniverse, and its got me hyped to have a crack at making an rp based off of the show. Right now, I only have two ideas, both of which are completely taken from past Ben 10 rps. If you have any ideas, do not hesitate to suggest them. As always, show your interest if you are interested.

Omnnites: Takes place in the far future, in a continuity in which Ben, Gwen, and Kevin grow to become a triumvirate group that oversees all of the peacemaking endeavors in the known universe, including the assimilation of the Plumbers, an organization dedicated to police-work and crime-fighting across the universe. The stories of "The Great Three" and their pursuits as kids and teenagers become harrowed and sacred legends.

With the help of one of his most trusted advisors, Lord Cooper, as well as help from Azmuth, Lord Tennyson made 1,000,903 weaker versions of the Omnitrix, each one containing only one of the Omnitrix's 1,000,903 alien DNA samples. These "Omnites" would be distributed among worthy human youths, who would be recruited as Plumbers, universe-police in training, and brought to the newly-built Plumber Grand Headquarters to begin their training.

Shattered Glass: Twenty years ago, Ben 10 first emerged as the kid hero. Saving the world on multiple occasions, he fought to protect us, humans, as well as aliens across the galaxy. Not only him but with help of his allies, Gwen Tennyson, Maxwell Tennyson and Keven Levin. The team was unstoppable and they were widely known for their heroic feats all across the galaxy.

The year is now 2036. Ben Tennyson and his gang, Keven Levin, Gwen Tennyson have gone public about their team and are world-renowned guardians, superheroes, protectors, you name it. The world has lived in serenity for almost five years now, everyone feels that aliens have just "given up," but when a super-powered alien attacked... it all went awry. Ben and his crew stood up to the beast and attempted to hinder it to no avail. The Omnitrix was destroyed and the alien successfully kidnapped the team.

This roleplay follows a group of young adults that were impaled by these shards and given the ability to transform into one of Ben's aliens. Everyone who was affected begins to have weird hallucinations of the specific alien they were gifted with and whenever they face a specific direction (leading to Greenbriar Park) the shards glow uncontrollably. If you choose to follow the shards light on what the hallucinations said was a Saturday, the Omnitrix will teleport you into a Ben Base. You later meet the others who were teleported there too, each probably saying their stories and how they got there. You each decide these shards are bigger than yourself, and maybe form a team.

The group is tasked with looking for leads and clues as well as fighting newly showing alien beasts with the help of their Omnitrix shards as well as the newly found tech they stumbled upon in the Ben Base. They go on various missions, perform death-defying stunts. Can you save Ben 10 and his crew and potentially the world?

Omnitrix/Omniverse

Shattered glass sounds epic, id most definitly be interested. Trying to decide between Diamondhead, XLR8, And Humongosaur.

Shattered Glass does sound good to me as well. It's admittedly been a while since I've watched Ben 10, but I think I've retained enough memory about it to somehow roleplay it.

I'm thinking Heatblast right now, to be honest.

Shattered Glass does sound good to me as well. It's admittedly been a while since I've watched Ben 10, but I think I've retained enough memory about it to somehow roleplay it.

I'm thinking Heatblast right now, to be honest.
Shattered glass sounds epic, id most definitely be interested. Trying to decide between Diamondhead, XLR8, And Humongosaur.
Great! I'll start making all the threads, but I'd like to have a couple more people before officially starting.

I like idea number 2.

There's so many cool aliens. I'm thinking something along the lines of Feedback or Chromastone.

Edit: Since we can play two characters, I'll be taking them both :)

Last edited:
Depending on the number of people who join the RP will it be possible to double up on aliens (i.e. maybe start of with one and learn to unlock a second later) or play two characters?

I barely remember Ben 10, but this sounds fun. I'm gonna say that I'm using Goop, but that's because he's the only one I currently remember and I might pick a different one if I think it's cooler.

EDIT: Actually, after going through the list, I'm probably gonna use one of the monster-based ones. Most likely Ghostfreak.

Last edited:
So far my basic idea is a Mad Scientist character who is obsessed with getting the Omnitrix himself to study it's potential. His evil schemes revolve around his two obsessions, The Omnitrix shards and the Ocean. How does it sound so far? By the way, his day job is being a Marine Biologist.

So far my basic idea is a Mad Scientist character who is obsessed with getting the Omnitrix himself to study it's potential. His evil schemes revolve around his two obsessions, The Omnitrix shards and the Ocean. How does it sound so far?
Meh. I feel like too many of the antags in Ben 10 are people wanting the Omnitrix. Vilgax, the one evil Brainstorm, etc. I admit it would be somewhat interesting due to the Omnitrix basically being split between individuals, but I digress. I also don't get the Ocean obsession. Unless you can make the villain a bit more 3d/in depth and maybe even relatable, I don't see it working.

Maybe i should cut the Omnitrix obsession and make him fully obsessed with the ocean and it's various life forms. But, i got to find a way to not make him a cheap rip off of Dr. Animo and give him a more distinct personality and look. Any advice? One idea i have is to actually make him have gill's on the side of his neck, virtually making him amphibious.

For a starter/minor antagonist(s), I don't think they have to necessarily be 'evil.' Since Ben was a powerful and famous figure, I'm sure that having a bunch of seemingly random individuals suddenly possessing his powers would be considered a very possible threat to earth.

It's possible that someone or an organization has been tasked with capturing/containing these individuals to prevent them from possibly wreaking havoc (who's to say that a few shards didn't end up in those with less than good intentions after all) and that this person/group is prepared to show up whenever an shard/alien appears. (Sort of like how superheroes and vigilantes may start off being hunted by the police )

A couple other idea summeries (willing to expand upon):

- A galactic bounty hunter/collector looking to capture our characters for their unique transforming abilties.

- A group that believes that aliens are attempting/are in the process of taking over the earth, and that our characters are actually evil aliens in disguise. (Sort of my favourite)

- A person in charge of hunting down escaped prisoners, several of which match the description/identity of the aliens our characters transform into.

- An evolutionary scientist that wants to improve humanity by combining the features of humans and aliens (or just turning everyone into aliens). They need our characters to gain a better understanding of how to complete their project.

- An anti-alien individual or group that seeks to annihilate all aliens in order to protect earth from perceived threats from outer space. Their radical tendencies pose a threat to anyone, human or alien that gets in their way.

Last edited:
For a starter/minor antagonist(s), I don't think they have to necessarily be 'evil.' Since Ben was a powerful and famous figure, I'm sure that having a bunch of seemingly random individuals suddenly possessing his powers would be considered a very possible threat to earth.

It's possible that someone or an organization has been tasked with capturing/containing these individuals to prevent them from possibly wreaking havoc (who's to say that a few shards didn't end up in those with less than good intentions after all) and that this person/group is prepared to show up whenever an shard/alien appears. (Sort of like how superheroes and vigilantes may start off being hunted by the police )

- A galactic bounty hunter/collector looking to capture our characters for their unique transforming abilties.

- A group that believes that aliens are attempting/are in the process of taking over the earth, and that our characters are actually evil aliens in disguise. (Sort of my favourite)

- A person in charge of hunting down escaped prisoners, several of which match the description/identity of the aliens our characters transform into.

- An evolutionary scientist that wants to improve humanity by combining the features of humans and aliens (or just turning everyone into aliens). They need our characters to gain a better understanding of how to complete their project.

- An anti-alien individual or group that seeks to annihilate all aliens in order to protect earth from perceived threats from outer space. Their radical tendencies pose a threat to anyone, human or alien that gets in their way.
I like the one about the fanatical group that thinks we are trying to conquor the world.

Darth Tangent Darth Tangent I had this idea where my character is a terminally ill cancer patient who is literally right about to die when a shard hits a tumor or some other malignant body part and immediately turns him into Ghostfreak without registering his DNA, so he survives but can't turn back into a human. Is this overboard or are you fine with it?

Darth Tangent Darth Tangent I had this idea where my character is a terminally ill cancer patient who is literally right about to die when a shard hits a tumor or some other malignant body part and immediately turns him into Ghostfreak without registering his DNA, so he survives but can't turn back into a human. Is this overboard or are you fine with it?

That reminds me: Is there a limit to how long our characters can stay in alien form, or do they get to embrace both sides equally? And are they still technically human, or has being impaled by the shards changed them into something else should they choose to embrace their newfound powers?

Honestly, these are all great ideas! Definitely, pm so we can talk these things out. I'd also like for you to be Co-GM

Go for it. I had originally intended to make a character that had Ghostfreak. Since his species remains conscious no matter how split they are genetically or magically, this Ghostfreak would take over the character and be another antagonist. But if with all these antag suggestions, you can have Ghostfreak.

That reminds me: Is there a limit to how long our characters can stay in alien form, or do they get to embrace both sides equally? And are they still technically human, or has being impaled by the shards changed them into something else should they choose to embrace their newfound powers?
They can be changed indefinitely. And I'll say that being impaled has altered their genomes to the point of technically not being human. Think of a werewolf.

Also, someone earlier if characters could have multile aliens. I'll say yes. In the beginning your character will be aware of only one though

Honestly, these are all great ideas! Definitely, pm so we can talk these things out. I'd also like for you to be Co-GM

Go for it. I had originally intended to make a character that had Ghostfreak. Since his species remains conscious no matter how split they are genetically or magically, this Ghostfreak would take over the character and be another antagonist. But if with all these antag suggestions, you can have Ghostfreak.

They can be changed indefinitely. And I'll say that being impaled has altered their genomes to the point of technically not being human. Think of a werewolf.

Also, someone earlier if characters could have multile aliens. I'll say yes. In the beginning your character will be aware of only one though
Does it have to be the Ghostfreak that Ben transforms into or can it just be any member of the species?

Oh man, this is awesome! Hit me with a PM to discuss plot details, and about the Co-GM thing.

Should we reserve our secondary aliens now or later? I was thinking about using Upgrade for a character who starts out with Feedback, and potentially Big Chill or someone similar for the one that starts with Chromastone. I want to force them into switching their fighting styles and having their strengths/weaknesses challenged > : )

Does it have to be the Ghostfreak that Ben transforms into or can it just be any member of the species?

Each alien in the watch is the best the species can be genetically, with added items and etc. for efficiency. Brainstorm, for example, comes equipped with a device that allows him to breathe. Chromostone by default already has energy absorbed before he comes out.

But basically, since it's the watch that impaled these individuals, they will turn into what the watch had for any given species, taking into account the sex of the person. So yes, it's the same Ghostfreak. You can decide which aesthetic you want though
Oh man, this is awesome! Hit me with a PM to discuss plot details, and about the Co-GM thing.

Should we reserve our secondary aliens now or later? I was thinking about using Upgrade for a character who starts out with Feedback, and potentially Big Chill or someone similar for the one that starts with Chromastone. I want to force them into switching their fighting styles and having their strengths/weaknesses challenged > : )

Go ahead and reserve now. Send a post that's just what Aliens you want. This goes for everyone Agent23 Agent23 AI10100 AI10100 Abyss Abyss SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Killerclown Killerclown AbominableTouma AbominableTouma

Can my good guy be a former Navy diver who got Ripjaws? Also, he and my villain might be at each others throats throughout the rp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back