• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Belle Needs Help Again

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
Hi there!

So I am very new to coding, and still trying to learn my way around things. I made a couple in character posting codes, one of which I used (and found out isn't mobile friendly xD) so I'm still working on that. This thread is where I'm going to go to ask for help when I need it!

Right now my main issue is columns. Why are they staggered? I can post a picture if you want to see what I'm talking about. But I am trying to make a new 1x1 search thread and it's driving me crazy that my accordians are staggered when I try to do two side by side. Plz help. Thanks!

Hi, darling!
When you start a column and end a column, the new column you're doing shouldn't be "entered" to form a new space. The column end and start codes should be on the "same line" and never "entered"
So for example when you do [*column=span4]meowmeowmeow[*/column][*column=span4]meowmeowmeow[*/column]
- In the above , you see that the end column and the start of a new column is together. If you press "enter" when you start a new column, the columns wouldn't align

I hope this made sense!
But, if you have done the above then perhaps you can send the code that you are working on and I can see what's the problem?

Hi, darling!
When you start a column and end a column, the new column you're doing shouldn't be "entered" to form a new space. The column end and start codes should be on the "same line" and never "entered"
So for example when you do [*column=span4]meowmeowmeow[*/column][*column=span4]meowmeowmeow[*/column]
- In the above , you see that the end column and the start of a new column is together. If you press "enter" when you start a new column, the columns wouldn't align

I hope this made sense!
But, if you have done the above then perhaps you can send the code that you are working on and I can see what's the problem?

You are awesome! It made perfect sense, and I fixed it, and it worked. <3 Thank you so much!

How do I (when using a DIV code) get rid of the scroll bar on the right? Dx

[or if anyone has any tips/tricks about DIV codes in general, that'd be awesome]

here you go!
this is the hidden scroll code, you'd have two use to divs

Code:
[div=position: relative;width: calc(100%  - 0px);height: 170px;overflow: hidden;background-color: transparent;padding: 0px;][div=width: 100%;padding-right: 145px;height: 100%;overflow-y: scroll;font-align: justify;font-width: bold;]text
[/div][/div]

Hey, so one thing I'm noticing is that your [nobr][/nobr] goes around your entire code, and not just the classes. Doing so is a matter of personal preference, of course, but I usually opt for the latter as it prevents me from having to use a bunch of [br][/br] in my contents, and it's possible it's messing with your spacing and creating all that extra space (I've had this problem myself a few times, and usually re copy/pasting the code piece by piece allows me to find the issue and solve it).

As for your tab contents not appearing, I've only just taken a quick look, so this might not be the issue, but the formatting for your script looks different from mine and it's possible it's causing/contributing to the problem. For reference, the script I use looks like this:
Code:
[script class=tab1 version=2 on=click]
    (addClass "show" "tabContents02")
    (removeClass "show" "tabContents01")
    (removeClass "show" "tabContents03")
    (removeClass "show" "tabContents04")
    (removeClass "show" "tabContents05")
[/script]

Bumping this thread with another question!

So now that we've lost BBCode+ and divs [so sad ): ] I'm seeing that a few people are still doing really cool tabs! I've seen hearts, circles, and a bunch of others. Can anyone tell me how you do them now that we just have basic bbcode? I have discord if its easier to chat there!

So, they're using CSS code injection. It takes advantage of how some tags, such as [border=] can actually accept normal CSS. so what they do is put in [border=0px solid black; padding: 0; Rest of your CSS in here], and mess with accordions and tabs.

So, they're using CSS code injection. It takes advantage of how some tags, such as [border=] can actually accept normal CSS. so what they do is put in [border=0px solid black; padding: 0; Rest of your CSS in here], and mess with accordions and tabs.

Interesting! Thank you!

So one more question, then. If I were trying to have four tabs, would that coding have to go around each tab? [I hope that makes sense]

If you're using the tabs tag, then you will need to use position absolute to cover the tabs with your divs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back