Experiences Being in small fandoms sucks

lol, join the club. I don't even care about fandoms, I've been here since 2016, and I've been in maybe 3 games in that time - none of which lasted beyond a few posts. good luck.

I hafta say, that despite Warhammer 40k gaining popularity in its own right over the years, it is inherently difficult to get it going as an RP because there are SO many factions and sub-factions within the lore. Everyone who is into it, is potentially into different parts of it. And because the lore is so expansive, you can have long time fans that dont know that much about each other's respective corner of the universe.

That being said, the group I'm currently a part of has managed to scrape together something that is off to a healthy start. This is most definitely a niche interest, and I'm very happy with the turnout.

I hafta say, that despite Warhammer 40k gaining popularity in its own right over the years, it is inherently difficult to get it going as an RP because there are SO many factions and sub-factions within the lore. Everyone who is into it, is potentially into different parts of it. And because the lore is so expansive, you can have long time fans that dont know that much about each other's respective corner of the universe.

That being said, the group I'm currently a part of has managed to scrape together something that is so far off to a healthy start. This is most definitely a niche interest, and I'm very happy with the turnout.

This thread is a bit old but I have actually managed to find a partner for the fandom I was craving for (which funnily enough came from me having posted this) and I am in the same boat, happy with the turnout and it's been going a month or so strong.

This thread is a bit old but I have actually managed to find a partner for the fandom I was craving for (which funnily enough came from me having posted this) and I am in the same boat, happy with the turnout and it's been going a month or so strong.
That's great! I'm glad to hear it. Funny how things work out right when you feel like giving up, huh? I was getting pretty frustrated myself, when the 40k fandom thing finally came to fruition. It took a lot of pushing, and advertising, and prodding around for a GM. But it finally happened.

lol, join the club. I don't even care about fandoms, I've been here since 2016, and I've been in maybe 3 games in that time - none of which lasted beyond a few posts. good luck.
Just three fandom-related rp's? understandable. Guessing interest died down when it came to those three or something?

That's great! I'm glad to hear it. Funny how things work out right when you feel like giving up, huh? I was getting pretty frustrated myself, when the 40k fandom thing finally came to fruition. It took a lot of pushing, and advertising, and prodding around for a GM. But it finally happened.

It is pretty funny. I had so many things swirling around in my head about the RP plots and everything, posted this on a whim after coming out of a failed attempt and then boom.... The heavens decided to plop everything into place for me and here I am, having a lot more fun than I was having in those days leading up to when my previous attempts at doing said RP failed.

It's maaaagic!

Well, to be fair, as a local rare fandom resident and fandom rp apologist, even I admit that there are fandoms which are nearly impossible to find a rp for, unless you try to make an original setting rip-off and get someone interested.
But I do believe in luck, because I found seveal rp for rare fandoms which went quite well. And it wasn't because those fandoms suddenly surged in popularity or the search threads were extremely well written. It's pure luck. Which is why I encourage people to not give up but it's really daunting sometimes to get a good rp going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back