• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN: CHAPTER II | OOC [On Break!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Good point. My plot brain has been less than creative lately. When I try to think of one that is group-worthy, it usually involves some type of magical/fantasy element. The only times I have successfully created something that is not entirely magic-related is a political marriage between two royals. That would more or less make the prince&princess the main characters though, so it'd only work as a 1x1.

I love sandbox RPs, but like you said, they're difficult to keep going. I've had my fair share as both participant and creator and the people I've roleplayed with don't contribute at all. I've tried pushing them and giving them ideas too but it doesn't work. :<
In my experience, rather than just giving players free reign, give them guidelines to work with. Have a pseudo-narrative in mind but let them decide how things will play out.

One of my big RPs I had 6 kingdoms each belonging to an element. Players created their kingdoms, laws, trade, and all that (this was before nation building was a thing mind you) and they were ALL at war. Queue negotiations, treaties, ceasefires, betrayals, sacrifice and the whole fuckin shebang lmao.

In my experience, rather than just giving players free reign, give them guidelines to work with. Have a pseudo-narrative in mind but let them decide how things will play out.

One of my big RPs I had 6 kingdoms each belonging to an element. Players created their kingdoms, laws, trade, and all that (this was before nation building was a thing mind you) and they were ALL at war. Queue negotiations, treaties, ceasefires, betrayals, sacrifice and the whole fuckin shebang lmao.
See that sounds fun. Another downside though is that sandbox rps get soooo big and difficult to manage (even with multiple co-gms). And they die a lot quicker

See that sounds fun. Another downside though is that sandbox rps get soooo big and difficult to manage (even with multiple co-gms). And they die a lot quicker
It has the potential for a quick death. Mine died after a year. But a whole YEAR of roleplaying without an actual story other than the ones the players create? That's pretty good m8.

It all comes down to you.

Good point. My plot brain has been less than creative lately. When I try to think of one that is group-worthy, it usually involves some type of magical/fantasy element. The only times I have successfully created something that is not entirely magic-related is a political marriage between two royals. That would more or less make the prince&princess the main characters though, so it'd only work as a 1x1.

I love sandbox RPs, but like you said, they're difficult to keep going. I've had my fair share as both participant and creator and the people I've roleplayed with don't contribute at all. I've tried pushing them and giving them ideas too but it doesn't work. :<

You can have a more human plot with fantasy elements as well. Like magic and dragons and demons and all that thrown into the mix of whatever your plot is, be it an epic journey, or an arranged marriage.

I also think that if you wanted to do something like an arranged marriage between prince and princess, that could definitely work as more than 1x1. The prince and princess are the poster children for something like that, yes, but there's also necessarily a lot of other people involved in a huge development like that. Like, the royals' families; do they support the marriage or are they against it? What will they try to do to prevent/ensure the marriage? The royals' retainers/soldiers. The commoners of each nation involved; do they have good historical ties or do they usually hate one another? How will they react to this marriage? Happily or poorly? In any case, how are they affected by the marriage? A great deal? Not at all? There are a lot of ways to get characters other than the prince and princess involved in a plot like that, I think.

There's also whatever's going on in addition to the marriage to consider, like maybe you have the demon hunt thing or the death cult trying to resurrect their dark god going on at the same time?

You can have a more human plot with fantasy elements as well. Like magic and dragons and demons and all that thrown into the mix of whatever your plot is, be it an epic journey, or an arranged marriage.

I also think that if you wanted to do something like an arranged marriage between prince and princess, that could definitely work as more than 1x1. The prince and princess are the poster children for something like that, yes, but there's also necessarily a lot of other people involved in a huge development like that. Like, the royals' families; do they support the marriage or are they against it? What will they try to do to prevent/ensure the marriage? The royals' retainers/soldiers. The commoners of each nation involved; do they have good historical ties or do they usually hate one another? How will they react to this marriage? Happily or poorly? In any case, how are they affected by the marriage? A great deal? Not at all? There are a lot of ways to get characters other than the prince and princess involved in a plot like that, I think.

There's also whatever's going on in addition to the marriage to consider, like maybe you have the demon hunt thing or the death cult trying to resurrect their dark god going on at the same time?
Fair point. When I had my 1x1 going, it was complex and involved a lot of characters and other plots. The prince was of another race of sorts and it was just an ongoing war between his kingdom and the human kingdoms. Then poster child human princess was sent in to marry him and calm everything down but a lot of people on both sides were very, very unhappy. A lot of assassination attempts, angry ex-fiances, bombings, lying, yada yada. LOL

The links are in the following chat. But the interest check is where the lore is. IF anything just click on the OOC

LMAO. I checked in because I thought I wasn't getting notifications again but whew. Thank goodness (and unfortunately) I haven't missed anything

Also I might write Morgana came late night to visit and talk about Lucrezia. Ended up taking care of Tannur’s dead-self because the door wasn’t locked or something and then she left without a word.

Idk though I’m going to have to reread to get a better idea of what went down. Might just write Morgana picking up some eggs

Also I might write Morgana came late night to visit and talk about Lucrezia. Ended up taking care of Tannur’s dead-self because the door wasn’t locked or something and then she left without a word.

Idk though I’m going to have to reread to get a better idea of what went down. Might just write Morgana picking up some eggs
The random post surprised the fuck outta me lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back