• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN: CHAPTER II | OOC [On Break!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Avari

Four Thousand Club

chap ii.png

OOC.png

Welcome to the new OOC for BEING HUMAN, specifically for the upcoming Chapter II. There are no plans to start the RP until after Xmas, and there's a lot to organize in terms of character creation and a bit of retconning going on. Please find all relevant information below to assist you in the RP. This page of the OOC will be constantly updated so please check by on occasion.

A BRIEF GUIDE TO THE LORE
(More in depth infomation is location on the Lore page and CS)

AETHER
A world of fantasy, steeped in magic and mystery. The barriers between Aether and Earth have slowly been breaking down over the centuries, resulting in individuals from Aether becoming trapped on Earth. The slow erosion of the barrier will become a major plot point later on, but not really a major present concern save for Lucrezia and Roland.

LUCREZIA, THE SHADOW QUEEN
A ancient and powerful sorceress who pushed Aether to the brink of ruin. It was revealed at the end of Chapter I of BEING HUMAN, that Lucrezia waged her war to prevent Aether from meeting a grim fate that still approaches on the horizon.

ROLAND FAIRCHILD, PRINCE OF ALCAMOTH
A hero who claimed a sacred sword of legend and fought against Lucrezia during the war, now forced to work with her to save the home he loves.

THE CHURCH OF LIGHT
The primary religious organization of Aether, dedicated to the goddess Meyneth who has long since abandoned her creation. Built upon a mighty military of paladins with fanatical devotion to the cause, the Church was revealed to have a nefarious purpose - and one of their members: High Sentinel Staxos, attempted to kill Roland at the climax of Chapter I - resulting in the destruction of most of Covent Garden in London.

ABNORMAL
A Human with Aetherian Ancestry, effectively giving them "super powers". Abnormals are forced to live in hiding and have limited understanding of their powers.

TIER MAGIC
The term for Aetherian magic. As the name suggests, magic is broken up into specific tiers in Aether - the higher the tier, the stronger the magic. The magic of Aether is significantly greater than what even the strongest Abnormal can achieve. Shamelessly stolen from Overlord.

THE FOUNDATION
A mysterious organization directed by the enigmatic Kaysen, the Foundation is tasked with the capture of all Abnormal individuals - of whose fates are unknown. The Foundation is currently hunting for those responsible for the Covent Garden attack.

LIN.png

THE PASSAGE OF TIME

In a vein similar to the Persona games, the RP is broken up into a cycle of day and night time segments - each will be clearly marked by an update from myself with a calendar post that will tell you the date and weather, along with any notable events that are going on around London. Think of them as effectively mini-chapters within the RP, to ensure no one jumps ahead or is left behind.

31ST JULY.png31st july jnight.png
Daytime is 6am - 6pm. Nighttime is 6pm-6am
For a daytime post, you might be having lunch with another character, writing a post about your day at work, simply eating breakfast, shopping or engaging in some other activity either by yourself or with another player. If you plan on interacting with another player character, please check with them in advance.
After everyone has posted or signaled they're ready to proceed, the night time segment begins (again, with a focus on a single event for your character) before we roll into the next calendar day. As a rule of thumb, we'll be aiming not to spend any longer than a week on each daytime/nighttime segment. But some days might take longer than others depending on pacing.

You will be warned in advance of dates that have a plot significance, so you can plan around them as necessary.

DAILY LIFE

The world is modern day London. From July 2018 onwards. For the vast majority of characters - day to day life is a grind as you not only struggle to pay for rent and food, but deal with the stresses of trying to keep your head down and avoid discovery after the Covent Garden disaster - regardless if you were directly involved or not As a general guide, you should be attempting to follow a realistic life/work balance and always keep your characters financial situation in mind. Please avoid situations where there are more than three characters interacting at once. If you insist on doing so - please plan it in advance. It always becomes a mess.
Aetherian characters have only been on Earth for two months at most, and will still be occasionally baffled by certain facets of society. Abrnormals and Humans will naturally be far better adjusted.

THE FOUNDATION

The primary threat to Abnormal and Aetherian characters - even if they're not aware of them at the start of Chapter II. The Foundation is led by an enigmatic man called Kaysen, who is in charge of investigating and locating the culprits behind the Covent Garden disaster. He has a small army at his command, and the Foundation seem to be fully aware of Abnormals and the threat they pose. They have seemingly limitless resources and the complete compliance of the police. Kaysen will always be hunting you. And there will occasionally be posts from Kaysen's perspective as he works the case.
Be aware that using your powers around witnesses will hasten Kaysen's investigation. If you're caught, that's basically it for your character and you'll have to create a new one. No, i'm not kidding.

kasyen small.png

resourses.png

BEING HUMAN CHAPTER II RP

BEING HUMAN CS

AETHER LORE GUIDE
(Magic Guide | Aether Map | Church of Light | Elves | COMING SOON: Dwarves | Shadow War history | Luxetsu and Rakuyo)
CHAPTER I RP
(For those inclined. Not necessary to read but a handy resource if needed)
NPC GUIDE
(A brief guide to minor characters that will appear in Chapter II)
LOCATION GUIDE
(vital locations)
Meetingwords.com
(an excellent resource for group posts.

CAST

Avari Avari

Lucrezia | Lisa Sparrow | Various NPCs

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin
Roland Fairchild | Arryn Blacksmith | Samantha Fletcher

IG42 IG42
Tannur Yale | Clair Drayden

@Koala
Morgana | Elena Benoit

Disco Disco
Avery Luciano

@SlySilvie
Silver Ferae

shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Sebastian Williams

Larry Larry
Ludwig Von Lowenburg

@Shotgunpenguin
Juniper Arc

@Sushi Muncher
Scarlet Sommerfield

@Phayne
Ezra Lawless

@Shmivian
Summer Jones

Deadly Malice Deadly Malice
Ashton Hawkins

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect
Nikolai Vissarionovich

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
Ginny Grey

RI.a RI.a
Victoria Cain

PENDING

Ali Ali
@LoneSniper87 Ana

slow.jpg

9b715996c8111f7f3e1010f34436840b.png

CHARACTER ACTIVITY CHART
(Updated daily!)

Last edited:
So what happened in Camden Town? Last I checked everything in chapter 1 went down in Covent Garden.

I suppose I'll ask one for thr heck of it! So for the human characters, will they come into contact with Aetherians and Abnormals as the plot develops or can it be completely by chance?

I suppose I'll ask one for thr heck of it! So for the human characters, will they come into contact with Aetherians and Abnormals as the plot develops or can it be completely by chance?

Up to you.

It's free roam buddy. Make your own adventure! Aha.

Players are recommended to make their own stories and make contact with other players themselves. The overall plot will naturally thread into things.

In. Uh. Theory.

On that note, if anyone has their characters ready and is interested in plotting any stories involving interactions with any of my people, feel free to PM me about it and we can brainstorm some ideas.

Arryn in particular needs a new roommate cause his old one died, sadly.

On that note, if anyone has their characters ready and is interested in plotting any stories involving interactions with any of my people, feel free to PM me about it and we can brainstorm some ideas.

Arryn in particular needs a new roommate cause his old one died, sadly.

I may have someone for you actually...

I think I have like 95% of my character ready. Although I feel like I should wait till he's in the CS thread and 100% approved before trying to set-up interactions.

Also, Magic's flatmate died a horrible death because the player who was RP'ing him vanished.

LET THIS BE A WARNING TO YOU ALLLLLL

IMG_20181126_140115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back