Experiences Being Busy To Keep Partners

CookieGalaxy

I've had my good and bad roleplays. I've had good partners on Amino before I deleted the app for good due to it being full of toxic people that pressure you. I've decided to go back to Discord and roleplay through there. Except that I'm finding roleplaying to be challenging than it was before. Because well, I had to become busy so it would be easier to navigate and not rush my partner. I learned to deal with it. Ghosting sucks.

I can relate. I used to write on Amino too. Sometimes, I just find the pacing moving too quickly, especially when I’m trying to manage multiple RPs with my irl schedule. Granted, it’s probably my fault for taking on too many. But it’s another thing when the pressure comes from the other side. It’s stressful and it makes you want to quit altogether. I usually just remind them of my time constraints and I find most people accomodating. If they’re impatient, I just excuse myself.

Ghosting happens too. I think it’s a sad reality of writing with other people. They can change their minds at any time. But I’ve learned to accept that. It’s okay. I’ve never been one to full close out an opportunity to continue, if my partner’s not been around in a long time.

I hope you hang in there though and find partners who can be patient with you. Best of luck!

Ghosting sucks and I have done it a lot over the years. It has taken me 5 years to finally feel like I can focus. I also got medication that helps with that a bit. I just get overwhelmed and then I feel anxious because it has taken me so long and so instead of just confronting it I vanish and don't log in to the site for months or a year until I realize that I just should say something, but now it is too late

Users who are viewing this thread

Back