• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Beginning of the End - Whiteboard Story

Cychotic

♠ sᴘᴀᴅᴇs
As the author is increasingly bad at creating introductions to properly open a story, they will only start with one word.

Hello.

Our protagonist today is incredibly confused. After falling asleep fitfully the prior night, they have woken to find themselves standing on a cement sidewalk. They feel the weight of keys in their pockets and as they shift, the keys clink against each other.

However did they get there?

Upon further inspection, it seems there is a segment of street in front of them. A house sits behind them although there is no clear vision of it.

From what is known, you cannot see anything else but the setting described above.

You are certain the key opens the door to the house. Nothing else seems certain.

IMG_3341.JPG

Do you...

a. Enter the house
b. Step out into the street[

What and odd choice. Our protagonist takes a tentative step forward. But before they are able to, a honk ensues, followed by a car that rolls up to our character.

Most odd. Good thing you hadn't yet taken the step or things would have gotten a bit bad. It seems that through this step, you have gained a gender of male.

IMG_3344.JPG

The driver yells something.

"Hop in!"

Do you...
a. Do it, what can go wrong?
b. Let's not and head for the house instead
c. >______

Our protagonist refuses the offer and instead turns towards the house.

Taking the key out of their pocket, they unlock the door and promptly head inside. They realize they no longer have a pocket anymore and the key disappears.

IMG_3345.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG

The house seems to be fully lit with furniture inside of it.

IMG_3347.JPG

Do you..?

>__________

>Look in the Library

Our protagonist enters the library. Upon entrance it seems it is but a simple study with books, a desk, paintings, and a computer.

However, as he takes steps into the library, a voice calls out to him.

IMG_3349.JPG

The painting seems to be speaking to the protagonist. Speaking of, he needs a name.

"Ello!" It says.

Do you...

>_______

"You, what is up?" You say.

"What is up?" Our protagonist greets the painting.

IMG_3358.JPG

"Me, apparently," it replies with a roll of its eyes. "I've been stuck here for ages."

"Who are you?"

Ask it for your name.

Our protagonist shrugs as he doesn't have a name yet. The painting finds this odd and looks at the protagonist closely.

"I dub thee Alfred Nox," he finally says.

IMG_3359.JPG

The painting sighs. "Alright, whatever are you doing here? Spit it out before I find a way to peel myself off this wall and smack you for trespassing!"

>_______

Last edited:
Ask if you can use the computer.

"As if I could stop you," the painting scoffs. "Use it, I don't care."

The painting attempts to wiggle as if trying to escape the wall but to no avail. Alfred wonders whether or not the thing will even be able to walk after escaping. Probably not. Who knows.

IMG_3360.JPG

With a nod, Alfred seats himself in front of the computer. It takes a moment of doing absolutely nothing before it flickers on.

IMG_3361.JPG

And to his surprise...

IMG_3362.JPG

Is that him?

>___________

Mysterious. See if you can input any commands.

"Gah!" The painting laughs in mockery. "You've got no fingers. It's impossible!"

IMG_3363.JPG

It further continues its teasing. "It's not as if you can grow them." And yet as soon as the words escape its mouth, an odd thing happens.

IMG_3364.JPG

It seems Alfred has grown fingers on his right hand for now. He bashes randomly on the keyboard, unsure of which command to type. After a moment of anticipation, this happens.

IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG

Alfred hears a door slam in the distance.

"Oh, now you've done it," the painting groans.

>_____________

Quick! Hide before you see yourself and create a time paradox or something!

Create a time paradox?

He's got no time! And not enough Skeel Pointzz. And apparently, his fingers are gone.

With no clue as to how to create a time paradox, Alfred dashes away and behind one of the spaces between two bookshelves. A bag labelled Voss is near his feet.

With a pop, the painting dislodges itself and scurries inside of the bag.

IMG_3368.JPG IMG_3367.JPG

"What are you looking at?" It whispers with a glare.

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG

Alfred peers over the shelf to get a glimpse and quickly hides himself once more. The clone or whatever it is of him speaks.

"I see you."

>__________

This one seemes more agressive...
Stay completely still and hope he doesn't actually see you.

Staying completely still, Alfred could only wonder about what he was doing there. Footsteps neared until his duplicate stood directly in front of them.

IMG_3372.JPG IMG_3374.JPG

Unsure of what to do, Alfred uttered not a single word. Instead, the painting burst out of its bag and gave the duplicate a kick.

IMG_3375.JPG

What an odd way of attack.

IMG_3376.JPG

Oh dear.

IMG_3377.JPG

Oh my.

IMG_3378.JPG

Now what?
>_________

Well, that's not too good, is it?
Grab the painting and run!
Definitely not good. Alfred attempts to pick up the painting with no fingers.

IMG_3379.JPG

He's pleasantly surprised to find that it works. It doesn't make sense, but it works to his amazement.

IMG_3381.JPG

Without hesitation, Alfred makes a break for it.

IMG_3382.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG IMG_3384.JPG IMG_3385.JPG IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG

As he reaches the top of the stairs, he slams the door shut. A click confirms that it has locked on its own accord.

IMG_3388.JPG

2.0 bangs on the door.

IMG_3389.JPG IMG_3390.JPG

Odd, it seems that Alfred has arrived at the second story. The banging continues, but to his relief, 2.0 is unable to enter for now.

>__________

Well, uh. Not quite as expected.
Examine the red stuff and the dead body for clues.

Moving over to the dead body, Alfred is glad he does not have a nose. The stench would be horrifying. Still holding the painting, he investigates.

IMG_3395.JPG
IMG_3396.JPG

Odd... Alfred Nox rips the tag off of the dead body's neck with his free hand.

IMG_3397.JPG

Now, what could this mean? He turns and walks towards the red stuff.

IMG_3398.JPG

To his relief, it is merely a red puddle painted on the ground. In the middle of the puddle is an unopened ketchup packet.

IMG_3399.JPG

>__________

Users who are viewing this thread

Back