• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Beginner DM Looking for Players [closed]

Sor-ca

Bust :(

• The messenger finds you even in the everyday bustle of Kiel, bringing a plea for your aid. The script is unfamiliar, but the seal is that of a powerful figure of the Undercity, Janos Meer, who is widely known as the Beggar King. The letter was written by the assistant of Meer, whose straight, rune-like letters urge you to investigate the recent disappearance of his master. Whether you and Meer were good friends, collegues or rivals, one thing is certain from the content of the message: something is brewing in Kiel and here is your opportunity to learn more.

Welcome, adventurer

First, thank you for checking this thread. This is a short, pre-written text-based adventure lead by a beginner DM, who is looking for 3-4 players as an addition to the one she already managed to convince. The adventure features somewhat of a mystery, and I am planning on integrating it into my homebrew world.

I'm mainly looking for beginners who would be willing to learn along with me. I am happy to provide assistance with character creation or the game itself. I would like to ask anyone who applies to be able to post once a day when we are in initiative - otherwise, we can be a bit more relaxed. The adventure will take place on site.

Last edited:
Is this 5e? I'd be down. Not a beginner but am super laid back and not gonna try to "um actually" at any point.

Is this 5e? I'd be down. Not a beginner but am super laid back and not gonna try to "um actually" at any point.
Yes, it'll use 5e. It's perfectly okay, if you are willing to deal with me stumble, you are welcome to join.

Well. i might need to consider making a goblinoid for this one.
and yes i will use the dice roller for the character creation since stats are a part of creating a character story for me.
but first i need to figure out how to use the build in dice roller but in case i don't figure it out i will just use point buy

Last edited:
Hello is this still open? I'm interested.
I got a couple of ideas for characters. A human Barbarian like that of Bruce banner/ the hulk. Like he is somewhat smart and diplomatic until he goes into rage and becomes an unstoppable juggernaut

A cleric who saw too much and turned his back on his god.
Whichever one you think would be best suited for your campaign I'll make a sheet for

How about them Goblinoids.

Hey, if you got space I'd be happy to join. New-ish to DnD and would prefer to join a game with a new DM. Uh, goblinoid, and I have an idea for a Tiefling warlock hexblade. A dark duelist pirate more than a evil wizard.

Hello is this still open? I'm interested.
I got a couple of ideas for characters. A human Barbarian like that of Bruce banner/ the hulk. Like he is somewhat smart and diplomatic until he goes into rage and becomes an unstoppable juggernaut

A cleric who saw too much and turned his back on his god.
Whichever one you think would be best suited for your campaign I'll make a sheet for

How about them Goblinoids.
You seem to be the 4th person who shows interest, so you can certainly join. I would say that the second idea may not have enough opportunity to shine regarding the adventure (not a lot of moral exploration by default), but choose whichever you are more excited about, I will try to give enough opportunities to explore it.

Hey, if you got space I'd be happy to join. New-ish to DnD and would prefer to join a game with a new DM. Uh, goblinoid, and I have an idea for a Tiefling warlock hexblade. A dark duelist pirate more than a evil wizard.
If the first two people who reacted intend to create characters, we will be full, sadly. If they do not or if someone steps back, I will contact you, as I would like to give you an opportunity to join.

After
Well. i might need to consider making a goblinoid for this one.
and yes i will use the dice roller for the character creation since stats are a part of creating a character story for me.
but first i need to figure out how to use the build in dice roller but in case i don't figure it out i will just use point buy
If you make a post and edit it, the dice roller will pop up as an option.

After

If you make a post and edit it, the dice roller will pop up as an option.
it doesnt appear here. but it does appear when i edit a post on an extra page like ooc. so i might as well just give you a basic character sheet without the stats filled in for now, the stats and proper character sheet will be added later, when at least one idea is accepted from you.
Character idea 1: Neutral
The idea for my character is a Sea elf paladin [later on will pick the open sea oath], who is a member of a secret organisation [actually not so secret if pretty much everyone knows of its existence, just not know who is in it and where is the hq] which deals in gathering and selling of information, and to the public he is but a simple wandering sellsword which every so often works as a fisherman when his money runs dry. And his general goal is to just explore the world both the surface world and the underwater part of it, and maybe just maybe in his olden days just sell a travel log with every place worth visiting in the world.
Character idea 2: Lawful Neutral
Gerson is an old tortle at least by the standards of humans, most of his life he lived as a simple guild artisan making and copying maps. But he wished for something to change in his monotonous life, and his wish was fulfilled on one stormy night his magical prowess have awoken, they once laid dormant within him but now they crawled from within onto his shell and anywhere else. It was quite a fitting time really, cause according to the wizard present in his guild he awoken his dormant powers and could be classified as a sorcerer a storm one at that. So Gerson trained his powers for some time, before taking all of his paid leaves that he accumulated over the years at once, to travel the world, train his powers, defeat his boredom and maybe just maybe find a significant other.

Last edited:
it doesnt appear here. but it does appear when i edit a post on an extra page like ooc. so i might as well just give you a basic character sheet without the stats filled in for now, the stats and proper character sheet will be added later, when at least one idea is accepted from you.
Character idea 1: Neutral
The idea for my character is a Sea elf paladin [later on will pick the open sea oath], who is a member of a secret organisation [actually not so secret if pretty much everyone knows of its existence, just not know who is in it and where is the hq] which deals in gathering and selling of information, and to the public he is but a simple wandering sellsword which every so often works as a fisherman when his money runs dry. And his general goal is to just explore the world both the surface world and the underwater part of it, and maybe just maybe in his olden days just sell a travel log with every place worth visiting in the world.
Character idea 2: Lawful Neutral
Gerson is an old tortle at least by the standards of humans, most of his life he lived as a simple guild artisan making and copying maps. But he wished for something to change in his monotonous life, and his wish was fulfilled on one stormy night his magical prowess have awoken, they once laid dormant within him but now they crawled from within onto his shell and anywhere else. It was quite a fitting time really, cause according to the wizard present in his guild he awoken his dormant powers and could be classified as a sorcerer a storm one at that. So Gerson trained his powers for some time, before taking all of his paid leaves that he accumulated over the years at once, to travel the world, train his powers, defeat his boredom and maybe just maybe find a significant other.
Concept-wise, both characters could fit into the world. With Lothar, his job would give him a very good reason to be in Kiel, but I am afraid he could not explore the world as the adventure is contained in the city. If that does not bother you, he would fit nicely.
If Gerson doesn't mind that Kiel can't provide formal education to foster his skills, he is also a great choice.

personally i prefer Gerson. so i will start filling in the cs with what i have for him, and roll those stats for him in the dms to you or somewhere.
ok neither here nor in dms can i roll the build in dice roller.
so what other kind of rolling for stats can you accept here. like for example me rolling on some program and then giving you a screenshot or something?

character sheet in the cs should be ready by tomorrow.

We now have an OOC thread. This is so we can communicate and I don't spam this forum too much.
Megilagor Megilagor Jagson Jagson

Ayama Ayama , Lurker Lurker : Please give me a heads up if you wish to join. You still have plenty of time to create your characters, but I would like to know if I can count with you. You are welcome to join the OOC if you intend to parttake. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back