• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Beforeigners! Vikings! Victorian Era! Last Kingdom! Time travelling! Stone age! Mix and match! m/m, m/f, ?

MechanicalSnake

Like the Moon, part of him was always hidden away.
I have had, for a long time already, a very specific RP wish that I am only formulating now in quarantine times. :) The idea is based on the HBO show BEFOREIGNERS, however, please don't close the thread if you don't know it, because it's absolutely not necessary for you to have seen it!

Remember I've promised time travelling, vikings and 19th century folks? Well, the main premise of this rather short series is:
Suddenly (due to to time travelling incidents that have not yet been explained) people from different historical eras - stone age, viking era 19th century - begin to appear in the sea near Oslo. Some of them are actual historical figures, more or less famous, some completely anonymous. Jump a few years ahead, as the temporal exile continues, these people have to somehow be incorporated into modern society (or form their own underground). There are those fascinated by this phenomenon, just as are hateful people. Anything can happen!

How would I like to play with this? On the background of this events, we could bring in literally anyone we love from the abovementioned periods and have them react with the modern world in their own unique way. Want to have a victorian-era scientist who is confronted with modern technology? Sure. A prostitute who escaped from Jack the Ripper becoming a movie star? why not. Loved Vikings or the Last Kingdom (like me) and wished to throw them into a modern AU? Yay! Here's your chance!

The series also had a detective plot running on the background, which is something I could totally work with and create our own mystery to solve. I dare say I'm pretty good at plotting. :)

1588389830571.png

CHARACTERS: Now, there don't have to be any canon characters from the show, although there can be, if you liked them and wish them to be involved.
I imagine that in the RP, each of us would either have two characters from different eras, or one main character and a couple of NPCs. Or you'd have your character and I'd have mine plus NPCs. Whichever suits you.
Eventually, romance is possibly, but not necessary. If it happens, I do prefer M/M, but I have played and am willing to play M/F romance plot too, as long a can be the male. :)

OTHERWISE, I only have a few REQUIREMENTS and NOTES:
- Please be over 18 (I dont necessarily plan to include excessive violence or sex, but I am in the older age group on this forum and it would make me uncomfortable to play with someone that much younger, cause I'd feel like a granny)
- Be decent - try to let me know if you're no longer interested or if you're gonna be away for more than a week, so that I wouldn't have to refresh my inbox in vain :D
- I'll play on discord, but I prefer RPN messages.
- No one-liners!

OTHER IDEAS AND FANDOMS:
I do want to do the above RP a lot. BUT, I will also gladly roleplay write a different story with you, if you are interested in any of the following:

- Steampunk
- Celtic mythology fantasy/urban fantasy
- Nordic mythology fantasy
- Adventurous fantasy of the DnD type

- Vikings
- Star Trek
- Pet Shop of Horrors
- The Untamed

I will be bumping this every once in a while in hopes that someone finds it appealing one day :D
1588444336721.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back