• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Before the Storm [FAQs]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Zariel

رئيس الملائكة
Roleplay Type(s)
Warning: Please do not post on this thread! Ask questions in the OOC thread or Discord server. Thank you.

FAQs

Here you will find answers to commonly asked or important questions. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask in either the OOC thread or Discord server, I'll do my best to answer them. This thread will be updated with answers to any questions deemed useful to everyone.

What is the level of technology in the setting?

Typical swords, axes, spears, many other weapons and magic or perhaps a combination of both; it is a high fantasy world. Firearms are a recent invention, first created by the Fortians but primarily used by those in the Grim Isles. Albeit they are relatively lacklustre in this world and not as effective as some attack spells and enchanted weapons. Moreover, they become redundant in prolonged combat. The most common methods of long-distance travel are horseback and sailboat.

How many characters can I make?

Currently, one character is the limit. In the future, it is entirely possible for me to allow for the creation of additional main characters.

How OP can my character be?

Well, considering they're among the most elite knights in Galar, pretty OP when compared to a regular knight. However, this story wouldn't be any fun if your character is swatting enemies like flies. A powerful character calls for powerful adversaries. Many of the opponents our characters will face will be more than a match for our characters and will easily push them beyond their limits. So no powerplaying or godmoding.

What type of magic isn't allowed?

Honestly, I'm not going to put anything "off-limits". Whether or not something is allowed is going to depend on the calibre of spells your character is using. E.g. your character could have time magic but their spells are limited to accelerating or reversing a small period of time, or maybe they can only use their magic to look into the past or future, I would much rather allow a character like that than say a fire mage who has a spell that can nuke an entire city. I hope that makes sense.

Writing requirements?

As long as you meet the minimum requirements (1 paragraph once a week), you can write a much or as little as you want. But please be considerate enough to provide enough for others to interact with you. Absolutely no one-liners... bleh.

Will there be a sequel?

Indeed. But first, let's focus on making sure this RP is successful. I want commitment. That being said, I'm all for the idea of exploring different tales from across Gaia. Maybe next time we will tell the story of an aspiring Warmother from the Sveljord, a group of thieving pirates from the Grim Isles in search of treasure, or maybe even play as the Ascended demigods of Valencia and protect the planet from utter ruin.

Will the story be just constant fighting?

No. There will be breakpoints in the story where we can enjoy a little slice of life. Maybe our characters are leisurely enjoying themselves at an oasis in Valencia, or maybe they're investigating a crime such as the murder of a significant noble that was travelling through the Grim Isles. Almost anything can happen in Gaia. Also, character arcs will be intertwined or take place between points in the story and they don't have to revolve around fighting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back