• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beep boop I'm a test page

Test success?

• Ya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Na

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nimbus

Cloud-based Magitek Compendium
Roleplay Type(s)
Oh my God! Another Jojo's Bizarre Adventure RP!
This one is about a racing adventure.
That's too much like part 7, you say?
Oho! This race is quite different.

Our Grand Prix is sponsored by the Speedwagon Foundation!
You're all heading to Luckyland! However, there's no telling who will get to the finish line.

And that's because...in the Lucky Land Grand Prix, you must also acquire clues to find your destination!

This RP will Chronicle the story of your journey!

How to race in the LLGP
1. Register with the Speedwagon Foundation (SPW). Note that instead of the main branch (still in Dallas, TX, in case you were wondering), your expeditioner/racer will be headed to the SPW Foundation's South branch in Florida.
A. Please read the story in the following post.
B. Please make a full profile. The first 3 sections will be the same, but the last one will vary depending upon your archetype. We like drafting profiles in Google Docs, even though RPN is pretty cool when it comes to saving your work as you go.
C. Please share the profile or profile link with me, Nimbus. I may suggest tweaks to your racer, particularly in the power section. In the spirit of the source material (manga, anime, games), your racers will all start out as "heroes,"* and "heroes" can't be way stronger than their adversaries from the start, right? When I review your profiles, that's the logic I use.
*Heroes do not have to always have a compulsion to do good/right. All heroes have some Resolve, which is the ability to accomplish what one sets out to do. Beyond Resolve, all individuals are as varied as wavelengths to light or sound.

2. Once I approve your racer, post your completed profile in the roster.
A. I'll be creating NPC racers also running the grand prix. You can select one of these as a companion or member of your racing team from the start, you can collaborate with other players in the OoC to form a team, or, in the words of Fleetwood Mac, "you can go your own way." Racers can form or break alliances at any point during the trip without being disqualified, so choose wisely...
B. If you don't have a vehicle, or some necessary supplies, consider picking them up at SPW south before you start your journey. SPW itself has one major goal in the LLGP, which is to pinpoint the location of Luckyland. SPW is dedicated to providing as much assistance to all the racers as they can in order to achieve this goal.
C. I reccomend reading all the profiles posted in the roster after you post yours. Some of these individuals will be your adversaries - knowing their potential could help you find their limitations. Others might prove to have a skill or power that can help you out in a pinch!

3. Contemplate your 1st post. Maybe even jot down a draft.
A. No waking up out of bed, please. All racers should be en route to or already onsite at SPW South branch. You can make how you get there interesting. You can investigate nearly every section of the branch normally open up the public for hints or secrets. Or, you can find someone to help get your bearings or just chat with.
B. Use what you know to make an interesting entrance - and not just source series knowledge. If you know nothing about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and you just came here to race, hunt vampires, or bop around as a cool cyborg or Horror, you can use your general knowledge to do something fun! Florida is your oyster...or maybe your racer just considers it an armpit?
C. Talk to your fellow players! Brainstorming results in wicked rad ideas. If you and another player discover a hint or secret together, you both get any resulting bonus. Win-win, right? Just remember that we're all here to shine on, like crazy diamonds. So be respectful OoC, ok?

The Crunch

After our intro posts, the game begins. Please keep these (admittedly looseygoosey) dice mechanics in mind.
A. Ready to rumble? Remember your dice! PVP conflict will require opposed rolls. You don't have stats, per se, but penalties or bonuses you pick up along the way may affect these rolls. I'll always let you know what you're rolling for to succeed and what bonus/penalty affects it. This game is mostly storytelling, so I only determine who wins/loses a PVP contest. You get to write how you win or lose, what the stakes are, and what your next action is. Like a ref, I can stop PvP conflicts. I tend to do this by throwing an even bigger threat your way, because I love you nerds.

B. Obstacles in the race come in many forms. You can choose to let the dice decide if you can avoid them entirely by requesting to contest the obstacle. There are reasons why you may not want to do so, since Adversity can provide growth and the occasional bonus. All of these saving rolls are 2d6 plus/minus any Resolve Bonus/Penalty. Rolling a total of 1 or less with any bonus/penalty included is a critical failure, except for lifesaving rolls, where 2 or lower results in critical failure.

C. D e a t h: It is really real in this game about fake people who do cool stuff. Your racer can get killed if they critically fail a lifesaving roll. However, you don't have to quit the race if this happens! I am very open to new racers entering in the middle of the expedition. And, because this is a Bizarre adventure, I'm also willing to work with you to find a way to continue the story of your afterlife.

Last edited:
Jjba, llgp1
Jojo's Bizarre, Bizarre Adventure, Part L.
ACT 1: Lucky Land Grand Prix

America, 209X

The Speedwagon Foundation has served as a peace corps around the world for nearly two hundred years. Between various events one can consider supernatural, the Speedwagon Foundation brought together their finest in research, medicine, logistics and technology to aid in natural disasters and humanity crises. So much so, in fact, that they have become a household name.

Wherever on the map you hang your hat, you've been following the Speedwagon Foundation for some time now. A notice on their media outlets piqued your curiosity:

Speedwagon Foundation wants YOU

85d537f9cf9599f55069b252779d4a7c.jpg

For our Expedition to Lucky Land

First to reach famed 9th wonder of the world receives once in a lifetime grand prize! Call 439-867-5309 to enlist.

An advertisement like this isn't usually Speedwagon's style. Plus, you're pretty sure if they decided to officially declare a 9th wonder of the world, you'd hear about it on the news first.

You might check out online message boards and other sources to see if this is or isn't a hoax. If you do, you find a rumor that the grand prize is the lifetime Hamon skills/knowledge of one of the few Hamon users left alive. There's a second theory - this differs depending on the source and may not necessarily conflict with the rumor of the gift of Hamon. Whether you believe any of this or not, something about this so-called expedition draws you to dial that strange number and enlist.

If you don't fact-find at home, you arrive in Florida a little bit earlier than you have to be there. You figure why not tour the place who's sponsoring this event? Speedwagon Foundation South is a well-furnished complex with an intriguing apparatus at the top. When you ask around, a girl hoverboarding in the halls replies,

“I suppose you could say it's a telescope.”

Why would the Speedwagon Foundation build a telescope at such a low elevation? You can't shake the fact that there's something weird about this branch. You enlist, or follow up on your earlier enlistment, in person. You notice one (1) suspicious happening while at SFS.

During your enlistment, the Speedwagon Foundation rep asks for a lot of personal information. Apparently the paperwork is drafted in advance for you to sign on site before the expedition begins. Since you believe they don't stoop to such low levels as to sell your personal information, you agree to submit the following to build your profile:

Registration -

Full name: Any kind of mix and match pop culture references are beautiful and valid.

Aliases or nicknames:

Nationality:

Gender/Pronoun:

Preferred mode of Transport:

Psychogram-

How do you feel about Speedwagon Foundation?

How do you feel about sunlight?

How do you feel about bow and arrow?

How do you feel about vampires?

How do you feel about humanity?

How do you feel about heavy metal?

Do you have any special talents? What are they?

Do you have any life regrets? If so, what are they?

Have you ever been cursed? If so, what is the nature of the curse?

What do you believe in? Do you believe in yourself?

Is there a person or cause that you would die for?

What is your motivation for enlisting in the expedition?

Itinerary-

Will you be traveling alone, or with a companion?

Are there any accommodations Speedwagon Foundation can make for you on your behalf?

Do you have any prior commitments scheduled for the future?

Do you have any next of kin/recipients of your will and testament?

Somehow, you're not sure how exactly, the Speedwagon Foundation has figured out you're not quite like ordinary people. Before you set off on the expedition, you were asked to fill out additional information. They also handed you a stack of corny looking and slightly dated pamphlets. How….thoughtful

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back