• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

SpiralErrant SpiralErrant

That's a fair point, but where are those ballistas located? If they're anywhere that's not southeast of us right now it will only serve to draw the Horned One away from the Lighthouse, which I think is one of our best shots of hurting or killing the thing.

I think two of them are on raised platforms overlooking the fight now. Think I read them being fired in a paragraph of the battle scene? And the third is north in tyren town.

Everyone needs to cal up their reserves, hell even civvies maybe, a militia could hold soem key points...

Ill bring up my two trolls and extra illusionist

Some notes:

The "Beast Feller" Ballista was not ready when the battle started, so that's an additional asset, potentially.

The Ratkin leader also brought a tear to the fight, but I'm not sure which one

The Attolians I believe planned to commune with "the green goddess" before the attack derailed plans.

Attackers from the first battle were interrogated about the horned one -- perhaps it is time to review what meager intel may be there...

Everyone Everyone :

Please let me know if there are any problems, gripes, complexities, requests, or pending orders that can be accomplished on the timetable with/simultaneous to, fighting the horned one.

Beckoncall Beckoncall

Actually, I have one. Daisy never got involved in the fight, she's still at the Warren trying to tap rocks together to communicate with the Zebani. How's that going for her?

Last edited:
It saves automatically! Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion

THANK YOU! I'll have something to do while everyone mulls over what to do about recent developments.

Also, I am off-ramping general ostruppen general ostruppen to instead onramping a faction caled "the Ashmen" -- In a reverse-continuity, the dwarves (who haven't yet settled anywhere) were merely the couriers for a particularly strange race, which you'll meet after the Horned one event is navigated.

It saves automatically! Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion

THANK YOU! I'll have something to do while everyone mulls over what to do about recent developments.

Also, I am off-ramping general ostruppen general ostruppen to instead onramping a faction caled "the Ashmen" -- In a reverse-continuity, the dwarves (who haven't yet settled anywhere) were merely the couriers for a particularly strange race, which you'll meet after the Horned one event is navigated.
Ha, can we use them for labor? We can always use more labor. Will they just be vanishing, or can we tap into a pool of Dwarf labor. They are industrious.

((sorry I have not been more present. My wife is overwhelmed with work that she also has been doing at home. Then I pick up the slack with the kids, and it seems that between chores, the kids, and sleep, there is no free time))

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion :

Don't sweat it. I entertained the idea of adding them to the labor pool, but they didn't even pick a place to settle -- I I'm writing it like they came thinking about settling, but were bringing a more low-tech faction in transit -- but decided to nope the hell out on that option when they see gods are trying to eat everyone. :D

I hear you Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion -- but I can't get into the slippery slope of people creating factions just to make the labor pool bigger -- besides, they have steam-suits and other elite military -- it's more than just miners. Maybe the lowest tier will stick around. That's not a bad idea -- but they'll likely end up siding with existing dwarves General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch (cough cough)

Everyone Everyone :

I am updating guild information at the end of the weekend. I have been itching for stuff to do in the game, and I understand that the horned one will take some time to plan a response to. If you want to update guild info in the google doc, there is a link above a few posts, by Bob. Guild involvement will generate or change influence. Influence will effect the amount of reinforcements people receive in the winter/spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back