• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Yes, there are somethings I had communicated to Beck in PM that I am unsure if it made it to the IC. Also, some guilds I had thought to join but did not or guilds I had mentioned that no one else seemingly joined. I am going through it now.

Question for anyone who cares to answer:

Strength: 5-1=4 (-2)

Dexterity: 11 (+2)

Agility: 9+2=11 (+2)

Intelligence: 11 (+2)

Wisdom: 7

Charisma: 11 (+2)

Vitality/Endurance/Constitution: 5-1=4 (-2)

Magic: 9 (+1)

Do these look like fair stats for a slightly more magical Finecians? 7 being neutral (no bonuses)

Question for anyone who cares to answer:

Strength: 5-1=4 (-2)

Dexterity: 11 (+2)

Agility: 9+2=11 (+2)

Intelligence: 11 (+2)

Wisdom: 7

Charisma: 11 (+2)

Vitality/Endurance/Constitution: 5-1=4 (-2)

Magic: 9 (+1)

Do these look like fair stats for a slightly more magical Finecians? 7 being neutral (no bonuses)

I'd lower their wisdom from my experience with them -- perhaps give them some kind of perk to compensate being too smart for their own good. Also -- I'd make agility and dexterity one stat -- otherwise you're punishing thief classes who need both to be relevant -- I know we could get into semantics, but agile creatures tend to be dexterous... especially if you make them humanoid. If you need more encouragement... check the ability scores for paizo pathfinder... there is no dex AND agility. Their system is TIGHT -- to ignore such an obvious lesson is poor homework.

But by the same token, Mutants and Masterminds makes a clear distinction between DEX and AGI. And MnM is meant to create a much broader set of characters than DnD and Pathfinder.

If Bob is making his first dice system, fewer variables = more likely to succeed

Everyone Everyone :

If you object to having your weapons poisoned, let me know in OOC, or I will assume the fennecs are permitted because nobody has said otherwise. (goes back to rolling buckets of dice)

Everyone Everyone :

If you object to having your weapons poisoned, let me know in OOC, or I will assume the fennecs are permitted because nobody has said otherwise. (goes back to rolling buckets of dice)
Essentially they would attempt to poison their weapons anyways (their annoying like that( but yeah it's mainly an offer

If Bob is making his first dice system, fewer variables = more likely to succeed
You do have a good point, and this system is meant to compare units and races, which there are gunna be hundreds of em running around so simple is better.

But I'd be using those two stats for two different things. If it doesn't work out I'll certainly follow your advice.

Thanks for the input.

This is probably persnickety of me but the tyren weapons would probably be too big for the minotaurs to see a point in applying poison.

The mercenaries are certainly the type to do it though :p the tyrenborn will follow the lead of the other archers and stealth units so I'm guessing they'd take it too.

Everyone Everyone :

At this point casualties/losses on both sides is unknown -- this was just one phase of the battle.

Two and a half times as many mudelves are storming the field now -- and the Horned one is with them -- it looks like the enemy has decided to go all-in.

You can discuss how to react to developments, try to assess casualties, or if anybody thinks I forgot something they can address it with me.

But the battle has just begun... and now...

...it's WAR.

-Beck <3

SpiralErrant SpiralErrant Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo Spacekitty Spacekitty General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch general ostruppen general ostruppen

Alright, so uh... we've got a situation here. Personally I wasn't expecting our combined effort to summon the HORNED ONE of all things, but I take this as a good sign. It means we're a threat to it so now its shown up to deal with the 'problem' personally. Good news for our ego, bad news for our faces. Still, I think there's some options we can look into here. Not all of which are pleasant but we need to consider all options now more than ever.

1) The Victorian Lighthouse. That thing has proven to be a powerful focus for the Fire Tear, and we already know it's capable of doing both a direct discharge as well as a radial burst of energy. We don't know what the range is on that direct discharge is though, but I think it's safe to say it's longer than the 3 square radius of the area blast. At most I think that would double the range, but that's a generous guess and I don't want to assume the Lighthouse can reach the Reinen settlement. No, we'll probably have to lure the Horned One closer to the Lighthouse if we want a chance at a direct hit on it. At least... that's if the Lighthouse only uses one Tear of Fire. Which leads me into my second point-

2) The Eye of Dracos. Now I can't remember if this is a Tear of Fire or just a really fancy jewel, but if it is a Tear we might be able to convince the Exiles to let us use it against the Horned One. Considering the thing is threatening all of us equally I would imagine they'd be willing to cooperate, which means we could double the output of the Lighthouse with a second Tear. If that's done we will definitely have the range we need, and we might even have the power to outright kill this thing with two Tears acting in tandem. BUT!!! The odds of both Tears surviving that attack is slim to none, so we would all need to agree on whether we're trying to kill the Horned One outright, or simply weaken it enough that it retreats to go lick its wounds. Now it's going to take time to retrieve the Exile's Tear and get the Lighthouse prepared, which means we have time to try and lure the Horned One closer to the Lighthouse. It's also possible the Horned One will try and attack us all outright, just wipe us out here and now, which means we simply have to make the army fall back in the direction of the Platz to make him follow us. However, considering the Horned One is a sneaky sumbitch who's tried clever tactics in the past, there's no guarantee this gambit will work. And considering the sheer power of this being I don't think even our combined mages would be able to cast the right illusions to draw this thing where we want it to go. And that's not even accounting for the new troops (which number in the hundreds again) preceding the Horned One as his retinue. However there is something that can possibly lure the Horned One where we want it to go, maybe harm it in the process, and certainly deal with the army the Horned One is sending over the river. Which... leads me to my third and least pleasant option-

3) The Blood Fountain. We already know this thing is a powerful demigod that was released from Tartarus as part of the Mage War, and we know it's capable of some serious voodoo as evidenced by Cassandra. And whether we agree with its policies or not, it's a deadly weapon that is willing to work for us, so long as we pay its price. And there is a LOT of free blood on the ground just sitting there thanks to our annihilation of the mud elf invaders, and even more blood just marching right over the river ready for slaughter. We can make a deal with this devil, but in doing so I wager the Fountain will be made powerful enough that it will take another, if not two or three other, demigods to banish entirely. If we deal with the Fountain we can damn near guarantee our victory and possibly kill the Horned One here and now, eliminating a major threat and giving us massive breathing room to deal with the Cull and all the other little problems plaguing our colony. If we don't deal with the Fountain we ensure it remains in it's semi-weakened state, but we will then be forced to deal with the Horned One and this new attacking army on our own terms. And I'm certain there will be heavy casualties if we try and do this on our own without the Fountain's help.

So those are my thoughts on the situation. Personally, I'm willing to give the Fountain its share in mud elf blood as long as it doesn't demand any esoteric 'favors' from us. But what do you guys think?

Last edited:
SpiralErrant SpiralErrant Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo Spacekitty Spacekitty General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch general ostruppen general ostruppen

Alright, so uh... we've got a situation here. Personally I wasn't expecting our combined effort to summon the HORNED ONE of all things, but I take this as a good sign. It means we're a threat to it so now its shown up to deal with the 'problem' personally. Good news for our ego, bad news for our faces. Still, I think there's some options we can look into here. Not all of which are pleasant but we need to consider all options now more than ever.

1) The Victorian Lighthouse. That thing has proven to be a powerful focus for the Fire Tear, and we already know it's capable of doing both a direct discharge as well as a radial burst of energy. We don't know what the range is on that direct discharge is though, but I think it's safe to say it's longer than the 3 square radius of the area blast. At most I think that would double the range, but that's a generous guess and I don't want to assume the Lighthouse can reach the Reinen settlement. No, we'll probably have to lure the Horned One closer to the Lighthouse if we want a chance at a direct hit on it. At least... that's if the Lighthouse only uses one Tear of Fire. Which leads me into my second point-

2) The Eye of Dracos. Now I can't remember if this is a Tear of Fire or just a really fancy jewel, but if it is a Tear we might be able to convince the Exiles to let us use it against the Horned One. Considering the thing is threatening all of us equally I would imagine they'd be willing to cooperate, which means we could double the output of the Lighthouse with a second Tear. If that's done we will definitely have the range we need, and we might even have the power to outright kill this thing with two Tears acting in tandem. BUT!!! The odds of both Tears surviving that attack is slim to none, so we would all need to agree on whether we're trying to kill the Horned One outright, or simply weaken it enough that it retreats to go lick its wounds. Now it's going to take time to retrieve the Exile's Tear and get the Lighthouse prepared, which means we have time to try and lure the Horned One closer to the Lighthouse. It's also possible the Horned One will try and attack us all outright, just wipe us out here and now, which means we simply have to make the army fall back in the direction of the Platz to make him follow us. However, considering the Horned One is a sneaky sumbitch who's tried clever tactics in the past, there's no guarantee this gambit will work. And considering the sheer power of this being I don't think even our combined mages would be able to cast the right illusions to draw this thing where we want it to go. And that's not even accounting for the new troops (which number in the hundreds again) preceding the Horned One as his retinue. However there is something that can possibly lure the Horned One where we want it to go, maybe harm it in the process, and certainly deal with the army the Horned One is sending over the river. Which... leads me to my third and least pleasant option-

3) The Blood Fountain. We already know this thing is a powerful demigod that was released from Tartarus as part of the Mage War, and we know it's capable of some serious voodoo as evidenced by Cassandra. And whether we agree with its policies or not, it's a deadly weapon that is willing to work for us, so long as we pay its price. And there is a LOT of free blood on the ground just sitting there thanks to our annihilation of the mud elf invaders, and even more blood just marching right over the river ready for slaughter. We can make a deal with this devil, but in doing so I wager the Fountain will be made powerful enough that it will take another, if not two or three other, demigods to banish entirely. If we deal with the Fountain we can damn near guarantee our victory and possibly kill the Horned One here and now, eliminating a major threat and giving us massive breathing room to deal with the Cull and all the other little problems plaguing our colony. If we don't deal with the Fountain we ensure it remains in it's semi-weakened state, but we will then be forced to deal with the Horned One and this new attacking army on our own terms. And I'm certain there will be heavy casualties if we try and do this on our own without the Fountain's help.

So those are my thoughts on the situation. Personally, I'm willing to give the Fountain its share in mud elf blood as long as it doesn't demand any esoteric 'favors' from us. But what do you guys think?
Why not all three? I want to kill this guy outright and the ud elves while we have the chance. Make the Gnolls respect us

Spacekitty Spacekitty I'm of the same mindset, but the big thing is whether we want to fully invest in the Blood Fountain or not. A lot of us aren't so sure it's the best idea, but I think it might be a necessary evil right now.

Spacekitty Spacekitty I'm of the same mindset, but the big thing is whether we want to fully invest in the Blood Fountain or not. A lot of us aren't so sure it's the best idea, but I think it might be a necessary evil right now.
My peoples level of magical understanding is pretty much zero so I don't even know. I just wanna kill this guy.

I think its a neccessar evil... I dont THINK it wants to kill us

We don't knwo crap aout the Horned one, no idea of any weaknesses, nothing..

So at the very LEAST< we should as the fountain if it knows anything about it, maybe give it some blood to get it talking.

Just thinking off the top of my head but we have mana arrows from the ballistas and the Attolians and highborn brought along star tears of divinity. If some swift footed folk get on top of the raised platforms we could combine the gems with the machines for some probably powerful effect.

I'll be contacting the troops I kept in reserve to come down and help too so that could make a third magic arrow assuming it can't already reach from the hilltop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back