• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Beauty And The Boss (Alexis-Faye)

“That’s a nice name.” Annabelle smiled and looked down at the flowers yet again.

All Annabelle knew about the subject of family was that family stuck together, no matter what. How was this man supposed to know anything about family, when he didn’t seem to have anything but his maids around?

“I don’t intend on staying here for long, Jasmine. But you’ll be my friend until I leave.” Annabelle stated matter-of-factly.

“Thank you so much, Annabelle.” Jasmine smiled at her, everyone there already knew her name. Dio made sure to let people know that she was going to come, and to keep an eye out for her. Her eyebrow raised up slightly when she was talking about leaving, “What do you mean by that?” The maid was fairly confused. Hadn’t she known about the complete deal? She didn’t want to get her hopes up by saying anything to her just yet.

The maid tried to quickly change the topic, scared of accident saying something she didn’t mean to, “When was the last time you’ve ate? You must be starving! I know Dio didn’t want you to just lay around, but you can go finish exploring until dinner is ready. There’s a pool, or maybe you could check out the gaming room!”

“I’ll stay here, thank you.” Annabelle smiled brightly and sat on one of the benches. The garden was her happy place. Annabelle loved the outdoors.

“I haven’t eaten since last night, now that you mention it.” She said and tilted her head to the side. How could she have forgotten to eat? It was probably the anxiety of moving to a foreign place in such a rush.

“We should really get something for you to eat then. It’s really not good to skip any meals, it’s almost dinner time.” The maid said before checking the time. The others had probably already started to make dinner, so it shouldn’t take too long for it to be done. “Well, I should go set up the table. I’ll send you a message, or come find you, once it’s ready.” She smiled at her sweetly before excusing herself, walking back into the house.

Dio had finally came home, with blood on his suit. He took off his tie as he closed the door, then took the collar off of Lucifer. He continued to strip down until he was only wearing his pants, which were still pretty clean for the most part.

The maid had walked out the kitchen to get Annabelle for dinner before freezing when she saw Dio, “Oh! Let me help you with that.” She said as she went and grabbed his dirty clothes, holding them in her arms as she spoke to him once more. “Dinner is ready, I’ll bring you a shirt once I let Annabelle know. Of course I’ll put these away before I do that.” She smiled before rushing to the laundry room, putting his clothing into the dirty pile before going to find Annabelle.

Annabelle was still in the garden. She looked as if she were in deep contemplation. And she was.

Despite everything Jasmine had said about him, she was still under the impression that Dio was a cruel, heartless man of little morals. Sure, he had helped his staff immeasurably, but that could’ve been a way for him to create a dependency on his staff.

Annabelle stared at the ground, which had now begun to speckle with gentle rain drops. She simply couldn’t comprehend that her captor could very well be a decent person.

The first place Jasmine had checked was the garden, and she was lucky enough to find her still sitting here. She quickly walked over to her, offering her a hand. “Are you alright?” She asked, tilting her head slightly. “Dinner is ready. We should probably head instead before it really starts to rain.”

Dio had made his way into the dining room, leaving Lucifer in the living room to rest on the couch. He sat down at the table as an older maid served the food to all the plates laying there, which was only two at the time. He normally ate with all of his workers, but this was one of the first time he hadn’t. Tonight’s dinner was mashed potatoes, steak, corn and rolls. Dio had grabbed his cup, the maid filling it with wine as they spoke.

Annabelle snapped out of her trance and gave Jasmine a small smile. “I’m okay. You’re right. We should get inside.”

She walked through the halls with the maid silently, suddenly shy as she realized who she was eating dinner with. She entered the dining room without a word and sat at the table. Her movements were like that of a highly trained robot as she folded and placed her napkin onto her lap, adjusted the fork and knife until they were placed more traditionally at the table, and moved the plate more to the center of her space. She looked up at Dio wordlessly, her head tilted slightly to the side as if she were thinking of something to say.

Jasmine returned the smile and lead her to the dining room. She walked over to Dio’s seat and handed him a shirt before excusing herself from the room.

Dio grabbed the shirt from her, thanking her before swiftly putting it on. He didn’t even look at Annabelle for a moment. He grabbed his fork and knife, quietly cutting up his steak. “What did you do today?” He asked, looking down at his plate still. Dio grabbed a piece steak from his plate, whistling as his waved it around. A thud could be heard from the other room as Lucifer jumped off the couch. His claws clicking as he runs toward the dining room to take the steak he held out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back