• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Beauty And The Boss (Alexis-Faye)

Kakyoin

Official Nugget tester
Dio was inside of his office, sitting at his desk with his chin resting on his hand as he worked on some of his financial work that he’s been meaning to get done for awhile now. He looked through the papers that were spread around his desk. Many people had owed him money and it was time to pay up soon. Speaking of financial work, the man’s daughter was supposed to come today. Dio sat down the paperwork that was in his hands before standing up, walking over to one of his members. “Did they already send the car?” He didn’t want anyone to know where he was living at, so he sent one of his men to go pick up what had now belonged to him. If she didn’t come, then his man would simply take his father instead. The man nodded, so he looked at the watch he had on his wrist. “They surely are taking their sweet time, aren’t they? I have things to do.” He grumbled to himself.
Dio walked out of his office and decided to wait downstairs. He plopped himself on his velvet, black couch. He crossed his legs, glancing over at the door every now and then.

Annabelle traveled silently alongside the chauffeur after quickly learning that he did not like to be called such. How was she supposed to know the difference between the man that usually drives her around and him?

The windows in the car were tinted and made her feel claustrophobic. The ride seemed to drag on into eternity and part of her wished they would just arrive at their destination already. However, the more sensible part of her knew better than to hope for such things; she had no idea what was waiting for her beyond that nauseatingly small car.

The not-chauffeur made no effort to help Annabelle with her bags. Yes, there were only two, as Annabelle was somewhat an expert at packing as many clothes as she could into the smallest of compartments, but she still found it rather rude. She refused to let the reality of the situation set in, which is that this was not some sort of all-expense-paid vacation her father was sending her on. No, she simply could not think like that. It would only serve to make her panic.

As she approached the mansion, a bag in each hand, she stared up at the high doors and the anxiety set in. She wanted to run, to escape this unfamiliar territory. She noticed the not-chauffeur left without making sure that she went inside, so it was possible to flee. But she couldn't imagine what would happen to her dearest father if she did so.

A small knock on the door echos through the entryway. Annabelle bit her lip and stared with nervous - yet curious - eyes as she awaited her fate.

Dio had started to drift off into sleep for a moment, until he heard a knock on the door. He slowly pushed himself off the couch, yawning as he walked over to the door. He had stopped midway because his phone had vibrated inside of his pocket. Dio took his phone out to read what the text had said, ‘Don’t ask me to drive her around again. I don’t feel like being called a chauffeur. Should’ve either took his life or made him pay you back.’ He chuckled as he read it, sliding his phone away without replying to it. He’d deal with him later.
Dio walked over to the door, swinging it opened before glancing down. Oh. He’s probably seen children bigger than her. He had a bit of a glare as he looked down at her. Not because he was mad or meaning to, that was just his natural face. He stepped out of the way, giving her space to walk in, not yet speaking to her. Dio had some rules he wanted to set out for her. “Go sit on the couch, and close the door when you come in. I don’t want bugs getting in here.” He let go of the door handle, making his way over to his kitchen to get himself a quick drink to help wake him up. Dio was a busy man and put everything on pause just to deal with this whole situation.

The fear had not yet begun to set in for Annabelle. Sure, a monster of a man, twice her height was glaring down at her and barking orders, but that didn't seem to bother her as she looked up at him with a blank stare. She might as well have been spacing out. She was frozen, numb to her surroundings.

However, as soon as she shut the door behind herself, the panic set in. What was this man going to do to her here? Was this where he lived? Why did he want her here in the first place?

After a moment of hesitation, she found her way over to the couch but did not sit down. Instead, she placed her bag on the floor and stood to the side of the couch. She held her hands behind her back and swung her body gently from side to side, as if she were waiting for something.

Dio pulled out two glasses, pouring himself a whiskey and her a water. He didn’t know if she even drank or not, but she could be a lightweight and he didn’t want to have to deal with that this early in the morning. He walked back into the living room, freezing for a moment when he saw that she was just standing there. Whatever. If she felt like standing there for that long, then so be it. He stood there for a bit longer, just to make her wait before making his way over to the couch. He plopped himself down before setting the drink down on the coffee table. “I brought you a water.” He said without looking at her.

Dio took a swig of his drink before setting it down besides hers, then turning his head to face her. “I have a few ground rules that you have to follow while you’re staying here. You don’t have to agree to them, just follow them because I’m not asking. You’re not here for a vacation, your father owed me money and gave me you to save his own selfish ass.” He crossed his arms as he said that, giving it a moment to let it sink in before starting up again. “The first rule is that you’re not allowed outside of this household, unless I personally give you my permission. Even with said permission, you’ll be bringing along the man or woman of my choosing. The only places you’re allowed to be that’s outside of this house is the garden that is right outside.” He pointed over to the backyard. “Never, and I mean never, go into my room or my office. If you need something, you know how to knock. Secondly, I don’t like lazy people. There might be people who take care of this house, it’s very large and I certainly cannot do it myself. You’ll be helping them along with the household duties. You mess something up? You’ll be cleaning it…. Any questions before I continue?” He asked, resting his elbow on the arm of the couch, placing his chin onto his hand as he watched her.

Annabelle shook her head at the offer of water but didn't give a reason. She wasn't about to be poisoned five minutes into arriving at that place. She followed after him and sat down, facing her captor. Was he really a captor? She went there willingly, after all. Perhaps this really was all her fault.

As he read off his rules, Annabelle seemed to be listening intently. She looked as if she were taking mental notes in her head. When he finally finished spiraling out his long list of demands, she bit her lip. At a snail's pace, she leaned forward, closer to him. "You are not a gentleman at all, are you?" Her voice didn't sound demeaning or spiteful, nor was that her intent. Rather, it sounded like a statement of fact.

"Where I come from, people are a little more polite."

Dio shook his head and chuckled at her response, finding it ridiculous. She’s taking about him being a gentleman? “Where I come from, people don’t give up their children to save their own ass. Do gentlemen spend all their money on themselves, then when they can’t pay what they owe, they give up the one thing they’re supposed to love?” He tilted his head slightly as they ask, smiling at her. Even though he had a smile planted on his face, she was really getting under his skin. “If I had a child, I wouldn’t give them up like they were nothing. If you want to be mad, blame the person you called your father. I didn’t ask for you, he offered.”

Dio leaned closer to her, a blank expression now replacing the smile he once had. “You should be thanking me. I didn’t harm him in anyway and you’re privileged enough to live here.” He pushed himself off the couch and started to walk, “Grab your bags and follow me.”

Annabelle's face turned beet red in anger. How dare he insult her father in such a way. Sure, some of it may have been true, but Annabelle knew that her father cared for her. Growing up, it had just been the two of them. He got her anything she wanted, from the latest fashion to close friends. She stood up behind him and stomped her foot lightly as to not cause a scene.

"You will not refer to my father in such a manner." She stared up at him from under her glaring eyebrows. "What kind of man separates a family over something as trivial as money? Well, it doesn't look as if you have a family, so maybe you don't understand what it's like." She grabbed her bags and followed him, still fuming. "And if you think I'm going to follow some arbitrary rules just because you said so, you are just kidding yourself. Do you even understand who I am?"

Dio smirked to himself, his left hand balling into a tight fist. He stopped walking and turned his whole body to face her, towering over her. “If you’re feeling froggy, then leap.” He said in a pretty threatening, low voice. She was really talking to him any type of way in his own home? He took a deep breath before slowly letting go of his fist, trying to calm himself down. Not even grown men talked to him that way. Dio knew she could easily throw her like a rag doll.

“Fine. I could just return you home and take your father instead, if you wish.” Dio pulled out his phone and started to act like he was messaging one of the members in his gang just to scare her. There was nothing he hated more than someone who had no manners and no respect. She absolutely wasn’t scared of him enough. “I might not know who you are, but soon enough, you’ll find out who I am.”

One of his maids heard what was going on and rushed downstairs to help to calm down. “Sir? I could take her to her room, if you like.” She looked over at the young lady as she walked closer.

She frowned up at him, trying to seem unafraid. However, her hands were shaking. "I-if you take my father then you won't get your money," she quickly piped up, her face fear-stricken. "And I know that's all you really want, isn't it?"

Annabelle felt herself being backed into a metaphorical corner as the maid arrived. She clutched her bags in her hand tightly as she looked between them. "I'm not going anywhere unless I'd like to do so," her eyes flickered from the maid back to DIo, although she had to crane her neck to see his face. "I-I don't quite care who you are."

Dio shrugged with a calm expression on his face, “Wouldn’t be the first time. He obviously doesn’t care about his life that much… I could take all the stress you gave to me out on him.” He turned his head to look at the maid, shaking his head. “Didn’t you hear? She wants to go home. You can show her to the front door, the car will swing around to pick her up shortly. Knock on my door when they pick her old man up, will you?” He asked very kindly, smiling at her. Dio slide his phone into his pocket without actually sending the message. He was bluffing, good thing his poker face was amazing. He just wanted to scare her, which he could tell that she was already getting worried. “Well, good luck with everything.” He waved to her as a goodbye with a huge grin on his face.

The maid looked between them, with a slightly concerned expression. “O-okay. I understand.” She mumbled before walking slightly past the lady, “Right this way.”

Annabelle dropped her bags and ran after him. "Wait! That's not what I meant!" She reached up and tried to tap him on his shoulder. "Please... Don't hurt him."

She stopped running and stared up at him with pleading, but still angry, eyes. She wasn't sorry for what she said, and she would never admit to such. But she was sure going to act like it, only to save her father.

Dio glanced behind him to look at her, trying not to smirk. “Well, you heard her, Jasmine. Take her to her room. Let me know if she gives you any trouble.” He turned his whole body to face Annabelle, bending down a bit to get down to her level. “I’ll call off my men while you put your things away. Once your done, let one of the maids know. I have things to do, I’ll come back for you later.” He smiled before standing up straight, turning away from her and walking off.

The maid walked over to her, “You really shouldn’t speak to him like that. Making him mad won’t solve any of your problems. You should just be lucky that you’re a woman.” She shook her head, she felt scared for her for a split moment there. Even though Dio was very sweet to each one of his workers, she knew how scare he could be when he’s mad. “We really should hurry, I have to feed Lady and Lucifer.” She mumbled, mostly to herself before starting to walk to Annabelle’s new bedroom.

Once they were there, she swung open the door. The bedroom was very beautiful, having an elegant touch to it. The walls were a very light purple. White wooden flooring with a pink, fluffy rug laid out besides the bed. The room was huge, but didn’t have much in it, besides everything that a bedroom needed. A queen size bed, a television, nightstand, walk-in closet and a bathroom connected to it. Having plenty of space to make it her own. “If you need anything, please let me know.” The maid paused for a moment before remembering what she needed to do, reaching into the pocket she had on her apron. She pulled out a phone and offered it to her, “You should keep this. It has very important numbers on it, like Dio’s.”

"I'm not afraid of any man, let alone him," Annabelle mumbled and trudged along begrudgingly.

She had to say, she was pleasantly surprised with her living quarters. She didn't know what to expect; an old, stained couch, a dungeon? Her brain thought of a million scenarios on the way to the mansion, but she never considered the possibility that it would be as nice as this was.

"Who are Lady and Lucifer?" Annabelle turned to the maid, her head tilted. She thought to ask the maid what her name was but knew better. Father always said not to get too attached to the help. After all, they were only there to do their job and leave, not make friends.

She placed her bags on the bed, eager to explore the room. She decided she wouldn't unpack at the moment. After all, her father would fetch for her within two, three days tops.

“I can’t tell if that’s a good or bad thing. At least don’t try to anger him while you’re here. He really can be a sweet man, but he’ll never be kind to you if you get under his skin like today.”

If you went around and asked anyone who worked, or lived, here about Dio they would have nothing but good things to say about it. He was a very scary and mean man when he wanted to be. Not scared to take anyone’s life when he had to. “He basically saved my son’s life, so please. Don’t give him too much of a hard time.” Her head perked up a bit when she asked about the pets. “Oh, those are his pets. They’re so well behaved and adorable, I have to leave soon to feed them. It’s one of the duties.” She chuckled, watching as Annabelle sat her bags down. “If you need any help, just give a call.” She took a bow before closing the door as she left.

Annabelle toyed around with the cell phone in her hands as she slowly, silently paced around the room. Father never let her have a cell phone, even as an adult. He said she had no need for one. She didn't feel the desire for one either. Plus, she didn't want to accept any gifts from him. She opened the bottom drawer of the nightstand and stuck the phone in there, effectively hiding it from herself along with the world.

She hoped that Lady and Lucifer were something small, like gerbils or goldfish. She silently prayed that they weren't dogs. A dog named Lucifer had better never come near her.

She then tidied up the room to her liking. She tied the curtains in knots towards the sides of the windows to let the afternoon sunlight in. She straightened the carpet out and smoothed out the duvet. Annabelle felt rather cozy and that is what scared her the most, so she refused to unpack anything.

She sat at the edge of the bed and buried her face into the palms of her hands, tears in her eyes. Her love for her father was unconditional, but she didn't see why she had to be the one to suffer for his misdeeds. Because family sticks together, that's why.

Annabelle decided to change her clothes before calling for one of the maids. She put on a long-sleeved spring dress that had black velvet on the top and a pink and green floral print for the skirt. She put on a pair of white tights and a pair of black mary-janes.

As she opened the door to her room, she looked around. There wasn't a maid in sight. She slowly ventured out into the hallway. Still no one. Now was a good time to explore. She walked down the hallway towards the other bedrooms. Her curiosity was starting to become the better of her, as she wanted to see what was behind every door.

The maid had went all the way down to the basement, where the pets had stayed. Lucifer and Lady didn’t mind each other’s company, so they said in a room together with plenty of space to move around. They didn’t stay in the room all the time, Lady often liked to roam around the house. The maid had two bowls of food ready, setting Lucifer’s down by his water bowl. The large dog slowly got up and stretched before walking over to his bowl. He had lots of healthy things to eat, he was a pretty expensive dog to keep because he had to eat so much due to his size. The maid softly pet his soft fur before walking over to where Lady was laying, setting her bowl down right in front of her.

She felt her phone buzzing, so she pulled it out. “Well, I know what that means. I should let Dio know that I’m done before.” She mumbled and messaged him to let him know that Lucifer would be ready to go to work on a few. The maid walked out of the room, leaving the door opened this time, in case they wanted to come out. It took her a moment, but she made it to Annabelle’s room and knocked on the door. “Hello?” She called out, not wanting to open the door just yet.

Dio was in his office, typing away on his laptop as he listened to music. He glance over at the message he had gotten on his phone. He finished up on his work before sliding out from his chair and leaving, locking the door behind him. It was the only room that had to stay locked at all times when he was gone. He had important papers and things that he didn’t want to go missing or messed with. Dio walked down the long hallway, going inside of his room and closing the door behind him. He started to undress himself to get ready for work. Of course he had some dumb fuck to deal with, what would his life be without at least one of them?

Once Lady had finished her meal, she slowly made her way up the steps to leave the basement. She roamed around every now and then, pretty much ignoring everyone who wasn’t going to feed her or wasn’t Dio.

Annabelle heard shuffling from inside one of the rooms and decided that was in fact Dio's bedroom. She quietly walked past as to not get caught and made her way back to her room. She didn't want to risk pissing him off again, as she had had enough excitement for one day.

Annabelle gave a small, weary smile to the maid that was now at her door. "Hello again," she said in a small voice. She had been caught roaming. She hoped that this maid wouldn't tell Dio what she had been up to, "I was just looking for you... I'm ready now."

The maid jumped when she heard Annabelle’s voice, quickly turning her head to face her. “Oh! You nearly gave me a heart attack.” She chuckled, placing a hand where her heart is before taking a deep breath. “Well! Before we see what Dio has planned, would you like to look around? We have a very beautiful garden and many nice things to see around here.” She smiled kindly, “I’m sure the other members would love to meet you as well. If you’re hungry, we can give you snacks until dinner is made. I’m sorry we didn’t plan ahead for this.”

Dio slid on a fitted black suit, holding his tie and blazer in his left hand. He walked over to his bed, sitting the blazer down before he heard scratching at his door. He walked over to the door, opening the door slightly to let Lady in. She walked past him, rubbing herself against his leg as she did and ran toward his bed. She jumped onto it, stretching herself out on it. “I love you too.” He laughed, going back to what he was doing. Dio looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his tie and hair.

Annabelle would have much rather enjoyed exploring the house by herself, but she knew that the maid being around would probably get her into less trouble.

Part of her was confused. Why were things so nice here? To her, Dio was a cruel, wicked man who wanted to harm her father over a debt. Was she not an extension of that debt? Why did Dio even want her here, if not to make her life miserable?

"Okay," she said to the maid after a long pause in thought, "I'd very much like to see the garden. We have one at home that I adore."

She clapped her hands together with a smile, “Wonderful! It’s right this way.” Her voice was cheerful as she spoke, leading the way down to the living room. Another person was already there and cleaning, unable to hear them because they had headphones on. The maid walked over to the door, opening it and stepped out. She moved out the way to give Annabelle space to come out as well. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath to smell the beautiful flowers. There was a stone pathway leading to a fountain, which was rather large. Flowers surrounding the entire place. There were rose bushes, hyacinths and more. “We’re not done with this place yet. There’s still a few more things he wanted to add here.”

Once Dio was fully dressed, he exited his room with Lady following right behind him. He closed his door and made his way to the living room, shortly after Annabelle had. Making his way down to the basement to grab Lucifer. “Lucifer, come.” He called down the stairs before the large dog came running up, sitting right besides him. Dio grabbed his collar, placing it on him and grabbed his leash.

Annabelle looked around in awe. Her garden was minuscule compared to the one sprawled out before her eyes. A birdbath in the middle of her garden was a fountain in this one. The flowers were vast and the stone paths were spacious. She ran her fingers delicately over a flower, smiling a bit. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad.

No, she mustn't have those thoughts. Not now. She turned to the maid, a serious expression on her face. "You said he was nice... What does he want to do with me then?"

The maid stayed silent for a moment, not really sure how to answer that question. Dio never really went around to explain the things he does and why. “I’m not very sure, but I have to be honest with you. I’m not sure he wanted to take you in the first place. I don’t mean that in a rude way, but I’ve never seen him take an offer like this before. He warns people what will happen to them when they take his money without paying him back, yet they still do it. I never heard of anyone offering their child to pay off a debt…. Maybe he did it out of pity for you?” She shrugged lightly before rubbing the back of her neck, looking away. Dio never brought a woman home before, most of them annoyed him. Being loud, always wanting things, greedy, annoying. That’s how he viewed most. Letting this girl stay there came as a shock to everyone. “He really is a sweetheart though. When I found out my son had cancer, he found the best doctor he could and said I didn’t owe him a thing. He never raises a hand to women or children. He can be gentle…. Yet scary, but nobody here has a reason to make him upset.” The maid was hoping that Annabelle would come around and see how nice he was, knowing that her situation couldn’t be worse over here.

Dio grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note, saying that he had important business to take care of. To message him when dinner was about to be ready. He left the note on the coffee table before taking Lucifer and leaving.

“Pity me? Why would he pity me? My father loves me unconditionally. He gives me the world.” Annabelle said. However, she sounded like she was repeating something more than it coming from her heart.

She listened to the maid’s story and felt a twang in her stomach. Annabelle had never spoken to her maids unless it was to tell them what to do. By telling her story, this maid humanized herself to Annabelle. She looked at her again.

“What’s your name?”

“Oh! I’m not saying he doesn’t love you, but I never heard of someone giving up a child unless they felt they needed to. It’s hard to explain, but Dio has an image about how family is supposed to be. I shouldn’t be telling his business though.” She felt a bit bad for what she had said, thinking she spoke out of turn. “I really didn’t mean to be rude.” She mumbled, hoping she didn’t hurt her feelings or made her upset with what she had said.

“M-my name is Jasmine.” She was a bit worried that she was going to tell Dio what she had said. Even though she knew he wouldn’t do anything to harm her, she didn’t want to cause any trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back