• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SpazTheButcher

The Warrior-Poet
"They come from the end of the line, most of 'em. Small towns you never heard of: Pulaski, Tennessee. Brandon, Mississippi. Pork Bend, Utah. Wampum, Pennsylvania. Two years' high school's about it. Maybe if they're lucky, a job waiting for 'em back in a factory. But most of 'em got nothin'. They're poor. They're the unwanted. Yet they're fighting for our society and our freedom. It's weird, isn't it? At the bottom of the barrel, and they know it. Maybe that's why they call themselves 'grunts', cause a grunt can take it, can take anything."
-Platoon

1642790266472.png

These are the true events of February, 1968, in the No Drong Valley of Vietnam. A place our country does not remember, in a war it does not understand.

A the end of January, 1968, the combined forces of the North Vietnamese Army and the Vietcong launched a surprise counter assault against the American military and the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. In the end, casualties for South Vietnam and the US would be over 12,000, but this is not about after the offensive, but during.

1642791158868.png

This RP will follow the brave men and women of the US military, ARVN, and other allies during the Tet offensive. For any of you history nerds, the No Drong valley does not exist, I made it up purely for this rp. Speaking of which, follows two separate groups as they try to survive in an urban hellhole(No Drong City) being fought over during Tet. This RP will be

Groups:

A group of mix matched survivors from the city's destroyed base, Firebase "Hardtimes". They can be from any branch, but they can only be Americans or ARVN

A MACVSOG unit deployed for a mission that will not be told to the other group. This here is an excuse for anyone to play as any of America's allies, like the Australians or South Koreans

Rules:​

Minimum of 1 paragraph per post

Weekly basis of posting

Mature writers

No OOC drama or racism, but controversy is allowed IC (Just don't be an ass hat)

Shouldn't have to say this, but not every person who fights is a Medal of Honor winner or earned a Silver Star. Sometimes kids are drafted into war and aren't prepared to face it.

If we get enough interests, I will throw up everything, cs, ic, ooc, etc.

I am AFK over the weekend, so I'll see if this gains any interest by the time I get back on Monday.
1642791900082.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back