• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Beastly Adventures (Custom Dice System)

Endless_Stars

Screaming Void
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I have been working on a custom dice-based roleplaying game of sorts for a while now, but I have no one to play-test it IRL (no one in my household but me is into this sort of stuff).

It is based around the d10 mostly, but other dice are used.

The main thing with this is that players will be non-humanoid creatures in a medieval, high-fantasy setting.

I am looking for 2-4 players.

I have no idea if anyone will be interested in this, but if you are, please let me know.

Haha, well, hello there, D. Rex D. Rex . XD

I too would be interested in this sort of setting. And I’m rather curious how you would be implementing the dice.

I'm glad that you guys are interested! I'll give things a bit more time to see if anyone else wants in, then we will start. :)

I'm always interested in the furry initiative. Whats the system?
Haha, well, hello there, D. Rex. XD

I too would be interested in this sort of setting. And I’m rather curious how you would be implementing the dice.

P.S. Here is some basic stuff.

Stats:
Strength: Determines physical ability and hardiness
Agility: Determines hand-eye coordination and speed
Cleverness: Determines mental abilities
Astuteness: Determines observation and insight
Magic: Determines raw magical power

Stats go from -3 to +3

Skill Rolls:
Rolled to do different things (jump a ravine, decipher a code, detect a lie, etc.)
Roll 1d10 +(Relevant stat) +(Applicable bonuses) -(Difficulty) -(Contesting Character)

Over 10: Full success plus a bonus
10, 9, 8 : Full success
7, 6, 5 : Lose something or fail / Partial Success
4, 3, 2 : Failure
1 and under: Harsh failure

Natural 1 roll will always be a harsh failure. Natural 10 is always a full success plus a bonus.

Contest Rolls:
Rolled when a character tries to prevent an action of another (such as: when attacked the defender rolls a Contest Roll, trying to hide counts as a Contest Roll to others detecting you, and other things like that)
Roll 1d10 +(Relevant stat) +(Applicable bonuses)

Over 10: -2 to the opponent’s roll
10, 9, 8 : -1
7, 6, 5 : 0
4, 3, 2 : +1
1 and under: +2 to the opponent’s roll

Natural 1 roll will always be +3. Natural 10 is always -3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back