• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beast Souls OOC

Good good, likely thier breeding ground is in the cave...guarded by spiders, how do we get past them?

We can throw firewood and paper into the cave
Set fire to it
have Flame Wing fan the fire and hope it reaches all the way back
while throwing Molotov cocktails at the ones who escape?*
Maybe the spiders would just die from smoke inhalation?

*I'm sure we can make one, it's not that modern

We know they have weak points under their thoraxes and they are very flammable, the caves tunnels will be narrow, likely only room for one spider at a time, there may be chambers further in, but the entrances are definitely narrow. The earth surrounding the village is farm-able, which means it is soft, and can be dug into easily.

We know they have weak points under their thoraxes and they are very flammable, the caves tunnels will be narrow, likely only room for one spider at a time, there may be chambers further in, but the entrances are definitely narrow. The earth surrounding the village is farm-able, which means it is soft, and can be dug into easily.

Can we... dig a tunnel system under the tunnel system and just stab upwards?

Given options as I see them:

1. Poison food supply that is outside caves. cause spiders to die from that.
pros: not going into deathtrap cave. can utilize emperor’s army to help defend humans.
cons: spiders may have unknown foodsource which foils entire plan
2. set fire to entrance of cave. See if it fills entire cave.
pros: not going into deathtrap cave. quick retreat to fortified village possible. spiders hate fire
cons: Need supplies to make an adequate fire. fire may not behave as intended, either not filling the cave or even coming down to village. Cave size is unknown.
3. walk into cave and kill everything
pros: super cool hero moments. can set up choke points once known. gathers info about cave system.
cons: unknown cave size. high probability of ambush. all previous attempts has ended with the death of all involved. risk of acid blood damage. difficult to flip spiders inside narrow tunnels that are visible. darkness inhibits a decent portion of our group and not the spiders.
4. dig our own tunnels
pros: setting up known terrain with defenses
cons: takes a lot of time and supplies. darkness will inhibit several of our warriors and not spiders once their tunnels are broken into.
5. Wait for attack
pros: can build defenses faster than digging tunnels. pre-built defenses. can utilize emperor’s army. can utilize space to flip spiders.
cons: leaves pacing to enemy. allows spiders to be prepared. fleeing enemies difficult to chase. moderate risk of corrosive blood damage. Waiting uses supplies.
6. Leave
Pros: little chance of dying. chance to find another angle.
Cons: fails to defend village. does not adress problem. doesn’t mesh well with current attitude of rp.

pros: not going into deathtrap cave. can utilize emperor’s army to help defend humans.
pros: not going into deathtrap cave. quick retreat to fortified village possible. spiders hate fire
cons: Need supplies to make an adequate fire. fire may not behave as intended, either not filling the cave or even coming down to village. Cave size is unknown.
pros: super cool hero moments. can set up choke points once known. gathers info about cave system.
cons: unknown cave size. high probability of ambush. all previous attempts has ended with the death of all involved. risk of acid blood damage. difficult to flip spiders inside narrow tunnels that are visible. darkness inhibits a decent portion of our group and not the spiders.
4. dig our own tunnels
cons: takes a lot of time and supplies. darkness will inhibit several of our warriors and not spiders once their tunnels are broken into.
5. Wait for attack
pros: can build defenses faster than digging tunnels. pre-built defenses. can utilize emperor’s army. can utilize space to flip spiders.
cons: leaves pacing to enemy. allows spiders to be prepared. fleeing enemies difficult to chase. moderate risk of corrosive blood damage. Waiting uses supplies.
6. Leave
Cons: fails to defend village. does not adress problem. doesn’t mesh well with current attitude of rp.
Now that is some brainstorming.

4. dig our own tunnels
5. Wait for attack
6. Leave
See, I knew you'd be on board with strategics.

question: are the cave openings filled with webs, little bit of webs, or completely bare? Is there evidence of trapdoor spider-esque coverings? Only tell me what our group already knows

I'm sure you guys have some ideas.

I mean... other than the ideas of their foodsource or the fire that’s been mentioned I don’t know what else will force/bait the spiders out :/. Using a river to drown them requires a feat of engineering that’s beyond our group. Maybe have someone go to the tunnel and run really quickly back XD

question: are the cave openings filled with webs, little bit of webs, or completely bare? Is there evidence of trapdoor spider-esque coverings? Only tell me what our group already knows
From the entrances in the distance you can see a thin layer of webbing which likely grows thicker the further in you get, it may even be an indication of getting closer to the central lair hidden within the system. The webbing is highly flammable though as of now you have no idea what else is in there besides the spiders you fought the other night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back