• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

“Oh…sorry,” Rachel said. She forgot that flying is easy for her, not so for most. “I wanted to make sure we weren’t being followed.”

They were luckily in front of her apartment now. “Come on. Just a few more steps. I’m on the bottom floor.” She reached out her hand and pulled him up to his feet. “And look, just in time. Pizza’s here,” she added, nodding over to the car that had just parked on the side of the road.

Garfield pulled himself up with the help of Rachel and picked up the bag, nearly tipping over from exhaustion. When pizza was brought into the equation Garfield had a little more energy pumped into his veins as he walked towards the pizza man. “Thanks dude. Here’s a lil something something for your trouble.” He pulled out a five dollar bill from his sock and the delivery driver held it with his thumb and pointer finger, disgusted. “Uhhm thanks…”

After grabbing the boxes in one hand, the bag in the other, Garfield followed Rachel into her home and placed his back on the couch. He walked the pizza to the kitchen table and separated the two boxes, opening them simultaneously. “Mmmmm this smells awesome!” Garfield took a slice of the everything pizza (vegan style) before shoving the entire thing into his mouth, chewing aggressively.

Rachel’s apartment was much darker than Garfield’s. The curtains curtains currently covered the windows and there were few light fixtures. The couch had come with the apartment, so did the TV, kitchen table, and appliances. They worked, and Rachel didn’t feel the need to buy something better. Besides the living room, there were three other rooms off to the right.

She wasn’t use to having company. Normally, she wouldn’t like people in her apartment. She still was a bit unsure about it, but Garfield didn’t even seem to notice. Pizza will do that to a person.

Rachel grabbed a slice for herself, switched on the light, and plopped herself next to Garfield on the couch. She took a bite and chewed as she thought of what to say.

“Pizza after a fight. Tastes like we’ve already won.”

Garfield wasn’t really worried about Rachel’s apartment set up nor the atmosphere in general. He was just happy to be with her and that’s all that matters. Him, her, and this box of pizza in his lap. “Dis ish rheally ghood!” Garfield said with his mouth full of the fourth slice he shoved into it.

When Rachel sat next to him he put his head on her shoulder and swallowed his food. “Dude I wish we won already…. Maybe I could get to take you on a second date.” He teased. Garfield did count the café as a date but not the movie theater. It was ruined by that walking lightning creature that he definitely hated for making him spill his snacks.

His eyes felt suddenly heavy and with a full stomach he couldn’t help but close them. Garfield tried his best to stay awake but the comfort and how safe he felt knowing he wasn’t going to be attacked in his sleep was quickly getting to him.

Rachel didn't move, not knowing what to do with Garfield slowly falling asleep on her. It was sweet, knowing he trusted her, the creepy girl, that much. The second date comment through her for a loop as well. Was that the fatigue talking? Or did he actually think of yesterday as a date. Now that she thought of it, she supposed it could have been looked at as just that. She was so focused on her own inner turmoil that she didn't even notice she went on a date with Beast Boy and it wasn't the end of the world.

"A second date might be...nice," she said quietly. He was drifting away pretty quickly, so with a small gesture of her hand, the lights flickered off.

As carefully as she could, Rachel squeezed out from under Garfield and slowly brought his head down to the couch pillow. She took his empty plate and cleaned up the kitchen quietly in the dark. With everything neat and tidy again, she moved along to the closet by the bedroom, which held a spare blanket she placed over Garfield. She debated taking off his shoes so he'd be more comfortable, but decided against it, because gross.

Taking a final moment to check if the door was locked and windows secure, Rachel turned back to Garfield, hesitated, then whispered, "Good Night, Beast Boy...Thanks." Silently, she crept to her bedroom.

Unfortunately, Garfield was so out of it that he couldn’t consciously hear Rachel’s comment on their date. He muttered a little as his head in the pillow and snuggled up under his blanket. His dreams, oddly enough, were filled with him running through a maze with Brain’s voice echoing through the place.

“Hehehehehehe…. You can run Garfield, but their isn’t a crevice I won’t find you in little mouse….”

Garfield felt trapped, tossing and turning on the couch. He had run himself into a dead end and though nothing visibly was after him, he had the feeling that he would bite the dust. Suddenly a black portal opened on one of the walls of the maze and a hand appeared. The body nor face of the hand was shown but there was a voice that spoke very clearly. “Come on Ninja Turtle….”

When Garfield grabbed the hand he was pulled through the portal, waking up in a sweat to the sight of Rachel. “O-oh hey Rae…. Did I crash last night?” He rubbed his eyes, trying to shake that ominous feeling from his dream.

Rachel did not sleep much that night. There was just too much on her mind, so in the early morning she gave up and started her meditation. One by one the thoughts were sifted and her mind finally became clear. She opened her eyes, stretched out of her meditative state, and headed to her closet. It had been a long time since she wore her superhero outfit. She hoped it still fit.

It felt like coming home, being hidden behind her blue robe once again. Rachel felt just a little bit more powerful in it, and that would be needed today.

Walking into the Living Room, Rachel noticed Garfield was still asleep. She went to the kitchen and pulled out the ingredients for the only breakfast she ever really had besides Tea; waffles. They were just about ready when Garfield started barking, meowing, and squeaking on the couch.

“Gar?” She raced over and saw that he was still asleep, tossing and turning and making animal noises. He must be having a nightmare. Rachel frowned and grabbed his hand.

“Come on, Ninja Turtle.” Her eyes flashed white and she focused on pulling Garfield’s mind out of his nightmare. He shot up in a sitting position, eyes focusing and finally waking up.

“You fell asleep chewing. I didn’t think people go eat while asleep.” She moved back a bit to give him space. She wanted to ask him about his nightmare, but knew more than anyone that some dreams aren’t meant to be shared.

“I made waffles. They’re vegan.”

Garfield rubbed his bed head hairdo while Rachel explained exactly what happened. Come to mention he could taste spinach, cheese, and olives in his mouth. Normally it was morning breath that he tasted. “Ooo I like waff-“ His raspy voice was cut off by his eyes that were now fixated on Rachel’s outfit.

Garfield rubbed his eyes to check if he was truly seeing this or dreaming only to open them to the truth. “Uhh Rae…you’re wearing your old costume….” He noticed as his eyes softened at the nostalgic sight. Even though time went forward it felt as if Garfield stood still with Rachel in that moment forever.

Emerald eyes locked onto Rachel’s face, after a few moments of silence he shook his head. “You said waffles right?” At the moment his head started to hurt trying to process his emotions along with the meaning of his dream. It wasn’t everyday Garfield had this much thinking going on in his brain.

Rachel’s appearance made him think about the good ol days and not only that but she was all he had left. Without her what would he even be?

A moment of shared past passed between them. Rachel sensed what she had done by putting on the old uniform, and she wasn’t too sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

“Uh, yeah… I don’t want Brain knowing my identity, then we won’t have anywhere to go. But come on, cold waffles are gross.”

She went back to the kitchen, stacked the waffles high on two plates, and brought them to the table. Syrup, butter, and orange juice were already on the table.

Garfield walked over to the table and sat down in the other chair across from Rachel. His eyes widened at the stack of waffles and turned to Rae. “C’mon Rae, you didn’t have to do all this.” He grew a smile on his face when he stuck a fork into his first two waffles. “At least lemme help pay for stuff, I still gots money at the bank.” He insisted.

Garfield was glad to see things were starting to mellow out after their overwhelming disaster of a day. He grabbed the syrup and dumped an unholy amount on top of the food before taking the fork and starting to inhale the waffle stack. After a minute or so, Garfield sat there with a satisfied look in his eyes. “Ahhhhh much better…” His nose twitched as he sniffed around form a smell.

He raised his arm and sniffed before shuddering. “Dude I reek…Can I use Your shower Rach? I got my own towel and stuff.” Garfield forgot the horrors of fighting crime came at a price. Hygiene.

Rachel raised an eyebrow. “I didn’t know you took showers,” she teased. “It’s the first door right there.”

She was still on her second bite of waffle, forgetting just how quickly Garfield can eat when he’s hungry. Must be an animal thing. Or a boy thing.

While he went to take a shower, she finished and cleaned up, then went to the living room window, opened the curtains, and did her morning routine of staring at Titan Tower. For some reason, it seemed closer today.

They were going to have to take down the brotherhood, and quickly before the citizens of Jump City find out they’re back. In her morning meditation, Rachel came up with the idea of going back to one of the Titans final battlegrounds, the Brotherhood of Evils headquarters. Rachel didn’t expect Brain to be operating there, that would be too easy, but they may get a clue as to how they got out of their statues prisons, as well as Overload. It couldn’t be a coincidence that Overload broke free and then the Brotherhood appears the next day.

Garfield mocked the classic Rachel sarcastic laugh “Ha ha very funny..” and stuck his tongue out at her. It wasn’t often he was able to use that move on her so he took his opportunity.

He headed over to the couch wear they put his bags and dug through them until he pulled out black skinny jeans and a dark green hoodie with the Hulk on the front. Garfield grabbed the towel and loofah he brought along with his other toiletries and headed to the shower.

After about 10 minutes, Garfield walked out and tossed his dirty clothes on top of the clean ones. “You know you still looking good in that Mama.” He said, drying his hair with the towel and tossing it with the rest of it. Garfield walked over and leaned against the counter, seemingly feeling better. “What’s the plans today?” He asked.

Rachel broke her stare at the tower upon hearing the thwump of Garfield’s dirty clothes landing on top of clean clothes.

“You should keep your dirty and clean clothes separated,” she chided him. “They’re all going to get dirty that way.”

She closed the curtains again and stepped over to her backpack on the counter. “I was thinking we could start searching for the brotherhood of evil at their old headquarters. We can also see which villains aren’t statues anymore and maybe find out why.” She unzipped her backpack and took out a small notebook which she had already written on the first page.

“Our only other lead is this serial number I saw on that machine Brain made. I don’t know what it could mean or if it could help us,” Rachel said, handing the notebook over to show Garfield.

Garfield waved off her advice about his clothes and focused on the actual important things she was saying. Honestly he tried to keep himself from staring at Rachel’s outfit and features. It’s like he was 15 all over again….

Garfield was dragged from his thoughts when Rachel mentioned statues. He had forgotten about the whole statue incident but didn’t forget the cause. “Oh yeah they were frozen.” He recalled before listening more to Rachel.

Garfield took the notebook and scratched his head, not understanding the point of the confusing numbers. “If Brain was at the headquarters wouldn’t their be like traps and stuff?“ He couldn’t imagine the mad scientist in a jar would leave something with information untampered and unguarded. “I don’t know what those numbers mean but I bet it’s not gonna be good.” Garfield walked over to his bag and separated his clothes like Rachel asked.

Rachel crossed her arms and watched Garfield tidy up his clothes, surprised that he actually listened to her and did it.

“If there are traps, it means we’re on the right track,” Rachel shrugged. She put the notebook back in her bag and zipped it closed.

“You know Brain better than me. You’ve been fighting him your whole life. If there’s anyone who can anticipate which traps he’ll set, it’s you. I think I like our chances.”

Garfield tossed the dirty clothes into the bag that previously contained his games before dragging all the cords and wires towards Rachel’s living room TV. “That means…” He tried to think what Robin would say at a time like this. How would he say to go about this?

Garfield hated being the one to depend on for the plan. He was more of an action guy than a thinking one. Robin would probably say something like….”That means we should think about what Brain would think I would do and look for the traps there.” Garfield felt that was right AND that it was a good idea as he plugged his console into the back of Rachel’s TV and outlet.

Garfield stood up from his crouched position and scratched his head. “Does that mean we gotta go now? Orrrrr could we do a little something together?” He asked, walking towards Rachel. “I was thinking we could do something you wanna do.” Garfield had never actually tried something Rachel wanted to since they met again so he figured why not now?

Rachel placed her hands on her hips and stared blankly at him a moment before responding. “You’re procrastinating.”

She grabbed her backpack and pulled it onto her back under her robe. “The sooner we get this done, the less time Brain had to come up with a foolproof plan to get rid of us and the sooner you get your life back.”

Based on the fact that Garfield had a nightmare last night, Rachel could guess he wasn’t too thrilled about going after the brotherhood so quickly. It was something she could understand well, she hid from her own personal enemy for her whole life. Sometimes you don’t have the luxury of hiding any longer. Rachel didn’t want to wait until they got to that point.

“If you want to do what I want to do, then that’s it. I want to get this over with. I’m sorry it’s hard for you.”

Garfield didn’t enjoy when Rachel simply vetoed what he wanted to do but a little piece of him was alright with what she said. He sighed and walked over to his things and put on his shoes before pulling his hood up over his head. For some reason it felt upsetting having to wear it today even though he’s had to for the past three years.

“Okay okay fine. Let’s get this stupid thing over with….” Even though he didn’t want to, Garfield walked out the door without another word. It wasn’t often he became frustrated but he would much rather a nice day to relax than to have to go to a huge, ex supervillain hideout. Though he wish he didn’t, Garfield turned into an eagle in the middle of the sidewalk and flew off. He knew exactly where they needed to go as if instinctually flying there.

Rachel dropped her arms. “Gar-“ she started, but stopped when he left without another word. She followed quietly behind until he changed into an eagle and flew off. She shook her head before raising herself in the air and soaring towards the headquarters.

The headquarters was in an isolated abandoned area of Jump City, so it was not very secret or hard to find. With the memories that came with it, there was no way Rachel would ever forget it. The place where the titans made their last good stand.

She flew after the green eagle silently. He was mad, she knew that. Maybe a little bit scared? Rachel was scared too. Maybe she should communicate that.

“Gar?” She asked quietly. “Maybe after this we can… chill?”

The headquarters was slowly coming into view behind the clouds. Rachel glanced at the eagle and slowly lowered herself down to the ground.

Garfield had a lot of things in his life, and he was very thankful, but there was seldom times he had peace. Save the last three years, which were lonely but you can’t have everything right? Brain had been always making his life worse with no intentions of leaving him be, even when he was messing with no one. Now, he finally finds Rachel, hoping maybe things could truly be better, that they could be happy.

Garfield was so inside his own head that when he first spoke his own couple of words they were nothing but screeches. Frustrated even more and dove to the ground and transformed back into his true self. “Don’t worry bout it Rae….I just don’t wanna deal with this no more….I just wanna be happy with someone-with you and live life you know?” He expressed before letting his head fall into his hands. Internal struggle was definitely not his thing.

Rachel stood there quietly for a few minutes, trying to map out how to go about this. She was never good at the whole comforting thing, but the fact that he wanted to be with someone the likes of her made her want to try, even though she didn’t know exactly what being with him exactly meant relationship wise. In many ways they were polar opposites of each other. In the reverse situation, he’d probably know exactly what to say to make her feel better. But they’re not, it’s her turn to step up.

“I know what the Brotherhood of Evil means to you. I know how much you want to be done with them. But they aren’t done with you, so they’ll keep coming until you stop them.” She pulled her hood down. “Until we stop them,” she corrected. “And we will stop them this time. You know why?”

She reached out, pulled his hands away from his face, and smiled. “Because for the past 3 years while they’ve been statues, we’ve been getting older and wiser. We’ve grown up, and even though we don’t do hero stuff anymore, we are stronger. The last time we only stopped them, this time we’re taking them down. And If there’s one thing the brotherhood is good at, it’s underestimating you, so we’re at an advantage. You’re smarter than you and Brain think.”

Rachel looked for the change in Garfield she needed to know he was ok, that he could do this for the future he wanted. There was more she could say, but she didn’t think she’d be able to say it correctly, plus she was afraid to.

There were two reasons that Garfield had placed his head in his hands. The first was obviously because of the entire situation with Brain and The Brotherhood. The second was that he slipped up and directly told Rachel how he wanted their future to go. It wasn’t the worst but he didn’t think it was time to say something like that. He always messed something up in some sort of way that made him feel dumber and dumber.

It was nice to have Rachel there to comfort him and it reminded him of the old days. Typically it was vice versa since their problems nearing the end of the Teen Titans was Trigon related but she must have listened to some of the things he said because it worked.

Garfield looked over to Rachel and sighed. “You’re right Rae…I do really wanna have a good life with…..” He looked a little nervous and nodded his head. “Yeah let’s do this.” Garfield was determined to have things better for their future whether it be the one he wanted or not. “I needed that, thanks.” He walked over towards the facility, this time beside Rachel instead of in front of.

Rachel threw her hood back over her head, hiding the blush that had formed. He almost said it again, and she didn’t yet know how to deal with it. For now, she placed it aside and put the mission in front.

Walking beside Garfield, they made it to the front of the facility. There were no traps outside the building that they knew of, so they made it to the front door without incident. The door would not open, so Rachel created a portal, took Garfield’s hand, and walked through to the inside.

The front hallway was pitch black, having no windows or lights on. “Off to a great start,” Rachel said. “I wonder if Brain pays his electricity bill.” She found the wall and started feeling for a switch.

Garfield wasn’t expecting to be pulled through a portal once again today. Well, he counted the dream one at least since it seemed real enough. Once inside he tried to think about what to do. Rachel had said Garfield was smarter than he thought but now he needed to put that to use. It was dark and they couldn’t see. What animals could see in the dark? Duh owls could. He turned into the mentioned bird and fluttered, looking around at everything.

When Rachel went to hit the switch, Garfield yelled. “No wait!” He dived into her, transforming into his human self and tackling her out the way. It was hard tell what happened but the loud, metallic thud that formed were Rachel and Garfield were standing was enough to know that it wasn’t good. “None of the switches are actually for the lights I think.” He helped Rachel up and turned back into their seeing eye owl.

Garfield perched on Rachel’s shoulder and began telling Raven exactly where to go. “Ok so there’s like a button on the wall way left. I think that’s the real deal.” He said as his eyes quickly bounced from one trap to another.

Rachel’s heart leaped into her throat at the sudden impact of being thrust to the ground. She took a deep breath and centered herself as she was pulled back up into her feet.

“Good catch,” she commended, making a mental not to wait before touching anything. Garfield was right, this place was filled with traps.

Rachel did what the owl on her shoulder told her to do, she cautiously walked over to the button on the far left, braced herself, and pressed it. The lights flickered on, revealing the hallway and the huge pillar that could have flattened Rachel if she wasn’t shoved out of the way.

“Real good catch,” She said.

The hallway stretched on for a while before the first fork in the road appeared. She closed her eyes a moment, then said, “I think it’s this way.” She made a right and continued down the next hallway.

The facility was so quiet, it even unnerved Rachel. It felt as if even the air wasn’t moving. Rachel froze. The air wasn’t moving.

“We have to get out of this hallway,” she exclaimed before bolting forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back