• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Beckspace

A Beck in space
It had been three year since the Teen Titans disbanded. Jump City had come back to a semblance of normalcy, but it wasn't the same. It never could be what it once was after what had happened. For years the Teen Titans has protected the city, until the time that they didn't...couldn't. Hundreds of lives were lost that day, too many for the titans to be forgiven. And so they were gone, but shadows of their presence remained.

The Tower was the biggest reminder, tall and separated from the other tall buildings. It has long been abandoned, only a symbol now of the price that was payed. It is what Rachel Roth chooses to look at every morning as soon as she wakes up, to keep her from doing anything as stupid as thinking he could be a hero ever again. She was not Raven anymore. Raven was dead.

Rachel Roth worked for a gloomy old bookstore in a dark alley seldom people noticed. She had traded in her hooded cape for a hooded sweatshirt, which her boss at the bookstore didn't mind stayed up over face, hiding the upper half of her face and her ajna chakra. It was an easy job, and most importantly she was left alone, save for checking out a few customers a day. At first, it was a hard transition, having a family in the titans to being on her own again. but if there was one thing Rachel knew how to do, it was be alone.

Rachel was stacking some returned books back on a shelf in the back when she heard the chime from the bell chime from the front door. She sighed and move to the register to assist whoever had come in and immediately regretted it. It was a teenage girl who was staring daggers at her. Great.

"I'm returning this book for full price," She said. The book in question was severely water damaged.
"We can't accept damaged books back," Rachel said in her monotoned raspy voice.
"It was wrong about my zodiac sign so I threw it in the toilet. You should have sold me a book with accurate information," the girl said.
"And you shouldn't have thrown it in the toilet. Not the book's fault you didn't like it."
"I don't like your attitude. I'd like to speak to the manager."
Rachel rolled her eyes, "I am the manager."

The girl frowned and moved up to stare Rachel in the face. "I'm not leaving here without my refund."
"We close at 5. Let me know if you need any more assistance today," Rachel shrugged and turned back to her work.

She stopped when she heard a ding behind her. This time it wasn't the door, but the cash register. Rachel turned around and saw that the girl had went behind the counter and was taking the money herself.

"Hey! I said no refunds!" Rachel exclaimed. The girl turned to Rachel in a snarky way, but froze when she looked eyes with her.
"W-What are you doin?" She asked.
"Get out of here," Rachel demanded, her voice lower than usual. The girl screamed and ran out of the store. Rachel frowned and looked at her reflection in the register. Red eyes stared back at her. She shut them quickly and took a few deep breaths.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos." She repeated it a few more times until she was sure she had calmed down before opening before opening her eyes again. She was disappointed in herself. To lose control over something so trivial. She was better than that.

"Back to work," She told herself calmly. She turned to her work once more.

QuickWords QuickWords

Beast Boy was the most broken up out of all the Titans after their failure with monumental consequences. He tried to convince everyone to fight through it but the public was demanding their departure. The Titans were all he had known, since the doom patrol, so he didn’t have anywhere to go. Cyborg was invited to the Justice League, which was pretty cool, but it sucked seeing his best friend leave. Robin became Nighthawk or Nightbird or something, and even he had no clue what happened to Starfire.

Beast Boy on the other hand was a bit short for options since he had no family or friends. In the end he decided to become sort of a stuntman but for animals. The idea came to him when he saw the news of an actor mauled by an undertrained gorilla for a Planet of the Apes reboot. Of course he couldn’t work under the name Beast Boy or he’d be kicked out of the business, so he used his real name, Garfield Logan. With the help of his smarts and good looks, Beast Boy came to the conclusion that he could just spray paint himself but it was way more work than he thought but it worked. Obviously he didn’t show the companies he was the one transforming but they didn’t ask how he acquired these animals so he never said. Beast Boy never was one to think things out. Unfortunately for him the job required him to study, who would’ve thought. “Sure you have the animals” the director told him. “But it’s like they don’t understand how to be an animal.” So instead of “training” the animals better he just would train himself.

Beast Boy had Googled a bookstore somewhere within Jump City and apparently they had a “plethora” of books. He wasn’t sure if that were good or bad but he assumed good since it was next to a five star review. He threw on some black sweatpants and a green hoodie, making sure to keep his green skin as concealed as possible. When Beast Boy headed into the ally and to the door, a small girl ran out causing him to project his classic shrill scream. He pocketed his phone and walked into the shop looking around in wonder. “Whoa..” Beast Boy had never seen so many books in one place, considering he had never gone into a library. He scratched his head, walking over to the register finally finding someone who seemed like that worked here. “Uh do you dudes have any books on like animals?”

Rachel had her back turned away from the door, so she did not see who had walked in, nor was she paying attention or perhaps she might have recognized the voice. As it happens, she was still focused on calming herself down from her random dangerous outburst, so she simply said without looking up, "Wild animals are towards the back right corner two shelves from the back. If you're looking for pet handling, that will be in the front left by the register. Children's books are in the children's section on the far right. Knock yourself out."

She pulled her blue hoodie further over her head to guard her face from the new customer. He was obviously going to be staying a while if he was looking for so broad a topic as "animals." Sound like the type who didn't know what he was looking for, which meant he was going to need help finding what he was looking for. Great. The absolute worst part of the job was dealing with customers. Rachel was not one for customer service.

Rachel was currently in the biography section just a shelf away from the cash register. She was taking out old books that weren't getting sold and replacing them with new releases. She didn't know any of the people in the section. She was glad to finally be getting rid of the Teen Titans Biography, a book that ironically published posthumously of the disbandment of the titans.The poor book didn't stand a chance. It was best to just put it out of it's misery now. Rachel grabbed the whole pile of the unbought books and started packing them onto a book cart. They would be recycled later, so at least something good may come out of them.

Beast Boy tried to keep up with the cashier as she spoke with complete knowledge of the store as if her were a regular. One thing was for sure, he was confused. As she listed off more and more sections, Beast Boy counted on his fingers and shook his head. The only one he truly caught was the kids section, which personally might have been a good starting point when it came to reading. “Uh thanks dude, I think…”

Garfield meandered his way to the kids section and looked around. “Jim said that I need a tiger so let’s find us a tiger!” He clapped his hands together and rubbed them quickly. As he skimmed through the animals he finally found a few tiger books before grabbing three of them and looking through the pages. They had lots of pictures, which was a good thing for him, but he didn’t know exactly how many he could take home with him. He needed to find that one lady again so he could ask her.

Beast Boy gathered the three books he decided on and stuck them under his arm before looking around. He didn’t remember exactly which way was to the register but the ship was small, right? How hard could it be? Garfield was walking for about 10 minutes before he eventually made his way back to the register only to find that the woman was missing. “Uh excuse me? Ladyyyyy. Where’d you go?” He called out hoping to get some sort of answer.

While he waited he opened one of the books on the counter and began reading, teaching each word he read with his finger so he wouldn’t lose his place. I wonder if they’ll try and make me eat meat like real tigers. I should tell them the animals are vegan! Garfield thought to himself before his ears twitched slightly under his hood. He closed the book and waited for the lady to get back behind the counter, paying no attention to what she looked like whatsoever. “Awesome! So do I like buy the books or can I bring them back Street I use them? How do they work? Also did you know that tigers are actually stronger than lions?” Beast Boy said all rapid fire.

It was at least 20 minutes before the customer called for Rachel again. She was surprised it wasn't sooner. It was nice while it lasted. She brought the cart along with her back to the register where she finally saw him for the first time.

He was wearing a green hoodie that was covering his face, much like how she was hiding herself. In front of him were three children's nonfiction picture books on tigers and he was babbling nonsense on tigers and how he doesn't know how to use a book store. There was only one person he could be.

"Be-" She began but stopped herself. He wasn't Beast Boy anymore, and she wasn't Raven. That's all done now. They are no longer friends, just a customer and a cashier.

"They're $17.99 each. $53.97 in total. Refunds are for undamaged books within a 30-day period," she explained quickly as she snatched the books and shoved them into a paper bag. "Are you paying cash, credit, or check?"

Don't look up. Don't look up. Just take your books and go.

Beast Boy’s eyes widened as he heard the price of the books being as high as they were. “Whoa whoa wait-“ he paused to think about the bills he had to pay. Math was definitely not his strong suit but he still had to make do with what he had. “Wait so if I buy them now I can bring them back and you give me money back? Sweet.” Beast Boy nodded his head at the thought he had. Luckily for the clerk he hadn’t looked up at her just yet but unluckily enough, he wasn’t sure where his wallet was.

Garfield patted down his sweatpants trying to get a feel for where it could be. “Hehe…one sec I swear I gots it…” He laughed nervously. It was then he had an eureka moment and quickly lifted a pant leg, reaching into his sock and pulling out his wallet. “Uh which one is easier for you-“ He locked eyes with a familiar looking girl, no, woman. “Rae, is that you?” Garfield asked, lowering his hood for her to see him. His hair was a little bit longer with shaved sides. Of course Beast Boy would have the spiky style going on with a bit of peach fuzz on his chin and upper lip.

Garfield’s emerald green eyes lit up upon seeing Raven’s face and was glad to see she was alright. “Rae! I thought you went to another dimension or something like that. I’m so happy to see you!” He put his wallet and his pocket and put a hand behind his head. “I shoulda known you would wanna be in a nerdy book place like this. It’s totally you.” There was so much he wanted to say but it was primarily one thing. Garfield’s eyes darkened a bit and his face got serious. “I missed you Raven.”

With his hoodie pulled down, Rachel couldn’t help but stare back at him. Three years had passed and yet nothing really changed. Longer green hair, some stubble, but his face was just as she remembered. The boyish naivety perhaps diminished a little bit, but otherwise it was the same old Beast Boy. Too bad it wasn’t the same old world.

“I go by Rachel now,” she said, pulling her hood down as well. She still had her signature purple hair in a bob cut, although she did let it grow out to just above the shoulders. Her Ajna Chakra remained on her forehead between her now furrowed eyebrows. She scrutinized him now, trying her best not feel any emotions. She was already having a rough day as it is.

“Why are you buying books on tigers? You of all people should know what they’re like,” Rachel questioned, choosing to not comment on the fact that she had missed him as well.

Beast Boy was shocked to see Raven pull her hood down so casually. Even before the incident happened, she never pulled her hood down, or at least not in front of him anyways. When Garfield had heard she adopted a new persona his expression became curious. “Wait does that mean I can still call you Rae? Or maybe Rach?” He laughed at the thought but ultimately figured it would be best to respect Raven’s wishes or she’d probably get really mad at him.

Garfield scratched his head and looked at the books on the countertop. “Well…I kinda got this job and I don’t know how to act like they want me to soooo…” He waved the books before dropping them again. “If I don’t do it right I think they gonna fire me….” His ears drooped down as he thought of the idea of no longer having a job. For a while Beast Boy was working at a bakery but quickly found out with less crime and city destruction, prices of apartments rose exponentially.

His eyes caught Rachel’s and he spread his arms out as if presenting her to another former Titan. “But look at you! You still look gnarly, but in like a good way.” Beast Boy reassured her. He took it upon himself to lean up against the register, trying to look his best. “Do you have any uh…plans after you get off? I know this really good vegan place not too far from here.” Beast Boy pointed his thumb through the wall in the direction of the café he mentioned.

"No," Rachel said instantly, taking an instinctive step back. She wouldn't lie to herself. It was nice seeing Beast Boy again and knowing that one of her friends is still alive and well. But that was as far as this could go. She had already acted way too dangerously. She doesn't do dangerous anymore.

Rachel had chosen not to listen for news of her friends. after the disbanding. They could all be just around the block for all she knew. It didn't matter though. It was easier if they just didn't exist anymore. More convenient.Part of the reason they failed was because she lost her focus. She lost her focus because she was getting way too comfortable having a family.

She pulled out her credit card and swiped it into the register. "Here," she said, stuffing the printed receipt in the bag with the books and shoving them across the counter at him. "Just take them and go."

Rachel pulled her hoodie back over her head, back to safety. "I have to get back to work. Enjoy your books." She gave him one more quick glance before grabbing her book cart and heading back to the shelves.

Beast Boy was use to being rejected by Raven ever since they were Titans, but this time it hurt a little more considering how long it had been since they last saw each other. “Wai-“ before he could even rebuttal what was happening, Raven had already swiped and bagged his items as if he was any other customer and left him.

Garfield had grabbed his things and put his hoodie back up but wasn’t going to give up on his friend just like that. He clumsily rushed in between the shelf Rachel was at and bent down to eye level with her. Had he always been taller than she was? “Rae you can’t be serious?! I thought we were friends? I hated being so….” He sighed and stepped back from Raven a little bit. “Alone…. I felt like a kid again. Before the Titans before everything. Seeing you like this again just makes me feel way better you know?” Garfield put his bag of books on the cart and relaxed a little. “Listen. I know you use to hate when i use to try to get you to do stuff but please, just this once can we do something good together?”

Rachel sighed. Of course he wasn't going to just leave. That was one of the things she had liked about Beast Boy, he never gave up on his friends. Never gave up on her. And here's the thing, she didn't hate when he tried to get her out of her shell, not all the time. But the shell is there for a reason, so she has to be careful, especially around him because he is the opposite of careful.

"Fine," she said finally, crossing her arms and glaring coldly a him. "I get out in an hour. We'll go this this vegan place, but then you'll leave me and my books alone. Got it?" She grabbed her books off the cart and moved to the back storage room.

"And I still don't eat fake meat," she added as she walked away, recalling all the times he had tried to get her to eat Tofu this and Tofu that. Rachel guessed that he was still using his powers somehow, what with the same diet and interest in tiger books. She wondered how he was able to do so, his forms being green and all. Couldn't very well be an attraction at a zoo, nor did she think he'd want to hang out in a cage all day. She'll find out in an hour, Beast Boy was never good at holding things in.

Beast Boy couldn’t help grin, finally seeing that stare from his friend once more. Hopefully it wouldn’t be the last time he would see it either. “You got it Rae, scout’s honor!” Garfield saluted Raven even though he most likely wouldn’t hold up to the scout code with how much he had missed her dearly. He quickly grabbed his books off the cart before Rachel began to walk off to do even more work.

Beast Boy laughed at his companion and shook his head. “Time’s a’changing mama. It’s not all tofu now, you might like some of it.” He noted before the familiar sound of the door opening and closing went off. Of course he wasn’t going to keep in his good emotions like Rachel would and let out a loud “YES!!” That sounded as if though he had never left the shop. Luckily he had enough time to stop by the apartment and drop his books off inside. Maybe he’d skateboard back just to make sure he wasn’t late. Garfield was late for a lot of things but this couldn’t be one of them. He needed to be on time.

Getting home quickly with a pep in his step, Beast Boy tossed the books on his head and tried to not overthink this. You gots to leave a good mark this time or you may never see her again. Garfield though to himself. He decided on a little body spray and nodded at himself, impressed. “Sweeeeet…” Beast Boy grabbed the skateboard and headed out to the shop Raven worked at with a few minutes to spare. He decided to spend that time practicing his tricks that he could never do properly.

Rachel heard a loud "YES!" outside and shook her head. "I'm going to regret this," she told herself. But, though she tried to hide it, a smirk had escaped onto her lips.

The last hour at the shop was dull and uneventful, just as Rachel liked it. She tried not to think about what would be happening after, but she did sometimes catch herself glancing at the clock on the wall. Finally, at 4 o clock, her replacement had arrived. It was a chipper middle-aged man named Arthur who liked to talk to customers about books and what he's reading. Rachel was glad she didn't have to work alongside him, but she didn't fully dislike him. His optimism reminded her of someone.

"Well, Rachel, I hope you have a pleasant evening. By the looks of outside, you finally have some plans instead of going straight home?" Arthur said with a smile. "It's great to finally see you going on a date. Girls your age shouldn't be staying home alone all the time. It's not healthy."

"I am NOT going on a date," Rachel said firmly. "And I'm not always home alone."

"As I've said many times before, young lady, going to work doesn't count as going out," Arthur tsked. Rachel didn't give the comment the decency of a response. She swung the door open and left the shop.

Beast Boy was zooming around on a skateboard, trying, and failing, to do some sort of move she didn't recognize. She raised an eyebrow and watched patiently. As she did, she wondered what name he was going by these days. Not Beast Boy, he too was covering his face when he was in the book shop earlier. He had mentioned once a long time ago that his name was Garfield. Who's to say if he used that or came up with a completely new name like she did. Either way, she wasn't calling him Beast Boy anymore.

The wind blew passed and Rachel got a whiff of...something. It was not a smell she recognized, not near Beast Boy anyway. She sniffed the air, trying to figure it out.

"What's that smell?" she asked, finally making her presence known.

Beast Boy hated that he wasn’t good at skating but he had only taken it up a month ago as a means to travel. The only reason he didn’t drive was mainly because 1, anything far enough he would just fly there and 2, getting a license was hard when the entire city hated you. Well almost everyone excluding the few employees at the Vegan Café knew who he was.

His tricks were a little sloppy but Garfield knew he’d eventually be really good at them. He hated having to actually practice anything, but he wasn’t always good at video games either so he was a little patient. When Raven came out he was startled and slipped off the board. Beast Boy landed on his back looking up at Rachel and scrambled to his feet, dusting off himself. “Huh? Oh you mean this?” He pulled on his hoodie towards her. “Just a little smelly smell Rae. You know I had to get nice and stuff for you.” Garfield gently elbowed his friend with a sly smile covering his face. “Why you like it?” He hopped back on his board, skating in circles around Raven like an excited dog reunited with his owner.

Last edited:
Rachel reached out and grabbed onto Beast Boy's arm to stop him from circling her. It was the first time she realized that he was taller than she remembered. She had to look up instead of down at him. It was...weird.

"You're making me dizzy," she said. She let go of his arm and crossed hers. "So, where is this vegan place? Don't suppose we're using that to get there," Rachel said, nodding at the skateboard.

Transportation is a weird thing she had to get used to. Most of the time, she walked to wherever she was going, less onlookers than in a bus or taxi. Most of the time she never really went anywhere further than a few blocks away from her apartment anyway. It was a lot easier getting place to place simply by flying, but she didn't do that anymore.

Beast Boy felt Rachel’s grip and his body had came to a stop, foot instinctively stopping the board with him. He laughed a little when she brought up making her dizzy but nodded his head. “C’mon that wasn’t that fast…” Garfield teased before looking around. Did he even think about how they would get there? Of course she wouldn’t want to ride the board, it’s Raven we’re talking about. “Well guess we’re walking.” Garfield concluded as he waved Rachel towards him.

Beast Boy had trouble staying quiet even till this day but he had so much to talk about with Raven. “You know I can teach you how to ride if you want Rae. I’m not that great but I’m still pretty good.” He held the board out in his hand. Any excuse to spend more time with Raven was good enough for Garfield but he was interested in how she was doing since the incident.

"I think I'll stick to walking," Rachel said, looking unsure at the skateboard. They walked down the streets of Jump City side by side. As usual, it was bustling with people going about their business. Parents pushing their babies in strollers. Business men and women running to their next appointments. Friends going out for pizza. She always felt separated from it all, save from when she was with the titans.

Rachel realized she would probably have to make some small talk now, or else this was going to be a very long evening. While she wouldn't admit it out loud, she was curious why on earth Beast Boy would attempt to read now of all times in his life.

"So, What job requires it's employee to act like a tiger?" Rachel asked, then added at the end, "Garfield," to try out the name. Like the height thing, it felt weird.

Beast Boy spun the wheels on his board, enjoying the walk with Rachel as if it was just an everyday occurrence. He would hope it became that way so maybe they wouldn’t both have to be alone. He squeezed past a man walking with his wife with a brief “ ‘Scuse me.” Garfield smiled at her, surprised that Raven even remembered his real name in the first place. “Well I had this idea” usually when he said those words something bad happened, but this time it worked out. “When I saw the news there was this dude who got hurt filming a movie cuz they used real gorrilas then I was like ‘I could totally do that’ but ya know..” Garfield pointed to his skin. “So I asked Cy about what I should do and he gave me a better idea of painting myself or something but I can’t believe it worked!” Clearly excited about the plan.

Beast Boy made a few gestures at his body while he continued talking. “The first animal I tried was a elephant, which was easy cuz I just used my trunk with the body paint but a tiger….” He started to realize his blunder considering tigers had neither thumbs nor a trunk. “Ah man… I think I messed up…” Beast Boy wasn’t sure what he could do at the moment but looked at Rachel and perked up a bit. “But you! How’s it been hanging?”

Rachel raised an eyebrow at a crazy Beast Boy scheme actually working out. Then again, she wasn’t surprised he was doing some crazy exciting and adventurous job. She could also imagine a green tiger trying to paint himself orange with stripes. Rachel looked away from Garfield to hide the smile trying to come out.

Once she composed herself, she turned back to face him. “I read, drink tea, and go to work at the bookstore. I’m alone.”

They were passing the pizza place the titans used to always go to when they were the Titans. Rachel remembered being annoyed that she was dragged out of her room to “enjoy the Sun. Get some fresh air. Hang out.” She didn’t think she’d miss hanging out.

“I like being alone,” she added.

Beast Boy would’ve noticed the pizza place of old, but he was much more interested in the person in front of him than even food at the moment. Everything Rachel described sounded like something she would do before, besides the bookstore part obviously. “Well at least you don’t have to be lonely no more! You’ve got me!” Garfield paused for a moment. “Again!” He added on before a few raindrops began to sprinkle on the two of them.

Garfield didn’t mind the rain unless he was actually outside. The sound of thunder sometimes spooked him but maybe that was just the animal in him. “It’s only a little bit more Rach.” Beast Boy got behind Raven and held his skateboard over her head so she didn’t get wet, a kind and instinctive gesture. “Y’know I think you’ll like the food at this place. I think they have tea too!”

Rachel groaned. He never understood the fact that she liked being alone. Alone doesn’t always mean lonely!

The gloominess of rain was always a comfort to Rachel, but she did not want to get drenched as she would be cold in the cafe. She pulled her hood further up over her head to block out the rain, but it wasn’t necessary with the sudden skateboard over her head. She wanted to say thank you, but couldn’t work up the courage to do so. He was close to her now. It made her feel very self aware.

“Wow. A place that has vegan food and tea. Must be our lucky day,” She said sarcastically.

He had mentioned that he talked to Cyborg. She didn’t know what had happened to him, but she was surprised that he and Beast Boy were separated. They were best friends after all.

“I’m guessing Cyborg doesn’t like this place,” she questioned.

Garfield was glad to see that Raven was agreeing with him on something they both could enjoy. “I know right? It’s like the best of both worlds.” He stated in agreement. It took a moment before Garfield recognized that she was being sarcastic and he nodded. “No wait I get it.” Beast Boy walked Rachel towards a nice cozy café, opening the door for her and putting his board down. The place was dimly lit with the smell of fresh bread wafting from kitchen and coffee staining the air.

“What’s going on Gar?” one of the baristas asked Beast Boy. The green teen grinned and spoke up “Steve! I haven’t seen you in forever dude.” The barista being mention was a younger guy with tattoos and ear gauges. Steve was a pretty chill guy but he was missing the last week. “I told you I had vacation days man.” Garfield laughed before nodding slowly. “Oh yeah…” He lead Raven to a table near the windows, glad they were the only customers in the shop today. Beast Boy slid Raven a menu and pointed. “They have all kinds of herbal teas and stuff you use to like.” He remembered most things about Rachel and the rest of the Titans.

Garfield was right. There was a nice selection of tea here. The cafe itself was also very nice. It had a homey feel to it, and while it wasn’t really Rachel’s style, (way too many windows) she could appreciate it for what it was and what it could be for people.

She scanned down the list of teas and chose an Earl Grey Moonlight, Blackberry, and Pomegranate tea. But then she took a look at the rest of the menu. There was less tofu than she expected.

“They’re getting more clever with their fake meat…” she noted.

Beast Boy looked out the window watching the droplets slide down the glass, some fusing together, while others simply fell to the bottom alone. He didn’t need to look at the menu since he already knew exactly what he wanted. Rachel’s comment made him snicker “I told ya so but I really think you should try some. It’s even better than tofu!” Garfield admitted, which even he didn’t believe at first until he tried it.

Garfield leaned over and pointed at a particular dish he thought she would like. “You should totally try this burger. It’s made from like uhhh…” Steve walked over with a pen and pad, filling in the words Beast Boy had clearly forgotten. “It’s made from soy and potatoes with fat from coconuts and sunflower oils. They also added a molecule called heme which supposedly gives meat it’s taste, but I really wouldn’t know.” Garfield nodded “Steve’s a vegan too but he knows a lot more about stuff than me.” He poked the barista with his thumb.

Steve smiled and held up his pen. “So I’m guessing the same as last time for you Gar?” Garfield was glad Steve was hear instead of one of the newer employees. Sometimes he forgot what he had previously ordered so this was a relief for him. “You know it!” Steve scribbled some things down and turned to Rachel. “And for you ma’am?”

“As appetizing as that sounds, I’ll stick with Tea,” Rachel said, pointing out the type she wanted to the waiter. Rachel wasn’t a huge meat eater, but she liked it enough to not want the fake stuff. Anything that sounds like it’s trying to be something it’s not just turns her off.

She noticed that Garfield seemed right at home in this little cafe, everyone there seemed to know him and not care that he was a titan. It was refreshing to see, but then again, Garfield was just a likable guy in general.

And then, there they were. Just the two of them sitting at a table. Rachel got the uncomfortable feeling again. She didn’t know what to say.

“Uhm… do you…still watch movies?” She asked. That was a stupid question. How do people do this small talk thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back