• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Steve gave a small nod before writing down Rachel’s order and putting the pen back over his right ear. “Alright, I’ll be back in ten or so minutes.” He walked off and Garfield turned back to Raven. “Well duh of course I do! I haven’t gone to the movies in…” it was pretty clear he hadn’t gone since the disbandment of the team but he let the silence speak for itself. Beast Boy scratched his head “You still like to not watch movies?” He teased.

Personally the movies weren’t a bad place to go to since they were usually dark and Garfield could just as easily sit in the back, but he couldn’t go alone. That would be….weirder than going alone. “We should watch that movie I was in! The one with the gorillas and monkeys!” As usual, Beast Boy’s mind was all over the place and he kept talking before Rachel could even answer. “Wait maybe we could do it tonight! But you could be busy soooo…Can I get your number Rach?” Garfield was being considerably bold as if they had been talking everyday, but that didn’t really bother him.

Rachel frowned at the awkward silence. Seems like he does still remember what happened. She wasn’t sure if he did, what with him being as optimistic as ever. He bounced back so quickly.

“I still don’t like movies. The book version is always better,” she commented. Once upon a time, she might go to the movies with Beast Boy, even if she found the movie pointless. But there is a reason why the titans are no longer friends.

“The deal was I’d come to this cafe with you and you’d leave me and my books alone,” Rachel recounted. “Giving you my phone number would be pointless.” That and she didn’t have her phone with her. Yes she had one, she needed one in order to work at the bookstore, but she always left it at home. No one called anyway.

Beast Boy never understood why people said that the book version was better, unless they were talking about comic books of course. It was just way too boring to sit and read words with no pictures in it at all. Yuck! Garfield laughed nervously and threw his hands in the air. “Whatcha talking bout Rachel? I don’t remember you saying that? Doesn’t sound like something you said. Dude is it me or is the food taking forever?”

Of course he was lying through his green skin but it was a few moments before he broke. “Ahh c’mon Rae, don’t you know what it means to me that I get to see you again? Almost every day I wakes up and sometimes think I’m back at the tower. You guys were all my family and stuff, but you…” Garfield sunk in his chair, playing with his fingers trying to get the words out. “You know.. you were you.” He wasn’t ever good with words especially when situations became more serious. “I just don’t want to lose you again. Doesn’t matter if you’re Raven or Rachel to me. As long as you’re you…”

Rachel crossed her arms and looked away. "That's the point. We can't be us anymore. It worked for a little while, having friends and saving the world, but the Teen Titans failed. We have to move on or else we risk failing again." What she didn't say was she didn't want to lose him again either, and the best way to not lose is to not have in the first place.

She looked back at him and immediately regretted it. Raven never understood why Beast Boy ever bothered with her, and here it is happening again with Rachel and Garfield. "You're doing just fine without me, starring in movies, eating gross experimental vegan food. You're moving on. And I'm good at being alone. I like it," Rachel said, convincing herself as well as trying to convince him.

"We can't be Beast Boy and Raven anymore. And Rachel doesn't know who Garfield is."

Last edited:
Beast Boy couldn’t believe what he was hearing from Rachel. Well, he could since this was Raven technically, but it still was shocking to him. “Y’know Rachel” Garfield sat up and leaned towards her a little as he spoke. “I’m not smart or nothing like you but I learned some stuff being around you and the rest of the guys every day.” He waited a moment and made sure Raven was locking eyes with him.

“No matter how bad things get, we always stick together. I never wanted to give up on nothing, ‘specially my friends, and I won’t give up on you Rachel.” A determined fire blazed in the young man’s eyes. “Garfield may not know Rachel but Garfield wants to get to know Rachel.” Even though the moment was serious, talking in the third person caused him to smile. “Don’t you wanna get to know me all over again?” He has a slight playful tone but before Rachel answered he added on a few words. “Hey! Don’t look away this time, I wanna make sure you’re not messing with me.” Garfield requested, noticing that she hadn’t looked at him all evening whenever they talked seriously.

Rachel wanted to look away again, to hide her emotions because it was safer and easier. She was afraid to get her heart broken and she was afraid to lose control. He told her not to, though, and for some reason she listened.

It was rare to see Beast Boy be serious, and of course it didn’t last long, but it was enough. Her mouth twitched in what was almost a smile.

“Careful, Gar, all that thinking you’re doing might fracture your remaining brain cells,” she said in her usual monotone voice, even though she was, in fact, attempting to tease.

Rachel leaned back in her seat to relieve some of the tension, now that she was deciding to stick around for a little while longer. “I guess going to the movies wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. We’ll need to get popcorn.”

Garfield felt around the top of his head with both hands, trying to notice a difference before a look of embarrassment crossed his face. “Haha very funny Rae.” Even if he didn’t outright laugh, the smile never faded from his face.

Before Garfield could react to the good news, Steve came over with a plate for his green friend along with a generously sized mug for Rachel. “Thanks dude!” Beast Boy immediately spat out as Steve nodded to both consumers. “My pleasure guys. Eat up.” Once the waiter left them be, Garfield turned back to Raven, eyes bright with pure joy.

“Y’know popcorn is good with nachos.” He was brought a simple grilled cheese with fries and a glass of something carbonated. “I’m really glad you wanna spend some time with me Rach. I feel ever so honored.” Garfield threw on an awful British accent before holding up a pinky and digging into his sandwich.

Rachel scoffed in reaction to Garfield’s horrible attempt at a British accent. “Quit it.”

She took a sip of her tea and it didn’t disappoint. Dark soothing tones with hints of blackberry and pomegranate. When she looked over at Garfield’s plate, it actually didn’t look half bad either. True, it was just a simple grilled cheese and fries, but someone obviously knew what they were doing in the kitchen.

“Grilled Cheese, Nachos. Don’t you ever get tired of Cheese on carbs?” She asked, and without even thinking about what she was doing, she reached out and grabbed a fry.

Garfield laughed, figuring Rachel wouldn’t bite for his attempt at the accent, but it was her reaction that was funny to him. He could feel the cheese practically melt in his mouth, cheddar and American to be exact. The bread was toasted whole wheat, which was so perfect Beast Boy didn’t even notice the crumbs falling on his lap and hoodie.

At the moment Garfield didn’t have the brainpower nor will to think about what carbs were again, but he wasn’t going to be silent. “What? Cheese is like the best thi-“ His eyes fixated on the fry that was halfway into Rachel’s mouth and swallowed the food he was chewing. Immediately it was clear that Rachel was about to be teased for her decision though it wasn’t unwelcome. His shock grew into a smile and he spoke up “Weren’t you talking about ‘I’ll stick with tea’?” Garfield questioned as he sipped his own beverage.

She was still chewing the fry when Garfield commented on it. She flushed a little bit on being called out, but countered in all seriousness, “I don’t remember saying that. That doesn’t sound like something I said.” Rachel took another sip of her tea to hide her smile.

“So what is this movie you were in again? Something about…monkeys?” She asked, pushing the subject off of her.

Beast Boy gasped at Rachel, nearly spitting out his drink. He ignored the question she asked for now for a much more important reason in his mind. “Rach I just saw your face! You’re blushing!” He was honestly dumbfounded that Raven could even do that type of thing especially considering her history with emotions. “Dude….I never thought I’d see that…”

Garfield calmed down after his grinning fit, trying to get back on subject of what Rachel was saying. “Uhh oh yeah! This movie was totally sweet! It was like animals fighting back against humans after being in cages and stuff-Aw Rae you just gotta see it!” He tapped his forehead with a fry trying to remember something. “Oh, and I was a gorilla, a orangutan, and a couple monkeys.” Beast Boy said proudly.

Rachel rolled her eyes. Every emotion she shows causes a huge reaction from him. And they wonder why she’s so cold all the time.

The movie did not sound to her liking at all, but it did sound very beast boy. She remembered another movie Beast Boy had forced her to watch, a scary movie whose name she couldn’t recall. What she does remember is accidentally creating her very own horror movie right in Titan tower. It was incredibly embarrassing having her emotions revealed so plainly in front of her friends, but no one judged her for it. Beast Boy of course made a joke about it.This new movie sounded a whole lot safer.

“If I have to watch a movie, I might as well watch one with you in it. How scary can it be?” She shrugged.

Beast Boy was excited at first but remembered the days of him being very self centered when the Titans wanted to do any activity, but he didn’t want a redo of what use to be, he wanted things to be better. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked at Rachel. “Or if you want you could pick a movie. Or we could even pick one together!” Garfield felt it was the least he could do since she agreed on continuing to hang out in the first place.

Yeah Raven didn’t like movies, but if Beast Boy was picking the activity he didn’t see why he shouldn’t let her pick the movie. He finished the other half of his sandwich by stuffing it in his mouth before washing it down with his drink.

Rachel finished her tea as she thought about what type of movie she would like to see. She always leaned towards fantasy and fairytale books. She doubted Garfield would like such things.

“Maybe we should just see what’s playing. You know more about movies than me,” she suggested.

Garfield finished up his fries and wiped his hands off on his black sweatpants. He smirked a little. “Are you calling me smarter than you Rae?” Of course he was joking but the idea was comical in itself. He dug into his pocket and checked the bill before paying it, plus a generous tip for his main man Steve.

“It’s still raining outside but not as much I think. We should hurry up before it starts raining hard again.” Garfield suggested before getting up and brushing the crumbs off of him. “See ya Steve!” He called out.

“I’m not the one who didn’t know how to use a bookstore,” Rachel recanted. She gave Steve the waiter and awkward wave before they headed outside.

It was just above a drizzle outside, but it did lessen the number of people outside. The few who were out hurried with their heads looking down.

Rachel didn’t mind the rain, it made the sky foggy, gloomy, and somehow calming. She tugged at her hood to make sure it stayed on right.

“Come on, scaredy-cat. A little water won’t hurt you,” she said as she stepped out into the rain. The Cinema wasn’t that far, only 2 blocks away.

Garfield’s face was steaming from embarrassment and he quickly refuted Rachel’s statement. “You know I don’t read books and stuff.” He definitely couldn’t understand her fascination with them but maybe one day he’d be able to enjoy them with Rachel.

Garfield grabbed his board after Rachel teased him and hurried after the half demon. “You know I’m not scared of rain, c’mon Rae!” His smile was heard through his tone of voice. They walked next to each other for quite a while in comfortable silence before coming up on the movie theater. Garfield couldn’t quite understand why he didn’t feel the need to say anything but he was just happy being around Rachel again. It made him feel nice inside.

Garfield opened the door for Rachel to go inside before pointing up at all the movie promotion panels. “Look they gots everything!” There was a section for every genre he could imagine and then some.

Last edited:
Rachel too thought the wall to the movie theater was nice. The rain, while constant, was calm, gently and quietly falling to the ground. There was an even breeze to weak to temp the raindrops or play with Rachel’s hood. And, most shocking of all, Garfield wasn’t talking. She didn’t think Beast boy knew how to be quiet. Apparently Garfield does. She almost hated that the walk was over.

There were plenty of different movies with showtimes all for this evening. Rachel didn’t recognize any of the movies, save for a few that were obvious book adaptations. She scrutinized each one, trying to get any sort of indication as to which they should see. Maybe one that allows them to leave reality for a while.

A poster caught her eye of a movie with a group of people from outer space who have apparently been helping humans develop since the beginning of time. She didn’t know why, but one woman on the poster reminded her of Starfire, even though they looked nothing alike.

“Uhm, you know anything about this one?” Rachel asked.

Garfield soon the raindrops that had collected onto his head off like a dog, upset that a few had soaked into it. While Rachel surveyed the movie posters, Garfield looked towards the more obvious and attractive features of the theater. The snack stand. He nearly drooled at the site of the Twizzlers, Reese’s, Hershey bars, popcorn, nachos, Garfield could’ve went on and on, but Rachel pulled him back to Earth.

“Huh?” Garfield’s eyes fixated on the visual for the movie and he read it aloud. “The Eternals? I’ve never read that comic but Marvel movies are awesome! Yeah let’s do that one.” He agreed as he pointed Raven to his true love in food form. “Can we get food first or do we gots get seats?” Garfield seemed like quite literally, a kid in a candy shop.

“Eternals, huh?” Rachel didn’t realize it was a Marvel movie. That meant superhero’s and fight scenes. She was hesitant at first for going with such a movie, but maybe it would be good to watch it on screen for a change instead of in reality.

Her attention turned to Garfield, who looked as if he was just waiting for the signal to pounce on the snack stand. She reached for her wallet in her hoodie pocket. “Food first, but I’m paying this time,” she said raising her credit card.

Rachel asked the attendant behind the stand for a large popcorn, and then invited Garfield to whatever he wanted.

Garfield’s expression turned bright when he realized Rachel was treating him to snacks, but he knew he had to at least be fair about it. “Deal but I’m buying the tickets for ya” He demanded as he followed behind his friend with wandering eyes.

Once Rachel was finished ordering, Garfield stepped up and spoke out of the side of his mouth in a whisper to her. “Don’t worry, imma get something light.” He then proceeded to order large nachos, a box of Reese’s pieces, a medium popcorn, extra butter of course, and some twizzlers.

As they hobbled over to the ticket holder, Garfield tried to switch all his snacks to one hand, which was very unstable to say the least, and proceeded to pull his wallet out with his free hand. “Raaaae. Could you get my card out please?” He smiled at her, hoping she’d comply. Garfield’s card was skinned with bananas galore with a dark green background that matched his skin.

His snack order got bigger and bigger. She shook her head. “Why am I not surprised.” This definitely was Beast Boy’s idea of “light.”

Garfield looked ridiculous trying to get his wallet out of his pocket. The ticket lady was obviously trying to hold in a laugh at the scene before her. Luckily for Rachel, she had mastered the art of not laughing. She slid the credit card out of the wallet and handed it to the lady.

“Your showing will be in theater 3. Just a fair warning though, The Hulk isn’t in this movie,” The ticket lady said to Garfield.

Rachel frowned. “Did we asked if the Hulk was in this movie?”

The lady looked back at Rachel and jumped back in alarm. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean- I just thought. You know, cosplay is very common with marvel movies…”

Garfield used his pinky and ring finger to grasp the wallet and sliding it into his pocket appropriately. Now that he was able to to use both hands, Garfield could finally carry his items properly.

Garfield looked at Rachel with a face just as confused as her’s was. That was until the ticket woman then brought up the cosplay comment and he looked down as his exposed hand, remembering now that he was green. “O-oh yeah! I mean I like the hulk and stuff. You like it though?” Garfield’s voice was slightly nervous but glad she didn’t immediately recognize him.

“It looks greatmean I never saw the Hulk in a hoodie but your skin looks-”

“-The movie’s starting soon. We should get our seats,” Rachel cut in quickly, glancing through her peripherals to see if anyone was listening in.

“Oh yes, here’s your tickets. Enjoy the-“

“Thanks.”

Rachel pushed Garfield along, not wanting the woman to realize that he was not in fact in cosplay.

Once inside the theater, she was able to relax a bit. The lights were not off but it was dark enough where no one will look at them twice. But just in case.

“Maybe we should sit in the back.”

Garfield nodded his head rapidly before speaking again. “Dude it’s rain-“ Rachel pushed him off to the theaters as he waved his elbow at the lady before heading towards the proper viewing.

Garfield looked around and nodded in agreement with Rachel. “Dude I love sitting in the back anyways, you can see the WHOLE screen.” He scaled the stairs and noted that everyone was scattered towards the middle and front seats.

He placed his snacks in the seat to his right and patted the seat next to him. “C’mon mama, get nice and comfy.” Garfield was ready to enjoy his time with Rachel for the first time in forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back