• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield was glad to hear Rachel crack a little joke with him before sharing their true first kiss together, without a broken TV. He hadn’t expected his brain to turn to jelly after Rachel so it took a moment before he responded. Garfield looked down at hisself and then back at her. “Hey, I think I look good in grey.”

Garfield looked at the paint that was underneath his T-shirt and then at his legs past his shorts. “Yeah I gotta shower this stuff all off….” He said before heading over to his bags. Garfield dug through his packed items and pulled out a dark blue long sleeve shirt and black jeans along with undergarments.

Garfield walked towards the bathroom and poked Rachel’s stomach on his way by. “We should get some food and stuff before going home, I’m starving!” Starving and tired after their devious escapades for today. He hopped in the shower and quickly washed himself off, making sure to get every bit off paint off.

Garfield stepped out of the bathroom dressed and green again. Knowing it was a bit chilly he did have a black beanie on before spreading his arms, as if showing off the new him. “I guess green is my thing huh?” He joked.

As Gar went to shower off, Rachel changed into a black sweater and dark jeans. She threw on her purple winter jacket as she moved over to the window. Now that their business was done in Metropolis, a nice walk in the city might be just what they needed. Just some time to be normal, let the other heroes take care of business for a while before their real work begins. She remembered hearing Centennial ark in the center of the city, and thought Garfield might like it there.

Rachel was jolted out of her thoughts by the sound of the bathroom door opening. She turned around and was happy to see the green skin was back, his green hair poking out of the sides of a black beanie.

“Yep. You and Kermit the frog. The only two that can pull it off,” she said with a smirk. “Speaking of green. Centennial Park isn’t too far from here. Want to, I don’t know, walk around?” She asked. It was her first time asking anyone on a date, and she felt extremely awkward about it.

Garfield tried to imagine the puppeteered front and himself in the same room. There’s no way he was greener than the former Titan, right? He had never been to this park Rachel was talking about which meant something new for them to experience visually.

“That sounds like fun. Maybe we can get some food or something on the way back.” Garfield was all for the idea but nothing was going to take food off of his mind. He walked over to Rachel and pulled on her arm sleeve fabric. “I like the outfit Rae, looks good on you.” He complimented as they walked out the door, letting Rachel lead the way of course.

Last edited:
Rachel pulled the hood of her jacket up over her head before exiting the room to cover her get and her blush. “Thanks,” she muttered.

No one paid the two young adults any mind as they walked through the lobby and exited the hotel, save for the doorman who kindly opened the door for them. Back on the busy streets of the city, Rachel reached out and held Garfield’s hand so they wouldn’t get separated. That’s what couples do, right?

A few blocks later and they finally saw a patch of green. The large park looked somewhat out of place, being surrounded by busy city life, while itself being a much calmer atmosphere. It reminded Rachel of the park the titans used to go to, but 10 times as large. A dirt pathway led them further down the path of the park. No one really sat on the grass do to the light sprinkle of winter snow on top of it, but there were plenty sitting in benches or walking the paths.

Further in, there were attractions besides grass. Street performers, Cartoon artists, and a row of food trucks. Rachel’s attention was drawn to the cartoon artist who was surrounded by his past work and working on a new one. Upon closer scrutiny, Rachel had a clear idea what he was drawing. She nudged Gar and pointed to the artist. He was just finishing the claw of a giant green tiger next to an already finished dark shadow with glowing white eyes.

Garfield gave a thank you to the doorman as they left out the hotel. He wasn’t expecting Rachel’s fingers to intertwined themselves with his own, but grasped onto them without a thought of letting them go. The city around them was bustling with less panic than he had expecting considering they had threatened to block out the sun from the city. Then again, with Superman around to stop anyone who jeopardized the safety of Metropolis, they often experienced one and done villains.

Reaching the park was rejuvenating for Garfield, seeing some green and animals in this concrete jungle they traveled through. He could smell all sorts of things from the food trucks, which he wanted to try before Rachel pointed out something. “Whoa, should we go get it from him? It’s like a cool reminder!” Garfield suggested.

He pulled Rachel over to the artist and grinned. “Dude this drawing is awesome! How much is it?” Garfield asked while rummaging around his pockets.

Rachel rolled her eyes as she was pulled over to the artist. She wasn’t surprised that Gar wanted the painting, but the artist obviously was.

“I was just doing this for fun, don’t you want a caricature instead?” He asked.

“I don’t think he can sit that long,” Rachel replied.

“Oh. Well, in that case, sure! It’ll be thirty bucks. Wow, I wasn’t expecting any takers for this one. I just thought these villains looked so cool. Too bad they’re villains, I’m sure we won’t be seeing much of them anymore. Sure was scary when the sun was blocked and all of a sudden their was this huge roar. When I tell ya, I never ran so fast as I did at that moment!” The artist rambled. Rachel’s deadpanned stare caused him to stop and laugh uncomfortably. “Haha. Anyway, enjoy your drawing. Hey, maybe I can make a business if this, drawing them supers,” he continued talking more to himself than them.

“I think you made that guy’s day,” Rachel commented.

Garfield looked a bit confused but Rachel denied the form of art he was talking about, so the time Garfield thought to himself “What’s a caricature?…”. He handed the artist a twenty and a ten before taking the portrait. It was nice to hear they had done a good job at being villains and some even perceived them as cool. “Yeah they were pretty cool huh, ‘specially that tiger. I think he was-“

Garfield was then taken away from the man as Rachel clearly disliked the attention. He nodded his head looking at the picture in his free hand after taking her’s in the other. “Y’know this is like a cool picture for us! We could keep it and be like ‘Hey I remember that time Gar was an awesome tiger and Rae became one with the dark’ or something.” It made his own day to know they would always remember that day.

Garfield would always remember food as well but a quiet walk with Rachel was even more nourishing to his soul. “Hey Rae” He leaned his head on top of hers momentarily. “You think you could magic this back to the room so I don’t gotta hold it all day?” Garfield figured it was one of his more reasonable requests when it came to Rachel’s magic.

Rachel pulled Gar away from the artist before they both got in a conversation that would probably never end.

“I don’t think pictures are needed to remember memories, but yeah, it is pretty cool looking.” She felt just how happy the picture made him, so she wasn’t going to ruin it. She also sensed that he was hungry, which was why she slowly lead them in the direction of the food trucks Gar didn’t yet notice.

With his request in mind, Rachel looked around through her peripherals to see if anyone was watching them, a feat that was somewhat more difficult with his head on top of hers. Instead of pushing him away, she moved in closer, bringing the front of her body towards his.

“Keep watch,” she said, before creating a small portal right in between them, just the right size for a picture to fall through. She took the picture from him and dropped it inside, quickly closing it up before any nosy onlookers could see.

“There,” Rachel said, turning back ahead and continuing there walk. “Safe and sound. Good thing, too. Don’t want to get any food on it.” Rachel said, nodding up ahead at the row of food trucks not too far away. “Dare I ask if you’re hungry?”

Garfield smiled feeling Rachel move into his body as they walked alongside the food trucks. He held out the picture for Rachel and lifted his head. ”You can count on me!” His voiced filled with a dutiful tone, looking around at nearby civilians. Once the weight of the picture left his hands, Garfield let the hand fall to his side.

“You’re the best Rae…” He wasn’t afraid to let Rachel know his emotions about her, especially when she just did so many amazing things. Garfield’s eyes lit up when she pointed to the food trucks and he nearly pulled her arm out of the socket, giving Rachel the unnecessary answer.

Garfield brought her to a food truck that read, ‘Pizza Cones’ with an animated slice of pizza as its mascot. “So I got an idea. What if we take the Pizza cone and then stuff a burrito inside it from that Taco truck!” He said with the look of a genius mad scientist in his eyes. It was fair since this was perhaps his best idea since the chili taco, which was exactly as messy as it sounded.

“Don’t mention- woah!” Rachel was cut off by being nearly flung towards the food trucks. She was not prepared for the sudden reaction, but should have known better. They made an abrupt stop right in front of a truck called Pizza Cone.

“What is a pizza cone?” Rachel wondered aloud. She got her answer by seeing pedestrians walking away from the truck with what looked like an ice cream cone but made with pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and other pizza toppings. “Weird,” she muttered, but Garfield seemed all for it, coming up with some hair-raising scheme to get even more inside that cone. It sounded excessive and a bit gross to her.

“I think I’ll just stick to a regular not pizza-wrapped burrito,” She said. “I’ll get on line for the taco truck and get the burritos, you get your pizza cone and we’ll meet up at the bench over there,” she said, stepping off the pizza line. The taco truck was right next the pizza one, and not with a long line. While she waited patiently for her turn, she listened to the emotions around her, surprised at how calm everyone was after the morning they had.

Garfield was in the middle of trying to explain what else would fit inside of said cone when Rachel explained she’d just get a regular burrito. He checked the bench and the line at the Taco Truck and nodded his head. “Imma get us some drinks too.” He called out as Rachel left, not wanting to let her hand go.

Once he stepped up, Garfield ordered an all cheese cone considering the veggies and good stuff would be on the burrito, he assumed. He got himself a soda and wasn’t sure what Rachel wanted since there was no tea so he got her the same thing.

Garfield headed over to the bench with his hands and arms full with the drinks and his single cone. He went with a large slice just so he could wrap it around the burrito properly. “Oo I can’t wait to try this” Garfield studied Rachel as she walked over with their burritos. “Hey I just realize this is kinda like a date.”

Rachel ordered and received the burritos in a timely fashion from the Taco Truck, making sure get the vegetarian burrito for Gar. She maneuvered through the incoming lunch crowd and made her way over to the designated bench. “I don’t think this burrito’s is gonna fit in that cone,” Rachel said, eyeballing the pizza cone in Gar’s hand.

She squinted her eyes at his remark about this being a date. “You don’t have to make a big deal out of it,” she mumbled, handing his burrito over to him and unwrapping her own.

The thought occurred to her that people walking by may see the two of them sitting on the bench as a normal couple. Weird. Rachel decided to turn her mind away from it and enjoy the entertainment that was Gar trying to fit a burrito in a pizza cone. “All right, let’s see this genius plan of yours.”

Garfield laughed manically as he received his Mexican treat from Rachel. He put the burrito down leaving it wrapped up before focusing first on his pizza cone. “But I’m on a date with Rachel! I haaave to make a big deal bout it.” Garfield teased whilst leaning over and taking a sip of his drink. “Watch and learn Seniorita.”

Garfield took the cardboard the pizza cone sat in off of his food and located the seam of the cone. He unraveled it so that it was a crescent of pizza before tearing his burrito wrapping off with his sharp canines, placing it inside the pizza and making it back into a swelled cone. “Booyah!” The green hero mimicked his best friend in a kind light. “The Burriza!” Garfield bit into the monstrous creation and melted in his seat.

“This is awesome, Rae you gots to try this!” Garfield offered without being too pushy to his partner.

“Burriza, huh?” Rachel eyed it warily. “I don’t know. I’ve seen you eat trash before…”

The so-named Burriza looked a mess, as expected. Then again, it was just pizza and burrito, how bad could it be? Besides, it would make Gar happy if she tried it.

She leaned over and went for a bite, trying to get a mix of burrito and pizza in her bite, which proved difficult. Bits of burrito gunk got on her nose as she pulled away, and she rubbed it off as she chewed.

“Not bad,” She said through a full mouth. She still felt it was excessive, but she could imagine other crazy people getting excited over it. “Maybe one day you too will have your own food truck in a park somewhere.”

Garfield’s eyes widened when Rachel went in for the bite, wondering if this was a dream or not. No way she would’ve done this before, which wasn’t necessarily bad but it showed that things were changing.

He chuckled watching the beans and sour cream from his burrito top Rachel’s nose like whipped cream on a slice of pie. Garfield thought about himself with a job at a food joint and figured people wouldn’t like it since he was vegan, then again lots of people were turning vegan so who knows. “Chef Gar’s Burriza Palace.” He said as he dive back into said creation, ready to finish it off.

Garfield consumed the Burriza with little to no effort while looking at the trees and scenery of the park. “This place is pretty nice Rae…I wish we could just sit here together forever and not have to worry about villains and saving people.” Though Garfield was a hero through and through, there were often times he wished there were no villains to fight and things would be more ‘normal’.

Last edited:
“Gar’s Burriza Palace. Catchy,” Rachel grinned, going back to her own burrito.

They ate in contented silence, Gar finishing his much quicker than her. Rachel used the opportunity to people-watch. There was a little girl in a blinding neon pink winter coat and boots stomping all over the snow and inspecting her footprints. A boy about the same age crept up behind her and tackled her to the ground. Rachel thought the girl would be mad about this, but she simply laughed and threw what little snow she could pick up off the ground at his face. The boy began to laugh too and helped the little girl to her feet. Rachel was touched by the innocence of it all.

“That’s why we do it though, right? We deal with villains and saving people so we can have moments like this,” Rachel said. “I think I forgot how it felt to save people. All these people can have a good day because those heroes stopped us from ruining it. That’s pretty neat. I’m almost eager to go back, despite all the worry.”

She looked at him and shrugged, “Normal is overrated for people like us anyway. Did it the past three years, don’t really need to do it again.”

Garfield put his arm around Rachel once she finished her food and smiled while the kids began playing together. It was funny to watch considering the boy acted a little like himself but smaller. A little cute interaction between the two children made Garfield warm up inside as his own friend to tackle in the snow began talking.

His arm slivered back to his side from behind her and he listened to her words. Garfield smiled “As long as we got each other I think Imma be all good.” He took a look at Rachel’s gem which still had a bit of paint stuck on it but it was much smaller than before, deciding not to speak on the matter.

Garfield relaxed himself, reaching his arm back around Rachel and pulling her into his embrace. “Rae, we gotta still fight that bald dude don’t we?” He asked, knowing the answer but asking regardless. Garfield nodded his head “We got this.” A determined tone took over the otherwise playful hero, knowing how this situation made Rachel feel.

“Yeah,” Rachel agreed quietly. She was thinking once again about her dream and how it was unfair for her to hide it.

“I had a dream last night,” she started hesitantly. “I think it might have been a vision of our fight against Luthor and the brotherhood.”

Rachel turned to look at Gar. “Brain is still alive, Mallah is too; he must have survived that explosion. I was spying on them, and I overheard Luthor and Brain fighting for control of the Brotherhood. They’re not a United front. I think we used that against them. It got… fuzzy after that.” Rachel paused, tossing on whether she should say what she thought she saw next.

She decided against it, now determined more than ever to not let it happen. “You were something big, I know that much. Mallah didn’t stand a chance.”

Garfield had listened to Rachel, expecting a dreary explanation of her dream since she was talking about a fight against Brain and Mallah. When Brain was confirmed alive he frowned a little but let Rachel continue. “I don’t see the bad part Rae, sounds like we kick there butts AND I get to be something big. How come you sound so worried bout it?”

Garfield smiled and pulled Rachel to her feet. “There’s nothing to worry about, we’re gonna smash those dumb villain’s without a sweat!” He was glad to get a little comfort due to Rachel’s dream, which were usually true. “All we gotta do is make sure things go right then everything’s gonna be cool as a cucumber.” Garfield had an arm around Rachel and his other arm wiped across the sky.

Garfield took his arm from around Rachel and interlocked their finger. “Rae don’t even think about anything bad, I promise I won’t let nothing happen to my Rae Rae.” He gave her hand a small squeeze as they began walking again b

Gar’s optimism was contagious, Rachel could help but believe everything would be ok. She’d been through worse, right? Besides, all she had to do was control herself, which she’s done her whole life.

She allowed herself to be pulled up and have the visual Gar painted in the sky fill her mind. “Well if you put it that way,” Rachel said with a grin. “What have I to fear?”

They spent a good portion of the afternoon walking through the park, enjoying the peace in Metropolis they would hopefully soon bring to Jump City. All too soon though, Rachel had the growing feeling that they should be heading back to their own city and stop procrastinating.

“We should probably be heading back,” she said finally, almost regretfully. “I think I’ll be able to teleport us back to Jump City this time, now that I know the way.”

Garfield was truly in a world of his own, walking through the park a bit zoned out. He wasn’t even paying attention to his surroundings or the time until Rachel mentioned Jump City. “Wait so you’re magicking us back to the hotel then back home?” He zoned out often so it was essential to ask questions so he could get the gist of the situation.

It was true that they would have to check out of the hotel technically, or they would continue to charge Garfield. “Oh yeah, good point. Let’s go then!” When they got back to the room Garfield started to get his things, packing up his games he pulled out and separating his dirty clothes. “Will you get tired from doing the teleporting thing?” He asked, stuffing the clothes into the bag.

Rachel waited until they were in a secluded part of the park with no onlookers before opening a portal to the hotel. She folded and neatly packed her clothes bag into her own bag, shaking her head at the disorganized way Gar did it.

“I might be a little tired,” Rachel said with a shrug. “But I’ll be fine. We really should be getting back, who knows what Luthor has already done without us there to stop him.” She zipped up her bag and through it over her shoulder. “But I think we now have all we need to stop him. All in all, not a worthless trip.”

Giving a final glance around the room, Rachel made her way for the door. “Let’s check out. I can teleport us in an alleyway.”

Garfield struggled to zip his own bag up due to the size of it being deformed since he refused to fold the clothes inside. He made sure he left nothing before nodding his head. “I can’t wait to be back in Jump City again!” Garfield said as they made their way to the elevator. Once inside, he stood next to Rachel hummed the tune the elevator was playing in the background. It sort of reminded him of the time they went to the music shop and got to listen to music together.

Garfield walked alongside Rachel to the front desk after leaving the elevator, almost forgetting he was supposed to be the one to check out. “Oh, is it cool that we check out?” He asked the secretary who nodded his head. “Of course and I hope you two had a wonderful stay. Come back and see us anytime.” Garfield smiled at the man “Totally! Seeya later.”

When they walked out a small part of Garfield remembered he needed to get a new place and a new job at some point, which was a bummer. He enjoyed being around Rachel again but pushed the thoughts from his mind. Once they saw an alleyway, Garfield stopped behind Rachel and grinned. “Alright, work your magic Rae!”

Leaving the hotel, Rachel thought about what the hotel attendant said. She wouldn’t mind coming back to visit Metropolis again one day, although next time not with the intent of portraying the villain.

Even the streets didn’t seem as daunting as they first did when they arrived, maybe because this time there isn’t so much urgency. It was strange. They didn’t do what they had come here to do, which was to get heroes to help then, but they did get help of a kind. Hopefully it’d be enough to face off against Lex Luthor and the Brotherhood.

They snuck into a nearby abandoned alleyway and Rachel prepared her spell. “Stay close. I don’t want to hold it open for long,” Rachel said. She was a little worried since she was still getting used to her powers again after not using them for three years, and the other reason she tried not to think about, but she steadied herself, dropped her bag, and focused on the task at hand.

“Azarath Metrion Zinthos,” She chanted, spreading her hands apart, opening the dark portal to Jump City. Rachel lifted her bag in one hand and with the other reached for Garfield. She took his hand and led the way through the portal.

The dark alleyway was replaced with the sunny front steps of Rachel’s apartment building. She frowned, disappointed that she was slightly off course; she had been aiming for inside her apartment. A wave of vertigo hit her suddenly, and she leaned on the building to steady herself.

“Woah….I guess I’m still a bit…out of practice,” Rachel said, taking some deep breaths. “Give me a minute.”

Garfield switched both bags to one hand, feeling the weight from his shoulder down. He followed Rachel in and dropped both bags when he saw her lean on the wall. He went to her side and placed a hand on her waist to help her. “You okay? C’mon, I can help you in.” Garfield insisted without letting Rachel argue or refuse. He put one arm over her shoulder and walked her to door slowly, making sure she wouldn’t stumble or fall.

Once at the door he went to open it and it locked, though he ran into it anyways with the opposite expectation. Garfield rubbed his head in embarrassment and waited for Rachel to unlock it. Once she had, he led her to the couch and sat get there. “Imma go and get our stuff and then imma hook you up with some tea, since you taught me how to make it.” Garfield rushed out the door and came back in with all of their bags in his arms. “Don’t worry Rae, Doctor Gar is in the house!”

Of course Garfield knew Rachel would be alright but he wanted to show his appreciation for her and also to make sure she didn’t over do it after the portal. He put the bags on the floor before heading into the kitchen. He sat the kettle on the stove then scratched his head “Uh, where you keep the tea again?” Garfield asked, having already forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back