• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Rachel glared at him, not amused by his tease. "On second thought, give me that bracelet back." He did not, instead he took her hand and she relented.

His commented reminded her of another dream she had, one that was a whole lot nicer to think about than the other. "I don't think this one was a vision, but I did have a dream that we were all at the park having a barbecue. Cyborg was there too," she said, then shrugged. "But we don't need a dream to tell us what we can and cannot do."

Hand in hand they went back to the living room, Rachel visibly more relaxed about the whole situation. Starfire was back on the living room couch, an empty food container once containing crab-stuffed mushrooms in hand and a fork in her mouth, happily chewing the last bite while Nightwiing stood off to the side, obviously not pleased.

"I believe the phrase is 'the early bird gets the more desired meal.' This is why I never leave leftovers," Starfire stated, proud of her victory.

"It's worm, Star," Rachel corrected.

"Oh right, I forgot Earth birds desire worms." Starfire popped her fork out of her mouth and flew over to the sink to clean up. "Too bad they are not as desired by humans because there are plenty of worms and no more crab-stuffed mushrooms,' she said smugly, grinning at Nightwing.

Garfield raised his eyebrows in surprise, any good dreams from Rachel was always a awesome thing to come in the future. Typically her dreams were bad or just plain horrible like the one she spoke to him about losing control.

“How’s bout we let this one dream tell us what to do?” Gar gave her a light smile whilst the hero couple returned to trouble in paradise, Nightwing in silent suffering due to Starfire eating his favorite food.

Dick was standing with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall with a slight pout. “You know last I checked, birds share with their mates.” He joked as he creeped over to sneak a little piece only to rush back into place as if he never moved when Starfire flew into the kitchen.

Garfield plopped on the couch, patting the cushion so she’d sit right next to him. “Y’know I don’t like worms or crabs but those mushrooms sound pretty good.” He admitted.

Dick raised his eyebrow and directed his attention to the couple. “You guys giving each other gifts?” He asked in reference to Garfield’s apparent new bracelet. “That’s pretty cute.” Nightwing teased.

Gar stumbled a bit before spitting out a competent sentence. “Uhh well it’s just something I Rae got me to remember her and stuff when we’re not together.”

Rachel was glad Gar didn't say aloud what exactly the bracelet was for, although the reasoning of wanting him to not forget her seemed ridiculous and sentimental. She fought a grimace as she added, "Yeah, just in case."

Sitting down next to Gar, Rachel noticed that Kory was still watching the news, but there was no headline of interest. All was calm, which was a relief for the moment. All they were talking about was some pointless Summer Festival thing. A big cookout by the beach, multiple stands and carnival games, and a concert to the end the night by some band Rachel didn't recognize.

"Oh wow!" Kory flew back from the kitchen to look at the screen. "I didn't think they would have it this year with the cultural affairs committee president retiring. The Summer Festival is one of the main selling points for living in Jump City."

"Who would move here for an event that only happens once a year?" Rachel asked, having had avoided this event the past few years while living alone.

"Let's go! I would like to try the fried black and white cookies and listen to this 'Crazy Thoughts Band'," Kory said, ignoring Rachel's comment.

It didn’t take training from Batman to tell the two were obviously lying but Dick wasn’t going to press the subject any further.

Garfield was completely unaware about this President retiring thing but he knew the Summer Festival was awesome! Thanks to all the face painting and stuff it was another time of the year he could go out and be his natural self. That and Halloween of course.

“Oo! I love deep fried Oreos! And they even got funnel cake and fluffy little cake things that look like pillows!” Garfield got just as excited as Starfire though he agreed about that being a ridiculous selling point for living in a city. You can get good food anywhere right?

Nightwing came to the couch as they initially began to geek out over the food. “I think you’re talking about beignets and they’re delicious.” He agreed.

Garfield turned to Rachel, his spiritual tail wagging as his words flew from his mouth. “Can we go to the festival together pleeeeeeeease?” He put his hands hands together with a begging tone in his voice.

"Basically anything deep fried is delicious," Rachel commented matter-of-factly. She was just about to say they should go when Garfield beat her to it, allowing her to play it off like she was not thinking of going.

Shrugging, she replied, "Might as well do something besides stare at the TV screen."

Kory hopped up onto her feet, all thoughts of watching the news gone from her mind. "I'll go get changed!" She zoomed over the couch and out the room, headed towards her vast and stylish wardrobe.

"Normal clothes it is, then," Rachel said, not at all surprised by the Kory's breakneck speed. She reached over, kissed Gar on the cheek and said, "See you in a bit," before phasing down through the couch and transporting to her room. The landing point was right in front of her mirror, which nearly gave her a heart attack.

"Lovely," Her hair was damp and disheveled, sand latched onto her cloak, and her leotard was stained with the smell of salt water. She had been so eager to help Gar with his new form, she forgot to clean herself up. "I look like a sea urchin." Off she went to go make herself presentable.

Garfield’s hand followed Rachel until she completely phased into the couch, sometimes forgetting that was a thing she did to get around.

Nightwing nodded his head, cumulating the conversation that was discussed before him. “Hey Dick you wanna go to the summer festival, Aw gee wilikers thanks guys.” He teased as it was now just him and Beast Boy.

Beast Boy laughed “Dude you should definitely know you’re coming with us if Starfire’s going.” He was glad that things were going to be on a lighter note to end the day considering their morning.

The two went their separate ways and Garfield decided he should probably wear something light since it was hot out and they’d be without ac. He searched through his closet, filled with items Cyborg though he would’ve liked, and got a suitable summer outfit.

Gar put on a pair of beige shorts with a green t shirt that had band on it named Gorillaz. There was also a visor hat that he put on with the brim facing back ending it all with some mix match purple and black socks with low top shoes.

He slunk back into the living room with the normally clothed Dick Grayson waiting for him and the others. Nightwing adopted a white shirt with a black unzipped jacket along with normal blue jeans and black shoes.

“Dude you know it’s gonna be hot right?” Garfield reminded as Dick shrugged. “Bludhaven is a bit hotter than Jump City in the summer so I’ll be alright. Besides not everyone can just change into an animal without worrying what they have on.”

In a way it was a good reminder that they were still heroes at the end of the day and needed to be prepared in case a villain attacked.

Rachel no longer felt urchin-y after taking a shower and switching into clean clothes. She threw on a dark purple tank top and ripped jean shorts. Her hand was just pulling her hooded jacket on when there was a knock at her door.

"What?" She called out, which was enough of an invite for the door to open and let Kory in.

"Friend, I wanted to have your opinion on my choice of wardrobe. I hear it is something girlfriends do before going out," Kory explained as she glided into the room. Rachel eyed Starfire's outfit, not surprised by it but still at a loss of words. It didn't leave much to the imagination, a tiny pink crop top with golden lettering on it labeling a brand Rachel didn't recognize and tight low-cut jeans that was probably a few centimeters short of qualifying as actual shorts. Around one shoulder hung a long-chained purple purse that bounced against her thigh as she walked.

"...cute," Rachel finally managed to say. Kory crossed her arms and Rachel first thought she might have said the wrong thing, but then Kory replied.

"Rachel, your outfit does not need a jacket. Come here." Kory pulled the jacket off of her and dragged her over to the mirror, lighting her hands up to allow them to see Rachel perfectly in the mirror.

"Star," Rachel fought, but ultimately couldn't help but look at herself in the mirror.

"See," Kory said, keeping Rachel's armed pinned down to her sides. "You do not always need to hide yourself behind cloaks and hoods all the time."

Rachel rolled her eyes. "I do not have self esteem issues, Star. I just... like feeling safe."

"I saw what you gave Garfield, Rachel. Terra showed me hers."
"And here I thought you were just fishing for compliments."
"Raven, please. Please let me help you."

Kory spun Rachel around and threw the purple purse she had been carrying around her shoulder. Rachel stared dumbly at her. "How's a purse supposed to help me?"

Kory flew over to Raven's closet and came back with one of her cloaks. Then, she unceremoniously stuffed it into the purse.

"There. Now you have your safety with you, but you do not need it on you. Not always," Kory said, zipping up the purse.

"Try to not need it. I think you will find you are more than capable without it, just how you are more than capable without that silly bracelet."

Rachel sighed. "Fine. No hood. But I'm keeping this with me," she indicated to the purse. "You don't have it in a darker color, do you?"

"Nope! Come on!" Kory grabbed Rachel's hand and yanked her down the hall.

"We are ready to go!" Kory announced as the living room door swung open. Rachel stumbled in after her, the purse swinging wildly behind her. She grabbed onto it and steadied it beside her.

Rachel noted that Dick was wearing a jacket, not fair. Why couldn't Star have badgered him instead? She yanked her hand from Kory's and crossed her arms, looking over at Gar. "Remind me to change the lock for my door."

Garfield was a little surprised by Rachel’s lack of sleeves but didn’t have a complaint about the missing fabric. It took him a moment to speak without sounding like a cartoon wolf howling. “What’s got you looking so foxy Rae?” He asked. Gar wanted to say who but didn’t want to press his luck.

Dick figured that Kory had met with Rachel seeing as the two showed up dressed together, knowing she must’ve had fashion choices for the half demon. “That was nice of you.” He said at a volume only she could hear.

Garfield looked at the elevator then at Rachel. “So are we gonna have to carry Little Dicky or are we teleporting?” He scratched his head with his bracelet brandishing on his wrist. It must’ve been annoying to Nightwing that he often needed to be carried everywhere especially since their tower was on an island. He’d need to get a boat then have a car waiting on the island.

Dick bit his tongue but he was tempted to say he’d take the long way. He enjoyed having friends but it was exhausting relying on them in the simplest of tasks. He had an idea but it was hard to pull off without Cyborg.

Rachel shrugged and tucked her hair behind her ears. "It's hot out." Kory did not reply to Dick's comment, but the smile on her face widened, pleased at her work.

"I can just portal us there," Rachel offered, eager to get the subject off of her.

"Oh, can't we go the normal way?" Kory pleaded. "It has been so long since I have taken the bus anywhere. It was most pleasurable talking to people on their morning commute."

"I don't think the bus will come pick us up here at titan tower," Rachel commented. "But I guess I can get us to the nearest bus stop, if you want."

Raven didn't really care for Cyborg's car when he first introduced it to the titans, didn't make much sense to a team of heroes that are pretty mobile on their own. However, she grew to love the thing in her own way, and sometimes it was nice to let something else be in charge of transport.

She cracked her knuckles and formed a portal beside her.

Garfield wasn’t sure how to interpret Rachel’s body language but he put an arm on her shoulder happily. “Well I like it.” He admitted without hesitation. The thought of riding the bus seemed lame to him considering they literally used the most awesome forms of transportation possible, why Kory would find a bus exciting was the most Starfire thing ever.

Dick found this pretty funny as the portal opened and they stepped through. “Yeah riding the bus is definitely an experience that’s for sure.” He agreed as the bus stop was luckily empty. He leaned against the small structure which covered the bench in case of rain.

“Wait so what if people recognize us? Especially me.” He pointed out. It wasn’t as though there were plenty of green dudes with pointed ears roaming the city to confuse him for. It’s not like he was worried about being spotted, and Dick knew that it was possibly something Gar wanted, but there was a chance this would ruin their fun day with fans and hecklers alike.

“Rachel, is there something you can do to mask his appearance to others until we actually get to the festival?” Dick suggested in hopes a spell would do the trick.

Rachel thought about it for a moment, trying to remember if she read anything about changing skin tone. There was one spell she had read recently but hadn’t tried, not thinking there would ever be a need for her to do such a thing.

Another idea came into her head, and she looked down at her borrowed purse. “I think I have something, but you’ll need to close your eyes first,” she said.

Once his eyes were closed she pulled out her cloak and threw it over him. Kory giggled at the cloak being way to short.

“There. Problem solved,” Rachel said with a grin.

Garfield was skeptical to close his eyes once Rachel glanced at the purse. Surely she wasn’t going to put any makeup on him, right?

As requested his eyes slowly shut, ears twitching with the rustling of fabric. Gar felt the cloak be placed on him and ride up to about the halfway point of his socks.

He chuckled out of a bit of embarrassment but clutched the cloak closed. “Ugh thanks or whatever…” Garfield stated as if he were the old Raven. Nightwing genuinly laughed “Guess you’ve been rubbing off on him a little too much.”

Luckily the bus was there a few minutes later and the four boarded with there being an assortment of different individuals. Garfield tried to keep the hood on straight and his head down as Starfire found the seats she wanted them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back