• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Be Your Worst Self: Monster Prom RP

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Ghoulina

That one onion that is rooting for you
Hey everyone. Please use the template below, and style it up as much as you want.

Full Name:
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Monster Type:
Personality:
History:
Extra: (Music, tidbits, what have you)

Last edited:
Completed

Full Name: Yan Xi

Sexuality: Bisexual

Height: 5'10"

Monster Type: Jiangshi

Personality: Yan Xi is a bubbly individual. Always wanting to move here and there is why she loves sports so much! Her family also drilled to her the importance of eating healthy and exercise, so don't be surprised if she finds you eating junk and you get scolded because she will do that. She's an affectionate individual but is also a sensitive one. She's easily discouraged and will cry immediately when insulted. That being said it's also quite easy to cheer her up so long as you know the right words to say.

History: Yan Xi was a normal high school girl. Was is the word. Now she is a reanimated corpse enrolled in Spooky High! How did this happen you ask? Well, it all started when she was still human. She was living the best life she could scold her friends to eat properly and dragging them to exercise with her. She's very athletic and knows for her involvement in helping out many sports clubs although she mainly joins her old school's Kung Fu club. She's a big fan of ARA and was inspired to study piano and join a band in her school too. She's well-liked and does fairly well in academics so imagine the surprise of her small town when she suddenly dropped dead one night.

She had just come home from one of ARA's concerts, all bubbly and still reeling from the adrenaline and she has exhausted all of her savings. After such an experience, she was ready to take a bath just before going to sleep as she had a big day tomorrow. It was supposed to be their Prom Night after all, and she was asked to the event by her crush/best friend who had no one to go with. She was happily dancing and humming as she came to her bathroom chanting ARA's name, as she remembers the whole concert inside her head, it was then that she stepped on a stary bar of soap and slipped to her death.

It was a shock for sure, but still, she died that day at the young age of seventeen and never even got to attend Prom. Imagine her surprise when someone suddenly reanimated her and turned her into a Jiangshi. Finally! She thought to herself, a chance to go to the one thing she missed before dying. She then enrolled at Spooky High and found out that ARA was also attending, it was gonna be a great school year.

Likes: Sports, bread and pastries, romance, love songs, pop songs, ARA

Dislikes: being unanimated, sour food, livers, people who don't keep themselves healthy

Extra:
  • She can play any sports!
  • She's very good at martial arts, specifically Kung Fu
  • She can play the Piano
  • She can bake
  • She's a big ARA fan
  • She can eat normally but she needs to consume Qi to keep on living
  • Sunlight doesn't bode well with her
  • She doesn't feel pain, you can chop her arm off and she won't feel a thing!
  • But do note that she still experiences emotional pain
  • She's formerly human
  • The Talisman is the reason why her body can move, if you remove it she will stay dead. Just slap it back on her head to reanimate her
code by: Ambiloquous from Ami's Lab

Last edited:

• kit cotton

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Full Name: Kit Cotton

Sexuality: Highkey, I just want a guy who like, comes pick me up and eat my heart out, you know? That would be super aesthetic if it ever happened.

Appearance: I'm pretty tall, I'd say, just around 6'4". Also, I'm pretty bulky, but I tend to get thin quickly if I'm under rain. Like seriously, I'd melt. Anyways, for my outfits, I'm hella in love with designer brands! Like, their designs are such designs. I have some Burberrys, Chanel, a few pieces of Gucci, and some charity picks because I'm so charitable! I just buy whatever on the spot really, as long as it matches my color to keep it classy, you dig?

Monster Type: Well, I'm a candy person! We're not that common, but we are pretty endearing in some way. I'm made of cotton candy (blueberry flavored if you're curious), but there are other candy people who could totally just not be made from cotton candy like caramel and such.

Personality: People say I'm literally the most air-headed person they know, but like, I can't help cuz I'm literally made of sugar and air! Seriously though, I bet if they had money, they would totally understand. Like, I know I'm bitchy, but I wouldn't go out as to insult someone, that would be classless. I just love what every basic white girl trash loves! Shopping, partying, and dating; literally, just basic stuff. People say to me that I'm way too basic, and like, so what? I'm proud that I'm basic, I think.

History: Well, I think I was like, born out of a main cotton cloud. The cloud was like, large and round with a bunch of colors that represented other flavors. All I remember from my time there was like, a bunch of stuff. I had a shared connection with my people, and I really felt like I was totes not in my comfort zone. Seriously, they were hella losers and it was not good vibes at all. Luckily, I managed to drift away and become my own person, absorbing some air around me. I was probs lacking in a few things like a specific form and some kind of main parent to take care of me, but that doesn't matter much.

After that, I was adopted by a rich elf family, and ever since then, I was like, super rich and hot! Literally, have you seen my dad? He totally has it going on, and it's same with my mom! They were pretty nice to me, so that was nice. I have an older step-brother, but he's like, a total douche, so I never talk to him unless I really need to. Seriously, my home and life is super aesthetic. If any wannabe rich kids want to know what my house looks like along with my room and want to post it as their own to flex onto others, hit me up later! Anywho, I'm pretty sure I just have a nice life.

Years pass and my dad is started to get disappointed in me. He said something like I was supposed to be valuable, but baby, I already am! He clearly doesn't get me, so he basically forced me to go to school. Like, as if! But then again, I have no other family, so I totally just comply with it. It's literally gonna be my first year, but like, I think I might like it there. Then again, I heard this thing called a 'prom' where we basically party until we puke in pretty dresses and suits. Honestly, that's a hella vibe so I'm super looking forward to that!

- Ice Cream
- Shopping
- Cotton Candy Frappes
- Beaches
- Sunsets
- Parties
- Spicy Food

Dislikes:
- Rock
- Bitter Flavors
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes (Seriously, who likes them anyways?)
- Cheap Stuff
- Control Freaks
- Talking to me about my 'Valley Girl' accent
- Chamomile Tea
- Fake B*tches!!!!

Extra:
- As a Cotton Candy person, my hair is totally edible. You could take chunks out of it and eat it. Keep in mind, I would totally hate it if y'all scalped me. I do regenerate it back, but it takes a few hours.
- Another thing, I have an OnlySweets account! I heard one of my internet besties was on it and I was like, 'I need to be in there!!!' So, there I am!!!!! I might post just some dumb content lol

Last edited:
Full Name: Evangelous Michiv (or just evan)
Sexuality: pansexual
Appearance:
1608349825026.png
1608349837413.png
1608349848289.png
(just remove the legs and add a 30 foot tail)
Monster Type: Gorgon
Personality: evan likes to act like a rough and tumble bad boy... short snappy and aggressive with the devil may care sorta attitude. and he can pull it off hella good.. people do just get out of the way when he shows up... you just don't mess with him less you wanna end up like a statue or as some rumor say get eaten... in truth... evan a big softy on the inside... that after hundreds of years kinda craves physical interactions.. thanks it being a gorgon though he can easily mask this craving behind the dizziness caused by cold weather common amongst snek people.

History: Evans been around a long time but to say he was living under a rock would basically be correct. The Gorgon was tasked by someone that he well.. he forgot who they where... but it was some sort of ring/armband. Living essential alone in some old temple for as centuries until the place got knocked down by realestate developers now basically out of any sort of home, for a while the Gorgon managed to get into sculpting job. One might ask what a gorgon would be doing at a school well the answer is odvious the guy was living under a rock after all

Likes: hugs, warmth, acting like a tough guy, enjoy eating live animals, also has an appreciation of statues and stonework, metals and gemstones (might take the if you're not looking)
Dislikes: the cold, people messing with his hair... when people touch the tip of his tail.
Extra:
.his tail is the strongest part of his body, capable of smashing a safe open and lifting up to 2 tons maximum when using his entier tail length.

.evan can turn people to stone with his stare when he wants too... the easiest cure to the petrification is an oil from a gland in his throat meaning a kiss or a lick will reverse the process... he sometimes "accidentally" petrifies people he likes.

.yes, he can see through his snake hair's eyes. and his mouth can open unnaturally wide.

.his venom is somewhat of a hallucinogenic and muscle relaxant
. He keeps the armband thing on him at all times often using it as a hair tie

Last edited:
Full Name: Bryakruull Versenchenne V’Kerrigenne
Nickname: Brya, Shorc
Sexuality: Lesbian
Appearance:
aTWxmdrDesXngrQcss94W9_MO5c9FnTTBTr0YWyd4n_pOZQUgxsVnLlMW89qpAossE5tYsbd4rL_kNXH63KRV9GKkWpG6DKWcwB15tWQGvcyRdtwfX_ieZpPLFcOghG2VD2W48jx

Monster Type: Royal Grey Shark. She comes from a long line of shark royals people royals, with dominion over a deep area of the Pacific. They are widely viewed as the leaders of all sharks, and even most animal sharks will obey her, but both of those factors are viewed somewhat unfavorably by other sea rulers. Simultaneously however, they are also viewed as too annoying to actually fight, and are generally affable and fairly peaceful. The V’Kerrigenne are ridiculously resilient to magic that seeks to affect or change them, and fairly resilient to outright combat magic, with both being supplemented by their ridiculous physicality. They aren’t exactly magic users themselves for the most part, but they can all practically fly underwater, and, more interestingly, are omnilingual, including animals.
Personality: Brya is, fundamentally, a giant buff jock, with ridiculous strength and resilience. She is outgoing and athletic, prone to rough-housing and ridiculous stunts. Her sheer presence and ability to lift a full bench of students, tends to make people a bit nervous around her. The secret is, she is also a marshmallow soft dork. It is in fact arguably a state secret, given her families general reputation, but she is a bit lax about it. If she likes being around you, she will steal bits of your food, and if she doesn’t like you she will steal a lot of your food, which can be somewhat confusing. She is also the kind of dumbass jock who will literally start doing pushups, situps or other random possible workouts in the middle of conversations. Lastly, its not actually common knowledge shes a princess, as she doesn’t really bring it up, but some people still know.
History: The short answer to her history, is basically just that she has always been like this, even as a tiny shark pup. According to royal rumor she caught and ate her first fish at a year old. Rumor aside, she has been athletic, energetic, and friendly from a very young age. Normally V’Kerrigenne royals never attend a normal school, instead being tutored privately in both normal subjects and military strategy, along with military combat training. Unbeknownst to basically everyone besides the school administrators, the only reason she is in the school is because she completed her full training a few years early, and wanted to go experience a normal school year. She transferred into the school at the start of the year, and was a mystery from the start. She’s a curiosity, the giant friendly ridiculously athletic shark girl.
Likes: Her favorite things are working out, food, and, secretly, pining for and crushing on pretty girls. She writes sappy poetry and everything, its the worst, but good luck ever seeing it.
Dislikes: Above all else she can’t stand sitting still, and going more than an hour or two without working out also bores her. She dislikes unearned confidence, and real arrogance, although if you can pull it off that changes. She hates mayo and ranch, but loves everything spicy.
Extra: She loves loud bassy energetic music, dancing, and basically anything high energy. Less officially she also loves sappy romance songs and reading dorky poetry, but that is a secret she guards Very Closely.

• 39b878c2beac3a3c5fbb6644b685c01a.jpg
    Name: ARA
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Monster Type: Kitsune

Last edited:
Full Name: Everest Carolingian
Nicknames: anything works; called Eve by his parents
Monster Type: Pureblood Vampire
Appearance:
20201218_212559.jpg

Personality: A charming and seductive Vampire, Everest is known to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Having lived for so long, Everest loves trying new things and staying entertained. And one thing that never fails to entertain him is getting people hot and bothered. Overly flirty by nature, Everest has no problem messing with people for amusing reactions or even a simple snack. Everest loves drama, so despite being a secretive species he likes to let someone's secrets slip into the open just to brew trouble.

History: Born to a pureblood mother and father centuries ago, Everest was raised with care and love, often watching his parents hunt from the tower of their first castles in the lush lands of Germany. The years passed, and Everest considered his life almost human, save for the lack of neighbors or public schooling.

Until he died.

A small oversight his parents forgot to tell him, what's that a pure blood did not receive their gifts until they died, where upon death the concentrated vampiric blood in their DNA would release and evolve them into the beautiful creatures that rule the night. On his 18th birthday Everest was thrown from the highest tower in his home by his father into the sprawling forest below. One brief stunt of unimaginable pain later, Everest's humanity was gone, replaced with the immortal life he lives to this day. The next countless centuries were a blur, doing many things to stay entertained throughout the ages. While his family were content with a boring lifestyle, Everest would never sit around stagnant. He and his family were even the direct rulers of Germany for a few hundred years, just to try it. All through the centuries Everest refined craft after craft, but found a love with art and its many forms. In the mountains where their main, massive castle resides, a whole hall is dedicated to the masterpieces painted through time. Showing them off brought him worldwide acclaim, but it was fashion that made him famous.

In the modern age Everest founded a designer brand simply named 'EVE', so popular and sought after, pieces sell out within seconds of release. Among the elite, even the smallest of pieces from his brand carry with it massive status symbols normal people dream of having. Everest sees it as more of a hobby than a profession, like one might play a sport in their spare time, or play piano for fun.

• Fashion
  • Flirting
  • Art
  • Entertainment
  • Messing with people
  • Being a pureblood
  • Blood
  • Sports
  • Dancing
  • Trying new things
  • Music
Dislikes:
  • Boredom
  • Boring people
  • Rules
  • Ugliness (in various forms)
  • Being stagnant
  • Bad handwriting
  • Chores
  • Goody-two-shoes
  • Normal food
Extra:
  • Everest doesn't have a heartbeat. He also doesn't need air, but breathes anyway as not to be off-putting.
  • Normal food has no effect on Everest, and is completely tasteless. He isn't fond of animal blood either, drinking human blood with the occasional non-human for variety.
  • Understandably, Everest will NEVER go near silver. He quite enjoys life, and is in no rush to end it.
  • Not a fan of boring work, Everest has no qualms about using his abilities to lure in someone, enthrall them, make them do his work and undo the thralling afterwards. It's hard not to take advantage of entrancing abilities.

Last edited:
Full Name: Alexander "Rexy" Hawthorne
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Appearance: Rexy, like the mechanical antagonists of a certain horror game that doesn't exist in-universe, is a robot housed within a bright green plush exterior resembling a T-rex, hence the nickname. He's got yellow eyes that glow in the dark, and a slightly unsettling rigid mouth full of large teeth. His internal frame, which is visible through gaps in the suit, is skeletal-looking with red eyes.
Being a celebrity, Rexy has access to lots of high-end clothing, but tries not to flaunt it, and is almost never seen without some kind of bow-tie.
Monster Type: Animatronic Robot
Personality:
History:
Rexy was built by a loving pair of robot parents who ran a humble yet fairly popular pizzeria in downtown Monstropolis, which he helped out at often as a prototype. He found a passion for acting at a pretty young age and did lots of theater performances, but only managed to break into the film industry six years ago.

Rexy landed a role as a minor character in the sequel to a popular horror movie about a group of high schoolers fending off attacking humans in a pizzeria after his parents' restaurant was scoped out as inspiration for the set. The movie was a huge hit, and Rexy's character was a fan favorite brought back as part of the main cast for the third and fourth additions to the franchise. He started getting roles in other movies too because of how popular his character was, and gradually rose to stardom. It was during the production of the fifth movie in the series that Rexy got injured pretty badly after the megalomaniac director tried to film with live humans, which resulted in production getting stalled and eventually cancelled entirely.

During recovery, Rexy started to realize he was slowly losing passion for his work, and his therapist recommended a break from acting. So Rexy moved back into his hometown and started attending public high school again like a regular young adult, trying to figure out who he was outside of the spotlight.
  • Cooking
  • Travelling
  • Originality
  • Going out at night
  • Retro games
Dislikes:
  • Drawing attention
  • Clubbing
  • Shippers
  • Getting wet
  • Show-offs
Extra:

JASPER LAPIDARIUS

FULL NAME: Jasper Lapidarius
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
APPEARANCE: Flip Jacinth’s photo, slap a filter on it and bam, you got Jasper. She stands at a height of 5'9" in a toned body painstakingly built for rapid aerial manoeuvres.

(Mind not the badly photoshopped wings.)​

MONSTER TYPE: Winged Person (That’s right. Jasper believes she's a person + wings.)

PERSONALITY:
Snarky, thrill-seeking, and a bit of a good-natured prankster, Jasper has the ability, though maybe not the brain, to get herself into sticky situations without getting out of them. Believing herself to be the smarter and wiser of the two siblings — though there’s been no actual evidence to back it up — she calls the shots and does the pesky chore of covering up for their misadventures and well-meaning blunders. If her sister is out making a mess somewhere, it’s certain that Jasper is not far behind.

Alone, it’s all too easy to fall into a spiral of self-reproach, so Jasper does her best to linger around the crowd and her sister to keep her thoughts away from the mire. But even with her penchant for surrounding herself in her fellow monsters, she sprints down a one-way path of friendship, much to the irritation of everyone around her. She throws herself into bettering others’ lives but never reveals too much about her own, blocking all non-superficial inquiries and offers of after school recreation with a line of “I’m too busy training for competitions” or “my sister needs me”.

HISTORY:
As the oldest twin, Jasper knew she would have to take up the responsibility for keeping her flighty sister out of trouble after she realized Jacinth’s own sense of danger was nonexistent. So while they were both zealous adrenaline-chasers, she was the first to say a word of caution, the first to put a damper on their fun for safety’s sake, and the first to decide that they had gone too far to come out unharmed. Her careful actions led to training her way through aerial stunts instead of simply going at it like her reckless sister, and that in turn, led to her being introduced to competitive flying. It was a whole new world of organized aerobatics, and she loved it.

The sisters both started out entering competitions in the freestyle flight category, but after a while, two became one and Jasper continued with only herself as a companion. Her sister found that her motivation to work at the shiny medals had dropped, and persisted exclusively with the competitive exercises for fun. Jasper was disappointed that her sister had quit the scene — Jacinth had a natural aptitude for aerobatics — but it only made her work ever harder, putting double the effort for the both of them.

Life pressed on and Jasper went on to win more and more competitions, her sister cheering her on by the sidelines. The day after the Junior World Championships, a storm to end all storms engulfed the skies. Sheets of heavy rain blurred their view as Jacinth chose, stupidly, to do a silly little stunt in her excitement. Jasper did her best to dissuade her but it was for naught, as her sister flew up, up, up and — crack — fell down, down, down.

The forest that ended her dive was gnarled and ancient, all scraggly branches and twisting roots. Crashing through the trees and digging anywhere she saw a flash of skin, Jasper searched for hours, but her sister’s body was never found. Somehow, crying so hard she couldn’t see the way forward, she managed to get home and inform her parents about Jacinth’s probable death through broken sentences and lung-wracking sobs. That night, the family turned into a mass weeping fest until Jacinth’s ghost appeared at their door, mind intact if not a little confused.

After hours of explanations, figuring things out and a few days of getting used to ghost-Jacinth, their household went on with their day to day business. Her sister was still the same fun-addict, and she was still the same joy-fanatic — something unlikely to change anytime soon. Jasper wouldn’t let it.

LIKES: Training for competitions, meddling in situations where she probably shouldn’t be, playing tricks on others, freestyle flying, free food

DISLIKES: Lighting storms, dark forests, loud noises in the middle of the night, people who try to reach too deep into her life

Last edited:
197a4dbc9d6e473a987b8a642fbf162c.png

5734d912178c52d7dd588ef6f2357f05.jpg

FULL NAME || Jacinth "Jacey" Lapidarius

AGE || Technically 21; Died at 18

GENDER || Female

SEXUALITY || Bisexual

APPEARANCE || 5'9 with a lithe but toned body, Jacinth's body barely aged since she had died. Likely one of the most developed muscles she has is her back and wing muscles due to her continuous usage of them and her attempts to keep up with Jasper. Her wings are snow white like her sister's - long and powerful though, in her current state, it's a bit non-functional but she truly believes that using her wings even in her ghost form is the one that aids her to gain more speed. No matter which clothing she decides to put on, she has athletic goggles around her neck even though she has no need for them. Jacinth constantly resents the fact that, after her death, she doesn't look like her sister anymore when they used to be easily mistaken for one another.

MONSTER TYPE || Ghost winged human [nothing wrong with that definitely, not like she had amnesia psh]

PERSONALITY || Fun-loving, mischievous and a bit airheaded at times, Jacinth has a tendency to get herself in and out of trouble no matter the occasion. It’s like she never grew up from when she had died, keeping to her childish misdemeanors. Compared to her sister, she is a lot more loose and happy-go-lucky. Perhaps it is because of her ghostly nature that she’s lost interest in thinking about consequences. She finds joy in almost everything — and as she constantly says — she might as well enjoy the time she has left until she passes on. She doesn’t seem all that worried about the conditions of moving on to the afterlife, preferring to stay and annoy her sister and be an overall inconvenience to everyone.

She keeps people at wing’s length, never getting too close to anyone that isn’t her sister. She's good at dodging questions and turning the conversation back to the other party or simply leaving once the conversation dips into territory she's uncomfortable speaking about. Though, in the end, she’s willing to do a lot of things for the sake of interest and fun so she typically ends back interacting with the same people again. She’s a bit nosy and will try to worm her way into people’s business and maybe even help even if it’s not wanted. She’s whimsical and unpredictable — but hey, that’s exactly how life is right?

HISTORY || Born as the younger of the twins, Jacinth had understandably been the more easygoing of the two. She and her twin got along well, constantly supporting each other. Their parents were kind and had high hopes for their future. She couldn’t say that she ever had a bad life. A lot of things were handed to them as long as they worked hard enough for it. Though, growing older, she found that her sister had more goals than her.

Eyes set on flying competitions, her sister worked tirelessly to participate in them. With both natural talent and a great drive, she had eventually managed to get her positions — and eventually, her wins. Jacinth had gone along at first; after all, flying was fun! But when things got a bit harder, she found herself at an impasse. While she wanted to continue being with her sister, she found no motivation to continue. So, Jacinth dropped out of the competitions and just joined her sister in leisure practices.

One day, Jacinth and her sister were flying back home in a thunderstorm. It wasn’t anything peculiar, they’ve done it many times before. Thanks to some charms, they prevented their wings from getting too wet and heavy for them to fly on. Throwing caution to the wind, she decided to have a bit of fun — flying upwards in the storm against the warnings of her sister. The crack of lightning and her body fell into the thick forest below, never to be found again.

Oddly enough, she had opened her eyes at the edge of the forest. Confused and dazed, she flew back to her house only to see her sister there, crying. After talks and explanations, it had been concluded that she had just become a ghost. A little inconvenient but her family was just glad that she hadn’t completely disappeared from their lives yet. And so she remained with her sister while searching for a way to move on — not that she’s too concerned about it.

LIKES || Fun, Flying, Possession, Aerial Competitions, Messing around with others, Singing

DISLIKES || Boredom, Intangibility, Commitment, Lightning

EXTRA || Because of her intangibility, Jacinth mostly gets around by using her telekinesis to be able to do her work, or through possession of inanimate (or dead) objects and move through their bodies. She speculates being able to possess living beings but has not had the yearning to try it.

Full Name: Priscilla Leonora "Priss" "Prissy"

Sexuality: Heterosexual- for now that is.

Appearance:
31ba12827bd28bf73edd099ff0ac4bc4.jpg
863c6d439411f8a7f79b4069b71aaa84.jpg
6112c86ca458a77a95217670d9e16c4b.jpg

*Priscilla's skin is a light pink colour, with dark, dusty rose coloured hair that matches her fluffy mane which covers most of her chest and upper back as well as shoulders. Her arms are separate from her wings with long black nails. Her mane fluffs up when she is embarassed, scared, or angry.

Monster Type: Bat Folk / Desmodus

Personality: Priscilla is a soft, tender little cinnamon roll that wants to be everybody’s friend and will hide in her fluffy mane and scuttle away if you yell at her. Empathetic and kind, she is very concerned about others and is a natural nurturer- which is nice if you covet selflessness, but is also harmful in that she is often worried about what others think of her. Because of this, Priscilla is a little self conscious and tends to stick to a straight laced, good girl persona with occasional outbursts when her bottled up feelings escape. She is very intelligent and studious and despises the idea of letting her teachers down. She can be shy and demure at first, but inside her beats a secret, fiery, competitive heart of a woman that knows what she wants and desperately wants to claim it. Priscilla is endlessly at odds with this internal dialog, and is trying her best to become more confident and assertive in her own flailing baby deer way. On that note, Priscilla is clumsy- she is often lost in thought can easily stumble around and get lost, not to mention misplace her things.

History: A long, long time ago, so long ago now that fact and fiction are most definitely intertwined, there lived a vampire. He was a debonair, recklessly handsome man that stole the heart of a young but talented witch. It was a lustful, intense courtship that transformed them forever. And not figuratively- our sauve vampire was a little too lustful and enjoyed the company of one too many succubi for the witch to tolerate. In a rage that shook the realm, she cursed her blood sucking lover to take another form. She would trap him in his diminutive bat form and toy with him until he learned the foulness of his ways.

But she was young, and had little mastery over her own power. Instead of a tiny bat flapping around helplessly, she had turned her love into a strange, downright scary humanoid bat creature that towered over her. What’s more she had no idea how to lift the curse, and no matter what she or any other being attempted, it could not be reversed. Her lover was at first livid, horrified by her wrath but also devastated by each failed attempt at rectification. He fell into a deep depression, and so too did she, eaten alive by guilt and driven to madness as she desperately sought a cure. In their shared sorrow and suffering, they clung to each other like sailors drowning in a stormy sea. At last, after what seemed an endless gauntlet, every far flung option exhausted, it dawned on the witch, now lined with age and weariness.

If she could not free him, she would curse herself too, to be a beast just like him. With one more earth shaking gesture, the deed was done, and thus began the race of Desmodus, more commonly known as Bat Folk. As generations lived and bred and died, just like all mighty people, life became less primitive and feral. Less swooping in and devouring villagers, more cell phone plans and family board game night. Throughout the years though, the Bat Folk have still maintained very rigid, conservative beliefs and gender roles. The tale of the first Desmodus is still a staple, its main moral drilled into children: Women are emotional, emotions cause destruction, and therefore women should be docile, submissive, and know their place.

Priscilla is an only child to two strict parents, and grew up learning these same lessons. Don’t talk too loud, don’t be bossy, attend to your duties, always look your very best and listen to your elders. Do what you’re told, maintain your studies, and above all, be a good girl. And so, she was and still is a precious, well mannered, subservient good girl. However, unbeknownst to everyone around her, a giggly, fiery, dreamy eyed girl is bursting at the seams- dying to escape and be wild and free. Dying to sing and dance, make friends, find love- and maybe she finally would at Spooky High School. Her parents were extremely wary, what with all the ghastly diversity and mixed-sex education, but Spooky High School has an excellent academic and athletic record, not to mention prestigious alumni. Priscilla couldn’t care less, she would finally be escaping Desmodus all girls schools and could not be happier or more excited. It’s just high school, what could possibly go wrong?

♡ Romantic novels and movies- don’t tell anyone, it’s embarrassing!
♡ Cooking and baking. Are you hungry? I’ll fix you something, you sit and relax!
♡ Dancing! I love pop music and generally any happy bop.
♡ Beauty~ makeup, nail polish, skincare, haircare.
♡ Like, hello! My phone! How else is one to keep up with Cosmo Monster Girl’s hottest new trends?
♡ GOSSIP GIIIIIRL. I can pick up just about anything with these ears. Good girls can be bad secretly, right? I heard Stacey tell Erin that she is thinking of getting asymmetrical bangs. Can you imagine?!
♡ All bats love fruit. It could be a kryptonite in the wrong hands, especially a delicious mango.

Dislikes:

✖ People who get in my personal space- it’s extremely uncouth.
✖ Breaking the rules! I mean… what do people even see in it? Being all free, and having fun… I-it’s horrible!
✖ Sudden loud noises. I have sensitive hearing- don’t yell at me!
✖ Gym class. I wish I was more athletic and coordinated- I feel like I let everyone down.

Extra: u/c

Last edited:
WIP

Full Name: Hunter Knight
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Hunter sports a tall and lean figure, with thin gray-brown fur covering his prominently wolfish face and body. He's also got claws, fangs, and a fluffy tail. Hunter's arachnid heritage manifests in a spindly second pair of arms beneath his primary ones, but he also has four yellow compound eyes surrounding his also yellow main pair of eyes, and a pair of mandibles jutting from his jawline.
Hunter has several piercings in both ears, but usually only dresses a couple at a time. He favors tank-tops that feature various bands.
Monster Type: Werewolf/Spider
Personality:
History:

Full Name: Jay Wright
Sexuality: Lesbian
Appearance: Her appearance is somewhat uncanny. To a passing glance, or even a light inspection she looks fairly normal. Medium tall, white haired, pale, neutral features. She tends to give off a somewhat threatening, delinquent impression, but she looks almost human, oddly enough. It’s only when you already know what she looks like, or manage to look around the natural glamour that you can see her actual face. Her hair, while long and sinfully soft, doesn’t really behave quite like hair. Instead it behaves like a combination of crystal, antenna, and tentacles. She usually keeps it down, or under a hoodie, but its a sight to be seen when it isn’t. Her eyes, if you look properly, are empty voids, sheer damn-near vantablack orbs. Her skin too isn’t really quite skin. It has a porcelain perfection, but is far more durable. Perhaps the most odd note of all is the way her skin is marked. It is least severe on her face, but even there there are strange ripples going up her neck, and in softer patterns on her face. These markings cover most of her body under her clothes, although most wouldn’t know what they mean.
For clothes, she is an unsubtle creature, the classic delinquent. She only has a few mix and matched outfits, that largely feature jeans and leather. She is almost never without a leather jacket, and often has a beanie on. The last things worth noting are a few subtle points. Specifically the ones in her mouth and on her hands. She has a set of wickedly sharp claws, each bearing a potent venom. She also has a pair of snake’s fangs in her mouth, and no other teeth or human jaw structure, although she does have a long, prehensile tongue.
Monster Type: She is a Mara, a little known, little discussed, and very rare breed. The rumors, myths and legends vary wildly about what the Mara actually are, so here is what Bea is. Bea is the seventh child of a seventh child of a seventh child. The first seventh child has a deeper connection to dreams and magic, the second is invariably a powerful magic user, but the third, the third is where it goes a step too deep into dreams. The child there born has gone into dream and back out, a creature of dreamstuff. They are psychic vampires, natural predators of all who dream. They walk in the dreams of others and drink away little pieces of emotion. For true satiation they seek nightmares, which they can consume wholesale, and from which they get their name. Even in reality they are walking dreams, and they both draw in and affect the emotions of those around them inadvertently. They can also send others to sleep and to dream. These last two factors are an additional part of why they are so incredibly rare. Their inhuman nature means that their mothers never bond with them naturally, and as they develop they tend to cause nightmares and freakish dreams around them in a wide radius. Commonly they are killed before they reach adulthood. It is worth noting that due to their dreamlike nature, they can interact with things outside of the physical world directly, as they exist on more than one level.
Personality: Jay is a true delinquent, and she came by it honestly. She’s very literally a punk, who rides to school on a motorcycle and in a leather jacket with no helmet. She is a loner, who doesn’t really have many friends. Her primary interaction with the student body is various remarks from a distance and in passing. She would spend break periods smoking or similar, but it doesn’t actually affect her, so since she can’t eat anyway she spends the time practicing knife tricks. She is deceptively studious though. She isn’t exactly happy to be here, and isn’t good at talking to people, but she wants to get her education. Most don’t assume it because she tends to snark and goof off in classes, but she is usually paying attention anyway, and gets top marks. Lastly, and very secretly, she can be a bit of a sweetheart, but almost never in a way anyone can easily trace back to her. Even when she does openly help people she tends to be snarky and standoffish about it.
History: The starting point of her life was no better than most Mara, and indeed a fair bit worse. She was born in a superstitious little cult, and things went downhill fast. The only piece of luck she got was that her mother never had to raise her, and she was instead raised communally, which gave her time. The cult began to get worried about the weird dreams and nightmares and other odd occurrences, but her natural Mara disguise held for a while. That isn’t to say that things went well, but she survived. It was only quite a bit later when she was around seven that things began to go wrong. She was picked out and picked on as the weird one out. However it was only when she was eleven that things got bad. Somebody managed to look around her natural glamour for the first time, and she was declared a demon. For the next two years they tried to “purify” her. It was only on her thirteenth birthday when they gave up. Their innovative solution to the problem of her existence was to burn her at the stake. They very nearly succeeded as well, but her natural Mara survival instincts kicked in and managed to use all the raised emotion of the crowd as fuel to empower her young body enough to escape.

She ran and kept running until she hit a big city where she disappeared into the streets. She got by mostly by luck of species. She didn’t need food or water or even a safe place to sleep temperature wise, she just needed to be surrounded by people and their dreams and nightmares. She stole clothes and hid herself away whenever people tried to catch her. The cult never followed her. She quickly fell face-first into the criminal underworld. Initially she wound up in drug circles due to her nature, and the nature of how she fed, benefited by her immunity to most drugs. This went, badly, to say the least. An enterprising alchemist figured out what she was, and tried to imprison her to use her for the materials her body could provide. She wasn’t even fourteen yet, but she had to kill him. Luckily for her, he knew about the alchemical uses of a Mara, but not how resilient they actually were.

After that she had a very different reputation, and, briefly, enemies in the form of a local branch of a vampire mafia that employed the alchemist. She had a bit of rare luck here, in an odd way. Because of how the alchemist died, they sent their top muscle, an older vampire. That vampire recognized what species she was, figured out what likely happened, and took a shine to her. With that and her being a type of vampire technically, she was “hired”. Work off her debt as muscle for them, and all would be forgiven. By the time she was fourteen she was doing jobs. She was young yes, but the criminal organization didn’t especially care, and she was already stronger and more resilient than most near-human races. She was good at it too, and quickly became a trusted underling of the vampire who had first given her a chance. A few years later, that vampire started pushing her to actually make use of her debt being soon-gone.

She considered it, but it didn’t really go anywhere until a particular job. She was sent to collect a debt from another alchemist. This one didn’t recognize her, but was curious, and on a whim she indulged that curiosity. She was curious about herself honestly, sure old knowledgeable types recognized her kind here and there, but she didn’t really know that much about how she actually worked. They began working together as she finished paying off her debt, and later as she began to actually go back to school. By age nineteen they had been working together for a while, and she had a full elementary school education. By age twenty her debt was fully paid off, and the Trip series of drugs had been developed, which gave her and that alchemist enough money to actually stably go their own way. They got themselves a little house on the outskirts of the city, and she got herself a motorcycle that could get them both places, while he spent most of his share on more experimental materials. She would have been content finishing her education via tutors and reading, but her old mentor insisted she should actually go to school for the last year, for the experience and for the more official diploma. So she did, and now here she is.
Likes: She likes cold weather because she can actually feel the chill, whereas warm weather doesn’t really affect her. She loves strongly emotional people and dreamers. More than anything else in her life right now she loves her motorbike and pushing it to it’s very limits.
Dislikes: She hates fire, and can’t stand it’s presence. She can’t stand being constricted or forced to stay still for very long. She dislikes socializing on a general level, although not fully consistently.
Extra: She didn’t actually ask before borrowing her friends name, instead when she was getting a government recognized identity together she just yoinked his name, as she didn’t have a last name of her own anymore.
There are several different drugs that can be derived from her directly. The first three are called Bad Trip, Good Trip, and Wild Trip. Bad trip isn’t a fun drug, its a drug you do on a dare, or because you really like horror movies. It induces nightmares, with severity and length mostly depending on how long you can last and dose. It is derived from the venom in her claws. Good Trip is the reverse, bringing a sweet, kind dream, with the length being mostly dependent on whether you were actually asleep when it hit or not, and whether you wake up. This drug is derived from the venom in her fangs. Wild trip is the strange middle ground, inducing wild stormy dreaming, usually semi-lucid. Length and strength is almost entirely based on dosage, with waking up naturally being very difficult without major outside stimulus. This drug is derived from her blood.

The second to last one is slightly harder to get, and a bit odd. Sold mostly as a sleep-aid, its a slightly odd thing for her drug dealing friend to offer. It’s very effective though, small doses inducing deep, dreamless sleep very fast. This is one they only developed recently, and it isn’t actually directly made from her, instead her hair treats a neutral magi-chemical compound to impart it’s effects upon it. Normally her hair doesn’t induce sleep unless she is trying, and her presence means it is never dreamless, but without her presence it functions differently.

The last drug is very rare, along with being highly priced, and their strongest seller. There are a few high-end business types who are so interested in it’s effects that they don’t mind the shadiness of it’s source, and have standing orders for it whenever it is produced. It is called Balm, and it induces genuine peace of mind and calm for decently long periods, bringing the calmness and warmth of a wonderful dream into the real world. It is incredibly powerful, and even with small doses lasts for a bit and works reliably. It is derived from her tears.

Lastly, all of these drugs have a secondary benefit, in that they are impossible to build up a resistance to, as their effects aren’t particularly biological. Magical resistance would have more effect, but even then deliberate ingestion largely defangs that issue, and Mara are very, very good at what they do.

Full Name: Sandra Aniery
Sexuality: pansexual
Appearance:
1608768570289.jpeg

(she is about 9 is feet tall overall)
Monster Type: arachine
Personality: Sandra's personality is somewhat contradictory while she sometimes acts in a fairly dismissive and uncaring way she is actually friendly but just really bad at showing it by facial expressions or tone of voice. Leading to her being kinda confusing and contradictory. though she tries her best to be friendly she can often come off as straight-up creepy and uncomfortable especially with how close she tends to get to others

History: thier isn't overall that much interesting to say about sandra's life no real cool things like dying embarrassingly.. becoming a ghost or thousands of years of cool stuff, just a very socially awkward arachine. to be fair it was less how socially awkward she was and more she had a hard time conveying her feeling in a non-creepy way having been transferred form seven previous school after freaking out most of the staff spooky high is her last chance...

Likes: clothing, handing upside down, the dark, small talk, coffee
Dislikes: Loud noises, too much light, doorways.

Last edited:
Full Name: Enoch Wright

Sexuality: "Don't ask questions when you don't care about the answer"

Appearance:

d5zru7c-d3d2d30f-7b0e-4d41-b159-a014958ee171.png

SPOILER_7vqt51dadfj51.png

Monster Type: Blighted Revenant

Personality: Destructive, depressed, and incredibly bitter, Enoch is as detached from a pleasant person as one can possibly get. His long years of hardships have left a very intense mark on him, and he struggles to cope with the incessant night terrors and panic attacks. To those around him at school, he's beyond the usual edgelord-he's an earnestly terrifying figure with a hair trigger, to be approached only should they require his...expertise. To top off this absolutely hideous abomination, he is incredibly envious. Perhaps for the life he lost, or perhaps for the life he is denied.

History: Enoch was once alive, of that he is certain. Yet he cannot seem to remember any of it. His first memory is a feeling of nauseating, disgusting unlife, as he was revived by one of the Pestilent mages to serve in the armies of the Lord of Contagion, a terrifying, demonic creature that wished to devour the heavens. He seemed to posess great skill in alchemy and medicine, perhaps vestiges of his past life. Thus, he was assigned to serve as a Plague Surgeon, restoring and reviving his allies in this eternal war.

And he did. Although he only was in this army out of obligation and not desire, he tried his damndest to do his job at the best of his ability. Yet the war was unending. The legions of heaven were beyond number. The legions of Pestilence were beyond death. This was a war of attrition, and neither side was going to back down. For hundreds of years he fought and served, suffering numerous deaths. Yet he could not be killed. He always came back to life, be it at the hands of a mage, another plague surgeon, or malign miracle. This eternal war began taking an increasing toll on his already frayed mind, and his sanity began slipping away.

However, as go most stories, eventually the villain was defeated. A brave group of heroes carved their way behind their lines, butchered all in the Lord's inner sanctum, and put down the demon himself as well. Without his powerful magic, the armies were overrun within the week. All creation was saved! Enoch rejoiced too, for he believed that to have been the end of his service.

But that was not to be. The survivors were rounded up, and given to the angels of vengeance to be tormented for their sins. Enoch, being a lowly surgeon, was given a relatively kind deal-only seven decades of pure, unrestrained torment at the hands of those who served the light. To make it worse, they weaved spells into his mind using their gifts. They ensured he could and would always vividly recall his torment, in excruciating detail. They said he deserved it, for he had brought so much harm on others.

Enoch endured, not out of a desire or determination to survive but because of the sheer power infused into his curse. Yet his troubles were not over. Upon his release, he was instead handed over to the more mundane judicial system, which decreed that Enoch needed to be rehabilitated, and that included going to school. Of all fucking places. So now here he is, watching everyone run carefree, without a concern in the world, beautiful, happy, and perfect, while he can barely get any sleep at night and continuously needs to worry about maintaining his appearance. The only solace he could get was from his roommate, a puzzling, unknown entity, who provides him with the materials he requires to maintain their comfortable lifestyle and tries her best to help him rest, though with varying degrees of success.

Fueled by his bitterness and envy, a plan is starting to take form. A scheme to put all of them in their place.

Intelligence
Alchemy
Watching people's plans be ruined
experimentation

Dislikes:
Most people
Stupidity
Public displays of affection
The school

Extra: Enoch has connections with all sorts of vicious people, as he is infamous for his unique concoctions.

Full Name: Adam Frankenstein

Age: Created 5 years ago, although he takes on the appearance, mind and mannerisms of a 20 year old.

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: 5d0ecbba1f88ab2e31de1cd3f7517de0.jpg

Monster Type:
Homonculus/Frankenstein Monster

Personality: Adam is...a bit of a strange case. He's outgoing and excitable when in the right circumstances, but generally he can come off as a bit stand-offish and reclusive. He also has the tendency to act quite dorky, a farcry from his lumbering, intimidating appearance. He gets that from his father, a scientist by the name of Victor. Adam is quite scientifically minded, finding subjects like biology, chemistry and the like quite fascinating. As a result, he is quite interested in science fiction, and its unpopular cousin fantasy. Whenever he's not attempting to say hi to humans his own age while wondering why they're running away screaming from him, he can usually be seen in the library, picking out books to expand his scientific horizons, or playing D&D with the school's RPG club. Also, he's a total theater geek. It's a hobby though, he swears (no it isn't).

History: Brought to life five years prior by biologist Victor Frankenstein, Adam is a homonculus made up of different exhumed and reanimated body parts created with one purpose in mind. To be the son Victor could never have. And for the most part, things have worked out. Despite a few early hiccups (Adam didn't mean to strangle his dad, he promises), Adam and Victor actually get along quite well despite what other sources may lead you to believe. While learning the ins and outs of how his body works (as well as learning how to speak and read), Adam served as Victor's lab assistant, later being trusted to perform experiences of his own. Like one where he learned that fire hurts, hence the bandages on his right arm. Despite only existing for half a decade, Victor observed that Adam has taken on the thoughts, attitude and mannerisms of a young adult, someone in their twenties to be precise. The only trouble now would be finding his son an education. Of course, he tried public school...but that worked out about as well as you'd expect. Adam to this day still doesn't fully understand why the other students seemed too terrified to even speak to him. Like it or not, Adam wasd a monster, and Victor knew this. He could always home school him...but Adam needed to be free to find his own path in life...to be among his own kind...his own kind....then it hit him. Spooky High School. Just like that, Adam was among his own kind, with fellow students who like him, weren't quite what you'd call human. With Monster Prom just over the horizon, Adam will have to make friends fast if he wants any chance of finding a date. It shouldn't be a problem for him, though. After all, he is young and unafraid...and ready to start!

• Dungeons and Dragons
  • Bill Nye the Science Guy (Tell no one)
  • Electricity
  • Nikola Tesla
  • Theater
  • Ska Music
Dislikes:
  • Fire
  • Farming Equipment (Pitchforks)
  • Thomas Edison
  • Poppy Musicals

Full Name: Lilly McPaddleburg
Sexuality: BI
Appearance: 1610557706196.pngMonster Type: Dragon Plant Monster
Personality:

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to Lilly McPaddleburg, but perhaps most important is that she's excited and incorruptible. Of course, she's also daring, rational, and generous, but these are in a way balance by being devious as well.
Her excitement though is what she's most popular for. Friends usually count on this and her reliability when they're in need of support.

History: She grew up in a forset with her parents who were dragons she grew up not spoiled but pretty protected till her parents signed her up for school she so was super excited since she lived in a cave all her life but she was pretty smart since she snuck out sometimes ( this is bad but it kind of reminded me of the croods for some reason so I did that where she was stuck in a cave but snuck out at night)
Likes: Sun-Bathing, Vegan Meals, Ducks, Slushies, and Water
Dislikes: Meat Eaters, Annoying people, Spiders, being touched, and Fire
Extra: She likes pop music and sometimes her dragon side comes out and she growls at people

Last edited:
Andrea Nestrozone Ferris
51708304_289365911743962_1075893611205230592_n.jpg
Appearance:
poker_face_by_imperialnyx_dczxvku-fullview.jpg
Monster Type: Chaos Demon

Personality: Ferris' persona doesn't line up with what folks would assume of a chaos demon at all. She's far too business-minded and with a mature tone of voice that one would consider more fitting for a CEO or rich executive. This makes her particular breed of chaos far more jarring, as Ferris applies a certain touch of formality to her actions in spite of their random or otherwise nature. Don't let the lack of exuberance or mania fool you, Ferris is determined to do away with such peculiarities such as sense or consistency. This often winds up making consecutive interactions with her rather difficult to manage, as she endeavors to switch up viewpoints, interests and sensibilities on the fly.

History: Once upon a time there was a very average young woman, who had both family and friends encouraging her to find what made her special amongst them. All of her kin had an aspect of themselves that granted them power and fulfillment beyond the norm, and she would be just the same. She was already a studious individual with a passion for success that she knew she couldn't realistically achieve without the boon of her aspect. But when this studious youth discovered that such an aspect was the exact opposite of the strict guidelines she'd relied on through life, many of her peers assumed she would be threatened. Instead, she rolled with the blows, foresaking years of reasoning and understanding in order to embrace the aspect of chaos in its entirety. Yet even still, she found herself continuing her schooling in spite of it all. What someone who's submitted to the machinations of Chaos could gain from continuing their education is anyone's best guess.

Dislikes: Everything she Likes
Extra: Certified Gambler
Theme:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back