• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Be Your Worst Self: Monster Prom RP ☠ ❤ Open & Accepting

TIMESKIP imminent! When should we jump to?

• Lunch time

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next Day (AM)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ghoulina

That one onion that is rooting for you
mp top2.png
"Ah... Spooky High School... the sweetest years of our lives.

Back then we were young and unafraid...

Sometimes reckless, sometimes brilliant, sometimes just stupid; but always willing to live life to the fullest.

We were on a wild journey to discover who we really were."

Managed by Ghoulina Ghoulina and SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

We begin our adventure on another regular school day with Prom season approaching. At many schools, students would be dutifully entering the building in a safe and courteous manner, filing into class or catching up with their friends before studies. In this school though, there are explosions, a wealth of alcohol, corpses, portals, and that one weird blob thing in the chem lab that disintegrates whatever you put into it. Are there rules here? Do the student even go to class? Probably not.

Last edited:
I return at the beginning of what they call the "week" to continue observing these stupid creatures bumbling around with each other. I continue to study their strange mating rituals and social altercations in this "educational institution" they continue to be trapped in. I do not pretend to understand the intricacies of this place, as they often do not make sense. I have seen a strange horned marsupial creature impale his fellow classmate, and then they return to normal as if nothing has occurred. There multiple explosions each day, yet the school still stands. My brethren, I have even seen other interdimensional beings attending this so called Spooky High School, though their age must be insurmountable, beyond even our imagining.

Please, tell my sweet sweet alien wife Glorgangook that I love her dearly, and I will soon be within her hundreds of tentacles again.

ufo.png haha bye earth losers lolol

Last edited:
prissy.jpg
Another beautiful, gorgeous day at Spooky High. The year so far had been... trying. Priscilla had started the year off confident that she would break out of her shell and become the super cool bat girl she knew she could be- but it turns out that self development is actually kinda hard. In movies, it seemed really simple- maybe a quick makeover, impassioned pep talk or upbeat musical number normally worked. Why weren't montages a real thing? And what about being able to effortlessly comb your hair with a fork?! However, none of this would defeat her! She had perfectly fluffed her mane, her makeup was near flawless and she had finished her extra credit assignment: Air People: Why Throwing Water at the Sky Won't Work. It was a brand new day, and with a whole lot of positivity, good vibes and- OH GOD NO!

"W-where's my phone?! This is like the 12th time in the past few weeks! WHAT is wrong with me?!"

She hissed at herself, tearing through her bag. Priscilla was dutifully stowing her belongings in her pristine, well appointed locker complete with glitter stickers, sparkle edition Monster Hotties of the Year calendar and mini collection of candy scented perfumes- you know, just in case. In a huff she hung her schoolbag on it's hook and turned to glare at herself in the small, heart shaped mirror pasted to the inside of the door.

"You. You need to smarten up!"

She pointed at herself sharply, a sinister look in her eyes. Priscilla was good at lots of things, penmanship, back rubs, painting her nails without smudging- but keeping track of her belongings was not one of these things. The most common lost items in her seemingly endless list were lip gloss, keys, jackets, her lunch, and of course her phone. By the grace of her luck and large bat ears, she had recovered her phone nearly every time it was lost. She had trained herself to use her echolocation to find her phone- among other things, and would now rely on the same method. After quietly closing her locker, she leaned against it's cool metal door and listened as other students passed by, her mouth just slightly open to emit sonic frequencies. Her precious phone, provider of the hottest celebrity gossip, new beauty trends and of course salacious texts about her crushes was outfitted to help her find it. It was in an obnoxious 3D plastic glittery pineapple phone case, the kind of thing a small child might pick out that she used due to necessity.

Annnnd maybe she liked it.

Maaaaaybe she even had it custom made.

Aaaaaand she would be totally devastated if it was gone forever, no big deal.

Last edited:
EE_MAE.jpeg

Yan Xi

Ah yes, school. Yan Xi had missed out on a lot of things High School had to offer but now she has a chance to do it again, albeit rather differently than she used to. Being a former human going to a good old-fashioned human school for years and years, this was quite the leap of scene that she took but she adjusted rather well. She'd been dead and reanimated after all, so a monster school wasn't that surprising. "What a great day to be reanimated!"

The undead student had merely just got out of the janitor's closet, where she keeps all her clothes and is now nicely dressed for the day. She had a good wake up earlier, the infirmary beds were always so nice to get a good day's sleep. And the best part, living breakfast in the cafeteria. Ah but the were some things that she needed first, a few books and a pen for her odd classes.

She pulled up her phone, a webbed crack over the screen that anyone would find it a miracle that the phone was still usable. She was quick to tap Screamify to play one of her favorite tunes. Suddenly each step that Yan Xi took matched the beat of the song, her hips slightly sways to the engaging music. "ARA ARA~ A Ridiculous Amount of love, I pink you! Doki! Doki! DESU~!" She sings in a whisper but still loud enough for whoever was within her radius to hear with her tone-deaf singing.

Even amid her ear torture, Yan Xi was able to notice something absurdly eyecatching falling to the floor. Without a moment's hesitation, she picked it up with an eagerness to return it to its owner but when she got up, whoever dropped it wasn't there. Fortunately for this life force eating zombie, she had caught a glimpse of the owner. She tipped her head to the side, taking a good look at the phone. Anyone's attention would be taken by how glittery the plastic case was but what made the undead smile was its shape. "Cute." The sight of pineapple made her smirk, it was easily one of her favorite fruits and she even liked it on pizza.

She was still listening to ARA's P!nk Heartbeat with enthusiasm when she saw a familiar set of wings and ears with a seemingly fluffy bob cut. Yan Xi smiled as she saw Priscilla fumbling with her bag before leaning to her locker in what looks like giving up in looking for her phone in Yan's eyes. "Hi!" The zombie said with a smile with her doe-eyes and a small wave, the pineapple cased phone held by her other hand. "I think this is yours, cute phone by the way."

mention: . D O V E . D O V E || interaction: Ghoulina Ghoulina

Blursed Judas Icarus.png
Is it bad to come to school drunk? Or would it be worse to come hungover?

Judas really didn't know. It all sounded great either way. Either way, Judas quickly sobered up once he ran into the bathrooms and dumped a bucket of water on himself. Living on the streets meant that it wasn't possible to get a shower every day... which wasn't much of a problem since he stole a bottle of perfume from a store a few days ago. Judas wasn't sure if vanilla and sandalwood suited him, but either way, it would mask his scent.

"Jesus Christ, may he forever be sad and cold in heaven," Judas cursed as he looked around the bathroom, "What a mess."

There was water everywhere from Judas dumping the bucket on himself. He was in an unfortunate situation where he was standing in a public bathroom, soaking wet, and with nothing on but his shorts. The water was still running in the sink and it was threatening to overflow and spill onto the floor. Judas didn't move to turn it off; his last remaining brain cells, one for every eye he had (one), was failing him. There was a bar of soap in the corner of the bathroom-- yes, he dropped the soap-- and he wasn't about to go get it. Figuring out a way to dry himself up was already enough trouble, Judas didn't want to try to figure out how to properly rinse the soap off of him.

"Aha!" a figurative lightbulb turned on above Judas's head as he realized a solution. Perhaps his last remaining brain cell wasn't dead to him after all!

Judas propped his leg up onto the wall, right under the hand dryer, and slammed his fist into the button. Hot air began to blow onto his shorts. It might be enough? Maybe? Maybe?

Yeah, his last remaining brain cell was dead to him.

Judas put his leg down in frustration and moved to kick at the bucket that was laying on the ground. Unfortunately for him, the floor, slippery with the water from the bucket-- and from the sink that had begun to overflow-- made him slip and fall with a splash. Judas didn't make any move to get up, instead, he huddled up into a ball. Trying to take a "shower" in the school bathroom had quickly become a horrible mistake.

With Judas huddled on the ground and wearing nothing but shorts and with the overflowing sink and with the puddles on the ground and with the screaming hand dryer and with the upturned bucket and with the soap bar cast aside, it would have been a horrible time for somebody to walk into the restroom.

• kit cotton

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Finally! Kit was getting the education that he deserved. And, what? Did it take him just 18 years? Pretty much because his step-dad finally realized that he was actually pretty dumb and completely unlike what he had expected. To be fair, his dad still loves him, it's just that it is totally tough to love someone who has the knowledge of a goldfish. Still, did he have to forcibly send his step-son to some school for monsters? Actually, he probably should.

Kit arrived at the front of the school, his step-brother driving him in a hoodless, white Ferrari as he stepped on the brake pedal and stopped. A small crowd gathered around the car, wondering from who this expensively rich car was. To be fair, they were all most likely middle class, so seeing something super expensive would have totally made them confused.

"Oh my god, I'm here! Henry, I'm finally attending school!"

The cotton candy boy proceeded to give his step-brother a big smooch, but his step-brother clearly didn't want any of his sweet kisses. "Shit, dude, don't do that! There literally is a crowd around us and the last thing I want people thinking of me is that we have a thing together." His elf step-sibling clearly had a negative expression on his face, but Kit didn't realize it and just gave him a wave.

"I don't understand what you said but, I love you too as well!"

He got out of his car, slinging his backpack as he wanted to see what it was like to be in a 'high school'. Kit could write, read, and do basic math with his mind. But anything above the number of 1,000, his brain is completely blank on it. His father was a major lawyer, and he could not accept a son that was completely dumb in math. Kit flipped his hair, letting the crowd formed around him getting a whiff of his cotton candy hair. His step-brother rolled his eyes when he did that, driving away quickly and wanting to forget that his step-brother ever attempted to kiss him on the cheek.

Grabbing a comb out of his slightly sparkling backpack encrusted in some blue glitter, he began to walk the halls of the high school as he combed his large mane of hair. The crowd that formed around him on the entrance simply just stared at him, wondering how a blue, bubble-headed himbo managed to have a better life than almost everyone in the school.

Kit managed to arrive at one of the male comfort rooms, wanting to check himself out first on a mirror before heading to his classes. Besides, it would be a total fashion crime if he saw his slacks or his hair not looking good. Like, that would be super insane of him to do. However, as he proceeded to enter the comfort room, it was literally an ocean in there! Also, there was some random guy on the floor. Kit did not mind the mess and simply proceeded to avoid him, going in front of the mirrors to apply candy-scented lip gloss. Eyeing the boy on the floor, Kit had only one thing to say.

"That hair color is seriously super out of season."

Walking away from the mess that was the bathroom with no clue at what just happened in there, Kit grabbed his phone and began typing on his blog.

[ Finally, first day of school! Seriously, who knew it could all seem hella cool??? I mean, I know it just has been like, a few minutes, but like, I'm starting to think I like it here! Besides, the comfort rooms here literally have a pool option for aquatic students, and that is like, super great for inclusivity. Also, the lighting in a few spots is great for some of my photos! I totes recommend the comfort room and the hallways. ]

A MUSICAL ENTRANCE
xkwSMa3kNnKZKp0fHZvyfr-RDAkeTjW9kWZx2uvt7BOtnxnu6d7JukHA7kvwIOfTSNGWiKTp_AxeIFF7OpHcTHRcp7ndIXD_l7z3BHfthrsaguxygY8GzYRlNfg_WGExcnWKMffy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was on that beautiful, gorgeous day when Spooky High’s gigantic double-doors opened with a blast. A literal blast as hundreds of monsters swarmed into the hallways in black and white outfits, draining all colors from the otherwise vibrant corridor and turning it into something dull and lifeless. Dramatic gasps escaped the previously buzzing students as they gawked, the subsequent silence only broken by an upbeat tempo which began blaring off the school speakers without a warning.

With the beat, the monochromatic crowd started dividing at the center, forming a pathway for the two silhouettes posing in the large doorway.

“Who’s that girl~?” The crowd sang while pointing at the feminine silhouette who began sashaying down the aisle, nine fluffy tails swaying behind her. “She’s so fine!” Clad in a pink modern hanbok, she struck a seductive pose at the end of the passage and let her pink hair dance with the wind in a seeming slow-motion.

“Who’s that boy~?” the monochrome crowd pointed to the other silhouette, watching the graceful waltz of the masculine figure, dressed stylishly in darker colors. Pearly whites and sharp fangs flashed as the odd-eyed boy smiled and winked at the crowd not apart of the grand show. “I do recognize!” Taking his place right next to the feminine figure, the taller figure crossed one foot over the other as their jacket slipped off his shoulders slightly.

"Who are they~? They look so good, yeah!" The female, now obviously a certain kitsune, faced the male before resting both palms on his chest and arching her pronounced body backwards. “Guess we’re always gonna notice, and we probably should!” as her back arched back, the masculine figure revealed to be a certain vampire supported ARA by putting his right hand on the small of her back, left hand going up to his lips to blow a kiss to some particularly enraptured onlookers. As if by magic, the massive doors they came through slammed shut behind them, blowing a gentle wind past the duo as they continued their immaculate entrance.

Merely a few moments after everything went dark, the lights behind the phenomenal duo began flickering various shades of red and pink- making several schoolmates wonder just when the hell did they tamper with the school lights? As if there weren’t enough glowy surprises, behind them, a couple of backup dancers raised two, large neon signs with the names “ARA” and “EVE” in the brightest hue of pink and red respectively.

“Big fun~!” ARA finally straightened up and detached herself from Eve, an impish smirk slowly forming on her painted lips as she drew closer to the rest of the crowd. She took notice of a ghoul boy who looked utterly stupefied by her presence, and she couldn’t resist the urge to trace his jaw with her index finger. “On the night of nights, the night of nights, prom night!” The boy instantly turned beet red and fainted backwards where other watchers cushioned his fall.

Now separate from ARA, EVE -or rather Everest- found interest in a small group of girls standing enthralled by his presence, so naturally he glided over. Smiling mischievously as he took one's hand, EVE spun her around once before letting go to lean close into another. "Let's dance~" EVE blew gently towards her ear as he separated and winked at another, flashing the trademark of a vampire once more. "on the night of nights, you know we're gonna do prom right!"

Stepping back from the group, the duo faced the greater crowd and outstretched their hands in an elaborate manner, smiling. "It's gonna be our night~!" Random holes opened on the ceiling and a number of arachnid monsters descended through thin strings of webs, showering the area with colorful confetti before gracefully gliding around in a circular, rehearsed pattern."You know it!" The backup dancers collectively pointed at the duo. “To remember!” An illusion of stage fireworks boomed behind them. “For all time!”

“Surprise~!” ARA fluttered her fingers at the audience before getting carried and paraded through the hallways by a swarm of dancers. EVE wasn't far behind, having been lifted and carried alongside his partner. "Big fun~!" The dancers performed a few simple yet synchronous dance moves as they went along, "It's gonna be our night~!" ARA and EVE were tossed a few feet into the air, the duo striking a pose before landing easily in the dancer's arms again. The dancers beneath them called out with their own dance routine again, performing flips and kicks while keeping pace with the dancers carrying ARA and EVE. "The best!"

The onlooking crowd followed and watched the performance, spirits higher and higher as the show went on. “To last forever~!"

“The rest of our lives!” Even the audiences who weren’t part of the crew started singing along and following the procession while waving flashy lightsticks handed to them by several dancers.

“Well never, ever, ever forget!” ARA’s high voice rose above the chanting. This was followed by the glimmer of two golden crowns as people began passing it from the front of the parade and towards the superstars.

When the crowns found their way to their intended targets EVE took his and handed the other to ARA, donning their crowns in the same motion. "It's gonna be, our night~!" both the audience and the dancers called out in glee, fully immersed in the performance. "Oh yeah!" Once both their crowns were securely on, they continued, their audience making way for the royal procession-like scene. "All together!" The procession exited the hallway into the wide open courtyard, giving the dance group room to space out and the large audience space to watch at a safe distance. "Say it loud!"

Letting his crown sit at a small tilt, the pair were tossed once more into the air. "Come on now, everyone~! That's right! It's gonna be our night~!" As they landed EVE threw his hands out excitedly, smiling. "You can bet!"

Meanwhile, his counterpart fanned her nine tails out and let a sly smirk form on her face. “To remember!” She snapped her fingers and an illusion of a glittering, giant pink heart appeared behind them.

“Hear the crowd!” The backup dancers chimed, all pointing at the onlookers who were chanting ARA and EVE’s name in an unceasing manner.

“And never, ever, ever, never, ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever, ever forget!”

Finally, the beat drew to its end and so did ARA to Eve. Her fingertips ghosted the side of his face until they landed on his crown, pushing it slightly to the center, before locking her fingers on the back of his neck. Eve's hands found the small of her back just above the base of ARA's many tails, pulling her closer still. Looking over at the audience with a sultry look, Eve's eyes flashed red with the tell-tale sign of a vampire about to eat before lowering himself close to her face first, then down further still to her neck. Of course, he didn't actually take her blood, but no one would know from that distance.​

Last edited:

JASPER & JACINTH

Collab with AI10100 AI10100

Jasper had been up since the first cockatrice’s crow. It was a force of habit from training the mornings away, but there wasn’t any need for that today. Her last competition had ended on a sour note, with her barely raking in a bronze though creative usage of flaming hula-hoops. Coach had said to rest a few days, worried her mentality would be fragile from the blow, but Jasper didn’t think her mind had gotten weak to the point he was imagining. More flying drills wouldn’t suddenly compel her to ram herself into a cliff. She wasn’t a nymph with a penchant for passionate bouts of “woe is me”, and besides, cliff-ramming was such an unoriginal way to go.

Clicking her tongue, she set down a naked cupid statue with a missing arm atop a leaning tower of matchsticks and smiled triumphantly. Her convoluted series of random household objects connected through impractical and precarious positioning was ready. All it needed was a light… tap.

The chain reaction from the cupid to the final contraption of taped-together brass plumbing started with a clatter, continued with a hissing rattle and ended with a loud rendition of Mary Had a Little Satyr in F minor. Well, as close to F minor as she could make it. It was hard to create music out of drainage pipes, alright? She could be forgiven for a bit of artistic license. Tapping her foot impatiently, she waited for her sister to float out of the house and scream at her.

The mess of a machine she had designed and built in less than four hours led from the front lawn to Jacinth’s bedroom door, born out of a bored brain itching to make mischief at five in the morning. There was a reason she poked her nose into others’ business all day, and that was because her mind would come up with less desirable — for her victims, that is — methods to entertain herself otherwise.

The cacophony of sounds that came out of the house would have woken up both the living and the dead for a two mile radius. As the music of an off-key Mary Had a Little Satyr played, there was only silence coming from within. An irritated neighbor shouted out a complaint about how early it was in the morning for such a ruckus, though considering where it came from, it wasn’t exactly a new thing.

In a few seconds, the ghostly form of her sister phased through the door and was heading straight for her — wings spread and arms tucked to the side, and she seemed to only be gaining speed. Jacinth phased through her sister in the next second, an uncomfortable feeling passing through both of them as their souls clashed within the mere moment she was inside her sister’s body.

Once through, she maneuvered herself around and hovered a foot off the ground, face taut with annoyance. “Sheesh, the coach should have let you continue training. You’re bored out of your own mind if you’re messing around in our own house.” She huffed before settling her wings back and floating down to the ground. Touching the ground may be a bit of an understatement, considering she couldn’t even manage that, but faking it became her favorite thing to do.

She glared at the contraption. “How long did you even set that up? Shouldn’t you be moping about your competition or something?”

“I’m procrastinating.” Jasper shrugged, ignoring her sister’s first question. “Five minutes of moping should be enough for the day, right? I can check in with Coach, say I’ve done my daily dose of sulking and get back to flying.”

Leaping up into the air and releasing her wings with a loud crack, she flapped lazy circles above Jacinth’s head. “Besides, the more important question here is: there’s thirty minutes until the bell rings for homeroom; how fast do you think we can fly there?”

Her gaze followed her sister as she flew upwards, interest and joy quickly breaking through the mask of annoyance she held earlier. Quickly, she shot upwards but not in the way of her sister. “Bet you we can get there in ten— no, no, no, FIVE minutes!” she excitedly claimed, stretching her limbs but no sound nor relief came. She wondered how long she could keep claiming that it was a force of habit.

“Looking at your records, you’ve gone through that distance with no problems.” She waved her hand, Jasper’s goggles moved and slapped over her eyes and Jacinth reached down to her own ghostly goggles and placed it over hers. “Race you there!” Upon saying that, the younger twin immediately blasted into the air and towards the direction of the school.

Shaking her head, Jasper smiled and shot upwards. Winging her way past a flag large enough to be a flight hazard — one side of it conspicuously stated “I LUV ARA ♡” in bold pink lettering — and dodging a passing demonic pigeon, she managed to close the gap between Jacinth and herself. “First to reach school buys the other a soda?”

“Fine by me. But like gimme a second, did ARA release a new album or something? Cause that was a hugeass flag.” Jacinth responded, pointing behind them with her thumb. She wasn’t exactly the biggest fan of ARA but she’s phased through enough signs, banners and posters that she’s started to casually listen to her.

“I think she did? There was a whole lot of screaming about a music video in Geo yesterday.” Jasper let out a snigger. “The new teacher was glued to the phone the whole time — didn’t even realize her feet were tied to her chair until the period ended.”

Speeding up, she inched forward from her position beside Jacinth.

“Huh. Guess I have a new list of songs to blast through the school’s PA system during class.” Jacinth remembered the last few times she plugged one of ARA’s songs in, the popstar herself started singing it live, effectively cancelling the class for the entire segment. Those were good times, and now while the rage is still hot within many people, maybe school would be suspended for the day.

Seeing that her sister was inching away, Jacinth sped up to keep pace.

“That you do.” Jasper grinned nefariously, imagining the sight. By now the school had come into sight, and she ended the conversation there, gearing up for a dive.

“I’ll throw in some bread if you can stick the landing!” Jacinth shouted at her. Due to her current unfortunate state, using drafts of wind wasn’t exactly going to help her much in the long run. She immediately dipped down and flew down as fast as her ghostly flight could take her.

“Garlic breadsticks from Rexy’s pizzeria!” Jasper called back. Putting her arms to her side, she folded her wings and let herself drop. Incoming! she screamed at the crowd of students loitering by the double doors leading into Spooky High.

Jacinth let out a boisterous laugh as she watched students jump aside and her sister slam onto the double doors, crashing them open. She phased through the door. “Hey, Jasper! Are you still alive!? Or are you gonna join me in the afterlife or something!?” She yelled out.

Rolling to her feet with a flourish and brushing off a few flecks of sun-lightened paint off her feathers, Jasper announced, “All’s good. I’m not dead yet.” Raking bits of confetti — confetti? Where’d that come from? — from her short hair, she asked, “So? Was that not a fine landing, ma’am? Do I deserve that bread?”

"Damn shame." She responded with a heavy and dramatic sign, lifting herself up from the ground and floating over the students idling around the hallway, some angrily whispering at her sister's entrance. "If you joined me as a ghost, you wouldn't have the problem of going through those." Jacinth tilted her head to the side to gesture at the door.

"Hm, I'd say that was around… a seven out of ten. Could be cleaner, I've seen you do better." She critiqued, hand on her chin, looking serious for a moment. But that moment quickly passed by as she broke into a grin. "I'll give you the bread too, 'cause you might mope around if I don't." She laughed, reaching down and appeared to pat her head before tilting upside down so she appeared to be laying down with both of her hands beneath her head.

Making a face, Jasper grumbled a complaint. “I don’t mope that often.” Moving away from the doorway, she managed to dodge a mob of raving fans — distinguishable through their pink bandanas and ARA merchandise — stampeding around the corridor by a hair’s breadth. “What’s up with them today?”

"You'd be surprised~" Jacinth teased before passing through the wave of signs and hands from the mob. She twisted herself so she was laying down on her stomach, watching the group. She closed her eyes and she could hear the faint sound of booming music. She laughed. "I think ARA made a better entrance than you. Not surprised there but you know." She shrugged.

"But damn, we missed her performance again." She grumbled, looking down at her sister. "How many times is this now? Three? We should come to school earlier."

“Even if we did, I bet we’d still miss it.” Jasper shrugged. “I think it’s just our luck.”

“Boo, I’ll bother Eve about it later.”

"You do that." Scooting sideways to the hall leading to her homeroom, Jasper clambered up a half-finished diorama of hell — in all its eighteen layers of glory — to give herself space to jump before gliding her way up to the far away ceiling. Travelling down the hallway, Jasper aimed at the area beneath her classroom door and swooped in with less than an inch to spare. Landing neatly on her desk with a clean forward flip, she grinned. “You can’t say that wasn’t a perfect landing.”

“Okay, okay, I admit. That earns some plus points.” Jacinth begrudgingly agreed as she settled down on the desk next to her. Though “settled down” was more like floating above it until the teacher would come and scold her about it.

Last edited:
1608692143441.png
Evan
interaction: thefinalgirl thefinalgirl
In a half finished building who‘s construction has been going on for over seven years the massive apartment complex built over a old temple... however it’s previous resident had never actually left. Inside one of the onsite offices an odd sight was to be had at least a cluster of 15 or so snakes poked up from behind a desk bound together by some golden and gem incrusted base. And unfortunately worker stumbled into the office The new project manager who really didn’t know what she was about to deal with. For as soon as she turned on the light a massive dark blue serpents tail whipped around her body leaving her screaming and dangling in the air over what the snake where connected to The torso of a man who’s legs where replaced with a denim coloured snake body now she was hanging above the guys head who was clearly a gorgon. With a yawn the man mouth opens so wide it just made her scream more as he looked like he could swallow her easily and that was true. “so. your the new girl.. welcome I’m Evan... I live here now kindly stop screaming and go do whatever iv got place to be“ he‘d say in a grumpy and dismissive tossing her to the side as he lift the woman not being knocked out as their was cushioning tapped to wall specifically for people getting thrown at it.

it took Evan a while to leave his massive body trailing behind him as he headed to his destination of spooky high. Most people getting out of his way lest they be knocking to the side or turned to stone.. he liked it that way or at least that’s what he told himself. He’d missed out On most of the fancy enterances made by the what seemed like every other student here. Evan would make his own sorta entrance throwing the double doors of the school open grand slam as people moved out of the way of the flickering tail that trailed behind Evan whenever he went. However something smelled.. off their was a sweet scent..flickering his tongue in and out What it was became quickly apparent their was a new kid here. Interesting then. The Gorgon followed the scent uncaring of of any poor sap that ended up in his way.

eventually he’d find the source of the scent some blue Haired guy typing on his phone if hed had pockets Evan would have probobly put his hands in them but he didn’t so he just hung them to the side as he approached form behind the poor guy torso raised ominously he’d just Tap him on the shoulder. “Sup.. your new round here arn‘t ya?”

Camelot Claw.png
"Alright, now go ahead and cut your deck," Camelot instructed the girl that he was sitting on the bench with, "Go ahead and divide the deck into three parts and put them in whichever order you'd like. Let your inner mind decide."

As Camelot waited for the girl to make her decision, he snuck a bite of pizza from the paper plate in his right hand. This was definitely not the best place for a tarot card reading. They were sitting on a bench in the middle of the school hall, he didn't have tea brewing, and Camelot was hungry (which meant no clear mind!). He had been walking to school after grabbing a slice of pizza from the pizzeria that Rexy's parents ran, musing at the fact that prom was in less than a month. As he entered the school, a girl suddenly ran up to Camelot, begging him for advice on what seemed like boyfriend issues. Apparently, the girl wasn't getting along well with his boyfriend or something, and she wanted some advice before prom night.

So now there he was. The girl had finished, and she passed the deck of cards back to Camelot.

"Alright, let's see what the cards have to say," Camelot said. He took the card from the top of the deck and placed it on the bench between him and the girl. He frowned as he looked at it, "The Devil, upright."

That wasn't good.

"You're saying that you and your boyfriend can't seem to agree on anything?" Camelot asked, "And you want to mend things before prom? Well... this might be harsh, but maybe... it's best you should break up with him?"

Camelot winced, knowing that nobody wanted to hear such advice. But the Devil arcana really wasn't a sign for good things. Camelot had a feeling that the girl in front of him was probably feeling more trapped than anything. As good as prom seemed, it was an unreachable goal. It might be more worthwhile for her to reconsider her relationship with her boyfriend rather than focus on prom.

But as he was about to explain the meaning of the card, the sound of... music began to flow from down the hall. Camelot thought that it was just the sound of a random person blasting music from a speaker they brought to school, but when red and pink strobe lights started illuminating the halls, Camelot knew that this was definitely not normal music.

"Is that... ARA?" the girl sitting next to him asked.

Camelot squinted his ruby-red eyes. He had better eyesight than most monsters, and he was able to see what seemed like a kitsune and a red-eyed fellow.

"It is!" Camelot exclaimed.

Almost simultaneously, Camelot and the girl jumped out of their seats and ran into the crowd of people that was forming. The tarot card reading and the not-so-good result were long forgotten and cast aside. When Camelot managed to squeeze his way into the crowd, his eyes widened at the sight of another detail.

"Is that Eve?!" Camelot shouted in surprise. Thankfully, his voice was masked by the backup singers. Camelot clasped the watch on his wrist as he watched the performance. Sure, the watch was a cheap $7 metal watch from Walmart that was probably turning his skin green, but the important thing was the wrist-strap. The thing was an authentic EVE brand. When Camelot first got it off of an impulse buy from eBay, he hadn't realized just how valuable of a collectible he just acquired. It was only after a customer at a tarot card reading pointed it out for him did Camelot get invested in EVE. Now he was seeing two of his idols-- the one who created the luxury brand he wore, and the girl who was probably more popular than Hatsune Miku ever would be.

A dancer passed Camelot a glowstick, and although he didn't know the lyrics to the song, he did his part in jumping up and down like a little kid and chanting Eve and ARA's names. He became so enveloped in the atmosphere that he forgot about his hunger-- his pizza was still back at the bench.

Finally, when the song ended, Camelot snapped out of his haze and focused on what was important. He needed to rush to ARA or Eve-- either or-- when the atmosphere made it suitable and everyone else rushed forward to get autographs. Camelot needed ARA to sign his tarot card deck. He needed to get Eve to sign his cheap $7 Walmart watch.

|| Interactions: . D O V E . D O V E (ARA), The Prophet The Prophet (Everett) ||

prissy.jpg
One might be surprised what bat folk can hear with their large ears. In this school, it was deliciously tempting just to stop and listen to whatever happened to be going on. Right at that moment, someone was most definitely telling that complete trash pile Stacey O'Connor that her selkie coat is totally fake and way too pristine (and it like, totally is) and Stacey was of course denying it. Someone else was casting a curse in a nearby empty classroom to cause their cheating boyfriend to crap himself at lunchtime (like, totally typical) and someone else was- singing? And it wasn't even the amazing gorgeous ultra talented superstar mega celebrity ARA that also happened to attend the school- was that normal? Priscilla blinked hard, wondering if all high schools were like this- it certainly was nothing like her all girls bat school back home where singing was discouraged except for hymns celebrating purity and goodliness and dogged enforcement of destructive and misogynistic gender roles that threatened to diminish young girls forever. Normal stuff like that. No, this sounded adorable and fan-girl like, something she identified with. Then, the form of her phone outlined in someone else's hand was evident in her magical bat sight. Panic, then relief:

"Hi! I think this is yours, cute phone by the way."

Thank heavens! It was Yan Xi, the cutiest jiangshi of all time and also a very nice person that Priscilla did not fear would smash or eat her phone- on the contrary, she remembered that Yan Xi was very into healthy eating, especially for someone that was undead. She coveted her schoolmate's talent for sports and general ease of movement, she was also mystified by the magical talisman she always wore. What would happen if someone removed it, or the wind blew it off? Spontaneous combustion? A thousand years of darkness? Crab people?

"Oh my gawd, thank you Yan Xi! You are a life saver, I keep losing track of my phones. Are you listening to ARA right now?"

Beaming a fanged smile at her reanimated schoolmate, she flicked her hand and unlocked her phone, happily navigating to Screamify to take a look at ARA's discography. Truth to be told, Priscilla was more into devastatingly handsome boy groups- but ARA was so gorgeous and confident, and seeing her in person doing musical numbers in the school had given her heart palpitations- a good kind. In fact, with a twitch of her ears, she was sure that she could hear ARA singing for real- NO!! They were missing a performance! And it sounded like a SPECIAL PROM EDITION!

"YAN XI- ARA IS HERE! And Eve?! PROM NUMBER. BIG FUN- Argh! Splash?! Splashing?! Dryer?!"

Her ears flicked around like satellite dishes trying to pick up a signal. No, the splashing was coming from a nearby bathroom- duh. She took a few steps towards the bathroom and focused on it as students rushed by to hear ARA and Eve perform, her heart thumping with excitement and also a little bit of concern. Whatever was happening in there- it sounded very wet and sad and embarrassing. Priscilla felt like she was stuck in a choose-your-own-adventure book, she could fumble her way through the crowd to try to catch the tail end f the performance, or open the door and be met with whatever might behind it. Normally she would be able to detect whatever it was much clearer, but there was far too much sound coming from so many places.

"I think...U-um, I think something's getting eaten by the bathroom. Maybe. I know that sounds crazy, but like, remember when Kyle lost his foot to that weird blob thing in the chem lab? M-maybe we should help- but you can totally go catch up with ARA and Eve... I-I've totally got this!"

She shakily reached towards the entrance of the bathroom, water beginning to flow out from underneath the door. This was it! It was a brand new day, time to break out of her shell, time to be brave and confident and assert her dominance on that door and help whatever poor soul was behind it! Her mane bristled and in one quick movement she smacked the door open and stood like an battle ready amazon!

"ARE YOU OKAY-"

Was that a boy?! Is he n-naked?!

"Are you NAKED?! Oh no, you have shorts on- but then, did you slip while the bathroom was trying to eat you? Did it eat your clothes?"

✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰ - ✰

Interaction: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Coyote Hart Coyote Hart / Mention: The Prophet The Prophet . D O V E . D O V E

The restaurant was already packed by the time Rexy came downstairs, with a line of monsters his age that extended nearly to the door. He stood in the stairway to the upper floors where his family lived, temporarily puzzling over why so many people would be ordering breakfast from a pizzeria that didn't serve breakfast. The only solid explanation the animatronic dinosaur could come up with was that these monsters, many of whom he recognized from school. were ordering pizza for breakfast.

Pizza.

For breakfast.

Rexy wasn't sure whether to be proud or appalled that his parents' pizzeria was a better breakfast option for so many than somewhere that served actual breakfast. Maybe it was just some weird new hipster thing started by a bored immortal, and people would eventually go back to food and drink deemed acceptable by society. Like a can of motor oil, which Rexy was currently chugging on his way to school, because he wasn't an organic lifeform and didn't need to eat food to survive. Of course, he still stopped to try food from five different trucks and stands afterwards and was running late.

Spooky High's front doors opened up to an upbeat musical number. The oversaturation of red and pink made it pretty clear which two celebrity students were putting on the show. (And both of them happened to be the type of bored immortal that would start a new fad of eating pizza for breakfast, but that confrontation could wait.) Rexy wove his way through the background characters, trying to stay out of the shot. He'd worked way too hard to turn off his star power over the school year to get sucked back into the spotlight. Not to mention his whole aesthetic would clash horribly with theirs.

Once he was in the clear, Rexy casually tossed the wad of food wrappers he was holding over his shoulder and into the garbage can. It missed and audibly plinked off of the tile floor, but he pretended not to hear that and kept walking. He slipped into Mrs. Wolfstone's classroom to hand in a paper about the cultural significance of jumpscares and scrawl his name down on the attendance sheet before the teacher noticed his presence, and then headed to the restroom to give his face a quick once-over, only to find himself walking into the setup of a joke. If there was a joke that could be made about a bat-girl, a probably hungover angel, and an animatronic robot all entering the same restroom. There were probably a few one-liners Rexy could've dropped, but he declined the opportunity in favor of minding his own business and adjusting his bowtie in the mirror.

Interactions: Ghoulina Ghoulina Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Mentions: . D O V E . D O V E The Prophet The Prophet

Last edited:
EE_MAE.jpeg

Yan Xi

"It's no problem! It's the right thing to do when you find something that isn't yours, bring it back to the owner!" She claimed enthusiastically with a big smile. Besides seeing Priscilla smile was worth it, she's so cute with her fanged smile and pretty eyes. "I am! I love ARA so much. Her music just speaks to me." She said as if she was daydreaming at that very moment.

She was about to ask if the bat folk wanted to go and grab some breakfast with her when the other screamed about ARA doing a musical number right then and there. "WHAT? ARA?!" Yan Xi immediately pulled out her earbuds and turned around to see other students gathering around by another hallway. Everything around her seemed to be drowned out by ARA's live singing that she failed to hear Priscilla's going on about helping others.

She turned around but Priscilla wasn't there anymore and she had no clue where the bat folk had gone. Her attention was then taken again by the live show that was happening, being the eager fan that she was... Yan Xi headed towards the free musical number. She squeezed herself amidst the crowd just to get to the front and admire her idol in all the kitsune's glory.

Yan Xi must be in heaven. Maybe she's using up all of her luck today just by being able to watch this, her heart beating in sync with the rhythm of the song. Just watching this live brought back nostalgic memories to her, and she could only ever see it as perfect. Her eyes were focused on ARA, Eve was good and she wanted to appreciate him too but... ARA. That is all.

The Jiangshi squealed to herself as the song hit it's ending, jumping while clapping all the same. She watched in excitement the performer's last interaction and wondering what if it was her performing with ARA. Preposterous, she could never and she knew that the Kitsune is pretty much unobtainable to a mere fan like her. "Wha-" Yan Xi noticed the change in Eve's eyes. She ran towards the two with tension building upon her shoulders.

"Wait, wait, wait." She said pushing Everest's face away gently. "Are you going to drink ARA's blood? She might get hypotension. We can't have that, or a scratch to her neck! Prom is almost here, she has to be the flawless Queen she was meant to be."

mention: || interaction: Ghoulina Ghoulina . D O V E . D O V E The Prophet The Prophet

Judas Icarus.png
(You didn't think I'd be using the derpy Pikachu icon, did you?)
Judas had a headache... and he needed more alcohol. Or drugs. Just how the hell was he going to get himself out of this mess? He wasn't a good thinker, and by far not the brightest person in the school. Alcohol... he needed alcohol. There was a bottle of scotch in his coat pocket, but that was hooked up in the bathroom stall door, and it was far too away. Resignedly, Judas scooped a bucket of water off of the floor and dumped it on his head.

"Hey Judeeeee, don't make it bad~~" Judas mumble-sang as he tried to figure out what the fuck to do. He liked the song because it kept referring to a Jude person... which was practically his name, just not really. "Take a sad song.... and make it better~~"

Aha! There was an idea! First, he'd need to break off the door of the bathroom stalls. Then, he'd need to realign it horizontally so that he could jam it between the door handle and the sink so that the bathroom door wouldn't open!

Just as he was about to put his plan into action, something horrific happened. It was one of those situations like in horror movies. Like when the sky flashed with lightning and the protagonist's face is lit up with fear. Or perhaps it was a situation befitting the DUN DUN DUNNN!!! of Beethoven's music.

Someone walked into the bathroom.

The flamboyant candy person seemed oddly unbothered by the odd sight in front of him, and he went directly to one of the mirrors to apply lip gloss. The only words he had to Judas on the way out was that his hair was outdated... Well yeah, Judas hadn't found a good time to shoplift stuff to dye his hair. He bet he'd need a lot of stuff, like bleach, sharpies, Tide Pods, and strawberry syrup if he wanted to dye his hair. But if his hair could be a rebellious and hellsome red, it might be worth it. Judas put dying his hair on his mental to-do list, right after 'getting the fuck out of the bathroom.'

Speaking of which, in Judas's contemplative state, he dumbly didn't get up to jam the bathroom door like he was going to. Instead, he continued to sit on the floor while he thought, and he didn't even notice it when two more people went inside. Panic filled Judas, just as much as when candy boy had opened the door.

"I-- I swear, it isn't what it looks like!" Judas waved his hands around frantically as his mind went into overdrive. The wings on his back flapped as frantically as he waved his hands, and the ensuing gust of wind sent water spraying everywhere-- onto the walls, onto the bathroom stall doors which exploded off their hinges, into the wall sockets, and of course, all over the animatronic and the bat girl.

"See, I live in this tent in the alleyway behind the pizzeria," Judas desperately explained, "And well, I haven't had a bath for a good three four five six days, so I tried to take a shower in here. And well, I-- agh! It's hard to explain!"

Spontaneously, Judas got up from the flooded floor and went into the bathroom stall where his stuff was. He grabbed the bottle of scotch from his backpack and took a deep chug of it. He really didn't want to be in this situation.

"I don't want to sound homophobic," Judas commented, "But at times like these I wish the school invested into single-use bathrooms instead of gender-neutral ones."

Yeah, he gave up, he gave up.

"Hey, you by chance know how to dry pants with a hand dryer?" Judas asked the bat girl. He went up to the loud, broken hand dryer that he smashed and glared at it for a few seconds. He already made a mess of it, the right thing to do would be to go all the way. If he left a half-broken hand dryer just there, it'd be inconvenient for whoever had to fix it. Besides, there was another hand dryer available.

So with his angelic strength, Judas ripped the hand dryer out of the wall and threw it onto the floor. Thankfully, it didn't electrocute anybody. It screamed a complaint before it silently bubbled and drowned.

"By the way," Judas turned to the animatronic, "Are you that guy who starred in Theory of Triple F? Or am I misremembering which rated R film you were in?"

|| Interactions: Ghoulina Ghoulina (Priscilla) SP3CT3R SP3CT3R (Rexy) ||

1609314423771.png
(outfit as pictured)
Sandra
interaction: (none)​
standing at the front of spooky high was not exactly an overly odd sight considering the school itself but for one anyone that was arachnophobic, it would be a true nightmare.. a massive spider woman whom was staring blankly at the entrance to the school letting out a long sigh. this would be her last chance at any sort of school the woman not understand why she'd been transferred so many times... she was nice she was friendly and she couldn't understand why people became so freaked out by her. with a slight sign the Arachine would attempt to get inside the building luckily for her the front door was wide enough for her to actually get inside and onto the ceiling at least that was one convince of being having a spider body. you could climb and use the ceiling to get around easily avoiding any crowd although she did catch the attention of some bewildered students who looked up at her mostly looking at her chest overall.. she'd give a little smile.. however, the multiple eyes and the upside-down nature spooked some people off.. the look she made ending up being rather creepy instead of friendly. leading to her letting out an annoyed huff as it seemed thing would remain difficult here.. oh and the doorways... Sandra just hung there... staring at the narrow passage she'd have to use one at some point.. god doorways were the worst.

rexyprisscollab.png

Well, things weren't that bad. The boy wasn't naked, and even though Yan Xi had left, Rexy walked in. It seemed less awkward with someone else there, even if she didn't know Rexy very well he didn't seem like the type of person to spread crazy weird rumors about mostly naked people in bathrooms. The angelic boy flailed around a bit, trying to explain himself before- Nononono don't flap your wings! Don't you dare-

Splash!

It was too late. In horror, she looked down at herself, her damp mane flat against her chest, dripping with water. She was wearing a loose, thick lilac coloured cardigan that seemed to be fine, she could take it off, but her skirt and socks were wet. As he continued talking she rushed to the mirror and looked at her hair, once perfectly fluffed up and perky, now damp and stringy, and her mascara was beginning to run. She started dabbing and wiping, hopelessly fanning herself. Pausing momentarily, she looked over at Rexy, wide eyed and wondering how the water would affect him.

"A-are you okay, Rexy?"

The animatronic had short-circuited something fierce when he got doused and now sat slumped against the wall, with a slack jaw showing off way too many rows of teeth. An eerie, slowed-down version of “Pop Goes the Weasel” played, and Rexy’s eyes lit back up once the song finished and he’d properly rebooted.

“I’m fine,” Rexy grumbled, getting back to his feet. He took the angel’s bottle of scotch and helped himself to the rest of it to mentally prepare for discussing his acting career with someone who wasn’t already in the loop. He’d pay back for the drink later. “I was in the spinoff TV series, but not the movie itself.”

Rexy Hawthorne attending SHS was big news at the start of the school year. He’d been regularly swarmed by fans between periods for the first few weeks, but people started getting used to his presence after a while since he’d done little to continue cultivating fame. Every now and then, though, a new transfer student would crop up and ask for an autograph.

Priscilla awkwardy backed up a little bit when Rexy rebooted, a little spooked by the creepy song and his rows upon rows of teeth. In all honesty, she was a little intimidated by him- his fame and general appearance- but like all things in the school, she tried to not ask too many questions and roll with it. She hadn’t seen much of his work- she was forbidden from watching unpure, mind distorting rubbish like horror movies, or so her parents commanded. And an R-Rated Movie?!

Perish the thought! At any rate, he didn’t seem super pleased to be talking about it. Of course Priscilla recognized the actor, but all she really had to go off of was what her imagination conjured, which at that moment was Rexy tearing someone to shreds with his teeth to a spooky children’s song. She realized her mane was beginning to bristle, and quickly started smoothing it out with her hands. Quick! Think of something else!

“Umm, no, I’ve never dried pants with a hand dryer before, they kind of hurt my ears- I mean I can try, give them here. I also took my gym strip home last week and washed it- you could wear that, the shorts are a little short but I think you’d look cute- I mean handsome in it. My name is Priscilla, by the way, what is your name?”

She caught herself- remembering her dad chastising her for calling anything about any masculine figure cute. Maybe he would take offense, but she doubted it, seeing as he was mostly naked drinking liquor in a school bathroom. Before she did anything else, she did the long overdue task of turning off the water at the overflowing sink. Next, she found the boy’s soaking wet pants blocking the drain of the bathroom floor and picked them up before wringing them out gently.

“So, you live behind a pizzeria? I’ve never had pizza before, but everyone seems to really like it so maybe that’s a good thing. I am curious though… How did you end up living in a tent?”

Priscilla was trying very, very hard to seem nonchalant and unintrusive, but she was very concerned. Her maternal instincts were kicking in, and what she really wanted to do was scoop him up in a blanket and cradle him until he was warm and dry and feed him bits of what must be his favorite food, pizza. Why else would he be living behind a pizzeria? For all she knew, it could be a perfectly voluntary thing he decided to do out of love, sweet and precious pizza love. Maybe he was a pizza angel, and instead of doing goodly deeds to sustain himself, he needed only pizza, and was placing himself as close to it as possible. She made a mental note to look for “pizza angel” in her Monster Encyclopedia set at her next opportunity.

“Wait, you’re the guy living behind the pizzeria?” Rexy interjected, compounding the number of questions the angel was being asked. He’d never actually met the Pizza Camper in person, but had assigned the mental image of a 40-something wendigo to the recently-unmasked stranger living in the alley right underneath the living room window, not some bishie fallen angel. “How exactly are you still alive after eating so many of our breadsticks? Do you know how much butter is in those things?”

Interaction: Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Everest Carolingian

After such a brilliant way to start the school day, the show had to end at some point. From this distance, their finishing act should have gone splendidly. Get close, fake a bite, and then revel in the applause and praise. Little did he know, ARA's fans were bolder than he gave them credit for. From his position, he heard one such fan's frantic sprint before he saw them, but what really surprised him was when he felt an undead hand touch his face and move it away from his partner. For a split second his pureblooded instincts told him to take the hand that was so daring to touch his face in the middle of a performance. However, as the intrepid undead started to speak, such notions disappeared and all he could do was let out a velvety laugh.

"Wait, wait, wait. Are you going to drink ARA's blood? She might get hypotension. We can't have that, or a scratch to her neck! Prom is almost here, she has to be the flawless Queen she was meant to be."

Eyes losing their red glow, Eve looked upon likely the biggest ARA fan he knew of. "Hypotension? Scratch? Yan, you wound me with your words. My bite is far from as crude to leave a scratch mark. Hypotension maybe, it depends on how thirsty I am at the moment." Eve pursed his lips slightly in mock offense at the insinuation his vampiric bite was unrefined, only to smile mischievously and lick his lips. Yan's entrance was unexpected, but at least he could have fun with it. Showing off his fangs, Eve looked to meet the undead's eyes, he couldn't help but smile wider. "You know…..they say that getting bitten by a skilled vampire is one of the best feelings in the world, akin to pure bliss. If I can't have ARA's blood, it's only fair you offer your own. Just a sip to show your conviction in stopping our wondrous performance?" He cooed, not at all serious. Well, he wasn't lying about the bliss part, though Eve did leave out the part where he could choose to make it excruciatingly painful. But you couldn't have the fear of dying (again) from shock or cardiac arrest dissuade her, now could he? "Though I must say, how brave of you to rush over despite massive crowd watching you like a hawk! You can just see the fury and bloodlust in stepping in on our show, much more one of ARA's!" He laughed yet again, looking over at the percentage of the crowd who looked very displeased with the development. . "You are truly the #1 superfan, aren't you?"

Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . D O V E . D O V E

Bryakrull Versenchenne V’Kerrigenne

Brya was late for school. Brya was Never, Ever, late for school. It wasn’t even like her parents would care, and the school administration wasn’t super into hassling her unless they had to. It was a point of pride though, prompt, on time, precise and polite. Unfortunately getting hit by a pickup-truck on her daily run to school had delayed her by like, a whole few minutes, with a couple more tacked on for pulling the driver out of the wreckage and giving them the family business card. She wasn’t suuuper sure about landwalker laws, but she was pretty sure that hit and runs only counted if you were the one doing the hitting. She would find out later if it was a problem.

The biggest concern was honestly her clothes, but she was again semi-confident that she was fine by landwalker customs. She knew upper torso and crotch were considered important to hide, and the upper part of her shirt was mostly fine. Most of her upper chest was still covered, with only the very bottom curves being just visible, along with the edges of an oddly lacey sports bra made of an unknown material. She had taken the brunt of the impact to her abdominals, and she was pretty sure that area wasn’t legally considered indecent exposure. Sure she had gotten a lot of confused staring, and one case of fainting by a lady at a bus stop as she ran the rest of the way to school, but staring wasn’t that unusual, even if it had died down a bit till today. She glanced down at her abs as she approached the doors of the school, wondering whether they were weird by landwalker standards or something. They were extremely well defined, and about as hard as literal rock if she flexed them, but she didn’t really have much of a point of comparison. She usually wore fully covering shirts, so she would find out today what the deal was. At least she knew her pants were fine. Sure her loose outer pants had been destroyed, but she knew the skintight leather pants she wore beneath them were legally fine, even if they were stretched a little tightly around her leg muscles.

She ducked through the front doors, noting and then promptly ignoring the chaotic throng of students. Ara was very pretty, but Brya didn’t really want to deal with the crowd just to see her, especially when she was still this dusty from the collision. Deciding that the crowd would likely buy her enough time she ducked into a nearby restroom, and had to stop to blink for a moment. An angel, a bat-girl, and an animatronic had apparently walked into a bathroom and obliterated it. After a moment she simply shrugged and called out a good morning. It’s not like water was a problem for a shark, and the other students were probably fine. The paper towels on the wall had been mildly destroyed, but again that wasn’t a problem for what she wanted them for. At odds with her imposing size and the destroyed bathroom around them, she was markedly gentle when she drew the paper towels out without damaging their container any further. They were damp, but she would have had to get them damp anyway to clean the dust properly. Whistling a jaunty tune she brushed the dust off her remaining clothes, and then took slightly more care with her skin. Her abs especially she had to properly wash, what with the dust along with scraps of paint from the trucks hood. Even once her abdomen was properly wet and dust-free she had to scrub more at a couple spots of red paint.

Addressed; SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Ghoulina Ghoulina

Last edited:
Camelot Claw.png
Now wasn't that an interesting sight... it wasn't every day that someone would have the boldness or audacity-- depending on one's point of view-- to break societal norms. Camelot had received advice from various people never to mess with the k-pop community. Apparently, they could be particularly vicious. Yan Xi breaks through a performance... it seemed like the equivalent of messing with the k-pop community.

"My my, how brave for you to put yourself against the wrath of the ARA fans," Camelot chuckled as he stepped forward, "You dare deny the fans the sight of this fun spectacle? ARA's face alight in rapture from the feeling of blood leaving her body... Eve's eyes sparkling as he connects his body with ARA's. What a shame. The simps won't have their fanservice."

"That being said... if I had to give this situation an arcana, I'd say..." Camelot dramatically pulled out a card and presented it to Yan Xi, "The Hierophant, reversed. Your willingness to reject what's expected of you by these fans is completely warranted. If ARA truly got hypertension... hypotension? Eh, tomayto, tomahto, if it had happened, wouldn't your queen be screwed? The crowd may ridicule you, but you truly are doing what's right."

"And you all--" Camelot turned to the fans before he stopped himself dead in his tracks. Hold on. What the actual fuck was he doing? Camelot hadn't thought about what he wanted out of this announcement. It was another one of Camelot's empty-headed, spontaneous actions. He was about to commit a faux-pas that he had been warned about. Don't get in the way of k-pop fans. He quickly thought of something to say and weakly ended with, "Well... you guys... please don't bully Junior Yan."

Camelot paused, twirling his light stick aimlessly. What was he up to? Why was he standing in the middle of a crowd? Why was he trying to prevent Yan Xi from getting bullied and putting himself in danger too? Why did he get fucked over by his spontaneity once again?

And even worse, Camelot had essentially volunteered himself to basically clear up the mess of the scuffed concert. Camelot covered his eyes and chuckled darkly. Ah, he screwed up. The only thing left to do was dig himself deeper.

"Don't bully Xi," Camelot declared, "For any true ARA fan would make sure her queen is unharmed!"

Camelot did not consider himself a charismatic person, and he really could not measure the reaction of the crowd. But he didn't let that bother him. He turned to Eve and ARA.

"Have you ever tried lamb's blood?" Camelot asked Eve, "The blood coagulates into this tofu-like substance. It's quite yummy. I'd imagine trying to feed off of a zombie would be like trying to slurp up tofu. Isn't going to be easy, handsome."

Camelot then realized that he had the opportunity of a lifetime. He had already screwed up enough by jumping into a situation unwarranted, so why not grab his autographs while he was at it. His signed tarot cards would probably be worth a fortune... and if his Walmart watch had Eve's signature, it would probably compete with his wristband in terms of value. While it was true that Camelot wasn't as money-hungry hoarding as his parents, he still wanted money.

"Since I'm already here, let me be so audacious as to ask," Camelot's eyes sparkled with greed as he looked between Eve and ARA, "Could I ask you cuties for autographs? I'd even trade my blood for it."

|| Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Yan Xi), . D O V E . D O V E (ARA), The Prophet The Prophet (Everett) ||​

Last edited:
6d06c9c7be5b6b0b655a7d3f71170f08.jpg
The post-performance rush has always been a wonderful feeling. Seeing the smile on her audience's faces made ARA feel absolutely nothing (oh give her a slack, she's been doing this for centuries; even the most beautiful gem turns dull when you keep seeing it everyday,) however, hearing them chanting her name never ceased to make her feel empowered. Their cries were like fuel to her fire, definitely one of the few things that keep her in this intrusive industry. Anyways, it felt very rewarding and made the tons of hours she spent training her obsessed fans and Eve's thralls worth it.

Speaking of obsessed fans... ARA's eyes widened when she saw Eve's face suddenly pried off her neck. Gasps and murmurs quickly followed and soon, the pink-haired superstar found herself staring at a particular undead. Then, the said undead began blabbering about hypotension something-something, prom, and Flawless Queen. The kitsune's ears instantly perked up at this and a mischievous glint replaced the confusion in her eyes. With swaying tails, she allowed Everett to converse with her so-called Number 1 Fan.

The vampire was correct; the majority of the crowd did look very displeased with the interruption. The brave zombie would definitely get harassed once the superstars turn their backs and didn't say anything to save her hide. The ARAxEVE shippers could get really viscous sometimes, too. 'Hmm, what a very tempting idea.' ARA couldn't help the deviant thought. Forgetting a lot of things is the byproduct of immortality- morality included. Fortunately, right before she could entertain her whimsical nature and make everything worse, somebody else stepped in and spoke for the zombie.

She placed a slender finger over her lips, tapping the soft skin thoughtfully as she looked at him from head to toe. He appeared to be some sort of a winged-creature. Either a harpy cosplaying as a snake or a dragon. Meh. Species didn't matter. What mattered was that he, and the nosy undead, looked good in a way that they'd blend in with her back-up dancers pretty well. As in, her audience wouldn't throw up if their gaze flickered to them by chance. They would make a nice addition to her weekly entrance next Monday.

"Ara ara~," an amused chuckle left her lips, "I see you're familiar with this girl, Eve." She studied Yan Xi with squinted eyes. She did look a little bit familiar, but then again she could be remembering another person entirely since she's been walking on this world for who knows how long.

She whipped her attention to the agog crowd in front of them. She noticed most of them had their cameras and phones out, meaning, whatever happens will be all over social media pretty soon. And so, ARA decided that the best course of action was to plant a kiss on Yan Xi and Camelot's cheeks. She even made sure to pause so the onlookers would have enough time to snap a decent picture. Once that was done, she pulled away with a coquettish smile and looked at the pink mark of her lipstick on their cheeks.

"Better than an autograph, yes?" She winked at them, and a couple of people fainted at the background. "I rejoice in knowing that my fans care so much about my well-being! Enough that they'd risk their own lives... or unlives... just to make sure I become Prom Queen! Since I'm greatly moved, I therefore grant these two the delightful chance of carrying me to my classroom~!" With that, she gracefully raised her arms, waiting for the zombie and the dragon to pick her up like the loyal slaves fans that they were.

Needless to say, Camelot and Yan Xi might have to deal with a little bit of extra attention for the next few weeks... months... years?

The Prophet The Prophet Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Last edited:
Judas Icarus.png

Shit. Perhaps panicking wasn't the best idea. Now all three of the bathroom occupants were wet, and he almost killed the animatronic. Thank goodness it seemed that a simple reboot fixed it. As they said in the IT department, try turning it off and on again. It was a great solution to most things, just not alcoholism. He didn't mind the animatronic's terrifying rows of teeth; Judas definitely couldn't judge knowing what he hid below his bang of hair.

It was kind of awkward for Priscilla to attempt to help dry Judas's pants (which is pretty awkward whichever way you think about it), but Judas was appreciative. She seemed like a nice gal. He didn't mind that Priscilla called him cute either. Gender roles dictating what adjectives could be used to describe someone were stupid and dumb. Priscilla was one of those people that Judas didn't really talk to even though there was no reason he shouldn't talk to her... just like how there was no reason to talk to her. It was kinda like how people... huh. Judas's mind was blank; he couldn't figure out an analogy to why someone wouldn't randomly talk to someone. Guess that's something that makes people weird.

"Great, I know now what name to use when saying hi in the halls," Judas said, "Even though things might be a bit awkward after... all this."

He gestured to the absolutely obliterated bathroom.

"My name's Judas," he introduced himself to Priscilla with a beaming smile, "Yes, I know. It was a genius idea for my parents to name me after the guy who betrayed Jesus. It was like foreshadowing."

On the other hand, the animatronic... Rexy, something about him seemed oddly familiar. Judas knew that he had seen him in a movie, but Judas wasn't in the habit of watching spin-off shows. It was much more difficult to pirate tv shows than movies. He was vaguely annoyed that Rexy took his scotch, and when he went through his bag, he couldn't find any alcohol... nor any drugs other than his Juul, and the dbrand skin made it impossible to use in the moist environment. Where the hell was the beer? Resignedly, Judas slapped close his bag.

"Why I live in the back alleyway?" Judas mirrored Priscilla's question, "The short answer is... crime."

In a bizarre decision, Judas elected to not elaborate. It really wasn't that complicated. He had walked into a Costco, then walked out with seventy of their ice cream samples and a tent, none of which he paid for. And the back of the pizzeria was a place of convenience. Whenever he tried to make camp in other back alleyways, the owners of the buildings would always hire raccoon exterminators to deal with him. It got to the point where Judas knew the raccoon exterminators personally. Judas didn't blame the building owners for what they did, especially since he also occupied the alleyway with a portapotty and a grill which he made hotdogs on.

But the pizzeria for some reason didn't kick Judas out. So he just stayed there. It was nice, except it meant that he didn't get to see the raccoon exterminators as much as before.

"Wait hold on, you work at the pizzeria??" Judas exclaimed. He grabbed onto the animatronic's shoulders and took a nice good look at him, "Holy shit, you're the Rexy! The movie star! What the hell! And I did mix up my rated R films. It's that sorta thing that happens when you watch too many of them, you get me?"

Judas realized that he was probably getting too close for personal space, so he did the right thing by patting Rexy on the back to make him feel even more uncomfortable, "Thanks for not calling the raccoon exterminators on me!"

Judas's sense of right and wrong were so mixed up that if he wasn't feeling drunk and lazy, he probably would have shaken Rexy until the screws in him fell loose. It just seemed like the logical thing to do when he screwed (no pun intended) up-- go all the way.

"And yeah, the breadsticks are amazing! So buttery and delicious!" Judas beamed, "I guess it explains the heart attack last week. I was wondering if it was because of the cocaine or something else."

"Speaking of cocaine, be careful with those shorts," Judas instructed Priscilla, "There's a block of cocaine in them. I think it's probably mostly dissolved from the water, but if you want it, you can go ahead and keep it. I have more where it came from."

At that moment, a masculine shark-lady entered the restroom. Why Judas didn't barricade the door was beyond him, but now that four people had gone into the restroom, logic said that one couldn't lock the door. So he just let it be. Like the other people who had come in, she seemed to accept the flooded, destroyed bathroom as normal. She also seemed to be cleaning herself up, like Judas was, but in an actually sane manner. Perhaps he should just do what she was doing next time. Break into a Walmart, steal one of their bath towels, and soak it in water to substitute for a shower. But why was the shark-lady cleaning herself up?

"Hold up," Judas pointed at the shark-lady, "Are you homeless too?!?!"

|| Interactions: Ghoulina Ghoulina (Priscilla), SP3CT3R SP3CT3R (Rexy), Technicolor Cat Technicolor Cat (Brya) ||​

prissy.jpg

Jesus? Crime? Raccoon exterminators?! Priscilla's eyes narrowed as she watched Judas, listening to him speak about such things with a cavalier tone was a little disarming. So, from all of this, his name was Judas, his parents didn't like Jesus, he committed crimes and had a heart attack last week from butter.

"Speaking of cocaine, be careful with those shorts. There's a block of cocaine in them. I think it's probably mostly dissolved from the water, but if you want it, you can go ahead and keep it. I have more where it came from."

Wait, what?! Cocaine in the shorts?! Right at that moment, a life changing incident happened: Brya entered the damaged bathroom like a gorgeous, effortlessly cool amazon and began to wash her fully visible glorious abs right in front of them. It felt like her heart had simultaneously exploded and also fallen into the floor, she gazed wide eyed and gaping at her, clutching Judas' shorts in a vice grip. Brya was Priscilla's vision of perfection, she was incredibly strong, muscular, athletic and charismatic. She had beautiful yellow eyes and was a mountainous size. From the first time she saw her, it was like time had stopped, and each moment after that she would secretly admire her from afar. She would cheer her on in gym class, she would gush about her strength and overall coolness to classmates, and would often try to secretly leave her bits of food in passing, on her desk, at whatever lunch table she was at, always unnoticed. A secret food ninja of sorts. Any interaction she had tried to muster up was usually short and awkward, and this was the closest she had ever been to her. Now, to say something normal and cool...

"OHMYGOD WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHINGGGG"

A screeching dial up tone sound played through her mind. She had dreamed of finally being able to actually talk to Brya, maybe doing something really cool like actually excelling at gym class, winning a dodge ball game and then having an amazing imaginary muscled bicep high five together. Now here she was, a sad wet girl in a public bathroom. She decided to try a compliment, most people enjoyed compliments and they were fun and super easy to do.

"H-hi- Hi Brya! You look really greet- I mean great, you look totally great today!"

Of course, she messed it up, and began internally screaming in her head. Her light pink skin flushed, especially her cheeks that were hot to the touch. Priscilla's eyes darted downward shyly, then she realized she still had the shorts in her hands. She looked at the shorts. She looked at Judas. Then the shorts. Then Rexy. Then the shorts one more time. She had forgotten about them in that brief and heavenly moment. He said cocaine, and it's probably all dissolved and it might be all over her hands- how does cocaine work?! Was she doing a cocaine right at that moment?! Would the cocaine hit her at any moment?! Father had told her that drugs, specifically the hellish cocaine caused nightmarish hallucinations and turned your skin inside out- and she liked her skin! She immediately dropped the shorts and looked at her hands in horror.

"I-I need to go! Sorry, I'm so sorry!"

Tearing up slightly, she sped out the bathroom entrance, her heart pounding. What a complete disaster! A golden opportunity to dazzle Brya with her wit and newfound confidence and she had not only messed that up but now she was probably high on cocaine and at any moment her skin would somehow flip inside out. She barreled through the hallways taking random turns until she arrived near the front entrance, out of breath. Maybe she could make a dash for it and fly home- no way, her parents would kill her! What about the school nurse? She spun around wildly and caught a dark shadow out of the corner of her eye... was something on the ceiling? A chill ran up her spine- this was it, the cocaine was coming. She slowly turned and looked up at the ceiling, horrified. It was a giant spider person! A woman! Her father's voice echoed in her mind:

"Some spiders eat bats. So it's best to avoid them, and if you do encounter one, always remember to-"

To what?! Help past dad, help! Her brain once again entered dial up tone mode and she gawked in terror before pointing at her.

"D-don't eat me, I am full of cocaine! And my dad says that turns your skin inside out and gives you hallucin- wait! Are you a hallucination?"

Interaction: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Coyote Hart Coyote Hart / Mention: The Prophet The Prophet . D O V E . D O V E

1609314423771.png

(outfit as pictured)
Sandra
interaction: Ghoulina Ghoulina
tapping her pedipalp's together Sandra stared at the doorway trying to work out how she might pass through it in a more comfortable manner though so far she'd not thought of anything actually useful.. she'd have to do it in that incredibly annoying way she always had to. letting out a small huff she'd turn around only to see something dart past her multiple eyes. turning to face it there was a bat person spinning around wildly. scratching the top of her head her somewhat lengthy hair was hanging down as it would often do all her eyes locked onto the odd girl. perhaps she needed some help? they did look confused until their gaze finally settled upon Sandra and panic set in further to the batgirl. in the arachines head this couldn't be good she'd already freaked someone out.. and she'd not been here even a few minutes. the batgirl began babbling about something on cocaine? and hallucinations. Sandra would skitter over to just above the batgirl. lowering her body so that her face was upside down but directly level with the bat girls. a blank upside-down frown that looked like a smile and multiple eyes blankly staring at the freaked-out bat girl with no personal space either as the arachine's face was practically touching hers. "apologies for scaring you but no I'm not a hallucination and i don't intend to eat you what so ever... and im not sure cocaine does that.. also hi.. nice to meet you" Sandra spoke in a fairly blank and almost emotionless tone still remaining uncomfortably close to her hopefully Sandra would possibly make a friend right?

Brya V'Kerrigenne & Priscilla Leonora
Collab with Ghoulina Ghoulina

Brya was single mindedly focused on getting the paint off, which the paint was stubbornly resisting. Turns out car paint imparted via high speed impact was a little tricky to remove with water and paper towels, no matter how much elbow grease was available. She only registered she was being spoken to by the bat-girl a couple beats after she said her name, and by then the bat, Priscilla if her name memorizing was still up to snuff, had already looked away and started to panic. The bat-girl fully panicked and dashed off with a rushed apology before Brya had quite thought of something to say.

Standing there in the bathroom, ever so slightly confused, Brya reexamined the past ten seconds. Luckily for her, her royal upbringing had trained her to retain information, especially when she wasn’t paying attention to it. Priscilla had paid her a flustered compliment right before she panicked and ran. Brya’s attention was fully caught now. People didn’t actually compliment her very often, and almost never for reasons she wasn’t sure of. She was used to the dance of royal etiquette and compliments as tools, so a genuine open compliment caught her attention. More than that Priscilla was definitely someone on the edge of her attention. She would likely have already taken up more of Brya’s attention but for the V’Kerrigenne protocols. They weren’t a snobby family, but they trained their children, and especially their heirs, to generally not seek out others first, due to the pressures involved.

Her mind already made up, she stopped mentally blocking out her nose, and scented the air. She could smell damn near everything, and it was so annoying and distracting that she had been trained to completely block it out when it wasn’t wanted. She had used that training a lot in this school, as full of countless scents as it was, but her nose still worked. She caught the scent of Priscilla almost immediately, an overtone of wet fur mixed with an undertone of candy scented perfume. Brushing herself off and throwing away the paper towels she followed the Batgirl’s scent through the halls. When she caught up to her she was glad she did, as the other girl seemed fully terrified of the spider girl that was in her face. At a trained glance Brya was reasonably certain that the spider didn’t actually mean to be as threatening as she was, but as a giant shark, Brya knew that intentions weren’t always the be all and end all. Not really thinking it through beyond seeing a terrified girl who had just complimented her, Brya stepped forward and picked Priscilla up, pulling her back a step from the spider and into a hopefully comforting carry. When she spoke she tried to make her voice calming, “Hey, you are safe, don’t worry.”

Priscilla wriggled slightly and blinked, unsure of what was happening. Today was supposed to be a great day full of new opportunities, and so many awful things had happened. She was sure that she was about to be devoured whole by the spider lady, especially when she skittered over to her and placed her many eyes so close to her own. Her voice was soothing, something that made her even more unsettled, perhaps these were the seductive ways of the spider people- to placate their victims before making a meal of them, or perhaps winding them up in webs for later consumption. Then, she was lifted right off the ground and into someone’s arms in a safe embrace- what hero, what amazing angel was it- “OHMYGOODGOD IT’S BRYA”

She gazed up at her, eyes tearing up and face flushed, heart pounding. This had to be a hallucination, things never fell into place for her like this, it was such a strange but wonderful feeling. In Brya’s mighty arms, she felt safe and secure and something else- something she couldn’t quite place, but stared nonetheless, adoring her hero- even if she was a hallucination, it was a good one. Even if the feeling was new and odd, it was a good one, so she decided to embrace it. “Oh Brya, you’re the most beautiful hallucination ever.”

She leaned her head on Brya’s chest and looked back at the spider lady, trying to recall what she had said. It all seemed so trivial now, nothing could possibly harm her, so it would be fine to speak to this scary spider lady. What was it… she had said hi, and seemed quite friendly for a hallu- wait, did she mention the cocaine? “no I'm not a hallucination and I don't intend to eat you what so ever... and im not sure cocaine does that..”

Slowly, like a machine nearing its final days, the cogs in her brain began to work rationally. This was Spooky High School, attended by many monster students, in fact, she was sure she had seen other spider people before, maybe not as large and foreboding, but she had. Also, her skin hadn’t turned inside out as her father warned, and he was wrong about many things so far in the real world. She looked around the area, and recognized other students walking by and even faculty- everything was completely normal. This began another round of horror, she looked up at Brya again, trembling slightly.

“A-are… are you like, not a hallucination? Judas kind of broke the bathroom, and I went in there to help and found his shorts and tried to get the water off and then he said they were full of cocaine- and, and- then I remembered my dad said cocaine turns your skin inside out andcauseshallucinationsandtheniranawayyyy”

Her words turned in a strung together babble at the end as she tried desperately to explain.

Brya transferred Priscilla to one arm, curling her right arm around the batgirl and propping up against her chest and arm. The weight was no more significant, although a secondary part of her mind noted that the warmth was nice. She spoke in what she hoped was a calming voice, “I’m definitely not a hallucination Priscilla, and you should be fine.”

Not quite content with her actions thus far she turned to the spider and spoke in a mildly admonishing tone, “Yo Sandra, spider, predator to predator, you gotta get some better manners. Don’t get in peoples space like that uninvited when you are twice their size, especially if they are prey relatively speaking.”

Her telling off of the spider completed she turned back to Priscilla to address the other issue. Brya rifled through her memory, trying to remember the effects of cocaine on human or human-like systems. Drugs mostly didn’t affect her family, but her education had covered the nature and effects of most drugs and poisons anyway. Something about diplomacy and land-walker nobility having a tendency towards drug-use. When she spoke her voice was back to soothing warmth, “Cocaine can’t impart a meaningful high through skin contact, especially not when it was that waterlogged and indirect. You should be completely fine.”

Addressed: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Jay & Enoch Wright
Collabed intro post with Athanas Athanas

Jay Wright didn’t understand sleep. Oh she understood dreams yes, in all their wonderful, delicious, complexity. Sleep though, that was an oddity. It fundamentally defined the schedules, patterns, and lives of almost everyone around her, but she had no idea what it felt like. She didn’t even really get tired, when she hadn’t fed in a while she just grew slow and stiff. She wondered sometimes whether this was just a traditional Mara dilemma. Such an intimate understanding and involvement in dreams, but Mara never took their own rest, or dreamed their own dreams.

Anyway, all of that went through her mind with a certain annoyed feeling. She didn’t sleep, so she couldn’t exactly try and wake up in time. She usually relied on the dreamers whose dreams she walked in to wake up at a reasonable time, but this one had been having a particularly lovely dream, and that had perhaps been related to their sleeping in. She pulled herself out when she realized it had gone long, and by then they were already going to be at least a little late. She jumped to her feet from where she had been sitting against a wall. With a little luck Enoch would already be up and ready to go.

Luck, of course, was not on her side. She “knocked” on the wall, just lightly enough to avoid doing real damage. The pattern of variously sized dents was decorative anyway. She shouted just loud enough to be sure she would be heard, “Yo, Enoch, time to go.”

Enoch dreaded sleep, and that was saying something, as he didn’t really have much reason to fear things anymore. And yet, sleep was such a horrible thing. Sleep always filled his mind with a resounding, terrifying panic that he could not escape from until he woke. The nightmares had gotten so bad lately that he had elected to inject himself choke-full of stimulants. Such a solution was far from elegant or long-term-but he didn’t have a choice. He had to focus, for the current experiments required his full attention

But of course, things never really went his way either, and his said experiments were proving increasingly futile. Knowledge was gleaned from failure, of course, and every time he failed, he failed less and less spectacularly. But that was little consolation to the alchemist, who was already feeling the effects begin to wear off and the prospect of a nightmare-filled slumber encroaching on the horizon.

The whirring and bubbling of machinery and concoctions drowned out her knocking, so when her voice came, he was startled. An involuntary monstrous screech pierced the house before he managed to compose himself. “Coming! Gimme a sec!”

Of course. School. Couldn’t fucking wait for that one. He let his disdain fester as he rapidly hooked himself up to an odd machine. It’s purpose was to drain him of any excess miasma, allowing his disguise to be more believable.

Another fucking day of watching everyone run around merry, free, and unconcerned. Another day of watching friends laughing like morons, loveable couples making out in public with no sense of decorum, people whose collective intellect would just barely manage to match the average person.

He couldn’t fucking wait!

The machine having finished it’s work, Enoch injected the serum into his system, grunting as his form began to slowly, painfully shift.

“Hmmph...give me two fucking minutes, will ya? This needs to finish before I can start donning proper clothes. We have two minutes, right?”

Jay glanced around trying to remember where they had a clock before remembering she had a phone now. After digging it out of a pocket she found the answer she was expecting. When she shouted back her voice was a little smug, “Yeah sure, but no complaining about how I’m going to drive to get there on time. We will still be late technically, but the only thing we are going to miss is the usual morning nonsense from the student body. I’ll go get my bike ready, head on out when you're ready.”

Jay walked off to the garage, not waiting for a response. It had been too long since she had seen her baby, a whole eight hours. When she opened the garage her black Ducati Panigale V4, customized and high end both, awaited her. It wasn’t exactly a conventional ride to school, and it was a bit of a tight fit, but neither her or Enoch were exactly squishy enough for it to be that much of a problem even if they did go flying. It had a slightly modified seat to allow for both of them, but even that was fully removable. If she had her way she would just wander the country on this bike, but that was something for next year.

For now she just wheeled it out, and mounted up, coming to a rest on the street and closing up behind her with the remote. She was ready to go as soon as Enoch arrived.

Enoch sneered a bit, though his voice also revealed amusement. “Easy for you to bloody say, ain’t it? You don’t really have any breakable bones!”
Truly though, he didn’t mind. Jay had saved both of them from detention too many times to count. So what if sometimes he got injured horribly? He’d be back on his feet in no time, if with a great deal of pain involved.

The process finally completed, his more hideous form was now replaced by a far more tolerable humanoid one, he began to get dressed as quickly as possible, which was easier said than done. His laboratory was a downright mess, and he had to actively dodge puddles of known and unknown substances in order to get to his stuff. He’d promised himself that he’d tidy everything up at some point, but he kept postponing that promise every time.

He eventually managed to find what he was looking for, fishing a bandolier filled with various chemicals-he never went anywhere without them. Attaching it to his midriff, he finally moved out, mounting up behind Jay.

“With any luck, ARA will have broken out into a full-on musical number which will buy us some time. Can’t wait!”

Even if physically not leaking at the time, his voice alone oozed poison from the way he said these words. He took hold of Jay’s sides, trying to have something to keep his balance onto for when she inevitably broke every single traffic law in existence.

Jay half-responded, already focused on her bike, “I’m not sure that would actually be a good thing. Then we would have to walk around all the freaked out fans. They are way too damned loud, on multiple levels.” Bike ready and passenger mounted, she then proceeded to validate almost all of Enoch’s usual concerns, besides the bodily harm. She and the local police had an understanding. In the unlikely event that she got in a real accident, which genuinely barely ever happened, she always made sure to take the brunt of it herself. The police in return, not wanting to deal with having nothing fast enough to catch her, and not wanting to hassle even a semi-retired enforcer, let her be. This resulted in a Jay shaped blur being a not uncommon local sight, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds most would call wildly illegal, and mildly insane.

Usually she reined it in a bit near the school so as to not draw too much attention, but usually she wasn’t this late. She slowed at the last possible moment to draw to a smooth halt. A screeching halt was more dramatic, but she wouldn’t do that to her baby unless she absolutely had to. She parked her bike in front of the school with an almost dainty grace, and then hopped off. She took a moment to pull her hair from her jacket and let it breath and stretch. The downside to having Enoch as a passenger is that she had to hold her hair beneath her jacket. For a moment she didn’t bother to pretend it was normal hair, let it float up and drift in an absent wind. She then promptly took a beanie out of her jacket pocket and tucked her hair away tightly.

She turned to Enoch with a slight smirk and spoke, “Here we are, only a little bit late. All it took was stretching a few traffic laws.”

Enoch had trouble getting used to technology. Sure, he had mostly adapted over the past years, at first just with lab equipment, and then with the more esoteric inventions such as “cellphones”, “Cars”, and “lightswitches”. Even so, that kind of speed was usually something he only associated with those bearing wings or some sort of hyperactive muscular tissue, and thus he still had full trouble adapting to it. Still, at least his grip and weight distribution had improved, so the frequency at which he got flung off had decreased dramatically.

He still couldn’t help but smile at Jay’s remark “If that’s what one calls ‘stretching’, I dread the day you decide to break some. Still, good job as it is. We might make a taxi driver out of you yet.” He ruffled her hair slightly before he retrieved his backpack, donned his hood, and got ready for another agonizing day.

“Ladies first” he said jokingly, waiting for Jay to be the first to enter, so as to at least have her take the brunt of everyone staring at the late arrivals.

Jay knew Enoch fairly well by this point, and could guess as to why he wanted her to enter first. First she took a moment to activate the rune on her bike. No average thief was going to take it from there, and an above average thief would see the vamp mafia markings and turn right around. When she spoke her voice was annoyed, but not in his direction, “I don’t think we are going to make that much of an impression. I already have a headache from the fangirl overload in there. I think Ara made another performance. Theres going to be a crowd of overexcited weirdos through there being loud and happy.” She grimaced slightly before an idea crossed her mind and her expression turned to a smirk. She then proceeded to throw an arm around Enochs shoulder and speak in a slightly smug tone, “Well if you were hoping I would take the focus, I think I will.” She then proceeded to bodily drag him forward and kick in the front doors with a bang, the Wrights entering in unison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back