Literature Be honest you had (or still in) a fan fiction phase

I started writing fanfic after I had been roleplaying for several years. My very first fanfic was posted about eleven years ago, and I took a long hiatus from it to work on original writing projects. After a while, I went back to writing fanfiction. It felt a lot better to employ the writing style and technical knowledge I absorbed during my education--especially considering all my practice with original works. Instead of feeling inadequate, I suddenly felt like I was getting my point across with improved clarity. These days, I still write fanfic from time to time when an idea strikes me and sticks. It is much better practice for writing than it used to be.

I used to write a Harry Potter fanfic series on wattpad yeeeears ago when I was in middle school. It got so much attention and still a little bit in recent years. I don’t know how so many people liked it when the writing was terrible. But that’s when I first started writing. I did some more fanfic then moved on to original work and roleplays.

I mean... No? I basically went straight into creative writing, with hits and misses of course, but I never felt the need to write or read fanfiction unless it has an interesting concept, or unless I have something to give the world I'm using. Examples!

•The one fanfic I loved writhing about: Klonoa, Crusaders of Pujiland. Klonoa is a puzzle/adventure game series with an illegal amount of cutesy feels and heart-breaking sadness, and the dream-like world is generally enjoyable.
But see, I'm a battle-freak. And one thing I'd love to see Klonoa experiment with? A dream world where everyone actually fights in a lot of different ways, so he has to adapt nd gradually become better at it while not being succumbed by the mentality of "fighting resolves everything in this world." Klonoa was in a crossover game in which he was a fighting character, but that's about it. So, yeah! There's one thing to give to that series: might as well experiment. Sooo... I did! Fun stuff. It was great practice for action scenes, too.

•The one fanfic I loved reading about was one made by Multi-Kirby, and it revolved about a human being turning into a puffball-like being, and having a journal to write on. And every time he wrote on it, a new personality was created in his mind. By the time the last chapter was reached, there were like 8 of them in one body, and the whole thing turned soooo psychological.
It was fun, it was new, it was interesting and it was pretty darn well written. So, I read that! These are just two examples, and I do have others, but I'd definitely not call that a fanfiction phase. More of a writing phase as a whole, really. It just so happens that I think fanfics are awesome practice tools with worlds I or anyone else would already be familiar with, but would still require effort, to like... properly bend them, y'know? Bend them to one's preferences.

Back in the day I would write Yugioh fanfiction. xD Marik/Malik x Bakura/Ryou all the way, Baybee~ (Now that I'm thinking of it, I'm not even sure if I got their alternative personalities names right in this post /and I'm too lazy to look it up/? It's been so long. But I loved to write it, and my friends loved to read it. :3 Yeah, we were pervs. lol) I had to stop when my mom found it though. Ugh. Parents ruin everything! xD

Never experienced such a phase for myself. If I didn't like a show's direction, I'd drop it and never think back on it again.

Never been into fanfiction and only roleplay... I found interactive aspect more interesting and enticing than writing or reading fanfiction...

What do you mean, "phase?"

No seiously, though, I've been writing fanfiction for-freaking-ever and that ain't gonna cjange anytime soon.

Now finishing (or even just starting) fanfiction, that's a whole 'nother beast.

Heck yeah I loved fanfic. I don’t have the attention span/motivation to write multi chapter things but I did a handful of one shots that weren’t too cringe.

I always wanted to do beta reading though. I love reading other people’s stuff and offering feedback.

Heck yeah I loved fanfic. I don’t have the attention span/motivation to write multi chapter things but I did a handful of one shots that weren’t too cringe.

I always wanted to do beta reading though. I love reading other people’s stuff and offering feedback.
Would you beta read some of my work?

You know, once the drafts finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back