Literature Be honest you had (or still in) a fan fiction phase

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
Dude I miss writing fan fiction its just now I'm super lazy and don't wanna write so much. That's why I do rp because my partners force me to write (force me to write 2000 words in a day 😩)

The fanfic that got the most attention was my smut Sword Art Online story I wrote when I was 15 and G O D was I popular in the SAO Lemon community (My most dreaded and crowning experience of my literature career)

I dabbled in other stuff but thats irrelevant

Anyway did you guys have a phase where you wrote fan fiction? Or are you still writing fanfics? I don't judge at all fan fiction is great practice and ez to get people to notice ur writing (:

Surprisingly I never went through a fan fiction phase. I went to straight to RP and then finally to just writing my own original fiction.

Well now I feel like a fool.. But that's really cool (:

Lord I used to be obsessed with Warriors Cats. I lived ate and breathed the lore. Constantly wrote fan fiction with my friend. We used to pretend the twigs and berries outside were medicine cat herbs LOL Obviously I outgrew that cringe.

I had a phase when I was so much into a fandom that I wrote quite a lot of fanfics about it. I'm still interested in the fandom, just not actively and I don't write anymore.

Since I do fandom rp, I also count that as a form of writing fanfiction. So I suppose I still have that phase, just with different fandoms and different forms of writing.

I don't mind reading fanfics occasionally, but I was never a devourer of fanfics. Mostly because I've always been into obscure fandoms/rare pairings and there wasn't much content. But when there is not much content, gotta create some yourself... There is a fandom where I was the only author of fanfics. Haven't checked it for a few years though, no idea if the situation changed but I doubt that XD

Uhh, I’m mainly into fandom roleplays, but I’ve never written fanfiction. Mainly that’s because before roleplaying, the thought of writing characters from stuff I like just never really came to me. So yea, unless you consider fandom roleplaying collaborative fanfic, no, I’ve never really written any.

Lord I used to be obsessed with Warriors Cats. I lived ate and breathed the lore. Constantly wrote fan fiction with my friend. We used to pretend the twigs and berries outside were medicine cat herbs LOL Obviously I outgrew that cringe.

Haha, this was my cringe, too!

I used to write a ton of fanfiction on Wattpad/Quotev. I would write human-in-pony-world fics, and I had my Sonic OC's, Nitro and Frost the Hedgehogs, fight Sonic.EXE. My most popular story was "Evil Pokemon" with like 130 reads a chapter. Needless to say, I deleted my Wattpad and Quotev accounts as soon as I wisened up.

I only write original fiction now -- Golden Age-styled puzzle mysteries. The thought of reading or writing fan-fiction is so greatly disgusting to me it puts me off a lot of Fandom RP, too, not because there's anything wrong with it, but because I don't want to remember the cringe I used to be

Depends. I went straight to fandom role playing, never used cannon characters or anything of the sort, but it was random. So whether I had such a phase depends on whether fandom is automatically counted as fan-fiction.

Never have been into fanfic, just went straight to RP... That being said, I've been considering making some fanfic for myself.

Full disclosure, I do have cringey self-insert characters for the fandoms I'm into. They just never see the light of day since I'm well aware that they're not great characters and I don't want to subject the poor people to them in any manner.

However, they've been living in my head privately for years now. Lately I've been considering writing stories down involving them. Part of me is embarassed to have these characters in the first place, so I'm hesitant, but then at the same time, I know I'm not letting anyone read these stories, so why hold back?

One could say I'm just barely starting my fanfiction phase.

Never have been into fanfic, just went straight to RP... That being said, I've been considering making some fanfic for myself.

Full disclosure, I do have cringey self-insert characters for the fandoms I'm into. They just never see the light of day since I'm well aware that they're not great characters and I don't want to subject the poor people to them in any manner.

However, they've been living in my head privately for years now. Lately I've been considering writing stories down involving them. Part of me is embarassed to have these characters in the first place, so I'm hesitant, but then at the same time, I know I'm not letting anyone read these stories, so why hold back?

One could say I'm just barely starting my fanfiction phase.
Here's my full-disclosure: if your characters are written honestly, they will have some part of you in them. Any truly earnest character is, on some level, a "self-insert". Don't be ashamed to draw from your own life and experiences to inspire your characters. Be happy that you're self-aware enough to do it well!

Yes, I did. I wrote fanfiction that was based on roleplay I did in an old mmo called Free Realms lol. That is lost to time, thankfully, as it had never been posted on the internet.
Then I did one of a Visual Kei Japanese rock band called Diaura that I posted to Wattpad. Don't remember the account or name of the story, but I remember the basic plot being the vocalist and one of the guitarists being a demon lol (please kill me) and I did briefly write a chapter or two of a Dishonored 1/Skyrim fanfic over in an anon skyrim forum in Livejournal lol.

I would love to write fanfiction at some point but I'm too lazy. I do like to read them though and never really grew out of that phase. Don't regret, 10/10 would do again.

I didn't have a full on *phase*, but there was a section of my life where I finished the Fargo series (there was only one season out at that point) and was so starved for content that I read every single fanfiction available, something I had never done before lol

I still write fanfics sometimes, and read them, even though I am a full blown Adult now

I have a Venom fanfic that's like 12 chapters long right now and I'm like, one chapter away from being finished. xP I really should just upload it and get it over with lol

I read fanfiction when I have an obsession about a particular thing/character. So I tend to binge-read everything and then not even think about fanfiction for a year or two.

I've never really written any. I did try to write some back in the day but I found it difficult to concentrate on finishing them. I certainly don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. I've read some amazing fanfics! They are fun and they bring happiness to people, so why not?

i physically cannot write fanfiction. writing characters that i did not create, that i do not know inside and out is scary- it's the same reason i shy away from fandom roleplays were the pairings require canon characters. don't get me wrong, other people are great at this, but i skipped the fanfic writing phase and into original works.

however, i happen to be an avid fanfic reader. there have been phenomenally written works that i've finished and been left with the sadness that it finished, then the realization that it was written much better than some of the original fiction i've read. then i look through the author's profile and read the rest of their fics.

i will mention that the only fanfic writer who i know irl writes for the youtuber "fandom" (think markiplier and jacksepticeye), which is an entirely different can of worms

I don't write fanfics anymore given I have moved to writing my own things these days. But I still like to go back and read it and highly enjoy it. You have very good writers out there!

I do actually find myself in a fanfiction phase. I tend to write a lot of fandom RPs, which I do consider to be fanfiction in a sense. As I usually write canon characters. Though outside of RP, I do have fanfiction drafts, hand written, and some typed I never post them. As I do not want to be pestered for updates, or berated for my writing.

I went through some writing. Enjoyed it. Then people started asking me to do editing for them. Which I kinda liked. Then I started checking M rated things because I was asked. I ascribe at least 20% of my current level of deviance to that. Fanfiction is fine. nothing to be ashamed about. It is basic training for creative writing, with a mostly-non offensive audience that will give you your initial thrill of recognition while not being overly supportive. It teaches understanding trend and audience and it teaches you supply and demand- you can write your esoteric piece on the nature of Seto Kiba's mental illness and his unnatural level of self deceit as to the nature of magic and dark powers... but if you don't make it accessible and you don't make it of an approachable level of quality then your story will be lost to the ether. So there is also an incentive to improve as well. So.. yeah - don't hate my FF phase personally. Kinda embarrassed because I was even more shit back then... but it was a valuable learning curve.

Oh boy I started writing Minecraft fanfics on fanfiction.net

And yikes they're awful

They were my most popular works on there though, since you couldn't find many Steve x Herobrine fanfics out there. My first fanfic was horrible.

I have gotten into Archive of Our Own after I've matured as a writer. I've written Sonic fanfics and Six of Crows ones as well.

I had a La Corda D'Oro phase and a Gundam SEED Phase. I'm not exactly keen on remembering both to be honest XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back