• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help BBCode Beginner - In Need of some Help

lipglossy.

πš‹πš’πšπšŒπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŒπš›πšŠπš£πš’
Hi famous BBcoders. My name is lipglossy and i want to start a bbcode shop. I kinda want to try it without bbcode, and with lol
Does any bbcoder have ideas on me to start, or some tips?

Last edited:
Hey love! My advice is that the private workshop is your best friend! I have sooo many codes i've messed around within my workshop.

I do have some free tutorials which you can find here:

I haven't completed some tutorials in a while because of study and being busy at work. But I also sometimes stream myself on twitch (twitch.com/weldherwings) while i'm doing my codes.

I hope that helped C:

I kinda want to try it without, and with

hello! i'm not quite sure what you mean by this, if you could clarify it (ΞΌ_ΞΌ)

otherwise, general tips:
before starting a shop, it'd be best to learn bbcode! steph has linked her amazing tutorials thread up above, but the way i learnt bbcode was from, for lack of a better word, tearing apart the codes of other coders to figure out how it worked and how i'd go about re-creating it! steph's advice about using the private workshop is also very good, and i wanna add on that the preview button is your best friend! always preview before saving to check how the stuff you've done looks so far.

the main gist of bbcode and making things pretty is css injection, so as a general guideline, most css functions will work with bbcode! so looking up "function css" on google usually gives you results to figure out how to accomplish certain things! i'm not quite sure how else to advise other than writing out full tutorials which is far beyond my capabilities, but my pms are always open if you're looking for specific help on certain things!! ! but a general tip is definitely to try to learn the format/theory of how bbcoding works rather than copying or having someone else do it for you!

i'd recommend the bbcult server as well, for you to ask other amazing bbcoders questions about coding! !!! have a link here: bbcult! just remember to be respectful and polite in the server (.❛ α΄— ❛.)

weldherwings weldherwings those videos actually helped me a lot! thanks.

Uxie Uxie i wanted to try out without bbcode also like leviathan. leviathan. β€˜s workshop. And searching β€œfunctiom css” up helped me also. I’ve already seen some of the β€œHelp!” Categories and seeing some tips, also

Last edited:
weldherwings weldherwings those videos actually helped me a lot! thanks.

Uxie Uxie i wanted to try out without bbcode also like @leviathan.’s workshop. And searching β€œfunctiom css” up helped me also. I’ve already seen some of the β€œHelp!” Categories and seeing some tips, also

i see! so as far as i know, what leviathan. meant by without bbcode refers specifically to a version of bbcode that has been retired that is known more commonly as bbcode+. you're able to achieve most of the same functions using the current state of bbcode. in short, with bbcode would be the only way you're able to go about it, i think!

and i'm glad it's helped you! i think it's important to start first with a design in mind, so you have an idea of what you want to achieve and can figure out how to get there through bbcode (oΒ΄β–½`o)

once again, thank you both and i think that helps me a lot (Β΄β–½ο½€*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back