• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
BBCode Assistance ThreadWelcome to a small thread for any and all BBCode needs! Just post the problem you're having below and I'll try my best to either solve it or pester someone who knows a bit more than me for you to take a look ( Chordling Chordling hue <3.)

Please make sure to also check the threadmarks to see if your question has been answered before you ask!

This thread is NOT for asking for code templates. Please look elsewhere to have code written for you.

Last edited:
oh, night i ask how you put stuff inside a box or border?
Use something such as:
Code:
[border=width style color]Text/image[/border]

You can read more about them in the guide sickied to the top of the BBCode subforum. ^^

Hello!

Is there any way to make a youtube video in media tags start at a certain time? The media doesn't load if I leave that part of the link in for the BBCode tag.

Hello!

Is there any way to make a youtube video in media tags start at a certain time? The media doesn't load if I leave that part of the link in for the BBCode tag.

Does pasting the URL with the timestamp not work?

If you leave the URL alone when you hit enter, the editor grabs important bits from the youtube link and auto embeds it for you. Mess around with it in the Private Workshop.

Does pasting the URL with the timestamp not work?

If you leave the URL alone when you hit enter, the editor grabs important bits from the youtube link and auto embeds it for you. Mess around with it in the Private Workshop.

If I use a youtube link with the timestamp (see example below), then nothing appears. The media tag is still in the source code, but the video doesn't load in. I was just wondering if something changes in the structure of the code if it has a timestamp, or if it should be the same. (or if it didn't work at all)
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]dQw4w9WgXcQ?t=1m19s[/MEDIA]

This code doesn't work, but taking out the timestamp causes the video to load, but from the beginning.

If I use a youtube link with the timestamp (see example below), then nothing appears. The media tag is still in the source code, but the video doesn't load in. I was just wondering if something changes in the structure of the code if it has a timestamp, or if it should be the same. (or if it didn't work at all)
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]dQw4w9WgXcQ?t=1m19s[/MEDIA]

This code doesn't work, but taking out the timestamp causes the video to load, but from the beginning.

Interesting.

That seems to be an issue more with the fact that the timestamp link function from youtube is newer the the media format/url structure for the youtube bbcode. I'll see about updating it or sending a request to xenforo.

Is it possible to create a hidden chunk of text? I want to be able to hide words, possibly more BBCode inside of say... a single letter hidden within another, master post.

IE: You write the word "Four" and the o can be opened, which shows an entirely new section of text, in a box, or however, I don't particularly mind.

Is it possible to create a hidden chunk of text? I want to be able to hide words, possibly more BBCode inside of say... a single letter hidden within another, master post.

IE: You write the word "Four" and the o can be opened, which shows an entirely new section of text, in a box, or however, I don't particularly mind.
As far as I'm aware, no. BBCode doesn't have the same functionality as HTML so this would be impossible unless you made that 'o' a spoiler which would look rather odd.

This is what I settled for at the moment.
no slide
Second Form
Text will be here. ​

It said in the tutorial that I could do it, but was confused on where they wanted me to place the code that I'd merge it with. I wanted it small like the last example in the RpNation - BBcode Guide.

This is what I settled for at the moment.
no slide
Second Form
Text will be here. ​

It said in the tutorial that I could do it, but was confused on where they wanted me to place the code that I'd merge it with. I wanted it small like the last example in the RpNation - BBcode Guide.
What you can do to make it smaller is add a percentage behind the accordion tag, so it will only fill to a certain portion of the container it's in.
Code:
[Accordion=50%]{slide=Slide}Text{/slide}[/accordion]

Now most accordions are normally floated within the center. That can be adjusted like this:
Code:
[Accordion=50%|<float/block here>]{slide=Slide}Text{/slide}[/accordion]

In that area above, you can use any from the list on the guide to get it how you would like. ^^

What you can do to make it smaller is add a percentage behind the accordion tag, so it will only fill to a certain portion of the container it's in.
Code:
[Accordion=50%]{slide=Slide}Text{/slide}[/accordion]

Now most accordions are normally floated within the center. That can be adjusted like this:
Code:
[Accordion=50%|<float/block here>]{slide=Slide}Text{/slide}[/accordion]

In that area above, you can use any from the list on the guide to get it how you would like. ^^
Thank you! :xFsmile:

I have a code I'm looking for some small help with if anyone has a moment. I'd like to center the accordion in this post.

The Hatter
5575286461c54c00c02bbc38e3944988.jpg

Name:
Rhyse “Risa” Talone
Nickname:
None
Biologically male. Female by choice and mental status.
Height:
5'10"
Physical Appearance
Risa has shorter blonde hair and she is ALWAYS wearing a hat because she is a hatter. Risa wears makeup at all times to make her face look more feminine and she wears feminine clothing on most occasions although she does tend to prefer functionality over “pretty ruffles.” She’s not about to wear high heels when she knows she’s going to be running around a lot. Risa has blue eyes.
Personality
Risa is very much a salesman (saleswoman?) at heart. She walks up to everyone she meets and is always trying to sell them hats. She is not beyond lying in order to try and convince people to buy her hats and she will never see that there is any problem with lying in order to try and sell something either. Risa was raised on the belief that selling hats was the only reason to do anything. Of course, that happens when you come from a family of hatters.

True to her position and to her history, Risa is always a very welcoming and friendly person because those are the qualities found in a better salesperson. She smiles whenever she’s meeting someone new and one of the first thing she notices about someone is the size of their head. She makes hats for almost anyone who wants one without even asking if they want it before she starts making it.

This brings us to the point of payment. Making hats, as Risa always says, costs money. She needs supplies and she needs to be paid for her labor. When people don’t pay her for a hat, she either revokes the hat or she steals the money. And seeing as she’s (at least, eventually) going to end up with a crew of pirates, she is more often than not going to steal the money from the person who she made the hat for.

There are some exceptions to her rules on payment, though. Risa’s goal is to spread her family’s business and therefore, if someone important is wearing one of their hats, it helps the business. In the cases of important people, Risa is always willing to waive the fee on the condition that they wear the hat in front of other people and let them know where they got the hat from so that business is brought back to her family’s business.

That is Risa as a saleswoman. However, there is more to her than that. Among people she gets along with, Risa has an awful lot of pride in her work and it shows. Anyone who insults her work is bound to find themselves fighting her face to face. Risa’s also not going to take too kindly to being called a boy under any circumstances unless she’s meeting someone for the very first time. She gives them one screw up and then she starts getting mad if it happens more than once.
Likes and Dislikes
  • Colors - there is no bad color if you ask her
  • Wearing make-up
  • Her family
  • Home and the thought of returning
  • Encouraging girls that they can be anything they want to be
  • Money
  • Wearing red
  • Flowers (as long as they're not pink)
Dislikes:
  • People who insult her hats
  • Being called a boy
  • People who don’t respect her choice to be female
  • The thought of never getting to go home
  • Brussel sprouts
  • Boy's clothing
  • Oddly enough - the color pink
  • Window shoppers
Strengths and Flaws
Strenghts:
  • Charismatic
  • Strong salesperson
  • Creative
  • Sense of fashion
  • Self-sustaining in most situations
  • Knows how to make money efficiently
Flaws:
  • Homesick often
  • Too prideful
  • Stubbornness
  • Sees nothing wrong with pickpocketing
  • Doesn’t ask if a person wants a hat before making it
  • Assumes everyone likes her hats
  • Values hatting over her own safety
Fighting Style
Risa prefers not to fight, actually. She likes to avoid it because fighting hurts her hands and she needs her hands to be functioning in order to make hats.

When she does have to fight, Risa wields a single dagger and alternates between punches and dagger slashes. It’s a fairly simple fighting style and she’ll admit she’s no expert in combat, but it's usually enough to keep a single opponent at bay for long enough.

Against multiple opponents at once, Risa’s always going to run.
Backstory
Hatting is the business of the family a pair of twins were born into. Rhyse and Reyson were both intended to follow in their father’s footsteps to become hatters themselves and both young boys were excited to do exactly what their father did for a living. The boys grew up together and they started by drawing hats that they wanted to make. Reyson’s were always the “functional, yet fashionable” kind and Rhyse’s hats were more pretty, more out there, more colorful and overall more unique. There was no problem with this. Both were essential skills to hatting and their father appreciated both boys equally as did their mother.

However, as time passed, a rift slowly started growing between the two boys, not because they didn’t like each other, but because it was the twins themselves who began noticing that Rhyse didn’t fit in with their classmates in school. He always preferred to hang out with the girls and he began to feel more and more out of place. It wasn’t that no one liked him; more and more, though, Rhyse noticed that his body didn’t feel like it belonged to him anymore. He wanted to grow his hair long, he wanted to wear make-up, he wanted to go shopping and overall, he just didn’t want to be a boy anymore. It took a while for him to realize that was the problem, but the minute he did, Rhyse chose to become Risa instead.

Their father was furious with him. Rhyse was beaten for trying to be a girl instead of a boy because girls, according to their father, could not be hatters. For some reason or another, Rhyse endured his father’s cruelties. Reyson kept trying to tell him that all he had to do was pretend and their father would stop. Rhyse didn’t want to lie, though. He refused to do such a thing.

Abuse for wanting to be a girl became his life.

Then, when the boys turned 16, their father died of a heart attack. It was the greatest relief for Rhyse who could finally become Risa and stay Risa. And it was the hardest thing in the world, too. How can a child be sad for the death of a man who beat them, a man who was their father? Reyson and their mother cried at the funeral. Risa did not. She did comfort her twin and her mother, though. That much she was capable of.

Since their father died, it was time for Risa and Reyson to take over the family business. No one meant to stop Risa from helping, but Risa decided that she didn’t want to do things the conventional way. She never did. So she decided to do something different and Reyson agreed to it. Risa would travel the world and spread the hats that they made to every corner of it. Her end goal… to hat a member of the government, a pirate warlord, a pirate emperor… Risa wants to be the one to make a crown for the pirate king. And so Risa left her home with Reyson’s farewell.

Reyson knows that she’s still a part of the family business. She always will be. Reyson knows that half the customers who come into his shop were sent by his twin sister, a woman who he has the utmost faith in.

Code:
[h][color=lightcoral][font=Delius Swash Caps]The Hatter[/font][/color][/h]

[font=Delius][center][row][column=span4][heightrestrict=400][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/55/75/28/5575286461c54c00c02bbc38e3944988.jpg[/img][/heightrestrict][/column]
[column=span4]
[table]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Name:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rhyse “Risa” Talone[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=Lightcoral][b]Nickname:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]None[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Gender:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Biologically male. Female by choice and mental status.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Age:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Height:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5'10"[/td][/tr]
[/table][/column][/row]
[accordion]
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Physical Appearance[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa has shorter blonde hair and she is ALWAYS wearing a hat because she is a hatter. Risa wears makeup at all times to make her face look more feminine and she wears feminine clothing on most occasions although she does tend to prefer functionality over “pretty ruffles.” She’s not about to wear high heels when she knows she’s going to be running around a lot. Risa has blue eyes.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Personality[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa is very much a salesman (saleswoman?) at heart. She walks up to everyone she meets and is always trying to sell them hats. She is not beyond lying in order to try and convince people to buy her hats and she will never see that there is any problem with lying in order to try and sell something either. Risa was raised on the belief that selling hats was the only reason to do anything. Of course, that happens when you come from a family of hatters. 

True to her position and to her history, Risa is always a very welcoming and friendly person because those are the qualities found in a better salesperson. She smiles whenever she’s meeting someone new and one of the first thing she notices about someone is the size of their head. She makes hats for almost anyone who wants one without even asking if they want it before she starts making it. 

This brings us to the point of payment. Making hats, as Risa always says, costs money. She needs supplies and she needs to be paid for her labor. When people don’t pay her for a hat, she either revokes the hat or she steals the money. And seeing as she’s (at least, eventually) going to end up with a crew of pirates, she is more often than not going to steal the money from the person who she made the hat for.

There are some exceptions to her rules on payment, though. Risa’s goal is to spread her family’s business and therefore, if someone important is wearing one of their hats, it helps the business. In the cases of important people, Risa is always willing to waive the fee on the condition that they wear the hat in front of other people and let them know where they got the hat from so that business is brought back to her family’s business. 

That is Risa as a saleswoman. However, there is more to her than that. Among people she gets along with, Risa has an awful lot of pride in her work and it shows. Anyone who insults her work is bound to find themselves fighting her face to face. Risa’s also not going to take too kindly to being called a boy under any circumstances unless she’s meeting someone for the very first time. She gives them one screw up and then she starts getting mad if it happens more than once.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Likes and Dislikes[/color][/font][/bg]}[row][column=span4][b]Likes:[/b]
[list][*]Hats
[*]Colors - there is no bad color if you ask her
[*]Wearing make-up
[*]Her family
[*]Home and the thought of returning
[*]Encouraging girls that they can be anything they want to be
[*]Money
[*]Wearing red 
[*]Flowers (as long as they're not pink)[/list][/column]
[column=span4][b]Dislikes:[/b]
[list][*]People who insult her hats
[*]Being called a boy
[*]People who don’t respect her choice to be female
[*]The thought of never getting to go home
[*]Brussel sprouts
[*]Boy's clothing
[*]Oddly enough - the color pink
[*]Window shoppers[/list][/column][/row]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Strengths and Flaws[/color][/font][/bg]}[row][column=span4][b]Strenghts:[/b] 
[list][*]Charismatic
[*]Strong salesperson
[*]Creative
[*]Sense of fashion
[*]Self-sustaining in most situations
[*]Knows how to make money efficiently[/list][/column]
[column=span4][b]Flaws:[/b]
[list][*]Homesick often
[*]Too prideful
[*]Stubbornness
[*]Sees nothing wrong with pickpocketing
[*]Doesn’t ask if a person wants a hat before making it
[*]Assumes everyone likes her hats
[*]Values hatting over her own safety[/list][/column][/row]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Fighting Style[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa prefers not to fight, actually. She likes to avoid it because fighting hurts her hands and she needs her hands to be functioning in order to make hats. 

When she does have to fight, Risa wields a single dagger and alternates between punches and dagger slashes. It’s a fairly simple fighting style and she’ll admit she’s no expert in combat, but it's usually enough to keep a single opponent at bay for long enough. 

Against multiple opponents at once, Risa’s always going to run.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Backstory[/color][/font][/bg]}Hatting is the business of the family a pair of twins were born into. Rhyse and Reyson were both intended to follow in their father’s footsteps to become hatters themselves and both young boys were excited to do exactly what their father did for a living. The boys grew up together and they started by drawing hats that they wanted to make. Reyson’s were always the “functional, yet fashionable” kind and Rhyse’s hats were more pretty, more out there, more colorful and overall more unique. There was no problem with this. Both were essential skills to hatting and their father appreciated both boys equally as did their mother. 

However, as time passed, a rift slowly started growing between the two boys, not because they didn’t like each other, but because it was the twins themselves who began noticing that Rhyse didn’t fit in with their classmates in school. He always preferred to hang out with the girls and he began to feel more and more out of place. It wasn’t that no one liked him; more and more, though, Rhyse noticed that his body didn’t feel like it belonged to him anymore. He wanted to grow his hair long, he wanted to wear make-up, he wanted to go shopping and overall, he just didn’t want to be a boy anymore. It took a while for him to realize that was the problem, but the minute he did, Rhyse chose to become Risa instead. 

Their father was furious with him. Rhyse was beaten for trying to be a girl instead of a boy because girls, according to their father, could not be hatters. For some reason or another, Rhyse endured his father’s cruelties. Reyson kept trying to tell him that all he had to do was pretend and their father would stop. Rhyse didn’t want to lie, though. He refused to do such a thing.

Then, when the boys turned 16, their father died of a heart attack. It was the greatest relief for Rhyse who could finally become Risa and stay Risa. And it was the hardest thing in the world, too. How can a child be sad for the death of a man who beat them, a man who was their father? Reyson and their mother cried at the funeral. Risa did not. She did comfort her twin and her mother, though. That much she was capable of. 

Since their father died, it was time for Risa and Reyson to take over the family business. No one meant to stop Risa from helping, but Risa decided that she didn’t want to do things the conventional way. She never did. So she decided to do something different and Reyson agreed to it. Risa would travel the world and spread the hats that they made to every corner of it. Her end goal… to hat a member of the government, a pirate warlord, a pirate emperor… Risa wants to be the one to make a crown for the pirate king. And so Risa left her home with Reyson’s farewell. 

Reyson knows that she’s still a part of the family business. She always will be. Reyson knows that half the customers who come into his shop were sent by his twin sister, a woman who he has the utmost faith in.{/slide}[/accordion][/center][/font]

I'm not an expert BBCoder, but this was the solution I came up with. Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

The Hatter

5575286461c54c00c02bbc38e3944988.jpg

Name:
Rhyse “Risa” Talone
Nickname:
None
Biologically male. Female by choice and mental status.
Height:
5'10"

Physical Appearance
Risa has shorter blonde hair and she is ALWAYS wearing a hat because she is a hatter. Risa wears makeup at all times to make her face look more feminine and she wears feminine clothing on most occasions although she does tend to prefer functionality over “pretty ruffles.” She’s not about to wear high heels when she knows she’s going to be running around a lot. Risa has blue eyes.
Personality
Risa is very much a salesman (saleswoman?) at heart. She walks up to everyone she meets and is always trying to sell them hats. She is not beyond lying in order to try and convince people to buy her hats and she will never see that there is any problem with lying in order to try and sell something either. Risa was raised on the belief that selling hats was the only reason to do anything. Of course, that happens when you come from a family of hatters.

That is Risa as a saleswoman. However, there is more to her than that. Among people she gets along with, Risa has an awful lot of pride in her work and it shows. Anyone who insults her work is bound to find themselves fighting her face to face. Risa’s also not going to take too kindly to being called a boy under any circumstances unless she’s meeting someone for the very first time. She gives them one screw up and then she starts getting mad if it happens more than once.
Likes and Dislikes
  • Colors - there is no bad color if you ask her
  • Wearing make-up
  • Her family
  • Home and the thought of returning
  • Encouraging girls that they can be anything they want to be
  • Money
  • Wearing red
  • Flowers (as long as they're not pink)
Dislikes:
  • People who insult her hats
  • Being called a boy
  • People who don’t respect her choice to be female
  • The thought of never getting to go home
  • Brussel sprouts
  • Boy's clothing
  • Oddly enough - the color pink
  • Window shoppers
Strengths and Flaws
Strenghts:
  • Charismatic
  • Strong salesperson
  • Creative
  • Sense of fashion
  • Self-sustaining in most situations
  • Knows how to make money efficiently
Flaws:
  • Homesick often
  • Too prideful
  • Stubbornness
  • Sees nothing wrong with pickpocketing
  • Doesn’t ask if a person wants a hat before making it
  • Assumes everyone likes her hats
  • Values hatting over her own safety
Fighting Style
Risa prefers not to fight, actually. She likes to avoid it because fighting hurts her hands and she needs her hands to be functioning in order to make hats.

Against multiple opponents at once, Risa’s always going to run.
Backstory
Hatting is the business of the family a pair of twins were born into. Rhyse and Reyson were both intended to follow in their father’s footsteps to become hatters themselves and both young boys were excited to do exactly what their father did for a living. The boys grew up together and they started by drawing hats that they wanted to make. Reyson’s were always the “functional, yet fashionable” kind and Rhyse’s hats were more pretty, more out there, more colorful and overall more unique. There was no problem with this. Both were essential skills to hatting and their father appreciated both boys equally as did their mother.

Reyson knows that she’s still a part of the family business. She always will be. Reyson knows that half the customers who come into his shop were sent by his twin sister, a woman who he has the utmost faith in.

Code:
[centerblock=70][center][h][color=lightcoral][font=Delius Swash Caps]The Hatter[/font][/color][/h][/center]

[row][column=span4][font=Delius][center][heightrestrict=400][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/55/75/28/5575286461c54c00c02bbc38e3944988.jpg[/img][/heightrestrict][/center][/font][/column][font=Delius][center]
[column=span4]
[table]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Name:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rhyse “Risa” Talone[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=Lightcoral][b]Nickname:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]None[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Gender:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Biologically male. Female by choice and mental status.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Age:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][bg=lightcoral][b]Height:[/b][/bg][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5'10"[/td][/tr]
[/table][/column][/center][/font][/row][font=Delius][center][/center][/font][/centerblock][font=Delius][center]
[centerblock=70][accordion=100%]
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Physical Appearance[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa has shorter blonde hair and she is ALWAYS wearing a hat because she is a hatter. Risa wears makeup at all times to make her face look more feminine and she wears feminine clothing on most occasions although she does tend to prefer functionality over “pretty ruffles.” She’s not about to wear high heels when she knows she’s going to be running around a lot. Risa has blue eyes.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Personality[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa is very much a salesman (saleswoman?) at heart. She walks up to everyone she meets and is always trying to sell them hats. She is not beyond lying in order to try and convince people to buy her hats and she will never see that there is any problem with lying in order to try and sell something either. Risa was raised on the belief that selling hats was the only reason to do anything. Of course, that happens when you come from a family of hatters. 

That is Risa as a saleswoman. However, there is more to her than that. Among people she gets along with, Risa has an awful lot of pride in her work and it shows. Anyone who insults her work is bound to find themselves fighting her face to face. Risa’s also not going to take too kindly to being called a boy under any circumstances unless she’s meeting someone for the very first time. She gives them one screw up and then she starts getting mad if it happens more than once.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Likes and Dislikes[/color][/font][/bg]}[row][column=span4][b]Likes:[/b]
[list][*]Hats
[*]Colors - there is no bad color if you ask her
[*]Wearing make-up
[*]Her family
[*]Home and the thought of returning
[*]Encouraging girls that they can be anything they want to be
[*]Money
[*]Wearing red 
[*]Flowers (as long as they're not pink)[/list][/column]
[column=span4][b]Dislikes:[/b]
[list][*]People who insult her hats
[*]Being called a boy
[*]People who don’t respect her choice to be female
[*]The thought of never getting to go home
[*]Brussel sprouts
[*]Boy's clothing
[*]Oddly enough - the color pink
[*]Window shoppers[/list][/column][/row]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Strengths and Flaws[/color][/font][/bg]}[row][column=span4][b]Strenghts:[/b] 
[list][*]Charismatic
[*]Strong salesperson
[*]Creative
[*]Sense of fashion
[*]Self-sustaining in most situations
[*]Knows how to make money efficiently[/list][/column]
[column=span4][b]Flaws:[/b]
[list][*]Homesick often
[*]Too prideful
[*]Stubbornness
[*]Sees nothing wrong with pickpocketing
[*]Doesn’t ask if a person wants a hat before making it
[*]Assumes everyone likes her hats
[*]Values hatting over her own safety[/list][/column][/row]{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Fighting Style[/color][/font][/bg]}Risa prefers not to fight, actually. She likes to avoid it because fighting hurts her hands and she needs her hands to be functioning in order to make hats. 

Against multiple opponents at once, Risa’s always going to run.{/slide}
{slide=[bg=lightcoral][font=Bree Serif][color=white]Backstory[/color][/font][/bg]}Hatting is the business of the family a pair of twins were born into. Rhyse and Reyson were both intended to follow in their father’s footsteps to become hatters themselves and both young boys were excited to do exactly what their father did for a living. The boys grew up together and they started by drawing hats that they wanted to make. Reyson’s were always the “functional, yet fashionable” kind and Rhyse’s hats were more pretty, more out there, more colorful and overall more unique. There was no problem with this. Both were essential skills to hatting and their father appreciated both boys equally as did their mother. 

Reyson knows that she’s still a part of the family business. She always will be. Reyson knows that half the customers who come into his shop were sent by his twin sister, a woman who he has the utmost faith in.{/slide}[/accordion][/centerblock][/center][/font]

Okay, so I've been trying to make a code, but for some reason it isn't working. One problem I'm having is that apparently the "font" edit isn't recognizing my font, even though it comes from Google Fonts. I use the code from the example and it works fine, but when I swap out the font name, it doesn't.

Also, I was wondering how much you could edit these basic forms and how that would work. For example, I wanted to use a Header for my page and edit the text font/color and the underline. But when I tried to put in code for it, it didn't do anything except eat my code. Same thing when I tried to edit the colors and fonts with an accordion. This was the format I used:

Code:
[accordion]
[bg=#00005c]
{slide=Testing 1}Info{/slide}
[/bg][/accordion]

I did a bit of CSS/HTML before coming here, so I've used that stacking sort of principle before, but it looks like it doesn't behave in exactly the same way. Can you explain it a bit more? Thanks!

Okay, so I've been trying to make a code, but for some reason it isn't working. One problem I'm having is that apparently the "font" edit isn't recognizing my font, even though it comes from Google Fonts. I use the code from the example and it works fine, but when I swap out the font name, it doesn't.

Also, I was wondering how much you could edit these basic forms and how that would work. For example, I wanted to use a Header for my page and edit the text font/color and the underline. But when I tried to put in code for it, it didn't do anything except eat my code. Same thing when I tried to edit the colors and fonts with an accordion.

I did a bit of CSS/HTML before coming here, so I've used that stacking sort of principle before, but it looks like it doesn't behave in exactly the same way. Can you explain it a bit more? Thanks!

I'd need to see how you coded the font. Did you throw in quotations as a habit perhaps?
Rubik Mono One
Code:
[font=Rubik Mono One]Rubik Mono One[/font]

Are you using the RTE (rich text editor) or the BBCode editor? That can cause codes to mess up using RTE.

Accordians can be customized quite a bit. Just lurk through the other BBCode shops around and you'll see them. But as for things like BBCode headers;

Rubik Mono One
Code:
[h][u][font=Rubik Mono One][color=#336699]Rubik Mono One[/color][/font][/u][/h]

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath

If you're looking to modify a header, you have to make sure your font, color and underline codes inside the header codes.

This:
Code:
[h][color=teal][u][font=Delius]Insert Header here[/font][/u][/color][/h]
will work.

This:
Code:
[color=teal][u][font=Delius][h]Insert Header Here[/h][/font][/u][/color]
will not work (... at least, I don't think it will.)

I hope that answers at least part of your question.

Also, with fonts, capitalization matters. I'm not sure if that might be part of your problem or not, but I've run into it in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back